#Neverused Showdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Django

Started from the bottom...
is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Yeah replays from the finals would be cool (so DTC stop crying and play on PO).

Sub Tailwind Braviary the strongest.

Django

is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
New showdown

!!!

The theme was "Monotype with one wildcard, MonoWater is banned"

Here is the bracket: http://challonge.com/nu4

Molk - 1
FLCL - 2
MMF - 4

If anyone has the replay of the final please post it [=

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Meh, i lost in the second round due to a combo of a bad team matchup and hax, but it was still fun, gg

MMF

Give me the strength to part this sea
MONO POISON STRONGTH! But really the only huge weaknesses Poison has are a weakness to ground and psychic which Haunter anad Skuntank both respectively cover. I wish I had the replay of the match though because it was really a good match. PEOPLE. Join the #neverused showdowns! :)

Trick Room proved to be a very solid strategy for me. Beheeyems access to TR + Thunderbolt was important in most of my matches, and the sheer power of Wailord(who is much more fun than Octillery) allowed me to muscle through the few pokemon that could be a problem for Beheeyem.

I also packed Amoonguss, who is a staple on doubles teams, in order to use Rage Powder and Spore, though for the most part I wanted him dead by the end of turn one in order to have two sweepers in

And of course no team is complete without a backup duo incase TR goes down, and for that I brought Charizard and Absol, packing Fire Gem and Dark Gem respectively, they both packed a lot of power and allowed pressure to stay on even if Musharna + Beheeyem failed.

It was a fun restriction for sure, since I've never really played doubles before and just went off of basic VGC knowledge that people have told me :)

Django

Man you are so wrong about Octillery, that bro is all Wailord wishes it could be. Anyway I tried Trick Room as well, but also brought Rain with it. In the end I spent too much time trying to set everything up and by that point my team had lost. Also Beeheyem is an ass.

Follow Me Togetic on the other hand, is an absolute champ; great bulk and Roost, as well as access to Helping Hand make it an incredible doubles Pokemon.

You put much more thought in than i did lol. My basic strategy was to get 6 pokes that worked well together and just all out attack lol. Ive never playe doubles before but have heard that its quick and offensive. Eh, got lucky vs dtc (sorry about that :/) but had fun overall! Good theme!

ugh I wish i had thought out my team better, i just threw a few pokemon together, I didn't even consider if they worked well together. anyways it was a good theme congrats Raseri

MMF

We had a new showdown tonight!! The theme was "Try to Lose". Basically we had to try and switch into super-effective moves and try and get each of our Pokemon Ko'd. You also couldn't attack with the same move twice in a row and also could not switch out twice in a row. Each person made the best team they could and gave it to their opponent to use and vice versa. So your overall goal was to lose with the best possible team that was given to you.

FLCL vs. VintageBooks
NoLuckInvolved vs. MMF
AlexArthur vs. Incon

VintageBooks vs. AlexArthur
VintageBooks vs. MMF
AlexArthur vs. MMF

Points awarded:
MMF - 4
AlexArthur - 2
VintageBooks - 1
NoLuckInvolved - 0

Trying to lose was extremely difficult especially since we had such good teams (cough, mine) but it turned out to be very fun! And stallish!

giving Bastiodon roar was the stupidest thing i did, it was great becuase it was so easy to hit it with resisted hits and it could take them easy, but giving it nothing that could hurt the team I was using was kinda dumb.

Well that was actually really fun anyways. Congrats to MMF for winning :)

Django

I really liked this theme, its kind of like suicide chess if you have ever played that. Its really counter intuitive but once you get into it it's a lot of fun. Using the opponents team is also a cool idea for this, as you can build them good teams to win (lose) with.

Also good to see another host. Activity was a bit low but that will pick up. Remember guys, these happen every day and will continue to do so.

MMF

Latest Showdown!!! Theme: Item Clause was in effect and Expert Belt, Leftovers, Life Orb, and all Choice Items were banned!

Here's the bracket: http://challonge.com/nu6

MMF - 1
VintageBooks - 0
AlexArthur - 0

Another small turn-out but thats ok. It ended up being a really fun theme and definitely was a good teambuilding exercise.

watashi

is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
World Defender
Eviolite should've been banned too imo but it was still a fun showdown! had a chance to use linoone to its fullest potential :D

Django

We had a new showdown today, where each player was given 6 random pokemon from 1-100 in the usage stats.

Here are the teams:

1. cbb: Cryogonal, Regirock, Pinsir, Alomomola, Tauros, Murkrow
  2. FLCL: Cinccino, Electrode, Vileplume, Rotom-S, Regice, Camerupt
  3. VintageBooks: Cacturne, Combusken, Emboar, Musharna, Rapidash, Shiftry
  4. AlexArthur: Probopass, Sawsbuck, Garbador, Ampharos, Torkoal, Persian
  5. DTC: Raichu, Whirlipede, Volbeat, Muk, Torterra, Weezing
  6. Molk: Gigalith, Luxray, Ursaring, Quagsire, Gardevoir, Kangaskhan
  7. pnerd: Carracosta, Metang, Rotom-F, Kingler, Butterfree, Zebstrika
  8. Djangoo: Marowak, Misdreavus, Leafeon, Bastiodon, Throh, Swellow
  9. MMF: Magmortar, Golem, Tangela, Audino, Grumpig, Exeggutor
  10. Limi: Hypno, Cradily, Glaceon, Piloswine, Jumpluff, Duosion
  11. Keiran: Gurdurr, Serperior, Wartortle, Fraxure, Meganium, Braviary
  12. thewolf: Tentacool, Miltank, Gorebyss, Flareon, Simipour, Mr. Mime

And here is the bracket:

pnerd vs Limi
AlexArthur vs FLCL
thewolf vs Djangoo
cbb vs VintageBooks
DTC vs Molk
MMF vs Keiran

Djangoo vs Molk
cbb vs FLCL
MMF vs Limi

FLCL vs Djangoo
Djangoo vs MMF
FLCL vs MMF

MMF - 3
Djangoo - 2
Limi- 1
cbb - 1
Molk -1

Really happy with 12 players as well, lets keep it up guys.

watashi

is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
World Defender
Probaby the most exciting showdown we've had so far! It was fun not knowing which Pokemon you'll get and changing your team to match up with your opponent's in short notice.

MMF

Yeah this was definitely a good theme choice! Me and FLCL got probably the luckiest as far as what we got but it was still cool to see what people got. The thing I like most about these showdowns is that you get an oppurtunity to use Pokemon that you normally wouldn't use. And sometimes you find something you like!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)