1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. Ever find yourself missing out on the latest Smogon articles? We've now got a subscription service, so the newest articles (of your choice) are delivered right to your inbox! Check it out here.

New Dex Up - Post Bugs Here

Discussion in 'Sixth Generation Contributions' started by ryan, Jul 2, 2014.

1. ryan

ryan master i have failed sss
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
    NU Co-Leader

Hi! Our new dex is up. Check it out here: http://www.smogon.com/dex/

Post any bugs you find here. Make sure that what you post is a bug and not a complaint. Direct all actual complaints to user Birkal.

The dex is still in its preliminary stages, so many complaints you might have will likely be fixed in the near future. Make sure you read the FAQ on the first page before asking any questions. Thanks!
    Muk likes this.
  2. En Passant

En Passant

For Abilities, it actually is relevant which Ability is the Hidden one because there are incompatibilities with previous gens, like Poison Heal + Defog Gliscor. There's a second Abilities column anyway, might as well use it for something specific.
  3. Impossible Wrath

Impossible Wrath

for me, the hoopa-unbound analysis isn't working
  4. OP

OP
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

Dex analyses currently don't export IVs. This is pretty significant in LC because pokemon with Life Orb want to get to 19 HP by lowering their IVs so they only take one recoil damage and when the IVs aren't exported many of them stay at 20/21 HP and take double the damage they need to. I see a lot of newer users taking sets directly from the analyses and not knowing they should change their IVs so if this was fixed that'd be cool n_n!
  5. GatoDelFuego

GatoDelFuego クレイジー騒々しい奇怪な猫
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributor

Is there any way to edit dex data? I would assume not using the scms. There are several cases where a Pokemon's hidden ability is swapped with its original ability, or the first two abilities contain the hidden and the hidden is one of the originals. This probably is due to them being in alphabetical order. Can anybody but chaos alter the data? Cause otherwise we can get full list of these and fix them all at once.
  6. P Squared

P Squared like a flower in the summer
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributor

cmon firecat, did you even take the Site Staff test

you can edit dex info here

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

but looking at the green boxes, it's pretty safe to say the abilities are automatically alphabetized (Rock Head --> Reckless in yaml, Reckless --> Rock Head on dex), so it's not something that you and I can change.
    Sobi, talkingtree and Rhythms like this.
  7. GatoDelFuego

GatoDelFuego クレイジー騒々しい奇怪な猫

Ok I was under the impression that column 2 of the dex is the "hidden ability" (which strangely for a majority of Pokemon it is), probably because the second column usually is centered vertically between the left column's two rows. Is there a way to make it so the row of the second column aligns with the first row of the left column? I currently read the abilities as

1. Adaptability
    .........................3. Rock Head
    2. Mold Breaker

Not

1. Adaptability
    ..........................2. Rock Head
    3. Mold Breaker

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)