New and "creative" moveset/EV spread thread. Mk. 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

haunter

Banned deucer.
Major problems with Heracross/Machamp/etc as the burn will boost it's power to obscene levels, so be prepared. The other major problems stems from the lack of leftovers. Specifically, Sandstorm and Hail now hurt.
Machamp usually runs No Guard, so that should not be a massive problem. Heracross is a problem anyway, if you run toxic as your status move it will still have a free guts boost.
The set seems fine, Fling could also help getting rid of random choice scarves\ specs tricked onto Blissey, though, if I recall correctly fling is not programmed yet on shoddy.

You might want to check your 'Mence calcs again. Your max damage is without burn.

405 Atk vs 130 Def & 652 HP (120 Base Power) (burned): 262 - 309 (40.18% - 47.39%)
You are correct sir and I have since abandoned that damage calculator for a superior version.

Galceon

Glaceon

RainCoat
ice beam
mirror coat
roar/wish
rain dance
Item:damp rock/focus sash
Ability: snow cloak
Nature:timid/Calm
Evs: (HP) 170/(Atk) 0/(def) 252/(SpA) 30/(SpD) 50/(Spe) 6

this set is basically for setting up a rain dance, switching out pokes that have stat boosters ( sword dance) and mirror coating pesky special attack sweepers , focus sash to not get 1 hit KO OHed and just about a sure counter OH KO with mirror coat , then ice beam for stab on the often seen aerodactyl leads which should do about 224 -264 to a jolly aerodactyle without SpD evs . and last but not least wish for supposrt and/or heal hits taken after mirror coat. Note: watch out for nasty stealth rocks !

This is bascially set for UU battling but can be used in OU to .

Last Note: this is my first time posting one of these o.o

A problem with that is that Glaceon doesn't even use rain to it's advantage, other than weakening fire.

I'd rather use Milotic due to more bulk, having Double STAB on Surf due to STAB + Rain, it can use Mirror Coat/Rain Dance, and instead of Roar/Wish you possibly could use Toxic to phaze to some extent, or Recover to restore HP; you can't pass it, but without Protect, it's a bit hard to always use it well. But in NU, it may work...but you were talking about it in OU, and not even in NU.

Not sure whether this qualifies as creative or new, but what the hey. I've been using it with decent success. I'm fairly new to all this, so please don't rip into me if it's a common set. ^_^

Sleepsweep

Roserade @ Life Orb / Leftovers
Hasty Nature (- Def, + Speed)
EVs: 4 HP, 252 SPA, 252 Speed
Sleep Powder
Energy Ball
Sludge Bomb
Shadow ball / Hidden Power Fire

This set is designed to take advantage of Roserade's mammoth Special Attack Stat and decent speed, providing good coverage and status support. Sleep Powder allows you to sleep an incoming counter and either whittle it's health down or switch to your own counter. Energy Ball does massive amounts of Damage to any Rock/Ground/Water type that doesn't resist it; even Tyranitar is not safe from a 2HKO in sandstorm. Sludge Bomb does huge Damage to Celebi and Shaymin, while Shadow Ball allows it to come in on Gengar's Thunderbolts directed at pokemon weak to it and threaten an OHKO. This set is walled by Steel types, but again Sleep Powder allows you to incapacitate them as they switch in, then sound the retreat. If Steel types concern you, HP Fire is a viable option over Shadow Ball, but note that Heatran will still wall you. If you do run Shadow Ball, this is best paired with a Magnezone to trap and kill Steel types that seek to wall you.

EVs are fairly simple. Max speed and hasty allows Roserade to outrun all max speed neutral natured base 100s that are not carrying a choice scarf, and at worse force a speed tie with other max speed positive natured base 90s, like Porygon-Z. Max special attack gives Roserade a special attack of 349 even on a neutral nature, with the remaining 4 put into HP for good measure.

The choice of held item is entirely down to how you want it to play; if you feel that you need more power at the expense of durability, Life Orb is the way to go, allowing Roserade's dangerous STAB attacks to do serious amounts of damage to anything that doesn't resist it. If you feel that more Durability is needed, use leftovers, as 80 and 90 BP STAB attacks coming off a base 125 special attack are still nothing to be scoffed at.

Damage Calcs
All calcs are assuming Life Orb.
Energy Ball Vs Max HP / SDef Hippowdon : 77.86% - 91.43% - Easy 2HKO with Leftovers factored in
Energy Ball Vs Max HP / 128 SDef Tyranitar : 73.51% - 86.39% - Easy 2HKO, even in sandstorm
Sludge Bomb Vs Max HP / SDef Celebi : 74.01% - 87.13% - Easy 2HKO with leftovers factored in
Shadow Ball Vs 0 HP / SDef Gengar : 108.43% - 127.59% - Easy OHKO
HP Fire Vs Max HP / 0 SDEF Jirachi : 48.76% - 57.18% - Possible 2HKO with SR down and Leftovers factored in (Around 80% chance I believe)

Pretty standard affair, but quite effective. Opinions?

haunter

Banned deucer.
It's not very creative, indeed. More or less that's the specs set with life orb instead of choice specs. Also note that hasty is useless on something which only uses special attacks, timid is the best nature if you want a +speed nature.

Kingdra @Persim Berry
Swift Swim/Sniper
-Dragon Dance
-Outrage
-Waterfall
-Natural Gift
Adamant
252attack 252speed 6hp

The main idea here is to beat Empoleon. Natural Gift becomes the Ground type with Persim Berry, and will do 67-68% on average (with +1atk) to both the Agility Empoleon sets. Waterfall does 33-34% on average (with +1atk).

Natural Gift+Stealth Rock=73-74%

73%+Waterfall=106%.

Without Stealth Rock, Natural Gift still has the potential to do up to 72-73% on it's own meaning Waterfall won't be a risk. If Natural Gift did its absolute worst, then Outrage will still finish Empoleon off either way.

Edit: And if Empoleon or another good counter doesn't show up then Persim Berry will still lengthen Outrage making for a possible 6 man sweep.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
How exactly did you test that set, since last I checked Natural Gift wasn't implemented on Shoddy.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
w exactly did you test that set, since last I checked Natural Gift wasn't implemented on Shoddy.
WiFi I assume!

Natural Gift becomes the Ground type with Persim Berry, and will do 67-68% on average
Persim produces a Ground attack of 60 BP whereas Apicot (the SpD pinch berry) produces a 80 BP attack. Persim has the obvious advantage of snapping you out of Outrage confusion though. By the way, why Ground? Wouldn't you rather use Electric to take down random Bulky Waters in a pinch?

Like you said, Persim has the advantage of snapping outrage out of confusion. If it was Electric, it would have to be Wacan, Pecha, Belue, or Wepear. The latter two has no real side benefits. Kingdra is not weak to Electric, so Wacan is useless too, and Pecha's not nearly as useful as Persim. So Persim is good mainly because it is useful even without having to use Natural Gift.

EDIT: Ooooooooh, BUT... Liechi is 80 Power Grass Natural Gift... and it does benefit a physical Kingdra, so maybe that can potentially be useful??!! Though it doesn't hit Empoleon for SE though, of course.

Magnezone sweeper

Magnezone @ Salac Berry
Modest
24 HP/ 232 speed/ 252 special attack
Substitute
Charge Beam
Thunderbolt
Hidden power grass

Similar to the magnet rise/LO variant, but a much more threatening sweeper.

The theory behind this guy is that he can easily set up on choiced steels stuck on a steel move, mainly Iron head Jirachi and BP scizor (which are both very common) Sub up which will give you plenty of time to charge beam up your special attack while hidding behind a sub. Once you've beaten the steel with +2/3 boosts, sub down to your salac berry. Without LO, immunity to sandstorm, and a resist to the common prioity moves (Ice shard and BP) and a sub up to protect from revenge killing, This fast and powerful zone will be very difficult to take down. The 2 sweeping moves are up for change to max out coverage assuming 1 or 2 boosts as well as some EV tweaking.

The main problem is being able to set up. Besides the two ways mentioned, only a phase-less skarmory or choiced thunderpunch or maybe meteor mash from metagross.

Like you said, Persim has the advantage of snapping outrage out of confusion. If it was Electric, it would have to be Wacan, Pecha, Belue, or Wepear. The latter two has no real side benefits. Kingdra is not weak to Electric, so Wacan is useless too, and Pecha's not nearly as useful as Persim. So Persim is good mainly because it is useful even without having to use Natural Gift.

EDIT: Ooooooooh, BUT... Liechi is 80 Power Grass Natural Gift... and it does benefit a physical Kingdra, so maybe that can potentially be useful??!! Though it doesn't hit Empoleon for SE though, of course.
What about Salac Berry? Provides a 1-time base power 80 Fighting move, which will hit Empoleon SE, and can raise speed in a pinch, which can occasionally be useful.

haunter

Banned deucer.
@Immortal Bushi: with modest and only 84 speed EVs you only reach 177 speed before the salac boost and 265 after.
You should use timid and at least 232 speed EVs to reach a respectable 352 speed after the salac boost, to outspeed positive natured base 110 speed like Gengar, otherwise you'll still be easy to revenge kill after the sub is broken.

What about Salac Berry? Provides a 1-time base power 80 Fighting move, which will hit Empoleon SE, and can raise speed in a pinch, which can occasionally be useful.
The problem with this is that the Salac Berry may activate, in which case Empoleon will still wall you. Persim berry seems like a good choice and is very useful on that set. I think that set is great and one of the better ones seen recently.

I used to use a subsalac explosion zone to sweep random stuff and lure blissey (on a old old prototype of my allspecial team), and while it works ok, i dont think it honestly warrants a team slot. sub charge beam with salac might be interesting but definitely run timid.

Altair

just who is the coon?
This has actually been winning me few battles over the past few days:

"Cro-Uxie"
Uxie@Leftovers
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold
-Calm mind
-Rest
-Sleep Talk
-Psychic / Thunderbolt

Although Uxie is commonly seen as an supporter, it can be a very potent Calm Minder due to its high defenses. The set is rather easy to use; just come in on a weak Attacker or wall and start Calm minding up. Rest when you are low on health, and Sleep Talk allows you (semi-reliably) to attack while sleeping. The last slot is up in the air. Psychic is a nice STAB move that hits most Pokemon for neutral damage, but if you do not want Spiritomb setting up on you, T-bolt is a nice secondary option.

The best part about about using this Uxie is the fact that there are only a few Pokemon, namely Dark-types, that can actually stop its setup. After one or two Calm Minds, it is near unstoppable and is a great choice for any team.

How is this not an inferior Crotomb? It certainly is unexpected, but that's really it, and Spiritomb has no weaknesses, especially not a weakness to Honchkrow and Drapion, and it can stop Swellow from using its horrific Facade.

Uxie makes a great lead, but a not-so-great sweeper. A STAB Dark move doesn't have great coverage, but it is better than a STAB Psychic move. Electric is better, but then you've given up STAB, which is unfortunately fairly necessary when dealing with low base power.

Still, if you can get a calculation that guarantees a 2HKO on a 6/252 Calm Chansey after 6 Calm Minds and SR, I'll believe it, although I don't think it can offhand. Don't mean to rain on your parade, but it's important to play devil's advocate when discussing new sets, especially with today's level of metagame development.

Altair

just who is the coon?
Honestly, those extra 22 defense points and make all the difference and make up for Uxie having weaknesses. It is so much easier to set up on hard-hitters like Blaziken and Shaymin who steamroll Spiritomb even if it has a few Calm Minds.

Also, STAB Psychic is pretty good except for the Dark-types being immune to it. You're (hopefully) hitting everything at +6 anyway, so the lack of coverage doesn't really matter.

And Swellow's Facade doesn't even 2HKO Uxie.

Honestly, those extra 22 defense points and make all the difference and make up for Uxie having weaknesses. It is so much easier to set up on hard-hitters like Blaziken and Shaymin who steamroll Spiritomb even if it has a few Calm Minds.
I'm ambivalent on this. Spiritomb doesn't have great defenses, and it's HP is shit, but typing goes a long way. Regirock is the best physical wall in the game but it's typing is why it's not fit for OU competition. And in UU, a normal resist/immunity counts for a lot, at least far more than in OU.

When Shaymin gets the SDef drops with Seed Flare, it will go through Uxie as well. Depend upon it, Seed Flare is one of the best moves in the game, though not as good as it is in the hands of Skymin.

Furthermore, Spiritomb has a higher base special attack as well. But regardless, both fail to 2HKO Chansey with 6 Calm Minds, maxing out around 38%, unless we invest something in Special Attack. Ironic, isn't it?

Also, STAB Psychic is pretty good except for the Dark-types being immune to it. You're (hopefully) hitting everything at +6 anyway, so the lack of coverage doesn't really matter.
It does have fairly extensive coverage, but the immunity might bite when one of the most frightening sweepers, Honchkrow, can stat-up alongside it or just attack from the physical side.

Well, you've got me convinced that this set is pretty good.

I think you should forget sleep talk and use a Chesto berry to wake her up, and maybe use both psychic and thunderbolt because the game moves too fast. The physical defense and 2-4 boosts should get a decent sweep going. Only a fool would allow 5-6 boosts anyway.

Miltank @ Life Orb
Ability: Scrappy
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 Atk / 40 SpD / 216 Spe
- Return
- Earthquake
- Milk Drink
- Ice Punch / Fire Punch

Meet offensive Miltank! Although usually regarded as a defensive Pokemon, Miltank possesses great Speed, Scrappy, as well as STAB Return are in its favor as far as attacking goes. The idea is to attack as much as you can, and Milk Drink when Life Orb brings down your health. Ice Punch is mostly filler since Return hits slightly harder than a super effective Ice Punch, so its there to 2HKO Torterra and KO Altaria in one swing. If you want to try this in OU, Fire Punch is better to hit Skarmory and Bronzong, albeit, not for much damage. You can also OHKO Scizor and 2HKO Forretress.

Now Miltank doesn't have very much attack. On the surface, it may seem to get walled by Regirock and Steelix. That is not always the case. For, Earthquake will 3HKO or 4HKO depending on the EV spread, while they usually lack a way to recover off the damage. Their attacks will simply bounce right off Miltank, while you can recover off the damage with Milk Drink.

Miltank @ Life Orb
Ability: Scrappy
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 Atk / 40 SpD / 216 Spe
- Return
- Earthquake
- Milk Drink
- Ice Punch / Fire Punch

Meet offensive Miltank! Although usually regarded as a defensive Pokemon, Miltank possesses great Speed, Scrappy, as well as STAB Return are in its favor as far as attacking goes. The idea is to attack as much as you can, and Milk Drink when Life Orb brings down your health. Ice Punch is mostly filler since Return hits slightly harder than a super effective Ice Punch, so its there to 2HKO Torterra and KO Altaria in one swing. If you want to try this in OU, Fire Punch is better to hit Skarmory and Bronzong, albeit, not for much damage. You can also OHKO Scizor and 2HKO Forretress.

Now Miltank doesn't have very much attack. On the surface, it may seem to get walled by Regirock and Steelix. That is not always the case. For, Earthquake will 3HKO or 4HKO depending on the EV spread, while they usually lack a way to recover off the damage. Their attacks will simply bounce right off Miltank, while you can recover off the damage with Milk Drink.
It looks like a fun set to use and, its the only physical sweeper I can find that has a recovery move 0_0. I think that this would work great in UU the only problem is the lackluster atk makes it less of a threat as other sweepers like feraligator, azumarill, or hitmonlee and friends so why should i use this over them? Just because miltank can stay out long doesnt mean it can make more damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)