1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

New Mascot Polling Thread

Discussion in 'Inside Poop - April Fool's Day 2011' started by Great Sage, Feb 25, 2011.

1. billymills

billymills
    is a Forum Moderator

this
  2. Colonel M

Colonel M I don't suck it's my team that sucks!
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon

Garchomp
    Muk
    Weezing

Fuck the environment.
  3. ShinyAzelf

ShinyAzelf
    is a Battle Server Moderatoris a Contributor Alumnus

Suicune
    Suicune
    Suicune

Show Hide

Or how about

Shiny Azelf
    Shiny Azelf
    Shiny Azelf

???

4. Alchemator

Alchemator my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Celebi

It was difficult to make the second choice, but in the end it just had to be

Celebi

and for third choice I choose

Celebi
  5. M Dragon

M Dragon The north wind
    is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 17 Champion

Garchomp
    Garchomp
    Garchomp
  6. jc104

jc104 Humblest person ever
    is a Contributor to Smogon

Celebi
    Celebi
    Celebi

The logic doesn't lie.

edit: Reachzero you are right how could we forget AFRO BULL!!! Bouffalant Bouffalant Bouffalant Bouffalant Bouffalant. 8 votes who cares.
  7. SOMALIA

SOMALIA The King
    is a Contributor Alumnus

[​IMG]
    Obviously Celebi, Celebi and Celebi is the bestest, it can prevent smogon from paying pollution charges.
  8. Ciele

Ciele
    is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a GS1 Winner

Couldn't agree more with this.
  9. Swaggersaurus

Swaggersaurus I DON'T NEED A MAN
    is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

can we have digras added to the poll?
  10. reachzero

reachzero the pastor of disaster
    is a CAP Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Excadrill
    Excadrill
    Excadrill

Absolutely nothing says "I"m an elitist colored gentleman that is absolutely prepared to curbstomp your laughably weak in-game team of NUs like the inelegant overweight white fellow you are." quite like Excadrill. And that is exactly what Smogon is and should be. Well, maybe Bouffalant, but for some dumb reason that isn't an option.
  11. capefeather

capefeather YOU CAN'T STOP ROB
    is a Forum Moderatoris a CAP Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Celebi
    Excadrill
    Bouffalant

Celebi is the best mon for this, clearly. Sorry, I'm a sucker for time-travelling plant fairies and I can't believe that this hasn't been done sooner. It's a no-brainer. But if it doesn't come to pass, I'll easily go with Excadrill for pretty much the same reason reach posted. Also IT HAS DRILLS FOR HANDS WTF!!!!! Finally, it's pretty obvious that the OP just forgot to put Bouffalant in. I mean, come on.
  12. darkie

darkie mfw i see alison brie
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon IRC AOPis a Super Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Public Relations

wooper
    wooper
    celebii
    garchomp
  13. EspyJoel

EspyJoel Espy <3
    is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Espeon
    Wooper
    Celebi
  14. Zystral

Zystral めんどくさい、な~
    is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Excadrill
    Celebi
    Spider-Riding Creeper
  15. darkie

darkie mfw i see alison brie
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon IRC AOPis a Super Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Public Relations

if we can't come up with a final new mascot, i propose we start a contest in Smeargle's Studio to create a hybrid sprite of the top three when the poll is over.
  16. Erazor

Erazor ✓ Just Doug It
    is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Philip7086
    Celebi
    Garchomp
  17. Fatecrashers

Fatecrashers acta est fabula
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Celebi
    Celebi
    Celebi

if our mascot could be a three-headed celebi that would be most excellent
  18. panamaxis

panamaxis Allons-y!
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winneris a SPL Winner

CELEBI
    CELEBI
    Jhon Lolong
  19. Stallion

Stallion Killing is my business, and business is good!
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

Celebi - The time travel pokemon signifies that we as a website will continue to be present and stand the test of time. It's a great metaphor, and I'm surprised no other prominent pokemon site has taken it as of yet.

Tyranitar - Nothing says "fuck you" to the environment like a Tyranitar. Seriously, this bad ass changes entire landscapes when its pissed off, it fucking knocks down mountains with its fists just to make a nest and buries rivers for fun, and it picks fights just to show everyone who's the boss. Nothing embodies our elitist site like "we will fucking destroy the competition if they annoy us" like a Tyranitar.

Afrobull - It has a signature move called AFRO BREAK! If that isn't deserving of mascot status, I don't know what is. I guess it loses cool points though for being a Herbivore when it's bad ass enough to eat whatever the fuck it likes.
  20. david stone

david stone Fast-moving, smart, sexy and alarming.
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Hold on just a second. Are we going to require a 2/3 supermajority to make this change? I think we should because if we keep our current mascot, people will still be angry about it so we'll have more time to discuss a new mascot in the future. If we make a change, however, people will be timid and stick with what might be an inferior mascot. I don't think people have sufficiently proven any other mascot superior, and as such, I have to make my vote:

Koffing
    Mewtwo
  21. Wichu

Wichu ACUPRESSURE
    is a Pokemon Researcher

Celebi
    Wooper
    Chingling
    Let's do it, Smogon Celebi/Felino/Klingplim! Klingplim.com does have a nice ring to it...
  22. icepick

icepick she brings the rain
    is an Artist

Chingling
    Chingling
    Chingling

They've probably never even heard of it.
  23. hanke

hanke
    won the 6th Official Smogon Tournament

Suicune
    Terrakion
    Chingling
  24. Crux

Crux Resident Privilege Checker
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Celebi
    Celebi
    Celebi
  25. Atticus

Atticus Atticus
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnuswon the 10th Official Smogon Tournamentis a SPL Winnerdefeated the Smogon Frontier

[​IMG]

Athough 108 base HP may seem like a lot, very very few garchomps use it to it's max potional basically eleminating the possible of '101 subs' which means that it cant block attacks as well as other things, like Jirachi can while its behind a sub.

[​IMG]

ATTACK
    BASE: 130
    I have to addmit 130 base ATTACK is a whooper, but many other pokemon such as Tyranitar, Dragonite, and Slaking have way more attacking power than this thing, and none of those have even been close to be considered banned. Secondaly Garchomp shares this attack base with many pokemon such as Ursaring, Kingler and Absol all of which are in the UU teir!

[​IMG]

DEFENSE
    BASE: 95
    Garchomps 95 base DEFENSE may seem indimating, but if you think about it garchomp never uses any defense EVs. Also 95 isn't that much considering it barely makes the top 100 on Serebii's defense teir http://serebii.net/pokedex-dp/stat/defense.shtml actually its the very last pokemon on the list! And add in the fact that stuff like chainchomp use a -def nature!​

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)