New and "creative" moveset/EV spread thread. Mk. 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just tested Drifblim on Wi-Fi, and Unburden does not activate when using Trick, so that set is only usable on Shoddy Battle, until Shoddy 2 comes out where it will probably be fixed.
That'd explain a lot then, I don't have/use Wi-Fi, and Shoddy is what I tested it on.

Legacy Raider

sharpening his claws, slowly
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
UU Lead.

Glalie (M) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 HP/156 Atk/100 Def
Brave nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Explosion
- Ice Beam
- Ice Shard
- Spikes
---

An odd lead, yes, but it is the most effective I have used. It almost always puts me up 6-5, or at least 3 layers of spikes (excluding against fire types). Ice beam + Shard is unexpected from the number of Lead Yanmega it KO'es within 3 shots (Including protect). Inner focus worked well at the start of this teams life, KOing Ambipom with a max damage taken of 99.73% (No longer valid with the power of Low Kick). It can also dispense of Roserade, with Beam + Shard KOing. Uxie would either waste a turn on T-Wave, or give me a Scarf. Fire types as said before give Glalie a problem, but this can be remedied with a partner

In addition to this, I have explosion, which nets a KO at virtually every pokemon. With it, I am able to KO CHANSEY 100% of the time, if it runs Max/Max+.

I'm still using this as a lead, alongside Houndoom for Flash Fire.
Any Critique?
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2152280&postcount=843

Lead Farfetch'd

@ Lum Berry
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 HP/156 Def/100 Spd
Impish nature
- Knock Off
- Agility
- Baton Pass
- Mirror Move
---

Believe it or not Farfetch'd makes for a pretty decent lead in UU. He has the right moves and the right ability to pull it off.

Top Leads:

Ambipom: Inner Focus negates Flinching and allows Farfy to speed past Ambi~ with Agility. Afterwhich, Farfy can make a relatively safe Baton Pass.

LO 252 Fake Out vs 252/156+ Farfy: 48% Max
LO 252 Double Hit vs 252/156+ Farfy: 82% Max

Roserade: Unfortunately is OU now but Agility first turn and f they attempted to Sleep Powder you... Mirror Move them and follow-up with Baton Pass/ Knock Off.

252 Sludge Bomb vs 252/0 Farfy: 81% Max

Uxie/ Mespirit/ Lopunny: Open with Mirror Move and play smart from there.

Knock Off: Good for exected switches and a last ditch move with Farfy
Agility: Doubles Speed stat
Baton Pass: Passes stat boost
Mirror Move: Allows Farfy to do things not normally able such as... setuping up StealthRock, Substitute, and so on.

Not exactly omfg creative! But it works much better than most of his analysis sets.

The only problem is that without moves like Taunt or Encore, it is total set-up fodder. And without any real attacking moves, not only does it give an opportunity for things like Honchkrow and Blaziken to come in, it also default loses to any leads with Taunt. I suppose that it has surprise on its side (no one would expect Mirror Move or Inner Focus), but the problem is that UU lacks Pokemon that are dangerous right away at +2 Speed. Chances are that they will either carry a counter to that Pokemon that will force them to switch and make everything for naught, or they will sacrifice something and use their ridiculously strong priority like Azumarill, Honchkrow, or Ambipom and force you out anyways. Agility Passers are only effective later in the game once the team has been sufficiently scouted and you are presented with a clear opportunity.

At best I could it being annoying with Knock Off. For a short while.

That is one sweet farfy!!! Im loving it! The only real problem i see is you get maybe one agility pass early on, but from then on out i dont see you coming in again. Maybe you go to about fifty percent before the pass, then if you switch in again with sr you go to around 25% and anything that cant do 25% to freakin farfetchd is pretty retarded.

I've been looking at Walrein as a possible UU lead. This is not really something thats useful in the game of field hazards and its not really intended to give you an instant 6-5 either. I wanted a lead that could come back during mid-end game and with some t-wave support do some sweeping but still wreak some sort of havoc as a lead.

Walrein @ leftovers Thick Fat, Bold
252 HP 106 Sp Atk 150 Sp Def
-Protect
-Super Fang
-Surf/Brine
-Yawn

The Super Fang Brine combination seems obvious but actually with leftovers it becomes less reliable than you think so Surf is up there as an option. You can Yawn and then super fang on the switch crippling a potential water counter.

They most likely will still potentially get rocks/spikes up but few things want a surf and fewer things want a brine at half health. Protect is good if you know they don't have rocks/spikes and you think they may taunt but you're not sure. Also its useful late game if you need some health or want to do some moveset scouting.

Someone posted a Boah Lucario kind of set, and I'm trying it on my Infernape.

Though I can't decide its fourth move.
Sub
Focus Punch
Fire Blast
Grass Knot / HP ice 70

What do you guys say? Which one would help with coverage, because as of now, Dragons wall him ):

Someone posted a Boah Lucario kind of set, and I'm trying it on my Infernape.

Though I can't decide its fourth move.
Sub
Focus Punch
Fire Blast
Grass Knot / HP ice 70

What do you guys say? Which one would help with coverage, because as of now, Dragons wall him ):
The problem I see with this set is that it doesn't beat most of Infernape's usual counters. Yes, speed is less necessary with sub, allowing you to put more into attack, and Focus punch is 25% more powerful than Close Combat, but I really don't think it helps him pick up that many KOs he missed out on before. Stuff like Vaporeon, Tentacruel, Starmie, and Latias still walk all over him. And you can't take just one move in the last slot to cover all of these.

@Toxic Orb
Timid nature
252 hp / 80 SpA / 176 Speed
~Psychic / Flash Cannon
~Thunderbolt
~Calm Mind
~Trick

This set abuses Jirachi's unpredictability to the fullest extent. The idea of this set is that it can switch in and out pretty easily to feign a bizarre Choice set, and it can start Calm Minding at any point. Once your opponent sees Calm Mind, you can bet that Blissey will be switching in in a second. Most will expect a Substitute and won't even try to Thunder wave Jirachi. By slapping Blissey with a Toxic Orb, you fully incapacitate it for the remainder of the battle. Psychic + Thunderbolt, which I've been using, also tends to lure in Celebi, another excellent Toxic Orb victim.

The amount of Pokemon that hate a Toxic Orb is almost absurd, but the primary Pokemon to aim for are Natural Cure pokemon, Rest/Talk users, and sweepers that take a long time to set up, like Sub/Charge beam Rotom-a. While the general goal is to take out a Blissey, your opponent will often end up not having one, so it's good to know that this Jirachi will not go to waste.

If you get lucky, and you've Tricked a Blissey or Celebi that hasn't got Thunder wave or Flamethrower/HP-Fire, this Jirachi can often make breakaway sweeps right out of the middlegame. Jirachi's counter can't stay in for long when it's accumulating Toxic damage and without Leftovers, and Jirachi has no trouble KOing the majority of OU Pokemon after a couple of boosts.

I assume Flash Cannon can be used over Psychic, though I haven't tested it.

The EVs are more or less stolen from the standard Sub Calm Mind Jirachi. Frankly, it's highly efficient; the Speed is the minimum for a sweeper Jirachi, and the HP is maxed simply for durability. After one Calm Mind, Jirachi can comfortably take a ScarfTran Fire Blast. Special Attack EVs are nice, but mostly just filler and not really necessary; I've used this same set with those EVs in Defense with success as well.

An interesting twist on this set is to use a mixed Jirachi with a Naive nature and a moveset like Iron Head / Fire Punch / Thunderbolt / Trick. Iron Head is for typical Jirachi dickery and Fire Punch keeps those pesky toxic-immune Steels away. With that set, one would intend specifically to feign a Choice Scarf and lure in different threats. While less bulky and less powerful, it fares considerably better against Tyranitar and Scizor.

Obviously, this set functions best in the best environment. As it tends to clear out special walls, it functions extremely well alongside special sweepers. I'm using a ScarfTran, a Calm Mind Latias, and a SubPetaya Empoleon alongside this Jirachi, and it's very rare that I won't be able to clean up with one of them.

Admittedly, I originally got this idea for the CAP metagame, in which Toxic Spikes aren't really viable, and I had Stratagem to make a great partner to this Jirachi. However, I found it made the transition to Standard extremely well, and my win ratio with this Jirachi has been around 90 % on the SU ladder (quite a feat for me; I normally suck at playing offense). Where Toxic Spikes takes two turns to set up, requires you to use sometimes awkward Pokemon like Roserade or Tentacruel, and is highly vulnerable to Rapid Spin (and occasionally Aromatherapy), this Jirachi is simply a one-time lure that can put an end to a Pokemon that gets in your way.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I saw this Gengar lead getting used on some WiFi battles, and no mention of it at all in the analysis (It was used by TheKillerNacho, quite a prolific battler on YouTube). Reiterate: I DIDN'T THINK OF THIS SET, I just saw something interesting and decided to share it

Gengar @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spe/252 SpA/4 Def (Most likely this spread)
Nature: Timid
-Counter
-Destiny Bond
-Shadow Ball
-Focus Blast

Probably more of an anti-lead than anything, with Counter, you can net a kill against a powerful physical lead like Metagross, Bronzong, Swampert whatever, and if you come up against a frail lead (Not Azelf), you can generally outspeed and KO them before they do much. After you're down to 1HP or something like that, you can unleash your second surprise in Destiny Bond to hopefully kill something else.

I saw this Gengar lead getting used on some WiFi battles, and no mention of it at all in the analysis (It was used by TheKillerNacho, quite a prolific battler on YouTube). Reiterate: I DIDN'T THINK OF THIS SET, I just saw something interesting and decided to share it

Gengar @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spe/252 SpA/4 Def (Most likely this spread)
Nature: Timid
-Counter
-Destiny Bond
-Shadow Ball
-Focus Blast

Probably more of an anti-lead than anything, with Counter, you can net a kill against a powerful physical lead like Metagross, Bronzong, Swampert whatever, and if you come up against a frail lead (Not Azelf), you can generally outspeed and KO them before they do much. After you're down to 1HP or something like that, you can unleash your second surprise in Destiny Bond to hopefully kill something else.
To be honest this isn't new or creative anymore, it has been used as an a counter/sash lead. Someone using it on youtube doesn't make it new or creative.

Umbreon Dan; said:

@Toxic Orb
Timid nature
252 hp / 80 SpA / 176 Speed
~Psychic / Flash Cannon
~Thunderbolt
~Calm Mind
~Trick

This set abuses Jirachi's unpredictability to the fullest extent. The idea of this set is that it can switch in and out pretty easily to feign a bizarre Choice set, and it can start Calm Minding at any point. Once your opponent sees Calm Mind, you can bet that Blissey will be switching in in a second. Most will expect a Substitute and won't even try to Thunder wave Jirachi. By slapping Blissey with a Toxic Orb, you fully incapacitate it for the remainder of the battle. Psychic + Thunderbolt, which I've been using, also tends to lure in Celebi, another excellent Toxic Orb victim.

The amount of Pokemon that hate a Toxic Orb is almost absurd, but the primary Pokemon to aim for are Natural Cure pokemon, Rest/Talk users, and sweepers that take a long time to set up, like Sub/Charge beam Rotom-a. While the general goal is to take out a Blissey, your opponent will often end up not having one, so it's good to know that this Jirachi will not go to waste.

If you get lucky, and you've Tricked a Blissey or Celebi that hasn't got Thunder wave or Flamethrower/HP-Fire, this Jirachi can often make breakaway sweeps right out of the middlegame. Jirachi's counter can't stay in for long when it's accumulating Toxic damage and without Leftovers, and Jirachi has no trouble KOing the majority of OU Pokemon after a couple of boosts.

I assume Flash Cannon can be used over Psychic, though I haven't tested it.

The EVs are more or less stolen from the standard Sub Calm Mind Jirachi. Frankly, it's highly efficient; the Speed is the minimum for a sweeper Jirachi, and the HP is maxed simply for durability. After one Calm Mind, Jirachi can comfortably take a ScarfTran Fire Blast. Special Attack EVs are nice, but mostly just filler and not really necessary; I've used this same set with those EVs in Defense with success as well.

An interesting twist on this set is to use a mixed Jirachi with a Naive nature and a moveset like Iron Head / Fire Punch / Thunderbolt / Trick. Iron Head is for typical Jirachi dickery and Fire Punch keeps those pesky toxic-immune Steels away. With that set, one would intend specifically to feign a Choice Scarf and lure in different threats. While less bulky and less powerful, it fares considerably better against Tyranitar and Scizor.

Obviously, this set functions best in the best environment. As it tends to clear out special walls, it functions extremely well alongside special sweepers. I'm using a ScarfTran, a Calm Mind Latias, and a SubPetaya Empoleon alongside this Jirachi, and it's very rare that I won't be able to clean up with one of them.

Admittedly, I originally got this idea for the CAP metagame, in which Toxic Spikes aren't really viable, and I had Stratagem to make a great partner to this Jirachi. However, I found it made the transition to Standard extremely well, and my win ratio with this Jirachi has been around 90 % on the SU ladder (quite a feat for me; I normally suck at playing offense). Where Toxic Spikes takes two turns to set up, requires you to use sometimes awkward Pokemon like Roserade or Tentacruel, and is highly vulnerable to Rapid Spin (and occasionally Aromatherapy), this Jirachi is simply a one-time lure that can put an end to a Pokemon that gets in your way.
This set is really interesting, admittedly threats like Blissey and Celebi wouldn't like to stay in at all, and would certainly give you the upper hand in the surprise department. There really isn't much this Rachi would have to fear, just be careful of Tyranitar. Nice work.

The Jirachi looks great! Even if you decide to run Flash Cannon for Tyranitar, Swampert can't come in or it will be horribly surprised with a Toxic Orb. I'll have to try it sometime.

Wait, what stops the opponent from seeing that you have Toxic Orb the move you switch it in? They would see the poison, wouldn't they?

Someone explain please, I'm confused. :S

Edit: Wait, I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that Toxic Orb doesn't affect Steels.

Since my old UU team that got me high on the ladder was seriously countered by Donphan coming down, and now that Yanmega and Roserade have been removed, I decided to get back into UU. I started by trying to find a strong Rest Talk + set up sweeper, that could set up and sweep; hence how I came up with Swords Dance + Rest Feraligatr:

Feraligatr @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 60 Def / 84 Spd / 112 SDef
Careful nature
- Waterfall
- Swords Dance
- Sleep Talk
- Rest

RAWR! This is really simple. Using Feraligatr's decent bulk, he can quite easily set up a sweep. However, he is often shut down with status, or is punished by his lack of recovery move. This attempts to sort out those problems. Swords Dance is a powerful stat up move, doubling his Attack in a single turn. It can then proceed by attacking, or cycling between Swords Dance, Rest and Sleep Talk until he has managed his 3 boosts, which then he can use to sweep.

The EVs look a bit complex, but they provide the best overall defences. The HP is maximised to give him the most bulk possible, while outrunning slower Blaziken and Milotic. The rest is used to balance his defences, along with the Careful Nature.

This has pretty big problems bulky Waters carrying super effective Hidden Powers, bulky Grasses and Altaria. It also dislikes Taunt, but it can possibly work around that. Bulky Grass-types such as Venusaur can switch in on bulky Waters, other Grasses and sponge Electric attacks aimed at Feraligatr, as long as he avoids predicted Ice Beams and Hidden Power Fires. Steelix and Registeel can both take on Altaria with ease, and can hurt Altaria with super effective attacks. Both resist one of Feraligatr's weaknesses, while Feraligatr can come in on predicted Fire-moves.
---
Before you ask, I tried Dragon Dance, but unlike Gyarados Feraligatr doesn't have much in the way of resistances nor defences, and so struggles to set up that quickly. However, he has Swords Dance, which sets up alot quicker and can really hit alot hard in 1 or 2 turns. The small amount of speed is often enough, especially combined with his invested bulk.

The one problem I'm having is the EVs. I haven't figured out what they need to do. I've come up with about 2 spreads so far, each with a different amount of success. The first is the one here, which is 252 HP / 60 Def / 84 Spd / 112 SDef Careful, which outruns the slowest Mixed Blaziken while also balancing the defences - they also mean that Milotic and Slowbro's HP Electric is a 4HKO and is set up fodder for this set. The second is 252 HP/184 Def/72 Spd Impish, which outruns Rock Polish Torterra before the Rock Polish, and maximizes Defence, which helps switch in on Donphan's Earthquakes. The problems I'm having with both is that I always wish I had the other spread, and it'd be nice to just have a second opinion on it.
---
Now I wanted something which could switch into Feraligatr's counters, i.e. Electrics, Waters and Grasses. With Roserade now OU, Venusaur is now the bulky Grass of choice. So I've been using Life Orb Venusaur, and its been working well to force switches and hit hard. Ok its slower, but its got better bulk than Roserade ever had. Its also performing well as a powerful offensive threat:

Venusaur @ Life Orb
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 Spd/252 SAtk/6 SDef
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Sleep Powder
- Leaf Storm
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Ground]

The idea is pretty simple - to cripple as much of the opposing team as possible. With 284 Speed, Venusaur can outrun quite alot, and pretty much anything of a Stall team. Sleep Powder is the move to be used first, gaining free turns and preventing the enemy from doing much. Leaf Storm is for powerful STAB, and is the best way to dispose of Ground- and Water-types. Sludge Bomb is the move that'll be used most of all - it 2HKOs standard Moltres without Stealth Rock, which will look to switch into the other 2 moves. Hidden Power Ground is for Steels and Fire types which love you throwing around your STAB moves - beware though, as it only 3HKOs Registeel and Steelix at best.

I've been using this on my SD-Rest Gatr team as a switch in to bulky Waters, and its worked quite well, as it has alot more offensive muscle once its taken those out. Its great at forcing switches :). Its something so simple, and with Roserade outn of the fray, Venusaur can perform the same job, if a bit bulkier and alot more unexpected.

Any suggestions and comments are welcome :)

Hazard Entry Bliss

<<H.E Blissey>>

A Blissey to force many switches...great for hazard entry teams

Blissey w/Lefties (calm nature)
EVs - 252 Def / 116 Sp.Att / 140 Sp.Def

-Thunderwave
-Charm
-Softboiled
-Flamethrower

1. Charm any pokemon with Guts ability, or pokemon like Electivire with Motor Drive, or ground types when they try to switch in

2. Thunderwave pokemon like Metagross with Clear Body ability, or any other type of sweeper without Guts, or non-ground types

Venusaur @ Life Orb
- Sleep Powder
- Leaf Storm
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Ground]

The idea is pretty simple - to cripple as much of the opposing team as possible. With 284 Speed, Venusaur can outrun quite alot, and pretty much anything of a Stall team. Sleep Powder is the move to be used first, gaining free turns and preventing the enemy from doing much. Leaf Storm is for powerful STAB, and is the best way to dispose of Ground- and Water-types. Sludge Bomb is the move that'll be used most of all - it 2HKOs standard Moltres without Stealth Rock, which will look to switch into the other 2 moves. Hidden Power Ground is for Steels and Fire types which love you throwing around your STAB moves - beware though, as it only 3HKOs Registeel and Steelix at best.

I've been using this on my SD-Rest Gatr team as a switch in to bulky Waters, and its worked quite well, as it has alot more offensive muscle once its taken those out. Its great at forcing switches :). Its something so simple, and with Roserade outn of the fray, Venusaur can perform the same job, if a bit bulkier and alot more unexpected.

HP Ground will not do enough damage where you need it, instead why dony you use anotehr status move like Toxic or Stun Spore, kinda like a double powder set to mess up many of the counters.

Unfortunatelyly Steelex and Registell will still wall you.

Spiritomb (M) @ Lagging Tail
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 116 HP / 64 Atk / 140 Def / 188 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Curse
- Pain Split
- Sucker Punch
- Trick

Gimmicky, but fun

haunter

Banned deucer.

Venusaur @ Life Orb
- Sleep Powder
- Leaf Storm
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Ground]

The set seems fine, though I'd probably use synthesis over hidden power ground. Leaf storm out-damages hp ground against Steelix and does an average damage of 71.47% to a positive nature 252 HP\252 SpD Steelix, meaning that it's a sure 2hko even after the SpA drop. I'd rather prefer being walled by Registeel (which walls you anyway as hp ground can, at best, 4hko it) than sacrificing Venusaur after a few hits (Venusaur is extremely bulky and with sleep powder has plenty of oppurtunities to recover the damage taken). This set is a wanna be Roserade, with less Spe and SpA and higher defences, and it's absolutely viable as a bulky grass type now that Rose has gone to OU.

how about these:

Cresselia
nature: bold
item: heat rock
ability: levitate
ev's: 252 HP, 252 Def, 6 SAtk

- hidden power (fire)
- moonlight
- thunderwave/ psycho shift
- sunny day

--> I use it on my sunny day team and it works great, never fails to set up sunny day. this makes a reasonable Scizor counter as well. It can come in against fighting and ground attackn and set up the sun. Moonlight also recovers more under the sun making it very usefull on this moveset.

Blastois
nature: modest
item: choice specs
ability: torrent
ev's: 252 SAtk, 252 HP, 6 Spe

- water spout
- ice beam
- hidden power (grass/ electric)
- surf/ rapid spin

--> switch in on something that can't harm Blastois and water spout your opponents switch-in, it will almost every time be a OHKO. Max SAtk is needed to do as much damage possible.

Spiritomb (M) @ Lagging Tail
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 116 HP / 64 Atk / 140 Def / 188 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Curse
- Pain Split
- Sucker Punch
- Trick

Gimmicky, but fun
You might want to explain this a bit. This seems... bad at best. What, do you curse, then Pain Split on the switch in? The moves seem quite random. Remember that curse on a ghost does not act like a bulk up with -1 speed.
Also, it is always better to max HP before touching Spiritomb's defenses, due to his low HP.

Blastois
nature: modest
item: choice specs
ability: torrent
ev's: 252 SAtk, 252 HP, 6 Spe

- water spout
- ice beam
- hidden power (grass/ electric)
- surf/ rapid spin

--> switch in on something that can't harm Blastois and water spout your opponents switch-in, it will almost every time be a OHKO. Max SAtk is needed to do as much damage possible.
Well, in general, it is a good idea to run 252 Speed on a Water Spout user, since even if you switch into something like, say, Claydol, as they Stealth Rock, you want to be able to outrun that Milotic or Kingler switching in. I would also advise not switching this into anything but a support pokemon, when you KNOW they aren't going to use Toxic/Thunder Wave, or an attack. My previous example, Claydol using Stealth Rock, is a perfectly good way to come in. Other than situations where you know you aren't in harms way, try to bring this in after something dies(preferably to Rhyperior, tends to be the easiest way to force it out and net a possible KO on the switchin).

how about these:

Cresselia
nature: bold
item: heat rock
ability: levitate
ev's: 252 HP, 252 Def, 6 SAtk

- hidden power (fire)
- moonlight
- thunderwave/ psycho shift
- sunny day

--> I use it on my sunny day team and it works great, never fails to set up sunny day. this makes a reasonable Scizor counter as well. It can come in against fighting and ground attackn and set up the sun. Moonlight also recovers more under the sun making it very usefull on this moveset
This isn't really a Scizor counter, as most will U-Turn 75% of the time, doing SEVERE damage to Cress

[SET]
ability: Multitype
nature: Calm
evs: 252 HP/252 SpA/4 SpD
name: Offensive stall

item: Spooky plate/Meadow plate
move 1: Willow Wisp
move 2: Roar/Thunder
move 3: Recover
move 4: Ice Beam

Comments:
In general, Luigia and Giratina are better for stall teams,
so your probably asking, "Why Arceus?"
The answer lies in it's far superior SpA stat. (As well as speed!)
This is a great edition to any stall or balanced team,
WoW for crippling Physical attackers.
Roar V.S Thunder, Roar is usually the better option for stall teams,
racking up SR, Spikes, and maybe even TS Damage,
However on more balanced teams thunder will be more appreciated.
Recover, for obvious reasons, the 50% HP gain really helps any pokemon with 120/120/120 defenses.
Ice beam helps take care of Arceus's main counters, Giratina and Lugia,
while also dealing with Wobbufett, Garchomp, Shaymen-S, and Reyquaza.
Ghost plate is for Spin Blocking, Grass is for defensive typing.

Damage Calcs
Ice Beam on bold max HP/ 0 SpD Luigia: 32.7% - 38.5% (A 3HKO)
Ice Beam on bold 248/248/12 Giratina: 33.0% - 39.0% (A 3HKO)
Ice Beam on bold (standard) Wobbufett 20.3% - 24.1% (a 5HKO, not bad seeing as it's a encore tarper)
Ice beam on Adamant 32/0/8 Rayquaza: 119.2% - 140.4% (OHKO)
Thunder on 116/0/0 Kyogre Modest (in Rain) 50.3% - 59.5% (a 2HKO)
Thunder on Timid 0/0/0 Palkia (in Rain) 33.0% - 38.9%

Thanks for reading and please post opinions.
EDIT: I am hoping to post this as a real set, so I hope everyone likes it!
I will add some damage calcs soon

[SET]
ability: Multitype
nature: Calm
evs: 252 HP/252 SpA/4 SpD
name: Offensive stall

item: Icicle Plate/Zap Plate
move 1: Willow Wisp/Toxic
move 2: Roar/Thunderbolt
move 3: Recover
move 4: Ice Beam

Comments:
In general, Luigia and Giratina are better for stall teams,
so your probably asking, "Why Arceus?"
The answer lies in it's far superior SpA stat. (As well as speed!)
This is a great edition to any stall or balanced team,
Willow Wisp V.S toxic is purely preference,
Toxic for more damage, WoW for crippling Physical attackers.
Roar V.S Thunderbolt, Roar is usually the better option for stall teams,
racking up SR, Spikes, and maybe even TS Damage,
However on more balanced teams thunderbolt will be more appreciated.
Recover, for obvious reasons, the 50% HP gain really helps any pokemon with 120/120/120 defenses.
Ice beam helps take care of Arceus's main counters, Giratina and Lugia,
while also dealing with Wobbufett, Garchomp, Shaymen-S, and Reyquaza.

Thanks for reading and please post opinions.
EDIT: I am hoping to post this as a real set, so I hope everyone likes it!
I will add some damage calcs soon
Ice and Electric are pretty horrendous defensive typings in Uber. Wouldn't a ghost/grass Plate be more useful? The latter allows Arceus to function as the team's anti-spinner(every stall team needs one, and Giratina usually fills that role), while a grass plate allows you to counter huge threats to stall, namely Palkia and Kyogre. Either way, Thunder > Thunderbolt, for obvious reasons, namely Kyogre. Groudon/Tyranitar HATE Will-o-Wisp, so no problems with them ruining the accuracy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)