New and 'creative' moveset/EV spread thread Mk. 5

I've been working on a trick room aggron that I think might be interesting.

TR Aggron @ life orb
Rock Head ability | Brave nature
252 atk/hp, 6 def | 0 spe IV

Metal Burst
Head Smash
Earthquake
Low Kick
Very cool set. This guy could so some serious damage to just about anything in UU. The only thing I would be afraid of is if TR doesn't get set up for whatever reason. Then he could be in serious trouble. :/ But then again, that's what you have to prepare for when dealing with TR.

@ Indragon: I have been using a similar set, with a support Dragonite w/Heal Bell to get rid of burns(allowing you to hit hard with ThunderPunch/CC later), to great success. Dragonite can easily switch into Rotom-H and outstall with Roost + Toxic, or spread paralysis to slow said Rotom-H and offensive Zapdos down with Thunder Wave. Lucario IMO is the best mixed sweeper in OU. I used to prefer Dragonite, Infernape, or Salamence, but Stealth Rock + SS + LO damage rack up pretty quickly. Very cool set indeed, I will have to try out that EV spread.
I can see what you mean, with Dragonite removing Burn and Paralysis and spreading some para of its own, Lucario becomes even more of a beast. Celebi's another option to use Heal Bell + Twave, but Dragonite's the better choice as far as synergy with Lucario goes. I also noticed that if you start off with using HP Ice when you switch in Luke, you can subsequently OHKO or 2HKO all of those switch-ins bar Scarf-Rotom and Dusknoir.

Ok, so I'm not really a competitive battler, but I found out Scizor has Bug Bite now, and Technician makes it stronger than X-Scissor. So I thought 'can the immediate berry effect be put to good use?'

Scizor @ Salac Berry
Jolly, Technician
4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
- Bug Bite
- Iron Head
- Superpower
- Swords Dance

Bug Bite will activate the Salac Berry, giving Scizor a Speed of 375, faster than Base 120s. It's probably a good idea to switch into something it resists so you can outrun the incoming Fire type.
The only problem that comes immediately to mind is Scarf Heatran.
I apologise for not putting more description, damage calculations and what have you. I'm not really experienced in this area, I just thought this set could work. I'm probably wrong, but tell me why. :P

TR Aggron @ life orb
Rock Head ability | Brave nature
252 atk/hp, 6 def | 0 spe IV

Metal Burst
Head Smash
Earthquake
Low Kick
You know that this set has one titanic problem ? To make Metal Burst to work your pokemon MUST go last. Under trick room you almost always go first, making Metal Burts useless. If it works on Shoddy, it must mean it's a bug. Interesting idea, but unfortunately it won't work under Trick Room.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
I've just had to move a bunch of posts from here to the UU thread so I'll take this chance to remind everybody - this thread is for movesets intended to be used in the OU tier. Don't post UU sets here.

You know that this set has one titanic problem ? To make Metal Burst to work your pokemon MUST go last. Under trick room you almost always go first, making Metal Burts useless. If it works on Shoddy, it must mean it's a bug. Interesting idea, but unfortunately it won't work under Trick Room.
metal burst is there not only for when TR isn't up, which sometimes things might end up that way...be it by surviving your TR onslaught or an unsuccessful setup, or for steelix/gastrodon/other slower pokes that won't one shot you.

I've been using it on shoddy to great success, actually. (paired with a claydol lead with SR/light screen (which saves you against milotic)/trick room/explosion. the best part about this pairing is popular ambipom leads ready to taunt you present a prime opportunity to switch aggron in for a free head smash/counter scout (read: donphan)).

metal burst is there not only for when TR isn't up, which sometimes things might end up that way...be it by surviving your TR onslaught or an unsuccessful setup, or for steelix/gastrodon/other slower pokes that won't one shot you.

I've been using it on shoddy to great success, actually. (paired with a claydol lead with SR/light screen (which saves you against milotic)/trick room/explosion. the best part about this pairing is popular ambipom leads ready to taunt you present a prime opportunity to switch aggron in for a free head smash/counter scout (read: donphan)).
I wouldn't recommend switching Aggron into Ambipom unless Trick Room is in effect because it may be carrying Low Kick, which will easily OHKO Aggron.

I wouldn't recommend switching Aggron into Ambipom unless Trick Room is in effect because it may be carrying Low Kick, which will easily OHKO Aggron.
hasn't happened yet, and I've switched aggron into an ambipom and safely head smashed either the pom or an incoming opponent about 5-7 times out of the last 30 matches I've played.

haunter

Banned deucer.
I am not sure if using Power Trick before Guts activates is different than after... I have only test with it before (use it first turn). The significance is whether Guts boosts Atk then switches it with Defense to make defense even higher, or if Guts boosts whichever is the Attack stat in either order.
Power trick said:
This move swaps the user's Attack and Defense stats. Attack and Defense boosts are still applied to their stat.
I'm inclined to think that you can't power trick the guts boost. I'm not sure about the viability of this set... wouldn't be better to use bulk up in the turn required to use power trick? Have you actually used this set?

I'm inclined to think that you can't power trick the guts boost. I'm not sure about the viability of this set... wouldn't be better to use bulk up in the turn required to use power trick? Have you actually used this set?
I don't think that is the point of his set. He states that after Power Trick he has 394 Def and 294 attack(after Guts boost). This is correct. 394 Attack --> 394 Def. 196 Def --> 196 attack(1.5)=294.

However, I do agree that Bulk Up is more beneficial. An Impish 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def set after a single Bulk Up reaches 384 HP / 445 Atk / 426 Def, clearly more powerful.

haunter

Banned deucer.
I think that he was asking if he could power trick the Atk boost (to have a defence boosted by 1,5) and reading the move descriptions I think that he can't.

I think that he was asking if he could power trick the Atk boost (to have a defence boosted by 1,5) and reading the move descriptions I think that he can't.
Oh, yeah you're right. I think he may be able to obtain the boost, as the smogon description states that attack/defense boosts are still obtained. Not sure about abilities though.

Lead Trickisser

Togekiss @ Choice Scarf
Modest
160hp/252def/96s.atk
Air Slash
Thunder Wave
Fireblast
Trick

Togekiss is already a bulky lead, but I was experimenting with a disruptive lead that can take a Bullet Punch from Metagross, and anything else from a physical attack not named Explosion

The idea is to Trick the opponents lead as they try to set up rocks or bullet punch Togekiss, with the Scarf it pulls this of extremely well due to the enhanced speed, it can outrun quiet alot.

After that Togekiss can freely fire back Fire Blasts, or flinchh4x with Air Slash. She isn't a suicide lead as you can switch her in later as support by spreading Thunder Wave

Ok, so I'm not really a competitive battler, but I found out Scizor has Bug Bite now, and Technician makes it stronger than X-Scissor. So I thought 'can the immediate berry effect be put to good use?'

Scizor @ Salac Berry
Jolly, Technician
4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
- Bug Bite
- Iron Head
- Superpower
- Swords Dance

Bug Bite will activate the Salac Berry, giving Scizor a Speed of 375, faster than Base 120s. It's probably a good idea to switch into something it resists so you can outrun the incoming Fire type.
The only problem that comes immediately to mind is Scarf Heatran.
I apologise for not putting more description, damage calculations and what have you. I'm not really experienced in this area, I just thought this set could work. I'm probably wrong, but tell me why. :P

Ok some suggestions for this set. Slap a choice scarf on it and drop swords dance for U turn or a utility move such as Bullet punch or roost to shrug off SR damage. It's an awesome set I've been testing it for a very long time and it proves to be successful since most people expect slower sets.

Lead Trickisser

Togekiss @ Choice Scarf
Modest
160hp/252def/96s.atk
Air Slash
Thunder Wave
Fireblast
Trick

Togekiss is already a bulky lead, but I was experimenting with a disruptive lead that can take a Bullet Punch from Metagross, and anything else from a physical attack not named Explosion

The idea is to Trick the opponents lead as they try to set up rocks or bullet punch Togekiss, with the Scarf it pulls this of extremely well due to the enhanced speed, it can outrun quiet alot.

After that Togekiss can freely fire back Fire Blasts, or flinchh4x with Air Slash. She isn't a suicide lead as you can switch her in later as support by spreading Thunder Wave
A few comments on this set:
You probably want to run enough speed to outrun Max+ Aerodactyl, or at the very least Azelf. Currently you only hit 294 speed, which is barely faster than a max speed Togekiss. Failure to outrun these threats will leave you incapable of Triking due to being hit by taunt first. Trick-locking them into a Taunt is great because it gives you a chance to hammer the switch-in.

You also may want to consider Aura Sphere over Fire Blast, simply because it hits Heatran (a common Lead), while Fire Blast does not. You're a bit weaker on Metagross, but you can still hit him Neutral, giving you better overall coverage on both.

"Scarftoise"

Blastoise @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 SpA, 252 Spe, 4 HP
Nautre: Modest (+SpA, -Atk)
- Water Spout
- Ice Beam
- HP Electric
- Hydro Pump

This set works surprisingly well and utilizes the new move given to Blastoise in HG/SS: Water Spout. It outspeeds all max speed base 120s with a positive nature as well as all max speed base 130s without a positive nature. It is best paired with a rapid spinner so as to minimize the amount of residual damage it takes. Ice beam for dragons etc, HP electric for Gyara and other waters trying to come in on water spout. Hydro pump is self explanitory, used after Blastoise's health has been lowered. After testing it on Shoddy, I was genuinely surprised to see how much damage water spout does. Anyway, just throwing this out there, please respond.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I would prefer using Wailord for the simple reason that Selfdestruct would catch many more things off guard and will at least guarantee a kill. Blastoise does not in any way really do anything to stand out from other Scarf revenge killers (because due to the ease of walling the set that you posted, it's the only thing it can really do), and being able to kill enemy Blissey or Snorlax or *insert non-Steel or Ghost here* is worth losing a little bit of extra speed. I have never seen a neutral base 130 and all base 120s are rarely seen UUs, so that bit is a tad unnecessary. Water Spout does indeed have lots of power but sadly with entry hazards plaguing the tier, its effectiveness is cut. Even in UU, I would prefer Wailord because Blastoise is better at being a defensive utility for spinning and such.

I would prefer using Wailord for the simple reason that Selfdestruct would catch many more things off guard and will at least guarantee a kill. Blastoise does not in any way really do anything to stand out from other Scarf revenge killers (because due to the ease of walling the set that you posted, it's the only thing it can really do), and being able to kill enemy Blissey or Snorlax or *insert non-Steel or Ghost here* is worth losing a little bit of extra speed. I have never seen a neutral base 130 and all base 120s are rarely seen UUs, so that bit is a tad unnecessary. Water Spout does indeed have lots of power but sadly with entry hazards plaguing the tier, its effectiveness is cut. Even in UU, I would prefer Wailord because Blastoise is better at being a defensive utility for spinning and such.
Well, as the rules of the thread suggest, this Blastoise is better used in OU play. I am aware of entry hazards being a threat to this moveset, which is I why I noted that it is best paired with a rapid spinner. It is generally not used as a revenge killer, but more for late game clean up purposes after the enemy's team has been scouted and its counters taken care of. This is why I prefer it over Wailord.

Ok some suggestions for this set. Slap a choice scarf on it and drop swords dance for U turn or a utility move such as Bullet punch or roost to shrug off SR damage. It's an awesome set I've been testing it for a very long time and it proves to be successful since most people expect slower sets.

ive tried this out at one point, and the power loss is just too significant. i ran jolly to outspeed latias, starmie, and such. it really lacks too much power, BP averages less than 40% to salamence, u-turn does not ohko latias without prior damage, nor does pursuit ohko gengar without prior. it averages 75% to heatran and then it will ohko back with [insert fire move]. in other words, its revenge killing capabilities were shattered at having less than 2/3 the damage output.

As boredomisbliss said, it is too weak. Scarf Iron Head is weaker than CB Bullet Punch, which is quite sad(80x1.5=120<40x1.5=60x1.5=90x1.5=135). Also, Choice Band does a shit ton of damage with U-turn, as Scizor is often coming in on stuff like Scarf Latias/Tyranitar, so you want to do as much as possible. I suppose it would help for those Latias w/HP Fire, but you are not even guaranteed a OHKO.

haunter

Banned deucer.
Well, hydro pump has a mediocre 80% accuracy, so water spout may be preferable when at full health. The problem with that set is that, unless you're going to use it as a lead (and in this case you need a timid nauture to outspeed Aero), you'll rarely be able to abuse a full power water spout because of entry hazards and sandstorm. Also, being unable to outspeed positive natured base 130 even with a choice scarf is really disappointing, so despite the loss in power, you might want to use a timid nature and at least 192 Spe EVs, to hit 396 Spe with the scarf attached. This spread also ensure that you'll outspeed max speed adamant Gyarados after a DD, so you can finish it off with hp electric.

To be honest I see really little uses for Blastoise as a revenge killer, especially in OU, as it's largely outclassed by Starmie as a water type, and honestly I'd rather prefer a scarf-Milotic than a scarf-Blastoise, if only for the better Spe and SpA stats.

Set Name : A Quickie

PorygonZ
@ Lum Berry
Evs : 126 speed 252 sp att, 64 def, 70 hp.
Ability : Adaptability
Modest Nature
Moves :
-Agility
-Nasty Plot
-Dark Pulse/Thunderbolt/Ice Beam/Psychic/HP fight (make a choice here...)
-Tri Attack

Ok this set is absolutely only viable as lead, let this be very clear.
The power of this set is its versatility, meaning if you get a common taunt lead against you, you first attack then switch out. But if you have a common sleeper or thunder waver you can get up an agility or a nasty plot first, then sweep the crap out of your opponents lead and rest of his team :D. Scizor is the main counter of this set, as is with all Porygon-Z, im not sure if scizor 1 hits against this spread, this is something you should test yourself :). The choice of the second attacking move is hard though, Tri Attack+Dark Pulse give you coverage of almost everything for neutral damage except Rock+Ground(Remember adaptability, it doubles STAB so Tri-Attack hits normal resists like a normal non stabbed attack), Hp fight should only be used if you are afraid of Lucario, otherwise no use for it.

Well i hope you enjoy this set :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)