1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

New Mascot Polling Thread

Discussion in 'Inside Poop - April Fool's Day 2011' started by Great Sage, Feb 25, 2011.

1. Great Sage

Great Sage

This will be the standard bold vote. Vote for three. All three votes will be weighted equally. Remember that branding is extremely important nowadays, and that your vote could decide whether Smogon thrives or sinks into obsolescence.
    Sample vote:
    Show Hide

Ekans
    Koffing
    Meowth

Below is a summary of the options, along with a brief description of the arguments for each choice.

Weezing: Weezing, as the evolved form of Koffing, symbolizes how Smogon has grown over the years, from a tight-knit, unitary community to what amounts to a federal state, with numerous discrete sections. However, Weezing also represents the ultimate unity of all of said discrete units.

Chingling: Chingling offers an environmentally friendly alternative to the belching poison blowhard that is Weezing. It is cheerful and innocent, but has immense promise. It can simultaneously use Future Sight to gaze into our destiny, and Wish to pray for a better future. Like our current mascot, Koffing, it Levitates.

Garchomp: Garchomp is a manly and competitively viable Pokemon. This is especially important for a website that prides itself on competitive battling. Besides, Garchomp has a cool German name. However, according to its Pokedex entries, Garchomp can inadvertently destroy trees when running at top speed.

Celebi: Celebi takes the environmentalist theme even further: it not only does not destroy the environment, but also can heal forests that are damaged by pollution or disasters. It even travels through time to heal forests that might have been and forests that could be. As a bonus, Celebi is the only Pokemon among these we are sure has not already been taken by another major Pokemon website.

Sawsbuck: Sawsbuck lives in nature and adapts to nature's changes, since its forms conform to the seasons. One difficulty if we choose Sawsbuck is that we must decide whether we follow the boreal or the australial seasons, and produce art for all four seasons.

Suicune: Suicune specializes in water purification; indeed, it can make polluted water clean simply by touching it. It proactively travels around the world, locating filthy water and purifying it, indicating a high degree of environmental concern. It is competitively viable, as well.

Terrakion: Terrakion the third competitively viable Pokemon in this list. According to its Pokedex entry, it protects Pokemon whose habitats have been destroyed by human conflict. This is a highly desirable trait, since it reveals both humanitarianism and environmentalism.

Excadrill: Excadrill is competitively viable, and, some would say, the most relevant Pokemon in the fifth generation OU metagame. Its extremely close association with Sandstorm, however, is detrimental, since it embodies desertification, a great threat to Australia, the Pampas, and the Sahel, among other places.

Wooper:

Grimer: Grimer is filthy, disgusting, and altogether contrary to the "green" theme. However, its overall coolness completely makes up for its negative traits, and more. Both its English and its German name have six letters, the same number as Smogon.

Pidove: Pidove is very similar to Chingling. It shares the ability to Wish for a better future, but is also extraordinarily manly with its Big Pecks. Pidove also has Super Luck in its Rivalries, perhaps helping Smogon gain an edge against other Pokemon websites. Its German name is also very cool.
  2. Seven Deadly Sins

Seven Deadly Sins ~hallelujah~
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Celebi
    Celebi
    Celebi
  3. Elevator Music

Elevator Music
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Syclant
    Revenankh
    Pyroak
  4. little gk

little gk <Birkal> I will quit everything I do on smogon
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

sawsbuck
    terrakion
    celebi
  5. v

v a cosmic hiccup shrieking "i exist,"
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
    ULTRA Moderator

isn't the motto "Pokemon on the Internet: Let's Make it Happen"?

what better mascot to that end than Porygon
  6. whistle

whistle
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

GARCHOMP
    GARCHOMP
    GARCHOMP
  7. jrrrrrrr

jrrrrrrr wubwubwub
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Wooper
    Wooper
    Jrrrrrrrama

and I believe you left out Wooper's description. It's to symbolize Smogon's strength
  8. undisputed

undisputed
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis Smogon Frontier's Frontier Lackeyis a Past WCoP Winner

9. Bad Ass

Bad Ass hello ruby in the dust
    is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winneris the 2nd Grand Slam Winner

I vote for the bane of Justinawe's existence:

[​IMG]
  10. Umbreon Dan

Umbreon Dan 〉λ=
    is a CAP Contributor Alumnus

celebi
    umbreon
    weezing
  11. jumpluff

jumpluff princess
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

I would say Garchomp, but you all banned him so evidently unworthy

Shaymin
    Shaymin
    Shaymin
  12. Snorlaxe

Snorlaxe 2 kawaii 4 u
    is a Contributor Alumnus

weezing
    weezing
    weezing

looks like koffing's all grown up....
  13. Chou Toshio

Chou Toshio @Fighting Necktie
    is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

TERRAKION
    GARCHOMP

WOOPER-- At the very least, it's better to have a mascot that looks like a dildo
  14. az

az I DON'T NEED A MAN
    is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

chingling chingling chingling

[​IMG]
  15. PK Gaming

PK Gaming Pursuing My True Self
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

Garchomp
    Garchomp
    Garchomp
  16. monkfish

monkfish what are birds?
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

celebi celebi celebi celebi

thats right. 4 votes. what you gonna do about it?
  17. Firestorm

Firestorm I did my best, I have no regrets!
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

abstaining from this shit until I see a worthwhile choice
    Pokemon #004
  18. Darkmalice

Darkmalice Like a facepalm, but better
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributor

Wooper
    Wooper
    Wooper

He's cute. Much cuter than Celebi; it's an onion for god's sake.
  19. Dubulous

Dubulous I look just like Buddy Holly.
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Weezing
    Wartortle
    Whiscash

Suck it Great Sage, I'll vote for who I want to. I'm not going to conform to your stupid ideals.
  20. uraga

uraga Walking the streets with you in your worn-out jeans
    is a Contributor Alumnus

BO$$ DAWG
    [​IMG]
  21. Chou Toshio

Chou Toshio @Fighting Necktie
    is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Bullshit

Show Hide
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

:/
  22. Oglemi

Oglemi QUOTE DATABASE SLAYER, TIK SLAYER, going down the list
    is a Tournament Directoris a member of the Site Staffis a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris an Administratoris a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
    C&C Leader

Grimer (suck it Koffing)
    Wooper (D'awwww)
    Sawsbuck (Cuz it's boss like sauce and a buck) (Yes I do pronounce it sauce-buck)
  23. reyscarface

reyscarface
    is a Tiering Contributoris Smogon Frontier's Tower Tycoondefeated the Smogon Frontier

[​IMG]

i vote digras
  24. Cyrrona

Cyrrona starlet
    is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

pecks on earth; goodwill toward men

Celebi and Chingling are pretty cool too.

edit: almost forgot the obligatory bold text
  25. LonelyNess

LonelyNess PK FLASH
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Celebi
    Celebi
    Celebi

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)