New and 'creative' moveset/EV spread thread Mk. 5

Yeah, it definitely has some merit. By the way, I suppose you've looked at the Smogon analysis for it? There is an UU specially defensive set which functions similarly to the way you've described, except it has whirlwind over earthquake (although, that is partly due to UU threats like Alakazam and Mismagius taking a lot from Crunch).

Roserade has access to Sleep Powder, Natural Cure and also has better typing and thus is still the better choice.
Nonetheless this Drapion set has it's merits, being slightly faster and Taunt. I like it ^^

here is a set i came up with for Walrein, i figured that since all there was posted was Stallrein, i wanted to branch out a bit. this walrein should be used on a hail team.

Walrein
Item: Life Orb/Leftovers
Nature: Modest
EVs: Special attack, defenses, and hp

Moves:
Stockpile
Spit Up
Blizzard/Ice Beam
Surf

spit up could easily be substituted out for something and keep stockpile with its awesome defense boosting abilities. i could see putting something like Toxic or Signal Beam on here for extra coverage or forcing switches. This set works well with any Abamasnow set.

The problem with that Walrein set hinges on its Ice typing. For instance, something like Lucario will OHKO with CC after SR if it has one Stockpile boost. You don't have any recovery outside Ice Body, and your offensive ability even with Modest is fairly mediocre. Life Orb lets you hit harder, but you still don't have much ability to even 2HKO many of the things which would be getting rid of you, and then you're almost negating your healing. There's a quite horrible list of things which completely wall you, such as Jirachi, Vaporeon, Suicune, etc etc; basically anything fairly bulky with recovery. Spit Up, by the way is terrible, but there aren't many options to go there. The best is probably Protect - see where that's going? Back to the stall set again.

Basically, the set just doesn't work, unfortunately, and it doesn't really utilise Walrein's strength's as well as the stall set.

Surely this doesn't count as double posting? 'S not my fault this is a dead thread :)

Anyway, I have a change to the standard Substitute Steel Trapper set for Magnezone which I'd like to test out on you guys before I try and get it mentioned on site.

The normal Magnezone runs: Naive, Leftovers, 40 Atk / 252 SpAtk / 216 Speed, with Thunderbolt, Hidden Power (Grass), Substitute and Explosion.

However as a great improvement I'd like to suggest:

Magnezone @ Life Orb
Timid nature (40 HP / 252 SpAtk / 216 Speed)
-Substitute
-Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power (Ice)
-Explosion

Life Orb is obviously the biggest change. Why use it over Leftovers? Because Magnezone can beat most of the steel types it traps with a Substitute up, it so often has the chance to nail its counter with its huge SpAtk. The point is, Life Orb fits so well on Magnezone over Leftovers because it ensures a number of OHKO's and 2HKO's on important pokemon.

These are some of the things Magnezone can do with Life Orb which it can't do with Leftovers:

-2HKO max HP Tyranitar with Thunderbolt
-OHKO most Azelf after SR.
-OHKO Breloom with HP Ice
-2HKO standard Tank Bronzong
-2HKO standard defensive Celebi with Leftovers and SR, and straight 2HKO non-defensive sets.
-2HKO all common Shaymin sets with HP Ice.
-OHKO 252 HP Dragonite with HP Ice (252 HP is used for the DD set)
-2HKO Tank Dusknoir
-OHKO Gengar (98.1% - 116.1%, so guaranteed with SR)
-2HKO on most bulky Heatran sets (bar TormenTran and SpDef Tran).
-2HKO physical Hippowdon with Leftovers and after SR.
-OHKO Infernape
-2HKO Jirachi (except defensive sets with Leftovers)
-OHKO SD Lucario after SR almost guaranteed (96.4% - 113.5%) + SR.
-2HKO Machamp with Leftovers recovery
-OHKO offensive Suicune, have a decent chance to OHKO CroCune after SR.
-OHKO Defensive NP Togekiss (most popular set)
-2HKO Specially defensive Zapdos after SR, 2HKO all other sets, good chance to OHKO offensive Zapdos after SR.

That's a pretty impressive resume right? You lose a bit of HP and survivability from Leftovers, but those calc's would IMO make up for it. A fair number of them, such as Tyranitar and Zapdos, are pokemon which are commonly switched into Magnezone to get rid of it.

Other benefits of running LO are that you no longer need Naive and Atk EV's to OHKO Blissey with Explosion, so you can run Timid and 40 HP EV's for some extra bulk.

HP Ice gives vastly better coverage than HP Grass, which is useful solely for taking down Swampert, but for some reason is the HP of choice on most Magnezone sets. HP Ice is helpful against Dragonite, Flygon, Celebi, Swampert, and others.

This set is walled by a couple of pokemon, basically Rotom-A, Swampert, Jolteon, other Magnezone, and Electivire. All of these usually wall the basic set too, and when your opponent brings in one of these pokemon are the only times you would prefer Leftovers over LO.

Anyway, comments and different EV spreads etc would be great. Thanks :)

Hello. I was thinking about Gallade and Gardevoir working together in double battles and I believe this is what I've come up with.

Gallade
Nature: Adamant/Jolly
IV's: 31/31/x/x/x/31
EV's: 252 Atk/252 Speed
Held Item: Life Orb
Psycho Cut/Leaf Blade
Night Slash
Close Combat
Protect

Gallade is the one that can sweep teams from the help of Gardevoir. Psycho Cut is a STAB move but isn't kinda popular since it has 70 Base Power. Leaf Blade can be replaced for it to take down Rock and Ground types like Swampert, Quagsire and Gastrodon.

Night Slash is there for Ghost and opposing Psychic types.

Close Combat is what every Gallade must have. Well, it's STAB and it's the most powerful move it has.

Finally, Protect is to block every attack it faces for one turn. Good move for Double Battles when Gardevoir is there to help.

Gardevoir
IV's: 31/x/30/31/31/28
EV's: 252HP/176 Def/76 Sp. Def
Held Item: Leftovers
Psychic
Icy Wind
Helping Hand
Safeguard

Gardevoir's moveset is all about helping it's partner to get out of trouble.

Psychic is for attacking. Useful if Gallade deosn't have Psycho Cut.

Now Icy Wind. The strategy is to let Gallade use Protect and Gardevoir to use Icy Wind. It lowers both opponent's Speed to let Gallade have a chance to strike!

If there are Pokemon Gallade won't be able to OHKO easily, Helping Hand's there to boost Gallade's Attack.

Safeguard is useful for blocking Status afflicting moves to either Gallade or Gardevoir.

So, I guess that about wraps up the Gallade and Gardevoir movesets for Double Battles. Any changes or improvments I need to make? Please ask.

Look, I'm no expert on Doubles. At all. But I don't like the idea of having two frail Psychic types out at the same time. You can't get around things like Gengar except by Gallade protecting and Gardevoir Icy Winding, which would be very predictable and would probably just lead to Gardevoir being killed.

Have you tried it out?

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
Except that there aren't any moves which hit both at the same time for super effective damage, and it is unlikely that both opposing Pokemon will be able to SE hit a Psychic type.

Anyway, It looks like it could work except that Gardevoir does not look like it is supporting all that much. If she wants to support then fine, but something like Lum + Swagger would be a better way of doing it, because like this it is really just two sweepers. Something like Icy Wind is useful, but it does mean that you are essentially giving the opponent a free turn to set up at the begining, which in doubles can be fatal if you will only lower speed by one stage. That said, two sweepers can work well, but if you want two sweepers then you could have better sweepers, which work together better, than Gardevoir and Gallade.

I got 3 sets for you guys today. First is subsplit starmie. I tested this and i admit it didnt do so well (mostly due to spikes vulernalibility), but maybe someone else can get it to work. Every time i face a starmie i think "if that thing subs im screwed". But they never do so i created this set. I know theres alot of slashes but oh well i find them nessisary. Recover is if you dont care about draining blisseys hp. Outruns gengar so thats an advantage over him.

Starmie @ life orb
Timid 252/252
~surf/hydro pump
~pain split/recover
~sub
~psychic/tbolt/ice beam

Next is defensive protect dragonite. Use this with someone who can trap flygon (scizor or ttar). With protect there will be no more outrage bluffing and you can trap it if it chooses to outrage. If it doesnt you get another free dd. Also useful vs scarf heatrans to scout for explosion and see if they really have hp ice, And jirachis to see if they have ice punch.

Dragonite @ leftovers
Defensive eves
~dd
~dragon claw
~roost
~protect

Last is offensive protect. Pretty much plays like the last set excapt with more offensive moves.

Dragonite @ life orb
Offensive eves
~dd
~outrage
~fire punch
~protect

fatty

is a Tiering Contributor
NUPL Champion
Hey, got 2 sets here, 1 that ive used extensively for a while, and another that has just been and idea floating around my head that I think could use some collaborative help.

Celebi @ Life Orb
208 HP/ 160 SpA/ 140 Spe
Timid
-Grass Knot
-HP [Fire]
-Leech Seed
-Recover

I've been testing this on many teams lately to help deal with Bulky Waters, Breloom, and a lot of common Stall Mon's. I originally thought this up after using LS Shaymin for a while, and thought, why do so many people use Shaymin over Celebi to deal with Bulky Waters? The answer was simple, Seed Flare, which could deal a lot more damage to Waters than a simple GK could. My problems with this was that Celebi had so many more niches that could help my team, like reliable recovery and a second Fighting resist, but the power from seed flare was so hard to pass up. I then thought, well what if I could make Celebi more powerful, while still retaining its bulky and annoying presence. I then thought of a way to do that by simply giving a Leech Seed Celebi, Life Orb. I fixed the EVs and entire set to my liking, and this is what I came up with. GK is to help deal with the whole reason I came up with this set, bulky waters, and HP Fire is there for coverage. Leech Seed + Recover lets me stay around for as long as I want, while letting me stall out things I cant beat with my attacks alone, like Blissey and Vappy. Timid + 140 Spe EVs let you outspeed all max speed Suicune, Adamant Lucario, and anything below that. 160 SpA EVs + Life Orb Guarantee a 2HKO on Offensive Suicune after 1 CM, as well as Offensive Gyara. Another cool thing to add is that this set isnt phazed at all from the ever so common core of Bliss + Skarm + RT Gyara.

Now for the set I'm not too sure about, but it looks good in my head lol.

Gyarados @ Life Orb/Leftovers(?)
248 HP/ 252 Atk/ 8 Def
Adamant
-Waterfall
-Bounce/Return
-Rest
-Sleep Talk

Basically, this set incorporates the power of Adamant LO Gyara, with some of the longevity of a RT Gyara. With Intimidate and 248 HP EVs, Gyara can still check Breloom, Machamp, and Lucario failry well, but is now able to strike back with LO boosted attacks. Resttalk also helps for long winded battles, when you need Gyara to continually switch into threats like Heatran and Infernape, but also want to keep an offensive presence. Like I said though, I haven't really tested this, so help would be greatly appreciated. The EV spread is very basic, with Max Attack, and the rest thrown into HP and Defense to give more bulk. I would also like suggestions on this, as I dont know if that spread is the most ideal.
-

Check it.

Heatran @ Choice Band
Adamant(+Atk, -SpAtk)
252 Atk, 252 Spd, 4 HP
-Fire Fang
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake
-Explosion

His base attack isnt terrible and with maximum investment he can put a severe dent in typical switch-ins. Stone Edge Gyara, Boom on bulky waters, Fire Fang for obligatory stab. Pretty useful lure. Back later to edit more.

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I am not sure about CB tran. For one thing, why would you use 90 base attack when you can have 130 base SpA? If Gyarados is a problem then run HP Electric.

Also your physical Fire STAB is terrible. With a CB and Maximum investment (with Adamant) you still cannot OHKO a Shaymin/Celebi/Jirachi with no defensive invstment. To me, that seems rather poor. You say that you can dent switch-ins but when you cannot OHKO a pokemon that is weak to your STAB when you are running a boosting item and max EV investment I doubt that you can dent certain things

Athenodoros

I think that If you team was all Special, it could have a niche in easily beating Blissey, but a standard LO Explosion would do the same thing. I guess that the surprise value would just not be worth the huge loss in power.

*Posted in response to my earlier CBtran set

Heatran is often praised for being the most versatile mon in this metagame, and its abitlity to play many different roles on a team earned it the number one uasge stat on shoddy. However, all of its sets are similar in that they capitalize on Heatran's massive base special attack, molding its counters to rely on their SpDef bulk or resists/immunities to switch in. While admittedly a gimmick, CBtran does have a niche in that it can slap those counters around on the physical side. Two major advantages come to mind with this set: First, it can beat the bulky waters that aren't threatened by standard Heatran's Hidden Power Grass/Electric, namely, Tentacruel and Kingdra. With SR, they are OHKOed and 2HKOed respectively, and Heatran can opt to stay in and take the Waterfall from Kingdra, though most of the time they greedily DD up. CB Earthquake clearly has its merits over the standard Earth Power. Let's compare calcs against support Tentacruel and ChestoRest Kingdra.
H1=252 Atk Adamant CBtran
H2=252 SpAtk Naive Life Orb Tran

H1 Earthquake vs 252 HP / 120 Def Calm Tentacruel: 92.3% - 108.8%
H2 Earth Power vs 252 HP / 136 SpDef Calm Tentacruel: 48.9% - 57.7%
H1 Earthquake vs 144 HP / 0 Def Adamant Kingdra: 44.6% - 52.6%
H2 Earth Power vs 144 HP / 40 SpDef Adamant Kingdra: 39.4% - 46.5%

The second plus side to CBtran is that it can beat Blissey without using Taunt and sacrificing coverage, exploding (remains an option if desperate), or depending on Magma Storm's subpar accuracy. This is quite useful in dismantling stall or opening up the opponent for a special sweep by, say, SubPetaya Empoleon. It must be noted that this Heatran, though physically-based, can still 2HKO Defensive Skarmory.

Fire Fang vs 252 HP / 252 Def Bold Blissey: 34.5% - 40.8%
Fire Fang vs 252 HP / 240 Def Impish Skarmory: 46.7% - 55.7%

These might prove helpful also

Stone Edge vs 156 HP / 96 Def Adamant Gyarados + Intimidate : 54.6% - 64.3%
Stone Edge vs 0 HP / 4 Def Adamant Gyarados + Intimidate: 68.3% - 80.4%
Stone Edge vs 248 HP / 116 Def Jolly Aero: 86.5% - 101.9%
Fire Fang vs 4 HP / 0 Def Timid Shaymin: 79.5% - 94.7%
(The same goes for Celebi and Jirachi w/ same spread and nature)

Because this set relies on the lesser of Tran's offensive capabilities, entry hazard support is highly recommended. SR is essential because Tran needs it to grab the OHKO on offensive Shaymin and Celebi (assuming average damage roll) with its lackluster STAB Fire Fang. Layers are always a welcome addition, compensating for the lack of firepower, and spikers such as Forretress and Roserade pair well with Heatran. Sandstorm is good for business, too, as it eliminates lefties from annoying walls like Blissey that this Heatran is meant to break through without booming. Sunny Day deserves equal mention for buffing up Fire Fang. CBtran is not meant to be a raw, TTar-esque threat that stomps teams out like Godzilla. The selling point of this set comes with its surprise factor in a stereotyped metagame and its removal of certain counters without a trapping set or explosion.

Athenodoros

Obviously CBTran will have some use, but overall you are probably still better with LO, or even Specs for raw power. The trouble is that things like Flygon and Heatran (assuming you don't use EQ) still wall you into next week, and this will be a problem because they are standard switch-ins (I would guess that between them they are ~70% of the switches into Tran). After that, the surprise of Choice Band is gone, which is really what the set relies on.

Check it.

Heatran @ Choice Band
Adamant(+Atk, -SpAtk)
252 Atk, 252 Spd, 4 HP
-Fire Fang
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake
-Explosion

His base attack isnt terrible and with maximum investment he can put a severe dent in typical switch-ins. Stone Edge Gyara, Boom on bulky waters, Fire Fang for obligatory stab. Pretty useful lure. Back later to edit more.
Um....it looks quite gimmicky.

Specs Tran in most cases in a much better choice. It's much more powerful, and has more powerful moves such as Overheat, Fireblast, Dragon Pulse, coming of 130 base SpA, reaching almost 600 special attack. LO variants of Heatran get the best of both worlds, they are only slightly less powerful, and Explosion is more powerful, than the Specs version. Also of note, Entei and Arcanine, aside from explosion does that better. You could try a mixed LO Heatran..that would probably be better since it can give the physical walls a lot more problems.

Ummmmm...hopefully this is creative enough. I've been using it since yesterday when I created my mono-fighting team, and I'm quite happy with it.

Gallade
Moveset Name: ParaFusionFlinchHax-Annoyer (long, right?)
Move 1: Thunder Wave
Move 2: Confuse Ray
Move 3: Taunt
Move 4: Zen Headbutt
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Steadfast
Nature(s): Careful
EVs: 252 HP/ 6 Def/ 252 SpD

So, when I was creating my mono-fighting team, I figured I needed a support Pokemon. Seeing as how Gallade is related to Gardevoir (who has an amazing support movepool), I figured that they could share movesets with changes in attacking moves. So, I took a set from Gardevoir, slapped it onto Gallade and changed a few moves to suit its stats. The SpD EVs mean that Gallade won't be dying from an unboosted Special Attack anytime soon, including the super-effective ones. Thunder wave, Confuse Ray and then Taunt in that order unless otherwise needed. Zen Headbutt's flinch chance is awesome and really rounds out the set, it's stronger than Psycho Cut, and Gallade is still able to do amazing damage with it due to its awesome Attack stat. This set is obviously walled by Steel and Dark Types, but the support moves can still prove useful against those. Toxic could be a better option, but missing out on that paralysis chance plus the confusion and flinch makes Thunder Wave a better option. Confusion is always fun, and Taunt helps to shut down walls and other Pokemon with boosting moves that could threaten your team.​

It works pretty well from what I've seen so far. ParaFusionFlinchHax really messes a Pokemon up, sometimes forces switches, and just softens up the other's team to make a sweep that much easier. It's also quite annoying, which is the point of the set. If you want to make use of Steadfast, consider taking 126 EVS from both HP and SpD and adding them to Speed. The loss in bulk might hurt though.​

Ummmmm...hopefully this is creative enough. I've been using it since yesterday when I created my mono-fighting team, and I'm quite happy with it.

Gallade
Moveset Name: ParaFusionFlinchHax-Annoyer (long, right?)
Move 1: Thunder Wave
Move 2: Confuse Ray
Move 3: Taunt
Move 4: Zen Headbutt
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Steadfast
Nature(s): Careful
EVs: 252 HP/ 6 Def/ 252 SpD

So, when I was creating my mono-fighting team, I figured I needed a support Pokemon. Seeing as how Gallade is related to Gardevoir (who has an amazing support movepool), I figured that they could share movesets with changes in attacking moves. So, I took a set from Gardevoir, slapped it onto Gallade and changed a few moves to suit its stats. The SpD EVs mean that Gallade won't be dying from an unboosted Special Attack anytime soon, including the super-effective ones. Thunder wave, Confuse Ray and then Taunt in that order unless otherwise needed. Zen Headbutt's flinch chance is awesome and really rounds out the set, it's stronger than Psycho Cut, and Gallade is still able to do amazing damage with it due to its awesome Attack stat. This set is obviously walled by Steel and Dark Types, but the support moves can still prove useful against those. Toxic could be a better option, but missing out on that paralysis chance plus the confusion and flinch makes Thunder Wave a better option. Confusion is always fun, and Taunt helps to shut down walls and other Pokemon with boosting moves that could threaten your team.​

It works pretty well from what I've seen so far. ParaFusionFlinchHax really messes a Pokemon up, sometimes forces switches, and just softens up the other's team to make a sweep that much easier. It's also quite annoying, which is the point of the set. If you want to make use of Steadfast, consider taking 126 EVS from both HP and SpD and adding them to Speed. The loss in bulk might hurt though.​
Who else is on your team? Whenever i try mono fighting i struggle with genger. Shadow sneak on gallade is invaluable to deal with him somewhat. As for the set....its ok i guess. Personally i'd run cc over confuse ray though.

Who else is on your team? Whenever i try mono fighting i struggle with genger. Shadow sneak on gallade is invaluable to deal with him somewhat. As for the set....its ok i guess. Personally i'd run cc over confuse ray though.
I use Infernape as my lead, and I have Lucario, Machamp, Hariyama, and Hitmontop to partner along Gallade. Gengar is usually no problem since most opponents just Shadow Ball him thinking it's gonna KO, get paralyzed by TWave, and then get KOed by Zen Headbutt. Most of the Pokemon on my team save for Lucario and Infernape are pretty bulky enough to be able to handle Gengar, and then the others all carry a move that's super effective against him. I can struggle with Breloom if it has a Sub, and I usually struggle with Gyarados since the only person who has a SE move against him is Machamp (Stone Edge). I can still manage though if I play safely.

CC could work in place of CR, but without Shadow Sneak or some other typed move this Gallade is still mostly useless against Spiritomb. That's why I figured parafusion would be the most effective strategy for Gallade if I didn't want him to just be a straight sweeper.

I'd like to put forward my set. It's a bit unconventional, but I guarantee it works

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Ability: Syncronize
Nature: Impish (+Def, -SpAtk)
EVs: 120 HP / 220 Def / 168 SpDef
-Confuse Ray
-Toxic
-Assurance
-Screech / Heal Bell

Offensive Umbreon may sound like a bad idea, but it carries many advantages normally unheard of. This set takes advantage of Umbreon's superior defensive capabilities, and if played well it can be a superb mid-game sweeper.

Strategy is simple: Switch in on something it can absorb, such as Psychic, and use Confuse Ray. Assurance goes along with this beautifully: When the opponent hits themselves, Assurance's power doubles from 50 to 100. Coupled with STAB, this amounts to a free Giga Impact, in addition to what they do to themselves.

The choice between Screech and Heal Bell is rather skewed toward HB, due to it making Umbreon's team resistant to status effects, but there are good reasons to choose Screech. While CR and Screech together may sound like a knockoff of Swagger, it has a major advantage: It doesn't put Umbreon at risk by increasing the opponent's attack. Furthermore, it increases the damage dealt by Assurance.

I know you'll probably laugh at me but I'm proposing a Scarf Skarmory lead. Think of it as a suicide lead unlike the usual skarmory/swampert style leads.

Skarmory @ Choice Scarf
Jolly
252 Atk / 80 HP / 172 Speed
-Brave Bird
-Taunt
-Spikes
-Stealth Rock

Azelf

You have the option of taunting it and running away or laying down 2/3 layers of spikes.
Machamp
BB is always a 2HKO and sometimes an OHKO
Aerodactyl

You can get three layers of spikes
Metagross

See Azelf.
Swampert

You choose taunt or triple layers of spikes.
Infernape

You can use Stealth Rock and die or Brave Bird down to the sash.
Heatran
Stealth rock or run!!
Jirachi

It will probably try and trick you, allowing you to get three layers of spikes.
Roserade

Brave Bird or Taunt it helpless.
Hippowdon

Taunt or Spikes.
Starmie

Stealth Rock or run.
Dragonite

See Starmie.
Gliscor

Tanut or spikes.
Tyranitar

Spikes, Stealth Rock or Taunt.
Skarmory

Taunt works nicely or you can set up Spikes together
Forretress

Same as Skarmory.

As you can see it merely ties with many leads but Offensive Starmie makes a great partner for this as it can spin while combatting many common leads, especially the ones you lose to / tie with.

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
I know you'll probably laugh at me but I'm proposing a Scarf Skarmory lead. Think of it as a suicide lead unlike the usual skarmory/swampert style leads.

Skarmory @ Choice Scarf
Jolly
252 Atk / 80 HP / 172 Speed
-Brave Bird
-Taunt
-Spikes
-Stealth Rock

Azelf

You have the option of taunting it and running away or laying down 2/3 layers of spikes.
More like if you Taunt it, it can just attack away with Fire Blast/Psychic and still have the option to Explode. Also, you haven't set up entry hazards, meaning it can still come back in with its Sash. Alternatively, you get 1 layer while it Taunts you and you're forced to switch out.
Machamp
BB is always a 2HKO and sometimes an OHKO
And then you lose a fuckload of HP but I guess that's ok.
Aerodactyl

You can get three layers of spikes
More like 1 layer and then it Taunts you.
Metagross

Actually you're better off just Spiking here, not even Taunting.
Forretress

Same as Skarmory.
You lose here, Forretress can just keep on Rapid Spinning without any fear.

As you can see it merely ties with many leads but Offensive Starmie makes a great partner for this as it can spin while combatting many common leads, especially the ones you lose to / tie with.
(See my response in the spoiler)

Yea I'd rather just save Skarmory for later in the game instead of losing such a great defensive Pokemon at the beginning of the game to threats like Infernape and Starmie. Additionally, it still doesn't outright beat Azelf/Aerodactyl, as you're stuck getting 1 layer and then being forced out.

I have swept teams with this Luke set:

Lucario @ Life Orb
Modest Nature (+SpA, -Atk)
36 HP | 252 SpA | 220 Spe
Agility
Aura Sphere
Hidden Power Ice
Dark Pulse | Shadow Ball

The speed EVs allow him to outrun Scarf Azelf and Scarf Starmie after an Agility.
The choice between Dark Pulse and Shadow Ball is hard: Dark Pulse can flinch | Shadow Ball hits Heracross and can drop SpD

I have swept teams with this Luke set:

Lucario @ Life Orb
Modest Nature (+SpA, -Atk)
36 HP | 252 SpA | 220 Spe
Agility
Aura Sphere
Hidden Power Ice
Dark Pulse | Shadow Ball

The speed EVs allow him to outrun Scarf Azelf and Scarf Starmie after an Agility.
The choice between Dark Pulse and Shadow Ball is hard: Dark Pulse can flinch | Shadow Ball hits Heracross and can drop SpD
Probably go Shadow Ball here, as it provides perfect coverage with Aura Sphere, plus it has practically the same coverage as Dark Pulse. Although, you probably shouldn't worry about the Heracross thing, since now it's pretty much never used in OU.

I'd like to put forward my set. It's a bit unconventional, but I guarantee it works

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Ability: Syncronize
Nature: Impish (+Def, -SpAtk)
EVs: 120 HP / 220 Def / 168 SpDef
-Confuse Ray
-Toxic
-Assurance
-Screech / Heal Bell

Offensive Umbreon may sound like a bad idea, but it carries many advantages normally unheard of. This set takes advantage of Umbreon's superior defensive capabilities, and if played well it can be a superb mid-game sweeper.

Strategy is simple: Switch in on something it can absorb, such as Psychic, and use Confuse Ray. Assurance goes along with this beautifully: When the opponent hits themselves, Assurance's power doubles from 50 to 100. Coupled with STAB, this amounts to a free Giga Impact, in addition to what they do to themselves.

The choice between Screech and Heal Bell is rather skewed toward HB, due to it making Umbreon's team resistant to status effects, but there are good reasons to choose Screech. While CR and Screech together may sound like a knockoff of Swagger, it has a major advantage: It doesn't put Umbreon at risk by increasing the opponent's attack. Furthermore, it increases the damage dealt by Assurance.

Somewhat viable, but there's a huge problem in that you can't really do much to an opposing sweeper that acts first.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)