New and "creative" moveset/EV spread thread "Mark 2"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a similar Porygon-Z, only it has Download. Download will substantially raise it's sweeping potential. It will allow Porygon-Z to use it's other attacks more effectively. The raise to 605 SpA if done right and with 96 SpE EVs, Porygon-Z outspeeds everything short of Scarfed 125s after agility. Ice Beam's OHKO on YacheChomp with Life Orb by a margin of 1.1% is also nice.

The analysis for Suicune only mentions Mirror Coat in the other options section, so I tried to create my own set devoted entirely to Mirror Coat.

Suicune @ Leftovers
Bold nature
240 HP, 60 defense, 40 special attack, 168 special defense
Mirror Coat
Protect
Surf
Ice Beam/Rest

Much of the magic of this set is in the EVs. With the spread given, its defenses are 401/309/308, meaning it takes neutral hits on either side as well as a max HP/defense Swampert takes hits on the physical side.
With so much special defense, Gengar can barely manage a 2HKO you with Thunderbolt some of the time, while Mirror Coat easily dispatches the grinning ghoul. Protect eases prediction, and lets you recover a little with Leftovers if you're not playing in sandstorm. Surf is Suicune's attacking move of choice, and the 40 special attack EVs are meant to power it up, since without Calm Mind this set is somewhat lacking in power. The last moveslot is a toss-up, and determines what you ought to use to support this Suicune. With Ice Beam, you get better coverage, but need Wish support, and with Rest, you can recover on your own, but will require Aromatherapy support.

Comments?

The analysis doesn't mention anywhere this set,and i use it massively.Let's say it's the epitome of a defensive poke.Well,there it is:

Scizor@Leftovers
Technician

252 hp/252 def/6atk

Iron Defense
X-Scissor
Metal Claw
Roost

What this set does achieve?Well,it stops any non-SD physical attacking poke,and it's probably the best 1X1 poke(the last poke in both teams)
Iron Defense makes it real bulky at physical attacks,while Roost is there for recovery.Note that he's immune to Toxic,which pokes with 50% recovery move really hate.

Then X-Scissor is there for STAB.And Metal Claw.Metal Claw?
50 BP isn't too weak?And it's a steel type attack!!!Well,let me say one thing:Technician.
Technician boosts it to a good 75 BP plus STAB,with a 10% chance of raise attack.One more thing:64 PP!!!!That's probably it's one of the best last pokes 1X1 stall thing.Stell type almost doesn't matter.

Pros:it counters a HUGE list of physical attackind based pokes who can't raise the attack.It can take a surf or two from bulky waters too.Paired well with either Dugtrio or Blissey

Cons::Run like ther's no tomorrow of fire types.They laughs at the set.Stay away from powerful special sweepers too,and phazers.You can't compete with Swords Dance pokes too.But,well,you have another 5 pokes in your team to take care of that.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Well poor Tauros sucks now. And even this set shows the extremes that he must go through just to get around some walls (too bad he sucks versus Cresselia and Celebi).

Pokemon: Tauros
[SET]
name: LORos
move 1: Return
move 2: Earthquake / Stone Edge
move 3: Fire Blast
move 4: Hidden Power Ice
item: Life Orb
ability: Intimidate
nature: Naive
evs: 100 Atk / 156 SAtk / 252 Spe
[SET COMMENTS]
This set is actually different from most Tauros sets as it actually aims to destroy some of many common switch-ins to Tauros. Sadly it does have a lot of issues but it also has many advantages. STAB Return is your best weapon when it comes to using neutral attacks while Fire Blast 2HKOs Skarmory and at least will dent Metagross and Bronzong. Hidden Power Ice helps add more damage against Gliscor adding a 2HKO which still isn't horrible at all thanks to his high Speed. It can also 2HKO Garchomp which helps a lot in the long run. The final move is dependant on what you fear the most. Earthquake is preffered and at least will help destroy Heatran and Tyranitar while Stone Edge puts Gyarados into tight situations.

After remembering MoP talking about CM Infernape once, I decided to make this set.

Infernape @ Life Orb / Leftovers
Nature: Timid
EVs: 32 HP / 144 SpAtk / 140 SpDef / 192 Spe
- Calm Mind
- Fire Blast / Flamethrower
- Focus Blast
- Substitute / Slack Off / Hidden Power Electric

This set allows Infernape to set up against walls like Cresselia, which many teams rely on to beat Infernape. This allows Infernape to get a easier sweep than it usually can. This set also makes a good wall breaker to allow another sweeper to set up.

The EVs are very specific. Timid and 192 Speed EVs puts you at 330 Speed, right above Base 100 Speed Pokemon. This makes sure you can beat Jirachi and Celebi with Fire Blast / Flamethrower.

32 HP gives Infernape 301 HP, enough to take 3 Seismic Toss / Night Shade from the likes of Blissey. This will give you one more turn to set up against Blissey, or some other Pokemon with Seismic Toss. It should be noted that Calm Mind Infernape can beat all Blissey without Thunder Wave.

140 Special Defense EVs guarntees that Vaporeon can't do any more than 52% to you after 2 Calm Mind, thus letting you set up against it with Leftovers. If you're using Life Orb, you can always Calm Mind a third time against Vaporeon.

144 Special Attack EVs lets you OHKO Garchomp all the time with Stealth Rock up. It also gives you a pretty good chance to OHKO Vaporeon.

Life Orb is the suggested item here, as you can OHKO Vaporeon and Garchomp with it, while Leftovers can't OHKO Vaporeon and Garchomp. However, if bulk is preferred over power, you can always run Leftovers to have a easier time against the likes of Vaporeon.

Substitute blocks Toxic from random walls. It also can block Thunder Wave or Hypnosis from crippling Infernape. Slack Off gives Infernape a easier time against Cresselia and Vaporeon as you can keep using Slack Off and Calm Mind until have you +6 SpAtk and +6 SpDef. Hidden Power Electric gives you an option to hit Gyarados, who would otherwise wall you.

I haven't seen anything that takes this idea into concept about Yanmega, so here it goes.

Yanmega

Name: ScarfMega

Bug Buzz
Air Slash
Hidden Power [Ice]/Hidden Power [Ground]
Hypnosis

Item: Choice Scarf
Ability: Tinted Lens
Nature: Modest
EVs: 0/0/0/252/6/252 (or the 6 in Def, your choice.)

We all know Yanmega has Speed Boost to become a threat that can not be outsped after a turn or two, but sometimes, Protecting on a turn to save yourself gives the opponent a free moment to set up. Yanmega's speed is nice enough to run a Choice Scarf, and it's a very nasty surprise to the opponent if they can't see it coming. It also makes a wonderful lead, outspeeding and quickly hitting Stealth Rock setters. It can also put to sleep leads that aren't running Lum Berry.

The EVs given give Yanmega 433 speed, which outspeeds a hefty amount of things, including some versions of Ninjask, giving them the assassination if they don't Protect (should they try Sub, they're dead unless they have more than 433 speed, which isn't too common.) Should they use Weavile, it's going to die, thinking it can Swords Dance on an anticipated Protect for the Speed Boost.

Tinted Lens is a very powerful ability, turning what would be something as a 3HKO back to a 2HKO. The choice of Hidden Power is whether you want to be more successful as a revenge killer or hitting Magnezone and Heatran, two common counters to Yanmega, much harder. Hidden Power Ice delivers revenges to Dragons, particularly Garchomp, locked into Outrage (Not Scarf versions though.)

To conclude, feel free to try this out. Use it before people catch on though, because once they do, it won't be as destructive.

Interesting set Wayff, i almost wondered about a CMape but i never tried a set. Can it survive a timid 252 SpA surf from starmie with that ev spread though? As thats it's numero uno switch-in.

Has anyone suggested a new set for Kecleon? I might post my first creative moveset for it tomorrow and might need some help since it's my first one as stated previously:)

Clefable @Life orb
EVs:252 Atk/252 Spd/6 HP
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Magic guard
-Meteor mash
-Fire punch
-Softboiled
-Double-edge
This thing has excelent type coverage for a physical sweeper. And the sweet thing is doesn't take life orb and double edge recoil. D-E is the main attack fire punch for steels who resist normal. Rock resists fire and normal so meteor mash does the trick! And softboiled is for recovery.

for the record ive seen erik use scarf TL yanmega

Clefable @Toxic Orb
EVs:252 HP/252 Def/4 Spe
Nature: Impish
-Cosmic Power
-Softboiled
-Belly Drum
-Facade

used in conjuction with pursuit/bullet punch meta or something to remove gengar then... ^__^ EVs are pretty much random, might improve on them later

for the record ive seen erik use scarf TL yanmega

Clefable @Toxic Orb
EVs:252 HP/252 Def/4 Spe
Nature: Impish
-Cosmic Power
-Softboiled
-Belly Drum
-Facade

used in conjuction with pursuit/bullet punch meta or something to remove gengar then... ^__^ EVs are pretty much random, might improve on them later
Cool set. Except, I personally would use Life Orb/ Lefties and Double Edge.

Ok here's my new set for Kecleon and since it's my first there will probably be a lot of mistakes with it so feel free to critique it to its' fullest:

Kecleon@Leftovers/some other useless item for Trick use

Relaxed Nature

EVs:252 HP/200 Def./52 Atk./6 Sp. Def.

-Trick
-Magic Coat
-Brick Break
-Substitute/Trick Room

This set is designed to take status and to swap items with the foe which should screw up the opponents' strategy, Brick Break for some great coverage and so it doesn't get walled by rocks,steels,and other normal types and also dark types. This set only works if Trick Room is set up by your other teammate/s, Substitute and Trick Room are for blocking hits(Substitute) and Trick Room is if well I think you know(if Trick Room runs out). That's my new set for Kecleon and I would like some opinions on it since I know it's not the most perfect set to be ever created:)

I haven't seen anything that takes this idea into concept about Yanmega, so here it goes.

Yanmega

Name: ScarfMega

Bug Buzz
Air Slash
Hidden Power [Ice]/Hidden Power [Ground]
Hypnosis

Item: Choice Scarf
Ability: Tinted Lens
Nature: Modest
EVs: 0/0/0/252/6/252 (or the 6 in Def, your choice.)

We all know Yanmega has Speed Boost to become a threat that can not be outsped after a turn or two, but sometimes, Protecting on a turn to save yourself gives the opponent a free moment to set up. Yanmega's speed is nice enough to run a Choice Scarf, and it's a very nasty surprise to the opponent if they can't see it coming. It also makes a wonderful lead, outspeeding and quickly hitting Stealth Rock setters. It can also put to sleep leads that aren't running Lum Berry.

The EVs given give Yanmega 433 speed, which outspeeds a hefty amount of things, including some versions of Ninjask, giving them the assassination if they don't Protect (should they try Sub, they're dead unless they have more than 433 speed, which isn't too common.) Should they use Weavile, it's going to die, thinking it can Swords Dance on an anticipated Protect for the Speed Boost.

Tinted Lens is a very powerful ability, turning what would be something as a 3HKO back to a 2HKO. The choice of Hidden Power is whether you want to be more successful as a revenge killer or hitting Magnezone and Heatran, two common counters to Yanmega, much harder. Hidden Power Ice delivers revenges to Dragons, particularly Garchomp, locked into Outrage (Not Scarf versions though.)
Hate to burst your bubble, but this is in the analysis already.

Lead Swellow

Swellow (F) @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 5 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Pursuit
- Facade
- Protect
- Mirror Move

Pursuit for switches. Facade for pain. Protect to scout and to activate Guts. Mirror Move reflects stuff.

Bologo

Have fun with birds and bees.
is a Contributor Alumnus
There is no "Scarf Yanmega" set in the Analysis...
http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/yanmega

Choice Specs

Choice Specs Tinted Lens Modest / Timid Moveset EVs ~ Bug Buzz
~ Air Slash
~ Hidden Power Ground / Hidden Power Ice
~ U-turn / Hypnosis
4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

While the last set made great use of Speed Boost, this takes full advantage of Yanmega's other excellent ability in Tinted Lens. Switching anything but a special wall or 4x resist into this is a tough proposition. Thanks to Tinted Lens, Bug Buzz does plenty of damage to Magnezone, while Air Slash can badly mess up Heatran and Skarmory.

A super-effective Hidden Power only has an extra 5 base power than a neutral Bug Buzz, but taking out both Heatran and Magnezone in one hit from HP Ground still makes it a useful option. The same can be said for Dragons, especially those of the Flying variety, and Hidden Power Ice.
The last slot is mostly filler. U-turn is useful for scouting, or you can use Hypnosis when Yanmega first makes an appearance, so taking out its counter will be an easier prospect.

You can use Speed Boost here, as catching a boost on the switch to an otherwise faster enemy may help score a 2HKO, whereas Tinted Lens would force Yanmega to switch. If you want to keep Tinted Lens and have some extra Speed, a Choice Scarf is also viable.
Just because it doesn't specifically say "Choice Scarf Yanmega", it doesn't mean that it's not mentioned. Please read the analysis completely before correcting someone.

no, but the use of a choice scarf instead of choice specs with completely the same moveset and ability doesnt warrant a new set, which is the main reason why the list of viable creative movesets was so short.

changing specs to scarf doesnt warrant a new set unless you go mixed and play it completely differently.

edit: bologo pretty much beat me to it with better evidence and whatnot.

Didn't see any analysis on the much overlooked Magneton for UU matches, so Idk, here goes my analysis (need a LOT of help here, so please bear with me and correct me on stuff if you see fit)

Name: Magneton
Moveset name: UU Magnezone
Move 1: Thunderbolt
Move 2: Flash Canon
Move 3: Hidden Power Ground
Move 4: Magnet Rise
Ability: Magnet Pull
Item: Life Orb
Nature(s): Modest
EVs: 252 Sp. Attack, Hp.. ? (please help)

Magneton can actually be quiet usefull in UU battles with all the wierd Steels getting some action in this Tier. HP Ground is essential for nailing all those Steel/Rock (Bastiodon, Probopass, Aggron) and Steel types in general (Mawile, Steelix). Of all those, Choice Specs Magneton OHKO's: All versions of Bastiodon, Aggron, and Mawile.

Neutral-natured Probopass is OHKO'ed 64.8% of the time If you're running the Relaxed nature with the standard Calm EV spread (252 Hp, 68 Sp. defense), but it has trouble with Calm natured Probos, as they can fire back an Earth Power for a OHKO. On the other hand, All standard sets for Offensive natured Probos are all OHKO'ed (assuming 252 Hp, 6 Sp. Defense).

Steelix can be a problem as well, assuming they're running the standard 252 Hp, 136, as it will at best only be a 2HKO (factoring leftovers in also). If for some reason they don't give it any Sp. Defense EVs, then you have a 78.35% chance of OHKO'ing it.

But here's the kicker: Magneton with his 70 base speed outspeeds ALL of those steel types (assuming they're running they're standard spreads and not dumping wierd amounts in Speed for some reason). Magneton traps them, and then can use Magnet Rise to resist the Earth Powers and Earthquakes that are to be expected. After that, you're completetly ready to OHKO or 2HKO safely with HP Ground.

But now onto the other stuff. I'm not too sure how many EVs to drop into speed and how many to dump into HP, as I know it's base HP is 50 (aka horrible) and its speed is actually kinda respectable at 70, tieing it with Mightyena, Poliwrath, Politoad, Hitmontop, Delcatty, and Butterfree (to name off some of them that may run 252 Speed EVs).

Mild nature helps Explosion get off maximum damage to maybe OHKO possible switch outs if you're not facing a steel, and I think that would be the more preferred nature as Magneton is so fragile anyway (although the 95 base defense might tell you otherwise).

Please help me expand on this, as I want to make this sound better than I put it. I know Magneton could function in UU, but I would very much like some help in proving it to others. Thanks in advance :)

Opinions and help please?

Maniaclyracist already said, that your set is useless, because Magneton isn't UU. It is OU like Magnezone. So it is maybe nice set, but you can't use it in UU.
Wow =/. That's wierd that Magneton to be OU. Any reason?

I saw it in the NFE Tier, and I just assumed it was aloud in the UU tier simply because it's a pre-evo of it's OU brother (along the same lines as Scyther is to Scizor)

I'm pretty sure Megneton is OU because it has a speed advantage over Magnezone, so some people still prefer it.

Any thoughts on my Torterra set on the first page? I might start breeding one, it still sounds fun in my head, but I'd like some opinions.

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It's already been stated. Magneton is not allowed in UU, and so it cannot be used as a UU threat. The opinion has already been given, and the set isn't viable at this time. If in the future that changes, you should repost and ask again.

That said, I might as well give you a hand. Try a simple 252/252 Timid set. You'll gain the ability to outspeed Poliwrath, which is VERY useful in UU, as well as a couple other nifty things (which I can't think of off the top of my head). Furthermore, as you stated yourself, nothing you trap poses a major threat to you due to your resistances, so you can afford the attack drop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)