New and "creative" moveset/EV spread thread "Mark 2"

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what I consider to be the ultimate Bronzong set.

ForgeZong

Bronzong @ Iron Ball
Ability: Heatproof
EVs: 200 HP/104 Def/52 SAtk/152 SDef
Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Trick
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Hypnosis

This set is designed to hit some of the most crucial aspects to the current metagame, it takes down Heatran, Scizor, and Zapdos. Zapdos takes prediction and guts to pull off, although with Heatproof Bronzong can tank Heat Waves, on a full SpAtk Timid Zapdos with Life Orb, it doesnt 3HKO. After getting Zapdos weak to Earthquake, its more of a stall war than anything else. With Hypnosis, it can completely cripple it. Heatran gets taken down quickly and easily, with the right prediction. If it gets a Flash Fire boost, it can 2HKO with Fire Blast. If it switches in on a HP Fire, Bronzong can still either Hypnosis or Earthquake, Earthquake being the primary choice. Scizor is probably the best, Bronzong can quickly and easily get rid of him with HP Fire, no trouble.

Why not run Gyro Ball over HP Fire? That way you're not splitting your attacks (you can put those EVs in Atk) and Gyro Ball is boosted even more by the Iron Ball.

HP Fire seems pretty useless. I for one would never switch any Bronzong into a Scizor. That's basically inviting it to take away 50% of your health with a CB U-turn (and I'm pretty sure that a +2 Life Orb X-Scissor OHKOs).

edit: Or if anything, Explosion is of more use than Gyro Ball. At least you can get rid of Blissey that way..

For infernape... the set could work... both aerodactlyl and weavile can be used as pressure staller and Sceptile does subseeding well despite having paper defenses. Why is infernape so much different for doing toxic stall? It has enough speed to work with?

I would consider the 70% accuracy move fire spin for that spot and moving more ev points to special defense. Taunt could be another option for consideration.

Fire spin gives it pseudo mean look properties and means you can rack up more damage if they counted on switching to a cleric or switching to reset the toxic damage counter. It also tacks on another 1/16 damage at the end of the turn.

Having said all of that I would feel Starmie could run this set better as it as better speed, defenses, and defensive typing.

Toxic
Recover (Rest?)
Substitue
Surf/Brine (Rapid Spin?)

Taunt would be the only thing toxistalling infernape has over starmie.

For infernape... the set could work... both aerodactlyl and weavile can be used as pressure staller and Sceptile does subseeding well despite having paper defenses. Why is infernape so much different for doing toxic stall? It has enough speed to work with?
Since when can Weavile Toxic stall?

Aerodactyl is in the same boat as Crobat in terms of Substitute + Roost except with the benefit of Pressure - massive speed and an instant recovery move, not to mention many key resistances (although a weakness to Steel in a Scizor-dominated metagame hinders it somewhat).

Substitute + Leech Seed is hardly the same as Toxic stall; think before you post.

Infernape has a few things going for it to Toxic stall. First of all it has STAB Flamethrower, meaning you can put the hurt on all the Steel-types who are immune to Toxic, bar Heatran who you can't do anything to. Secondly, Infernape has instant recovery in Slack Off. This is something Pokemon like Heatran wish they had when using a similiar set. Additionally, Infernape has Blaze to utilize when its HP gets low, and Infernape has great speed. Unlike Moltres, you don't take 50% of your health when switching in, but your defenses are rather poor in return.

Toxic stall Infernape has the capability to finish off Pokemon such as Gyarados, and is able to completely murder Blissey. Ice Beam coming from Cressalia or Blissey fails to 2HKO your Substitute, which means you have plenty of time to spare. The EVs let you do just that, with 196 in Speed allowing you to outpace +natured base 100s. The rest were put in Special Attack.
I'm sorry to say the set is actually pretty hideous. :\

Moltres has superior defenses and typing in addition to Pressure, not to mention it can actually beat Heatran one-on-one. So what if you have Blaze? If your health drops to below 33% on a stalling set, shouldn't you be using Slack Off?

Why would you bother using Toxic against a Gyarados when only full health Gyarados (without Stealth Rock damage) has a chance of surviving Nasty Plot Grass Knot or ThunderPunch? Why would Blissey stay in against Infernape, fearing Close Combat? Sure, you have a chance at beating Cresselia without Rest or Psychic, but you still lose to Tentacruel and Starmie.

locopoke

Banned deucer.
Para-Trick Rotom-W

Rotom-W @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/252 Spd/6 Def
Timid nature (+ Spd, -Atk)
- Trick
- Thunder Wave
- Hydro Pump/Shadow Ball
- Discharge

This set is primarily designed to screw over all the common leads in todays current OU Metagame. Yes, this means Aerodactyl, Infernape, Hippowdon, and many others. The basic idea is to, like all Trick Leads, use Trick first and give the opposing Pokemon Choice Scarf (that is, depending on the Pokemon of course). Once that happens, they'll most likely switch out, which is where you would use Thunder Wave and Paralyze the incoming Pokemon. Right there, two of your opponents Pokemon are already crippled. That gives you a huge advantage in the rest of the game. I've used this set various times in the past, and 9 out of every 10 battles, it worked flawlessly. Of course, when it comes to which Rotom Appliance to use, it depends on personal preference. I chose Rotom-W for the sake of possibly hitting Infernape with Hydro Pump, but any Form is acceptable. Whatever fits your team better.

locopoke

Banned deucer.

I would consider the 70% accuracy move fire spin for that spot and moving more ev points to special defense. Taunt could be another option for consideration.

Fire spin gives it pseudo mean look properties and means you can rack up more damage if they counted on switching to a cleric or switching to reset the toxic damage counter. It also tacks on another 1/16 damage at the end of the turn.

Having said all of that I would feel Starmie could run this set better as it as better speed, defenses, and defensive typing.

Toxic
Recover (Rest?)
Substitue
Surf/Brine (Rapid Spin?)

Taunt would be the only thing toxistalling infernape has over starmie.

I can see Starmie running a ToxicStall set possibly, but I don't think your set would work very well. Brine? Since when is that used on a Starmie. If I were to make up a set for ToxicStall Starmie it might look something like this:

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP/240 Def/16 Spd
Bold nature (+ Def,-Atk)
- Toxic
- Recover
- Surf
- Thunderbolt/Ice Beam/Light Screen

Are you guys fucking shitting me? Why would you Toxi-stall with Starmie when you have Vaporeon? Why would you Toxi-stall with Infernape when you have Moltres and Heatran... Why would you Toxi-stall with Weavile when you have any pokemon that doesn't have paper defenses? Just why.... :-(?

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Toxic Stall Weavile is a joke. Pressure doesn't matter when you have the defensive capability of a caterpillar. And a weakness to a priority move or three. It is nowhere near a successful Pressure staller.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
The biggest problem with your set Bloo is that you can't block Rapid Spin, nor threaten Rapid Spinners.

Knock Off can also remove your Leftovers and go through Taunt. That in and of itself will not stop Deo-D, but with Sandstrorm raging you will have to Recover eventually.

Tentacruel in particular will have a field day, as it can absorb Toxic Spikes in the process.

So basically, you need to have a Ghost to switch to, as well as something to set up hazards still alive.

The other problem is that you're vulnerable that first turn.

I'm not too fond with PP Stall Set. With that amount of attacks being taken in, a critical hit or a random hax is bound to happen. You are much more successful with Spiritomb's Spite set. Which carves up to 6 PP. What I'm trying to say is that it is "too long" before hacks or critical hit happens, when you use Spiritomb's Spite set, it is much faster.

I'm not too fond with PP Stall Set. With that amount of attacks being taken in, a critical hit or a random hax is bound to happen. You are much more successful with Spiritomb's Spite set. Which carves up to 6 PP. What I'm trying to say is that it is "too long" before hacks or critical hit happens, when you use Spiritomb's Spite set, it is much faster.
For those reasons I'd scrap Agility or Cosmic Power for a more realible Sub, protects from crits, Deo-D is fast of it's own accord base 90, and Recovering behind subs is hella fun.

Are you guys fucking shitting me? Why would you Toxi-stall with Starmie when you have Vaporeon? Why would you Toxi-stall with Infernape when you have Moltres and Heatran... Why would you Toxi-stall with Weavile when you have any pokemon that doesn't have paper defenses? Just why.... :-(?
Well, Starmie I have no idea seeing as you can't hit Steels hard like your supposed to. Granted that's the only reason you are using Fire-types to utilize Toxic Stall.

I used Infernape because I was making a Hail team and Moltres made me extremely weak to Rock. Heatran couldn't recover and made me weak to Fighting. That's why I chose Infernape. It is really fast so you can actually Toxic Stall against threats Moltres couldn't, or you don't even need to force a switch. I have no doubt that Moltres is better in most cases, I question Flareon though seeing as it is super slow, and Moltres is UU now anyway.

Anyway, that was my thinking. I wasn't thinking it would outclass Moltres, I was just looking for something not weak to SR with STAB Fire attacks that could be used for stalling.

Nasty Plot Reciever

@ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
Modest Nature/Mild Nature
EV: 252 HP / 252 Sp. Atk / 6 Attack

-Vacuum Wave
-Bullet Punch
-Silver Wind
-HP [Electric] / HP [Ice]

Special Tech Set. Similar to Octillery receiver set, only difference is that it receives Nasty Plot. With Nasty Plot, it receives a special attack of 458 which is pretty respectable paired with 2 Priorities. Bullet Punch STAB still hits hard with 298 attack with frailer pokemon. Silver Wind with technician and STAB is also great, and that random +1 boost to every stat is just hilarious. HP [Electric] helps you against flying types that wall you and hits Gyarados switch ins hard. HP [Ice] is for dragon types mainly.

If I'm not mistaken, Vacuum Wave OHKO's naive Heatran with Life Orb?

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
The set is a pretty terrible one for obvious reasons. You should heed the advice I give most posters in this thread and instead of trying to make new sets, learn the Pokémon game through and through first. You obviously don't have a complete grasp of it.

Read this.

The problem with that Scizor set, is you would spend the same amount of time passing it a Swords Dance, then using Agility on your Scizor the next turn. Obviously you aren't planning on switching into a fire attack, since you wouldn't switch into one with your set either, so Heatran is easily KOed by a +2 Brick Break. The set really isn't viable at all, especially when a more viable way to rid the opposing team of their Scizor counter would be Natural Gift Charti Berry, which gives you a 60 base rock attack, thus boosting to 90 after Technican. This easily eliminates Zapdos and Gyarados after a SD, except you need speed, just like your set. You don't beat any counters and you now lose to Blissey with that set. What is the point?

The set is a pretty terrible one for obvious reasons. You should heed the advice I give most posters in this thread and instead of trying to make new sets, learn the Pokémon game through and through first. You obviously don't have a complete grasp of it.

Read this.
Your tie connected to your thong to tight? You made that just for people attempting to be creative in a "fun thread"? It's all for the fun, it looks good on paper in my opinion.

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This can be a fun thread, but that doesn't mean you can post terrible movesets like that. No matter how serious you are, things like Special Gyarados/Scizor/other physical attacker with a great movepool and terrible Special Attack stat will always be a gimmick, and goes against the purpose of this thread. What you're doing is no better than that guy that repeatedly tried to post "serious" movesets for NFEs that the evolved counterparts do equally well. Before you post a moveset, test it. If you can't be arsed to do it, you shouldn't be posting it.

This can be a fun thread, but that doesn't mean you can post terrible movesets like that. No matter how serious you are, things like Special Gyarados/Scizor/other physical attacker with a great movepool and terrible Special Attack stat will always be a gimmick, and goes against the purpose of this thread. What you're doing is no better than that guy that repeatedly tried to post "serious" movesets for NFEs that the evolved counterparts do equally well. Before you post a moveset, test it. If you can't be arsed to do it, you shouldn't be posting it.
What can I say? I tested it and it works. The surprise factor is great and it catches people off guard. It netted off 2 pokemon kills. I'm about to try it on my second match.

Indra

DACODBOSS
is a Past WCoP Champion
Nasty Plot Reciever

@ Life Orb
Modest Nature/Mild Nature
EV: 252 HP / 252 Sp. Atk / 6 Attack

-Vacuum Wave
-Bullet Punch
-Silver Wind
-HP [Electric] / HP [Ice]

Special Tech Set. Similar to Octillery receiver set, only difference is that it receives Nasty Plot. With Nasty Plot, it receives a special attack of 458 which is pretty respectable paired with 2 Priorities. Bullet Punch STAB still hits hard with 298 attack with frailer pokemon. Silver Wind with technician and STAB is also great, and that random +1 boost to every stat is just hilarious. HP [Electric] helps you against flying types that wall you and hits Gyarados switch ins hard. HP [Ice] is for dragon types mainly.

If I'm not mistaken, Vacuum Wave OHKO's naive Heatran with Life Orb?

Seems like a fun pokemon to use, but i rather use Gabite :naughty:.

Okay, I'm trying to be a serious rater here... why not just use Lucario? You don't have Technician but the huge increase in Special Attack will probably make up for it. Plus you are pretty fast.

EDIT: I used this set only a few times for a BP team, it was the receiver:

Lucario @ Expert Belt
Nature: Mild
EVs: 68 Atk / 252 SpA / 188 Spe
- Brick Break
- Bullet Punch
- Dragon Pulse
- Dark Pulse

It's meant to be passed a shitload of stuff, like a few Nasty Plots and Swords Dances, an Agility or 2. After 1 Agility you beat Timid ScarfGar. You get perfect coverage with the moves given. Bullet Punch > Vacuum Wave is for crazy fast stuff like ScarfAzelf.

I just thought I'd post that to show that it is a lot more effective than that scizor as a Baton Pass reciepent(spelling?).

Scizor @ Life Orb

Modest Nature/Mild NatureEV: 252 HP / 252 Sp. Atk / 6 Attack-Vacuum Wave

-Bullet Punch
-Silver Wind
-HP [Electric] / HP [Ice]​
You just made my day, ditch risy silver wind for Bug Buzz same BP change of lowing SPd, and it has higher PP. You should probably list HP Electric/Ice should be set to 60 to get a BP of 90 aswell, not like anyone would use this even worse than Nasty Plot Weavile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)