Not open for further replies.
Next up is another funny idea:

[RolfPert] haha - SpecsPert - (Swampert) @ Choice Specs - Modest
108HP/252Att/48Def/100Spe
~Earth Power
~Hidden Power Bug
~Ice Beam
~Surf/Hydro Pump

You've seen sets such as MixPert that take advantage of a quite-decent 85 SpA stat. This set puts it to full use, effectively giving Swampert 442 SpA stat. Responding to the new choice items thread, Swampert seems to be just the guy.

HP Bug vs. 252HP/0spD Celebi - 95.30% - 112.13%
Surf vs. 252HP/0spD Zapdos - 55.21% - 65.10%
Ice Beam vs. 4Hp/0spD Breloom - 148.85% - 175.19%
Surf vs. 252HP/92spD Bronzong - 47.04% - 55.33%

Request more calcs or whatever.
Your acting really Trollish now.

Don't take credit for sets. Chances are someone thought of it already, and it only serves to buff your ego.

Don't name sets after yourself. This is a rule.

Not many people use non-sturdy Grass types as Swampert counters, and Celebi is not going to ever be OHKOed by Blizzard.

Focus Blast is completely redundant with Earth Power. There is nothing Focus Blast hits harder than Earth Power or Surf. It's also a horrible coverage move because of the accuracy. Take it off.

The rest of the set is mediocre, but it's on the analysis already, or at least should be.
Just in case someone didn't understand he posted this already 8 days ago, it was slammed then and is getting slammed again, and this was thought of prior to both of your posts.

OP

Tucker, I edited it. It is very much different. As you can see, everything suggested in that post is changed, along with some calcs for some somewhat common Swampert switch-ins. Please just bear with me here.

@Kenshin - The #1 switch-in to pert is Celebi. No other move he packs will do any significant damage at all. HP Bug is the only way to go.

Sorry, as you can tell with my now-28 posts, I don't roam around here much. Looking in the Platinum Updates thread would not be something I would do =\ FYI its only been posted once before in this thread and the post was utterly ignored and the EVs on it sucked anyways. I edited the set with new calcs and such:
Next up is another funny idea:

[RolfPert] haha - SpecsPert - (Swampert) @ Choice Specs - Modest
108HP/252SpA/48Def/100Spe
~Earth Power/Toxic
~Hidden Power Electric/Hidden Power Bug
~Ice Beam
~Surf/Hydro Pump

You've seen sets such as MixPert that take advantage of a quite-decent 85 SpA stat. This set puts it to full use, effectively giving Swampert 442 SpA stat. Responding to the new choice items thread, Swampert seems to be just the guy.

Celebi is by far the #1 counter to Swampert. You can go one of two ways - either go with HP Electric and hit Celebi hard with Ice Beam on the switch, then switch to a stronger Pursuiter, preferably Scizor or Tyranitar to take 'bi out while it recovers.

The great thing about this set is that it can survive to switch in many times with its useful resistances and continue to hammer things hard. As with any set with only specs, Blissey completely walls. As you will be using Earth Power the least, it could be a nice idea to hit Blissey or anything else with a Toxic. If you're lucky enough to get within Torrent range, then Surf will be the absolute best option in just about every situation.

HP Bug vs. 252HP/0spD Celebi - 95.30% - 112.13% - OHKO with rocks
Ice Beam vs. 252/0spD Celebi - 64.11% - 75.50% - 2HKO with rocks

Surf vs. 252HP/0spD Zapdos - 55.21% - 65.10% - 2HKO

Ice Beam vs. 4Hp/0spD Breloom - 148.85% - 175.19% - OHKO

Surf vs. 252HP/92spD Bronzong - 47.04% - 55.33% - probable 2HKO with rocks

HP Elec vs. 252HP Skarmory - 76.65% - 90.42% - 2HKO
Earth Power vs. 252HP Jirachi (uncommon) - 91.34% - 107.43% - probable OHKO with rocks
Surf vs. 252HP Jirachi (uncommon) - 48.27% - 56.68% - probable 2HKO with rocks
HP Elec vs. 148HP Milotic - 45.89% - 53.88% - probable 2HKO with rocks
HP Elec vs. 188HP Vappy - 44.87% - 52.68% - probable 2HKO with rocks
HP Elec vs BulkyGyra - 104.05% - 122.43% - OHKO

Request more calcs or whatever.

Altair

just who is the coon?
Here's a set I've been using in the New UU to great success:

Typhlosion @Leftovers
Quiet Nature (+Sp. Atk, -Spe)
228 HP, 28 Atk, 252 Sp. Atk
-Fire Blast
-Subsitute
-Focus Punch
-HP Grass

This set works similarly to Boah in OU: get behind a sub and fire off powerful attacks. Typhlosion works very well in this role, since its common switch-ins are bulky waters and Chansey, whom are dented by HP Grass and Focus Punch respectively.The Attack EVs are for getting a clean 2HKO on Chansey. The moveset is pretty self-explanatory. Fire Blast is your main STAB move, with HP Grass hitting the bulky waters and Focus Punch hitting Chansey.

Some Damage Calcs:

Typhlosion's Fire Blast to a 252/0 Neutral-Natured Spiritomb-(58.55% - 69.08%)- 2HKO

Typhlosion's Fire Blast to a 252/4 +SpD Regice-(51.37% - 60.44%)-Almost always a 2HKO

Typhlosion's Fire Blast to a 252/200 Neutral-natured Registeel-(57.97% - 68.41%)-Always a 2HKO

Typhlosion's Fire Blast to a 252/0 Neutral-natured Shaymin-(93.81% - 110.40%)- 60% chance of a OHKO

Typhlosion's HP Grass to a 212/0 Neutral-natured Slowbro-(46.35% - 54.69%)- almost always a 3HKO with lefties

Typhlosion's HP Grass to a 148/0 Neutral-Natured Milotic-(33.15% - 39.13%)- 3HKO-4HKO

Typhlosion's HP Grass to a 252/252 +SpD Regirock-(29.40% - 34.62%)-4HKO =/

Typhlosion's Focus Punch to a 252/252 +Def Chansey-(53.98% - 63.64%)- 2HKO

Oh, and hi Smogon. =p

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
While I agree that Mixed Typhlosion (and Magmortar for that matter) are quite viable, you'd be better off abusing Typhlosion's 100 base speed.

Magmortar arguably suits the UU wall breaker role more effectively. Also, TyraniBoah can sponge hits and setup due to its natural bulk while Typhlosion, a Fire type with less than adequate defensives, cannot.

Typhlosion is a good wall breaker, but Magmortar works better with access to Thunderbolt instead of Thunderpunch, and Cross Chop.

Altair

just who is the coon?
Typhlosion is a good wall breaker, but Magmortar works better with access to Thunderbolt instead of Thunderpunch, and Cross Chop.
While I agree that Mixed Typhlosion (and Magmortar for that matter) are quite viable, you'd be better off abusing Typhlosion's 100 base speed.
Magmortar arguably suits the UU wall breaker role more effectively. Also, TyraniBoah can sponge hits and setup due to its natural bulk while Typhlosion, a Fire type with less than adequate defensives, cannot.
Typhlosion has decent defences for a UU sweeper (78,78,85), which is the main reason I chose it over Blaziken and Magmortar(80,70,70 and 75,67,95 respectively). The difference is minimal, but I still prefer wall-breakers to be on the bulky side. The reason I didn't choose Arcanine(90,80,80 defences and Intimidate) is because I wanted a fighting move to kill Chansey with, and Arcanine usually 3HKOs Chansey with the mixed set spread in the analysis. Also, Typhlosion serve as an effective lure for Chansey as I stated before. So looking at the facts, Typhlosion has a niche as a wall-breaker, albeit a very small one.

@tennisace- Wall-breakers don't really need that much speed imo. They only really need 238, enough to outspeed a supporting shaymin, which is likely the fastest thing on a stall team.

Thanks for the feedback, everyone!

haunter

Banned deucer.
Typhlosion has decent defences for a UU sweeper (78,78,85), which is the main reason I chose it over Blaziken and Magmortar(80,70,70 and 75,67,95 respectively). The difference is minimal, but I still prefer wall-breakers to be on the bulky side. The reason I didn't choose Arcanine(90,80,80 defences and Intimidate) is because I wanted a fighting move to kill Chansey with, and Arcanine usually 3HKOs Chansey with the mixed set spread in the analysis. Also, Typhlosion serve as an effective lure for Chansey as I stated before. So looking at the facts, Typhlosion has a niche as a wall-breaker, albeit a very small one.
@tennisace- Wall-breakers don't really need that much speed imo. They only really need enough speed to outrun supporting Shaymin in UU, which is likely the fastest wall out there.

Thanks for the feedback, everyone!
With the EV's provided in the analysis for the mixed attacker, arcanine does 62.93% - 74.01% to max\max positive chansey with flare blitz, and has intimidate and extremespeed wich may make it preferable as a mixed sweeper.

With the EV's provided in the analysis for the mixed attacker, arcanine does 62.93% - 74.01% to max\max positive chansey with flare blitz, and has intimidate and extremespeed wich may make it preferable as a mixed sweeper.
The problem being that after Flare Blitzing a Chansey you're nearly dead, and won't be sweeping much afterwards. That's assuming the very best case scenario and Chansey doesn't use Seismic Toss, Thunder Wave OR Softboiled.

Here's a set I've been using in the New UU to great success:

Typhlosion @Leftovers
Quiet Nature (+Sp. Atk, -Spe)
228 HP, 28 Atk, 252 Sp. Atk
-Fire Blast
-Subsitute
-Focus Punch
-HP Grass

This set works similarly to Boah in OU: get behind a sub and fire off powerful attacks. Typhlosion works very well in this role, since its common switch-ins are bulky waters and Chansey, whom are dented by HP Grass and Focus Punch respectively.The Attack EVs are for getting a clean 2HKO on Chansey. The moveset is pretty self-explanatory. Fire Blast is your main STAB move, with HP Grass hitting the bulky waters and Focus Punch hitting Chansey.

Some Damage Calcs:

Typhlosion's Fire Blast to a 252/0 Neutral-Natured Spiritomb-(58.55% - 69.08%)- 2HKO

Typhlosion's Fire Blast to a 252/4 +SpD Regice-(51.37% - 60.44%)-Almost always a 2HKO

Typhlosion's Fire Blast to a 252/200 Neutral-natured Registeel-(57.97% - 68.41%)-Always a 2HKO

Typhlosion's Fire Blast to a 252/0 Neutral-natured Shaymin-(93.81% - 110.40%)- 60% chance of a OHKO

Typhlosion's HP Grass to a 212/0 Neutral-natured Slowbro-(46.35% - 54.69%)- almost always a 3HKO with lefties

Typhlosion's HP Grass to a 148/0 Neutral-Natured Milotic-(33.15% - 39.13%)- 3HKO-4HKO

Typhlosion's HP Grass to a 252/252 +SpD Regirock-(29.40% - 34.62%)-4HKO =/

Typhlosion's Focus Punch to a 252/252 +Def Chansey-(53.98% - 63.64%)- 2HKO

Oh, and hi Smogon. =p

The only problem with this set is as you Substitute, they send in Chansey. Chansey can Seismic Toss, thus breaking your Substitute, while you hit her with the first Focus Punch. Now she is free to prevent this "scheme" and can easily switch into something like Raikou later to Softboiled off the damage. The biggest downside to this set is Typhlosion doesn't have 101 HP Substitutes, so Seismic Toss breaks it, unlike Boah. Another problem is Stealth Rock + Substitute screwing your HP badly. Overall, creative, tho there are better mixed sweepers in UU, like Nidoking, that render the set rather useless.

Altair

just who is the coon?
I forgot to factor in life orb lol. Anyways, it seems like Typhlosion has too much competition as a mixed-sweeping fire type from Blaziken, Magmortar, and Arcanine and is more suited to scarf+eruption.

The set does lack creativity and makes no sense to me at all, Flash Fire users, Registeel, Reigrock, Registeel, and things with decent defenses has a feild day with Specs Crobat, and throwing U-Turn doesn't help as all you doing is losing more possible coverage, Nasty Plot in all ways is superior as it has access to recovery, which in most situations is more useful than a 60% accurate Hypnosis, Fire Poison has terrible coverage being walled or sponged by many top UU threats, not to mention Corbat has pretty lack luster special attack to begin with reaching and unimpressive 239(358) running a Timid Nature, which is why in all ways Nasty Plot is superior as effectively doubling Crobat's special attack to around 480, as well as having the option to switch between attacks, Sludge Bomb is only used as it has nice coverage along side Heat Wave, without the ability to switch between attacks Crobat is effectively walled by Nintails, Arcanine, Regitsteel, Lapras, Flareon, the list goes on. The set's only saving grace is U-Turn which allows it to scout, but it's not like your ever going to be able to hit something with out some pretty awesome prediction, even then once your locked into a move it's pretty easy to counter, and crobat lacks the immediate power of most Choice users, a rule of thumb is that a Choice User should be able to effectively use it's attack, with prediction to Score massive amounts of damage to even it's counter. Hidden Power ground is decent, but in retrospect the only decent Choice Flyers are Staraptor and Mence and that partly due to their pretty awesome Intimidate ability. Crobat cannot function efficently as a choice user because one it takes Stealth Rock damage, and its move are easily wallable, and the power it has is not impressive by any means, espeically when other pokemon can reach those stats without a boost., and if you have to switch out everytime Registeel, Steelix, a Fire or Water types shows it's face then your not effectively using the Choice item, and you meanwhile are taking 35% everytime you switch in.

You did change my mind on one thing it was creative, just not in a very good way.
I find this quite offensive for a start and totally unnecessary. U-Turn is excellent and creative whats good about it is that you can bluff another set and then proceed to rape the switch ins. For instance you get crobat in on a predicted EQ/CC using crobats awesome resistances and U-Turn they switch to Steelix or Rotom. They take SR damage and you get a free switch. The momentum is now in your favour they switch out. The next time you punish that switch in with your modest natured attack from there it goes on. The point i am trying to make is that free switches and suprise factor are extremely crucial for offensive teams this set can easily clear the way for sweepers and keep the enemy on their toes. If you ignore this and still think this is uncreative i urge you to try it out in an offensive team in UU.

BTW you can easily go modest here as not much will outspeed you in UU anyway.

I find this quite offensive for a start and totally unnecessary. U-Turn is excellent and creative whats good about it is that you can bluff another set and then proceed to rape the switch ins. For instance you get crobat in on a predicted EQ/CC using crobats awesome resistances and U-Turn they switch to Steelix or Rotom. They take SR damage and you get a free switch. The momentum is now in your favour they switch out. The next time you punish that switch in with your modest natured attack from there it goes on. The point i am trying to make is that free switches and suprise factor are extremely crucial for offensive teams this set can easily clear the way for sweepers and keep the enemy on their toes. If you ignore this and still think this is uncreative i urge you to try it out in an offensive team in UU.

BTW you can easily go modest here as not much will outspeed you in UU anyway.
Your scenario for makes no sense why would a Choice User switch in then switch out, if I came in on an Earthquake I'd go for Heat Wave or Sludge Bomb (I'd never use this set, but if for a gimmick I was), you cannot consider them free switches when Crobat takes a minimun of 25% damage everytime he switches.

Ehh you should read Raikou Lover's article on Choice pokemon Crobat is not strong enough to run a Specs set, it coverage is meh..., and U-Turn doesn't make it any better because you taking 25% everytime you switch back in, while the Steelix is taking 6% and Rotom 12.5%.

Also don't get so defensive you posted your set to get opinions don't get mad if they're not what you expected the fact is Crobat is not a very Choice Specer. Also try this set and see how many KOs it gets.

Another note I changed my standpoint it's creative which is what this thread is for just not in a very innoative or effective way.

Stupidly Effective Paralysis Support
Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP/100 Atk/106 Def/50 SDef
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- Body Slam
- Iron Head
- U-Turn/Signal Beam/Wish
- Drain Punch/Wish

Since it is so bizzare let me give a semi lengthy explination

Bulky Paralysis support. I wanted to expand on the idea of the out-of-date Body Slammin Counter set but it kind of warped into this. This was hastily thrown together with my little knowledge of making EV's being effective. I wanted to make jirachi as bulky as possible while still having some attacking power.

Between Body Slam, Iron Head, and Drain Punch Jirachi won't let Blissey be able to effectively heal it's team of status, at least not on Jirachi's watch. Body Slam means Jirachi doesn't care much about

Signal beam even with a -SpA nature is a 2HKO on 252hp Celebi meaning they can't heal the team effectively either. U turn still hit's Celebi pretty hard and goes with the original idea of paralysis support and GTFO.

So the only other viable status healer is Miltank who is rare.

While Drain Punch seems like a bad move is more often than not been more useful than any other. If you paralyze Magnezone on the switch in, you win either by manner of U turning(Dugtrio is helpful here) or Drain Punching . If not, magnezone is left with barely any health to speak of.

However if you don't like it any one of the elemental punches could go into that slot or anything really. Body Slam is the theme of the set anyways and Iron head provides flinching. What more do you need? (fire punch maybe) This set plays like a more offensive version of the wish support set in the revamp.

Expand on the set or criticize and change it. Obviously Rotom-H and Heatran are common weakness but they are easily dealth with by other means.

Nasty Plot Weavile (Life Orb)
Timid - Pressure
252 SpA / 216 Spe / 40 Hp
IVs: 30 Spe / 30 SpA

~ Nasty Plot
~ Ice Beam
~ Dark Pulse
~ Hidden Power (Fire) / Focus Blast

Considerations: Surf, Calm Mind

This is a pretty interesting set I have been using on Shoddy.
I know you're thinking about what a n00b I am and such, using Nasty Plot on Weavile. However, there are several benefits:

a. Weavile is the second fastest user of Nasty Plot and the fastest user in OU.
b. Some of his special moves are more powerful than his physical ones - take Ice Beam vs Ice Punch, or Dark Pulse vs Night Slash.
c. Most people take a look at Weavile and decide to send in their physical wall like Hippowdon. The calculations I am going to show you will sort of surprise you, I hope.

Weavile's SpA after a Nasty Plot + Life Orb
188(2)(1.3) = 488.7
~ 488

Explanation of EVs and IVs
In order to use HP Fire or Fight, you will need 30 SpA and 30 Spe. 252 SpA generates the maximum SpA possible, 188. Speed hits 373 to outrun Dugtrio and positive base 120s. The remaining 40 EVs are invested into Hp, giving a Life Orb number.

Movepool
Let us observe Weavile's notable movepool on the special spectrum.
- Blizzard (120 Power, 70 Acc) = 180 (STAB) + 10% Freeze
- Ice Beam (95 power, 100 Acc) = 142 (STAB) + 10% Freeze
- Dark Pulse (80 power, 100 Acc) = 120 (STAB) + 20% Flinch
- Focus Blast (120 power, 70 Acc) = 100 + 10% -SpD Drop
- Surf (95 power, 100 Acc) = 95
- Shadow Ball (80 power, 100 Acc) = 80 + 20% -SpD Drop

Moveset
Ice Beam and Dark Pulse provide nice dual-STAB and cover a reasonable number of Pokemon in OU. Dark Pulse hits Azelf, Alakazam, Celebi, Cresselia, Dusknoir, Gengar, and Starmie effectively. Ice Beam hits Aerodactyl, Breloom, Celebi, Donphan, Dragonite, Dugtrio, Flygon, Gliscor, Hippowdon, Ninjask, Rhyperior, Salamence, Togekiss, Yanmega and Zapdos.

The last move is optional. Hidden Power (Fire) takes care of steels like Metagross, Jirachi and Skarmory, but in reality, it only does 20 more damage to the Steel-Psychic types in question - Ice Beam does more to Skarmory than HP Fire, if that helps. Therefore, I would go with or Focus Blast to hit more: Blissey, Empoleon, Heatran, Lucario, Mamoswine, Porygon-Z, Rhyperior, Snorlax, Tyranitar (notable), and opposing Weavile.

Calculations
Well, what can this do? In the previous paragraph, I have highlighted what it successfully hits. I'm going to list down some calculations, along with a few additional ones, to tell you how deadly this thing really is. (All calculations are with +2 SpA and Life Orb). "~ nature" is neutral and "+ nature" is a SpD boosting one.

Ice Beam
The only reason why one would opt for Ice Beam instead of Ice Punch is because it can hit bulky grounds. Enjoy!

OHKOs
~ Nature 252 Hp Hippowdon: 133.81% - 157.38%
~ Nature 252 Hp Donphan: 168.75% - 198.44%
~ Nature 252 Hp Celebi: 106.44% - 125.25%
~ Nature 252 Hp Gliscor: 307.34% - 361.86%
~ Nature 252 Hp Rhyperior: 159.45% - 187.56%
+ Nature 252 Hp / 220 SpD Zapdos: 89.06% - 104.95% (OHKO + Stealth Rock)

Flygon, Breloom, Aerodactyl, Dugtrio, Ninjask, Yanmega and Salamence are safely OHKO'd, as is Dragonite.

Extremely Important
~ Nature 252 Hp Skarm: 85.93% - 101.20% (potential OHKo with SR)
~ Nature 0 Hp Gyarados: 64.95% - 76.44% (potential OHKo with SR)
+ Nature 252 Hp / 252 SpD Togekiss: 75.94% - 89.30% (definite OHKO with SR)

Dark Pulse
Some of you may prefer Pursuit rather than Dark Pulse, but realize that Dark Pulse has a 20% flinch rate, and with Weavile's speed, he may just be able to pull that off.

~ Nature 0 Hp Azelf: 166.67% - 196.22%
~ Nature 136 Hp Starmie: 140.68% - 165.76%
~ Nature 252 Hp Dusknoir: 95.92% - 112.93% (definite OHKO with SR)
~ Nature 252 Hp Cress: 65.54% - 77.03% (2HKO)
+ Nature 252 Hp Cress: 59.91% - 70.50% (2HKO)

Gengar and Alakazam are OHKOd.

Focus Blast
Shall we hit Tyranitar?

~ Nature 252 Hp Tyranitar: 163.12% - 191.83%
~ Nature 0 Hp Weavile: 268.33% - 315.66%
~ Nature 0 Hp Heatran: 97.21% - 114.24% (definite OHKO with SR)
~ Nature 0 Hp Porygon-Z: 134.08% - 157.88%
+ Nature 252 Hp Empoleon: 87.90% - 103.49% (potential OHKo with SR)
+ Nature 252 Hp Blissey: 35.71% - 42.02% (Hmm...)
+ Nature 252 Hp Curselax: 47.90% - 56.30% (With SR, definite 2HKO, even after Lefties recovery)

0Hp Mamoswine and Luke are also knocked out.

Well?
Many of you are probably still skeptical after having a read through this bizarre set. You should, however, try it out sometime, as I did. Failure to eliminate Bronzong and Blissey with 2HKOs sound extremely unfortunate, but perhaps this thing can come up to be a late game sweeper, AFTER you have finished off the sponges. Also, Base 45 SpA sounds really unappealing, but if you check out Porygon-Z's new set, it is particularly similar to this one, although he is getting a physical go instead of a special one. This set will surprise, and get a few -> a lot of KOs if you play it correctly. Having Stealth Rock in play is recommended. Now, Bulky Grounds and fellows won't laugh at you when you hurl and Ice Beam right at their face.

No set is perfect, and I realize that. Like I said, Blissey totally walls this set. However, this set can still pose to be a threat to your opponent, especially if they aren't ready for it. Comments and the like are appreciated.

haunter

Banned deucer.
If I recall correctly a similar set has been already post in the past. The only real problem is weavile abysmal sp. atk, basically with this set you only gain coverage against skarmory and maybe scizor (if you're smart enough to predict a switch in), but lose coverage against blissey and mainly, you lose the ability to revenge-kill things like starmie (pursuit) and dragons (ice shard).

Consider that if you have the time to set up a nasty plot, you would have also the time to set up a swords dance.

With a nasty plot'd life orb'd hp fire you are still incapable of killing metagross (63.74% - 75.00% on 252 hp\0 sp. df) and bronzong (wich you have only a slim chance of 2hko if it doesn't invest in sp. defese) while they will still OHKO you with meteor mash\gyro ball respectively.

In conclusion, I think weavile is still a lot better as a physical hitter.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Alright, so this set is weird and I've had to tweak it multiple times, once I realized I had totally short-shrifted everything but Psycho Shift.

Yes, a Status Shifter, I've been trying it out and I still need to tweak the EV's, but I think it will become a valuable surprise. It is difficult to use, I won't deny, but I may just be bad at pokemons.

Xatu @ Choice Scarf
168 Atk/232 SA/108 Spe
Naive (+Spe, -SDef) - Synchronize
~ Sleep Talk
~ Psycho Shift
~ Me First
~ Sky Attack

Initially this set was created bulky and focused on Psycho Shifting Sleep. I checked Smogon's Sleep Talk description to see what moves Sleep Talk would not select, so I went with Me First and Sky Attack. I realized what potential it had when my Me First'ed Shadow Ball failed to KO Gengar. Instead of Bulky, I thought, I should focus on boosting Me First. I then learned I needed attack EVs when a Me Firsted Outrage failed to KO Dragonite. Thus why it now forgoes defenses entirely to boost offense.

I have never actually used Sky Attack [XD Tutor move] in battle. You could replace it with Fly if you wanted, since Sleep Talk never selects that either, but I figured since it's Scarf, you don't really enjoy the 1-turn protection benefits. If they're going to switch, you might as well pray for a Sky Attack crit to wipe something random out, or a flinch (30% chance) to occur.

The set hits 417 Speed, which should be fast enough to beat any non-scarfed pokemon and 270 Spe DD'ers, bar Ninjask which this can't really do anything to. Obviously the ability to spread Status with Synchronize and Psycho Shift is a selling point in and of itself. Take THAT, Sporegle. Too bad Breloom Poisons itself on the Spore turn, and Psycho Shift doesn't override...

Ideally you would want to use it after something Spec'd or Banded uses a move they're weak to. (TBolt Starmie, Outrage users, Shadow Ball Ghosts)
Calcs:

Me First Shadow Ball on 4 HP Gengar: 100-119% OHKO

MF SB On 252/0 Rotom (UU): 84-100%
MF SB On 252/0 Rotom-A: 64-76% 2HKO.

This is risky because they can follow-up with Thunderbolt, you really need the Rotom-A to be weakened. Regular Rotom has to watch out if SR is in play.

MF SB on 4 HP Mismagius 76-90%. Potential OHKO with SR down.

Also not ideal, but solid with SR down.

So the Shadow Ball calcs aren't the greatest, Low BP really hurts here. Outrage is more promising, since the user is locked into Outrage and primed for a revenge kill.

MF Outrage on 4HP Dragonite: 80-95% OHKO with SR
MF Outrage on 4HP Salamence: 90-107% OHKO with SR, potential OHKO otherwise.
MF Outrage on 4HP Flygon: 100-117% OHKO.

This is completely tangential, but Me First also works well on physical Flying attacks. in one battle I MF'd a Brave Bird from Staraptor and it read 123% damage. Go figure. Have fun with Togekiss. Maybe I should try this on CAP...

Addendum: Perhaps I'm focusing too much on Shadow Ball, and Revenging Outrage should be where I focus. If so, 252 Adamant MF Outrage does 96-113% on Draggy. 216 Speed EVs allows you to outspeed Scarf or Salac +Atk/SA Lucario, so you can hit it with Sky Attack, I suppose.

Erodent, what about Focus Punch over Focus Blast? If you predict well it could certainly solve your Blissey problem, even without significant attack investment on Weavile. If not Focus Punch, perhaps even Brick Break?

Bloo

Banned deucer.
This is a set created by me and one of my friends named Faraway Soul. Give him all the credit, not me ^_^!

Warning: This will not work nearly as well or not at all without Toxic Spikes support. This set works best with, but does not require, Spikes or Stealth Rock.

Ever hate it when you're using Kyogre and you're out of Water Spouts? And then, you're forced to Struggle and you finally realize that your spent? Well, this will make a nightmare out of that situation...

The Nightmare you can't Struggle out of

Mewtwo @ Leftovers
Nature: Timid
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 212 Spe / 240 HP / 58 SpA
- Substitute
- Recover
- Taunt
- Ice Beam / Flamethrower / Protect (Protect is recommended)

Mewtwo is not especially defensive with 106 base HP and 90 in both defenses, at least not in Ubers. It's only biggest asset is it's titanic 154 Special Attack and high speed. With a Pokemon like this, you might think that it is well suited to attacking; however, that is the reason it is easily countered. Because it often focuses on offense, walls that can absorb that offense will destroy it, and to a lesser extent, it's moves can be somewhat predicted. In this case, however, Mewtwo functions as a Pokemon that will help another set up and sweep, as well as simply waste the foe's PP and health through Toxic Spikes damage. You pretty much have to run Taunt. Otherwise you become set-fodder for just about everything and this forces them to use an Attack move to waste PP rather than wasting unnecessary PP while you Substitute like Stealth Rock.

Because of Mewtwo's blistering 130 base speed (not as fast as Deoxys, but fast enough to outrun almost everything else), it will allow Mewtwo to set up a Substitute and then waste 2 PP of the foe's move. Protect will also function that way, depleting another 2 PP. With the given HP, you will be able to Substitute 7 times in tandem with Protect. However, by counting the final blow and Protect, you should be able to waste 32 PP total of the foe's moves:

Calculations in an ideal situation to waste 32 opponent PP

Protect 100% HP + 1HP

Sub - 75% + 1HP
Leftovers - 81.25% + 1HP

Protect - 81.25% + 1HP
Leftovers - 87.5% + 1HP

Sub - 62.5% + 1HP
Leftovers - 68.75% + 1HP

Protect - 68.75% + 1HP
Leftovers - 75% + 1HP

Sub - 50% + 1HP
Leftovers - 56.25% + 1HP

Protect - 56.25% + 1HP
Leftovers - 62.5% + 1HP

Sub - 37.5% + 1HP
Leftovers - 43.75% + 1HP

Protect - 43.75% + 1HP
Leftovers - 50% + 1HP

Sub - 25% + 1HP
Leftovers - 31.25% + 1HP

Protect - 31.25% + 1HP
Leftovers - 37.5% + 1HP

Sub - 12.5% + 1HP
Leftovers - 18.75% + 1HP

Protect - 18.75% + 1HP
Leftovers - 25% + 1HP

Sub - 1HP
Leftovers - 6.25% + 1HP

Protect - 6.25% + 1HP
Leftovers - 12.5% + 1HP

Attack from enemy - 0% HP

Totally, this will waste 32 PP, or in other words, completely stall out all the moves in a 20 PP move such as Return, Grass Knot, and Focus Punch, as well as anything below that like Shadow Ball and Fire Blast.Furthermore, this will allow you to give Mewtwo's life for stalling 16 turns. If the foe decides to switch and not waste PP, you can Protect and then Recover from behind a Substitute, thus restoring your health. This can go on indefinitely as long as Protect doesn't run out, or the foe Taunts you, or if you are not given a chance to Recover.

Note: If weak moves are used in attempt to break the sub but cannot, as in times when a pokemon's strong moves are completely stalled out and is forced to use a weaker variant, by all means take advantage of that situation. It is also good to keep track of the move the foe uses, how many times it has been used, and the PP it has left.

Earthquake will go out after 16 turns of stall. This is about half the HP you have. Outrage will go out after 8, which is a fourth. Dragon Claw is 20 turns. Moves like these will be easily spent, while you can simply Recover damage off once they are reduced to a Struggling mess.

However, this is not without flaws. If you do not use Taunt, enemy Phazers and Taunters can beat you back, while without Flamethrower, Scizor will tear you apart. Ice Beam will hurt you because of Flying types and Levitators, especially Rayquaza, can set up on you and still be fine. One comfortable fact is that Ice beam will always OHKO 4HP Rayquaza, while Flamethrower will knock out 252 HP 252 SpD Scizor. Still, you must choose between one of them or your stalling power will be cut in half.

So, if you have a counter to Rayquaza in your team (namely Deoxys), opt for Flamethrower. If you have something to deal with Scizor, go for Ice Beam. Taunt could be used in place of both, but it will leave you wide open against Scizor, but will stop Rayquaza from setting up and Latias from recovering and CMing, thus letting you stall out almost all of their moves. All you need to do is send in the appropriate counter to the move they have left...and Bang! instant setup.

A bonus to Rayquaza is that Outrage will leave them confused after a few turns, thus letting you safely Recover. Also, a Scizor U-Turn could be nullified by Substituting, though it will hinder your ability to stall.

Try not to use this Mewtwo as a lead; use it when you know a bit about the enemies team, and you have a setup sweeper in the wings of your team. Against Choiced users does this set shine the most, such as CB Ho-oh, because you can stall out their moves and then watch them Struggle while you Recover. Struggle, in Shoddy Battle at least, will deal 25% to the user, always. Struggle is also a move that will always hit, but it only has 50 base power. Again, take advantage of these situations!

Faraway Soul, why should this be used over Giratina? Why should this set be used over Giratina? Giratina, undoubtedly, Giratina has access to better moves for defending and posesses much better defense and HP. The answer is in the speed. Speed allows Mewtwo to function as a fast but fragile staller, while Giratina tanks off hits and stalls. The difference is unpredictability. If Giratina was steadily taking PP away, people notice it better. They switch out into a counter. However, if Mewtwo was doing it, they don't really notice the PP loss; they only think of Mewtwo and how they can destroy it once the Substitute is gone. Once they Struggle, they are spent and realize their mistake.

Second, Mewtwo (yes, even with it's weak defenses) actually possesses a higher mortality rate (?) than Giratina. Giratina may be near impenetrable as a wall, but it can be. Usually, Giratina will not hold out longer than 16 moves, as it will soon be forced out. Also, Giratina has many weaknesses that can be exploited, namely Dragon, Ghost and Ice. In Mewtwo's case, the plan is..."What they can't hit, they can't get past"...or the ability to move before the foe and keep evading a fatal hit. With this, weaknesses do not matter to Mewtwo since they can't hit it at all.
Counters to this set:

There are many problems, to put it simply. A well made team to support Mewtwo can take care of all of them, but it may take a good stall team to do it.

One is RestTalkers. They can Rest without much problem if they have taken damage beforehand, and stall two turns while wasting PP of Mewtwo, and losing the Toxic damage done. The best thing to do is either leave them alone altogether - if you damage them, they may Rest again. However, Rest will not work at 100% HP, meaning that if they are not attacked, they cannot keep stalling. Also, Sleep Talk is a move that affects Mewtwo; it means that it will still lose 2 PP out of Sleep Talk even when asleep.

Another problem is Steel types and Flying types, as they resist Toxic Spikes. I have added Flamethrower and Ice Beam for that reason, but it is near impossible to use both if you want this set to fully function. That's why you should keep a good stall team handy; you must be able to defend against Scizor and Metagross as well as Dialga if you do not use Flamethrower, and be prepared for Rayquaza and Latias if you do not go with Ice Beam.

Last, Taunt users are a pain. If you use Taunt, of course, it will not be a problem; however, otherwise, you should switch into a attacker. Soon afterwards, you should switch into another Taunter that can outspeed the foe, or a Pokemon that absorbs status, to keep it safe. In other words, play conservatively! If you feel you can manage, still play it safe and build a good team around your core. This Mewtwo is but a pawn in your team, a pawn that will lead the King and Queen to victory. The King is the Pokemon you choose that will set up and wreak havoc throughout the enemy team. When you know that you are truly prepared for everything in Uber, what everything can throw at you, and you can strike back on your own, you can then call it a good stall team.

Caelum

qibz official stalker
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Mewtwo @ Leftovers
Nature: Timid
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 212 Spe/ 240 /HP,/58 SpA
-Substitute
-Recover
-Ice Beam/Flamethrower/Taunt (Based on your team)
-Ice Beam/Flamethrower/Protect (Protect is recommended)
--------------------

Mewtwo is not especially defensive with 106 base HP and 90 in both defenses, at least not in Ubers. It's only biggest asset is it's titanic 154 Special Attack and high speed. With a pokemon like this, you might think that it is well suited to attacking; however, that is the reason it is easily countered.
I wouldn't call Mewtwo easily countered :toast:

The set looks alright in theory (although I personally think Mewtwo has significantly better things to be doing with its time be it Calm Mind, Bulk Up, setting up Screens, or just attacking). However, you pretty much have to run Taunt. Otherwise you become set-fodder for just about everything and this forces them to use an Attack move to waste PP rather than wasting unnecessary PP while you Substitute like Stealth Rock.

Seems decently okay in theory, but I can't imagine this withstanding in ubers but as far as Pressure stalling this work just fine.

MewTwo can be EVd to be really bulky, he just need to put somewhere Light Screen or Reflect, making him a solid special/physical wall. That set is quite interesting, but Taunt is a must to prevent opponent from not only setup on you, but also from phazing you. T-Wave would be a solid option, but we only have 4 slots, so I guess it won't fit after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)