New at Ubers (Wall, Hazard and Power team)

Hello everyone, so this is my team I made for ubers the other day. A bit of a back story I found the site around a month or so ago and have been playing pokemon for a long time. I started in OU and did decently well but I decided I wanted to try out ubers. After playing this team for the last few days it works pretty well (Score playing on alt at work was 1750). But I am getting destroyed by steel teams (Ferrothorn and Arceus-Steel big time) and ghost heavy teams (Arceus-Ghost). I tried to fix this by replacing Mewtwo with Genesect but I feel it is still missing something.

Here is my team

Quick View:

In Depth:

Basic Concept: Hazard Abuser
While I liked Ho-oh better when I played the original game I now know lugia is a beast. Dragon tail does damage and forces out the current pokemon. Multiscale so that he can switch into a pokemon with a substitute and raised stats and live. Whirlwind to force those who think they are safe behind a substitute out. Toxic to help stop walls or pokemon I know I will have an issue with later. Roost to do it all again, get multiscale buff again, and get rid of flying weaknesses temporarily. This makes Lugia great for grinding down the enemies HP.
Lugia @ Leftovers
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Whirlwind
- Toxic
- Roost
- Dragon Tail

Basic Concept: Powerhouse
Kyogre was always one of my favorite legendaries and his is from what I have learned king of the ubers. Mostly used for Water Spout (So OP) which can do a lot of damage. Thunder for against water/flying types and it goes well with drizzle. Ice beam against those pesky dragons that ubers are known for. Surf for when too weak for Water Spout but want something powered up by STAB and drizzle. Leftovers because I like the flexibility of choosing any move. seeing as most pokemon are killed quickly I want this flexibility. Kyogre is a beast and has saved me many times when I thought I was doomed.
Kyogre @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Water Spout
- Thunder
- Ice Beam
- Surf

Basic Concept: Entry Hazards and early wall
He is hard to kill which makes him great for setting up my entry hazards early on while staying alive. So entry hazards or stealth and spikes and almost always set up. Recover to keep him alive even longer. and seismic toss to do some good damage to any type except ghost. This makes him a great wall that is even able to take out the big guys. That is something I feel Ferrothorn cant do (And I feel he gets killed too easy against any team with a fire type) and is why I choose Deoxys instead.
Deoxys-Defense @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Recover
- Seismic Toss

Basic Concept: To deal with dragons and ghosts
Giratina I feel is the least used pokemon on this team and my one I have tried swapping out for different pokemon the most, but I keep coming back to him. I need a dragon on the team to counter other dragons and the shadow ball helps me against Arceus-Ghost. I will also switch him out a lot after Genesect because he can take fire type hits well. Calm mind give him that boost to sp. defense and sp. attack when I need it. Dragon pulse to be used against basically everything, shadow ball when its the better move. Substitute is barely used unless I have the chance against a pokemon who cant do much, but I don't know what to replace it with.
Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SAtk / 8 SDef
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse
- Shadow Ball

Basic Concept: Revenge Killer
Genesect is new to the team but I feel does better than my calm mind mewtwo did. Choice Scarf makes him fast, U-turn serves the purpose my mewtwo did of killing darkri and also kills mewtwo. Seeing as I almost always have some entries with download it is OHKO almost always. Flamethrower help against steel teams although many see it coming and protect then switch to a dragon. Ice beam for the dragons. Shadow claw for the ghosts (used to be iron head). Choice Scarf makes it all possible and makes genesect a great revenge killer. Also if I even think the other team may send out something to deal with Deoxys in the beginning I start him and worst case u-turn to deoxys. I chose attack over sp. attack to boost becuase u-turn and shadow claw are his most used moves.
Genesect @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Download
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature
- U-turn
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam
- Shadow Claw

Basic Concept: Priority Killer
In ubers you cant have a team with out the creator so this is my choice. I switch him out if I see an opportune time to use sword dance otherwise I save him till anything that can stand in his way is dead. Extremespeed because its priority and STAB, and you would have to be crazy to have a normal arceus without it. Swords dance to power up extremespeed and shadow claw. Recover to keep him alive. Also if you are wondering why I have 4 evs to speed its so I can better ensure him beats out another arceus, but most are in HP to keep him alive longer.
Arceus @ Silk Scarf
Trait: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature
- ExtremeSpeed
- Swords Dance
- Recover
- Shadow Claw

So that's my team. As I said it needs something but everything I tried doesn't so to work as well. The team works great against baton passers and anybody just trying to get stats up. I feel there could be better replacements for Lugia but none can abuse entries quite as well. I have thought about turning giratina-o into a giratina with rest and sleeptalk. Any advice would be more than appreciated.

teamcode:
Code:
Lugia @ Leftovers
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Whirlwind
- Toxic
- Roost
- Dragon Tail

Kyogre @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Water Spout
- Thunder
- Ice Beam
- Surf

Deoxys-Defense @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Recover
- Seismic Toss

EVs: 248 HP / 252 SAtk / 8 SDef
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse
- Shadow Ball

Genesect @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature
- U-turn
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam
- Shadow Claw

Arceus @ Silk Scarf
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature
- ExtremeSpeed
- Swords Dance
- Recover
- Shadow Claw

Hey there, cool team you got there but there are some thing's that could be fixed:
Kyogre: Is that item suppose to be Choice Specs? If so, then change the EV spread too 252 HP / 252 Sp.atk / 4 Spe. Feel free to speed creep it to 16 EVS.
Deoxys-D: Deoxys-D is not really good at this meta and your also kinda weak to palkia. I recommend to change Deoxys-D to a Specially Defensive Dialga. It could set up the rocks better then deoxys can. The last move slot is your choice ( I prefer toxic so i can wear down Arceus formes and stall team's.) Feel free to speed creep it aswell.
Giratina-O. SpA Giratina-O is cool and all but this team would prefer if it was physically defensive. It could take on Ekiller Arceus better since none of you're pokes can switch into it. Magic coat is a nice move to have so that giratina-O isn't set up fodder for pokes such as ferrothorn/forretress.
Genesect: Shadow claw is pretty useless on genesect.... I'd ask you do use the physical attacking genesect set. 8 Sp.Atk EVS allows you to OHKO any rayquaza set.

Hope i helped!
Sets:
Code:
Kyogre @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 Spd
Modest Nature
- Water Spout
- Ice Beam
- Thunder
- Surf

Dialga @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 200 SDef / 56 SAtk
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Roar/Toxic

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Atk
Impish Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Shadow Sneak
- Will-O-Wisp
- Magic Coat

Genesect @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Spd / 248 Atk / 8 SAtk
Naive Nature
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Iron Head
- Explosion
EDIT: Lustrous Orb Palkia can now replace lugia so you can deal with Kyogre.

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Shadow claw is pretty useless on gene not to mention that being able to deal with kyu-w and/or clutching your way to victory with flinchhax if needed is the way to go. Also blaze kick hits harder than flamethrower in general since you're most likely getting an atk boost and not to mention it's coming from your higher attack. Also use ekillers standard ev's which are 200hp/252+atk/56spd which is enough to outrun neutral base 95's.

tl;dr
on gene
blaze kick > flamethrower
iron head > shadow claw

as for ekiller go
200hp/252+atk/56spd

Lugia: YOU DONT NEED SPEED ON LUGIA. Seriously, you don't, put it in defenses.

Kyogre: Youre going to change this to 248 HP 252 SpAtk 8 Speed Specs. Either that or... no.

Deo-D: LOL no

Gira-O: You may want Aura Sphere as one of the attacks unless you know you can remove steels before setting up. Don't be 99% of the people using Cloyster who setup a Shell Smash without thinking then die as a counter switches in.

Genesect: Naive > Hasty to take on Ekiller better. Flamethrower to Iron Head and Shadow Claw to Explosion.

Arceus: you may want to give it some speed, otherwise ok.

Synergy wise its not the best, but not the worst.

Creeping Ogre to 168 Spe is nice, outspeeds most lugia so roost can't mess with you. Also, 1750 ACRE on the ubers ladder in PS is horrendous, and don't use recover arceus, it has terrible coverage. Switch Recover to Earthquake, and listen to the other people's suggestions

Last edited:
Just figured I would update and say after some rebuilding this new team I have is working much better. I have taken bits from everyone kinda and changed a few things and its working better than ever.

If anyone wants the new version:

Code:
Palkia @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Spacial Rend
- Thunder
- Dragon Tail

Kyogre @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 244 HP / 252 SAtk / 12 Spd
Modest Nature
- Water Spout
- Thunder
- Ice Beam
- Surf

Dialga @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Lax Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast
- Thunder Wave

EVs: 248 HP / 244 SAtk / 16 Spd
Modest Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Dragon Tail
- Dragon Pulse
- Aura Sphere

Genesect @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 248 Atk / 8 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature
- U-turn
- Blaze Kick
- Explosion
- Iron Head

Arceus @ Silk Scarf
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Atk / 56 Spd
Adamant Nature
- ExtremeSpeed
- Swords Dance
- Recover
- Shadow Claw

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)