New Megas in OR/AS

With the advent of new games in the series, even remakes, there is bound to be a lot of new material. It can be simple things like new move tutors or more available legendaries, or it can be big things like new forms of existing pokemon. The purpose of the thread is to discuss the newly announced mega evolutions of existing pokemon, to be in Omega Ruby and Alpha Saphire, confirmed by a reliable source (smogon, bulbapedia, serebii). I used this source here. Please don't discuss unconfirmed / speculated megas here.
Mega Sceptile
Mega Swampert
Mega Slowbro
Mega Sableye
Mega Salamence (May I just say that there are a lot that begin with 'S')
Mega Altaria
Mega Metagross
Mega Lopunny
Mega Audino
Mega Diancie

One last thing; if you post a move set, use it's current move pool in X and Y please.

Last edited:
I think Mega Sceptile will become a new staple as the Grass-Type on Rain Teams. Rotom-Wash, a Pokemon that rain teams don't particularly enjoy dealing with, is hard countered by Sceptile and players will be hesitant to even use Electric moves, even if it's not on the field. It also 4x resists Grass, another troubling type for Rain teams. Although it doesn't have the rain-boosted STAB that Ludicolo has, it does have great speed and a typing that takes out most of the threats to the standard rain team archetype.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
I think Mega Sceptile will become a new staple as the Grass-Type on Rain Teams. Rotom-Wash, a Pokemon that rain teams don't particularly enjoy dealing with, is hard countered by Sceptile and players will be hesitant to even use Electric moves, even if it's not on the field. It also 4x resists Grass, another troubling type for Rain teams. Although it doesn't have the rain-boosted STAB that Ludicolo has, it does have great speed and a typing that takes out most of the threats to the standard rain team archetype.
Im not so certain about this. Yes, it's better than Ludicolo in a lot of ways, but then you'll have to find a non-mega Steel, which doesn't strike me as an easy task.

The mega that excites me most on this list is megagross, some competition for scizor as a balanced offense attacker with Steel's great resists. The one i'm most worried about is Mence: aerilate hyper voices.

Im not so certain about this. Yes, it's better than Ludicolo in a lot of ways, but then you'll have to find a non-mega Steel, which doesn't strike me as an easy task.

The mega that excites me most on this list is megagross, some competition for scizor as a balanced offense attacker with Steel's great resists. The one i'm most worried about is Mence: aerilate hyper voices.
Let's just all be glad that we won't be seeing Aerilate Hyper Beams or Giga Impacts anytime soon! ...At least in this Gen, maybe. <_<

BLOOD TOTEM

braine damaged
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Mega Lopunny is cool because it now has un-resisted STAB coverage in Normal / Fighting thanks to its ability Scrappy. It also gets a nifty support option in Encore which is really useful to lock Pokemon into moves such as Protect and Substitute.

I'll probably update this post with thoughts on other megas as they come to me.

Here's my opinion on all of them.

Mega Sceptile
Very interesting. Unique typing, good ability and the ability to run both physical and special movesets (although that might change depending on its stats). I agree that it absolutely crushes Rotom-W, but I'd say it has more of a niche against rain, mostly for the same reasons it's so good vs rotom-w (4x resists water, immune to Electric).

Mega Swampert
First good physical Swift Swimmer. Super-fast EQ/Waterfall is really nice, a welcome option for rain teams, although probably still outclassed by Kingdra/Ludicolo.

Mega Slowbro
Probably gonna be pretty bad. Even with the stat boosts, a fairly useless ability and subpar defensive typing isn't looking so good for it. It'll still be decent at setting up Trick Room though.

Mega Sableye
Lower speed, increased defense, only 1 weakness and Magic Bounce? Sounds like one hell of a Trick Room setter. I think a set of Fake Out/WoW/Trick Room/Foul Play could be really strong.

Mega Salamence
Dear lord this thing is good. Draco Meteor/Heat Wave/Hyper Voice/Protect wrecks the whole tier.

Mega Altaria
Pretty much the same as Mega Gardevoir, probably higher Spe and lower SpA. Dragon/Fairy and Psychic/Fairy have similar coverage, so it'll probably come down to the rest of your team.

Mega Metagross
Pretty cool, has Clear Body to deal with intimidate switch-ins and the ever-formidable Tough Claws. Apparently it's getting boosts to every stat except HP, and it's getting a big boost in speed, so I can see this being a huge threat in the tier.

Mega Lopunny
With Scrappy it gets perfect coverage, it lacks Close Combat however. It also has access to the elemental punches which is pretty nice. A set of Return/Drain Punch/Ice Punch/Protect is its best bet IMO.

Mega Audino
Meh. Healer as an ability and decent defensive stats are all it has, maybe it'd be ok as a regular pokemon but as a Mega it's just disappointing.

Mega Diancie
Although it lacks Sableye's typing, it also has low speed, Magic Bounce and Trick Room to take advantage of. If it gets an attack boost, Diamond Storm could be pretty scary.

also some of these design choices are really strange

Slowbro looks like it's in a parody of Jaws and why the fuck is Salamence a UFO

I'm pretty excited for a few of these megas, particularly Salamence and Lopunny. I've used both of these pokemon competitively, (even though Lopunny is a niche set) and Salamence has always been my favorite dragon, so I'm hoping it's new mega launches it back into aggressive contention for OU usage. With intimidate from it's base form and a higher DEF, mega 'Mence is looking pretty good to me, not to mention that aerilate hyper voices will hit like a truck. Lopunny's new fighting type and scrappy give it perfect neutral STAB coverage, which is great, but I'm not sure if it's going to have the power necessary to back that up, only time will tell. After those two, I'm wondering if Mega Slowbro is gonna be any good... it kind of looks like it might end up with Mega Banette in the bottom of the mega barrel. I've always liked Slowbro, so I'm hoping I'm wrong on this, but it doesn't look like it's gonna be worth a mega slot on any teams other than maybe rain-rooms, which puts it basically in the same wheelhouse as normal Slowbro, only without access to leftovers.

Anyway, I have to admit that the thing I'm most hoping for in ORAS are not a bunch of new megas, but rather move tutors, with at least the moves from the BW2 tutors, so we can stop needing to transfer pokes to get their full movesets. I'm sure I'm not alone in this, as people without pokebank are at a HUGE disadvantage in the XY competitive game right now.

All in all though, ORAS are already looking to be bringing a lot of cool new toys to the game, can't wait till November!

Ice type is a great offensive type, and Sceptile gets completely wrecked by all ice moves accept maybe machamps HP ice. It will be a great rain offensive supporter, but you will need to be cautious against many special attackers. Rotom-Wash may start running HP ice over WoW / protect /electroweb. I personally would prefer swampert on my rain teams, because rain has few good physical attackers.

Darkmalice

Level 3
is a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Here's my opinion on all of them.
Mega Sceptile
Very interesting. Unique typing, good ability and the ability to run both physical and special movesets (although that might change depending on its stats). I agree that it absolutely crushes Rotom-W, but I'd say it has more of a niche against rain, mostly for the same reasons it's so good vs rotom-w (4x resists water, immune to Electric).

Mega Swampert
First good physical Swift Swimmer. Super-fast EQ/Waterfall is really nice, a welcome option for rain teams, although probably still outclassed by Kingdra/Ludicolo.

Mega Slowbro
Probably gonna be pretty bad. Even with the stat boosts, a fairly useless ability and subpar defensive typing isn't looking so good for it. It'll still be decent at setting up Trick Room though.

Mega Sableye
Lower speed, increased defense, only 1 weakness and Magic Bounce? Sounds like one hell of a Trick Room setter. I think a set of Fake Out/WoW/Trick Room/Foul Play could be really strong.

Mega Salamence
Dear lord this thing is good. Draco Meteor/Heat Wave/Hyper Voice/Protect wrecks the whole tier.

Mega Altaria
Pretty much the same as Mega Gardevoir, probably higher Spe and lower SpA. Dragon/Fairy and Psychic/Fairy have similar coverage, so it'll probably come down to the rest of your team.

Mega Metagross
Pretty cool, has Clear Body to deal with intimidate switch-ins and the ever-formidable Tough Claws. Apparently it's getting boosts to every stat except HP, and it's getting a big boost in speed, so I can see this being a huge threat in the tier.

Mega Lopunny
With Scrappy it gets perfect coverage, it lacks Close Combat however. It also has access to the elemental punches which is pretty nice. A set of Return/Drain Punch/Ice Punch/Protect is its best bet IMO.

Mega Audino
Meh. Healer as an ability and decent defensive stats are all it has, maybe it'd be ok as a regular pokemon but as a Mega it's just disappointing.

Mega Diancie
Although it lacks Sableye's typing, it also has low speed, Magic Bounce and Trick Room to take advantage of. If it gets an attack boost, Diamond Storm could be pretty scary.O
Mega Diancie is reportedly getting a huge boost in Speed, which is sad for the Mega that least wants to get Speed. Very sad for a Pokemon who would otherwise be great for setting up Trick Room - Magic Bounce is a fantastic ability for a TR settler; reflect Taunt, Spore, and Encore, all moves that TR users hate.

And on that topic, Sableye sadly does not get Trick Room - it would have been a great user of it.

Mega Audino may be a good user of TR due to it's strong typing - a Fairy-type that is also immune to Ghost-type attacks, which means it resists or is immune to all the same types that Cresselia is weak against. It also has a strong supportive movepool, and of course Healer is designed for Doubles. It will be largely dependent on it stats gain though.

I agree with Mega Slowbro probably being a disappointment. It will depend on the stats, though I feel that with the burden of losing a useful ability, it'll be hard to justify the Mega slot to it.

Also it looks like Mega Salamence will be extremely good. Try comparing a DD set to Mega Zard X. It has Aerialte Return and Double Edge which outdamages Zard-X's Tough Claws Flare Blitz unless it's losing Atk with its Mega evo, and it has Intimidate in its pre-mega set to give it effectively better bulk before setting up even without the reported Defence boost it's getting. DD, Return / Double Edge (Return probably will be better), Dragon Claw and Protect. It just needs teammates to handle Steel-types and weaken Rotom. And it can also become a strong special attacker with Aerilate Hyper Voice and it's normal movepool which can handle Steel-types. It'll be very difficult to handle, especially before it reveals its moveset.

And Metagross might become popular again in Doubles too!

Mega Diancie is reportedly getting a huge boost in Speed, which is sad for the Mega that least wants to get Speed. Very sad for a Pokemon who would otherwise be great for setting up Trick Room - Magic Bounce is a fantastic ability for a TR settler; reflect Taunt, Spore, and Encore, all moves that TR users hate.
Well Diancie is also getting notable offense boosts, and reduced defenses, that would just mean they are aiming for a more offensive variant than the Bulky/tank attacker it is right now. I think it would be interesting at the very least in that it will play quite differently from its base form, and with +700 BST it should still be rather scary. That said movepool...

Fangame10

DOU Master of Snow-based Trick Room teams
is a Tiering Contributor
I'm excited for mega Altaria mostly, it has a pretty good typing and I heard it's getting an atk boost making it a powerful return user with pixelate, also it's like the best counter to the possible S-ranked threat mega Salamance. also, COTTTTTOOOOOOOON SO MUCH COTTON :DDDD

As for Sceptile, I think its worth noting we might see Rotom-W run HP Ice (and more SpD) because of it. It will definitely be getting a nice chunk of use though (I'm calling DD Gyarados + Sceptile cores right now that sounds horrifying).

I think Sableye is one of the underhyped megas. Its high physical bulk will make it a very efficient Kangaskhan check, especially since it has WoW (w/ +1 priority before Mega Evolving). It also packs a lot of other support options, including Fake Out, Feint, Taunt, Helping Hand, and Icy Wind (agreeing it would like TR tho; banking on event TR Sableye y/y?). It will also have more SpA so its quite possible a Dark Pulse or Shadow Ball will pack a punch (also Calm Mind Sableye may be a thing but with all the Hyper Voice I'm not really sure yet).

Mence will obv be great (Aerilate Hyper Voice as Pwnemon said), so there's not much to be said there.

Lopunny I'm not so hopeful for. While its typing and ability grants it perfect coverage, it seems like it will lack bulk and is weak to Mach Punches and Flying-moves in general (Talonflame is gonna get popular again because of Sceptile and Lopunny y/y?; also Lopunny will probably struggle against Salamence and the various Fairy Hyper Voice users). It definitely is a welcomed option for Kangaskhan, however.

Altaria seems quite interesting. Before it Mega Evolves it can pack the ability Cloud Nine, which means it would actually be a legit option for weather matchups while also being able to do work against teams w/o weather thanks to its handy Mega Evolution. It also has a great advantage over other Hyper Voice users in that it can provide its own support via Tailwind (yeah this thing might actually be pretty dang good), and the fact it packs some nice coverage options for Steel-types (Heat Wave, Fire Blast, Earthquake if a physical variant potentially). Needless to say Heatran has a lot of new friends to attempt to wall (not sure how sucessful that will be tho, as Sceptile can run Focus Blast and both Dragons pack access to EQ).

Metagross's strength will very likely bank on what its speed will hit. If it manages to surpass 100 (which I am skeptical about) it will be amazing. If it hits like 95 or something it won't be as amazing, but it will still beat Heatran, Rotom-W, etc. I've actually ran some calcs w/o an Attack boost (which it will have) as I am pretty hyped for this thing:
252+ Atk Tough Claws Metagross Hammer Arm vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Kangaskhan: 326-384 (92.8 - 109.4%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Tough Claws Metagross Hammer Arm vs. 180 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 312-368 (84.7 - 100%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Tough Claws Metagross Zen Headbutt vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Rotom-W: 186-219 (61.1 - 72%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
-1 252+ Atk Tough Claws Metagross Ice Punch vs. 44 HP / 0 Def Landorus-T: 360-428 (109 - 129.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Tough Claws Metagross Iron Head vs. 244 HP / 192 Def Togekiss: 338-398 (90.8 - 106.9%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO

Obv the moveset could go a lot of directions so I'm interested to see which will become the most popular

I'm going to do something similar to Deoxymoron and give my opinions on all of them :]

Mega Sceptile:
Lightningrod is a really nice ability for re-directing Electric attacks. This would be especially helpful on Rain, where many Pokemon are Electric weak. Pwnemon did bring up a good point about the lack of a Steel-type Mega, though Escavalier, Aegislash, and a few others could take there place.

Mega Swampert:
Another Pokemon that would work well on Rain, Swampert would be able to bring something that no other physical Swift Swim user has brought before; bulk. This will allow Mega Swampert to function as a physical tank while also being extremely fast, firing off powerful Earthquakes and Waterfalls. The problem is that Ludicolo would still be the optimal choice in most situations, as it means

Mega Slowbro:
If this thing's ability has been confirmed, then I haven't heard about it, but something tells me it won't be keeping Oblivious. No Oblivious means vulnerable to Taunt, and vulnerable to Taunt means outclassed.

Mega Sableye:

Magic Bounce is a great ability, but unfortunately, Mega Sableye doesn't have any field moves to really make it work. Hopefully they'll give it Trick Room like they gave Heracross Bullet Seed, because Fake Out + Magic Bounce + Trick Room + Prankster pre-Mega Evolution = <3

Mega Salamence:

With Intimidate for its base forme, Aerilate, and a most likely sky-high Attack stat, this will most likely be a very powerful setup sweeper. Amoonguss can redirect attacks so this can set up, and even if it wasn't out on the field, Intimidate will really help it better take attacks. I don't think anything would enjoy taking a +1 Return, lol.

Mega Altaria:
This thing seems very similar to Salamence except without Intimidate and most likely not as fast / powerful. What it does have, however, is an overall better defensive typing and most likely more natural bulk. While this thing will have some competition, I can definitely seeing it having a strong niche :]

Mega Metagross:

Two weaknesses to two of the most common spread moves and lack of Clear Body will make this thing a little annoying to use. To be honest, I think this thing will be as good as its Speed increases; if it goes to like 110, expect a monster, but if it's only to like 90 then I feel like Mega Mawile and Mega Scizor will just be better Steel-type choices overall. Reduced Knock Off damage is nice though n_n

Mega Lopunny:
Ehh, I don't know. Really Will-O-Wisp and Intimidate vulnerable, and faces a hell of a lot of competition from Mega Kangaskhan. Being able to hit Ghost-types with both its STABs is really nice, though. Also, this thing better get Close Combat, or it'll probably be worthless lol.

Mega Audino:
Basically seems like Chansey 2.0. Without any increase in its offensive stats, this will probably be another passive mon which isn't usable in Doubles.

Mega Diancie:
I haven't really heard much about this thing, and I know even less about how its base forme preforms right now, lol. I've heard from the Doubles chat that its typing is pretty shit, so that kinda sucks :/ I guess I'd have to know what stats are getting buffed to know what opinion to form on it.

Ya'll are hyped for Hyper Voice Mence but I'm sitting here like:

DD MegaMence with Double-Edge, Dragon Claw and EQ.

Bitch get rekt.

Not only that but beybladeMegaBro will be bulky af, which I'm interested in.

Also MegaCloud will be the shit

I'm going to do something similar to Deoxymoron and give my opinions on all of them :]

Mega Sceptile:
Lightningrod is a really nice ability for re-directing Electric attacks. This would be especially helpful on Rain, where many Pokemon are Electric weak. Pwnemon did bring up a good point about the lack of a Steel-type Mega, though Escavalier, Aegislash, and a few others could take there place.

Mega Swampert:
Another Pokemon that would work well on Rain, Swampert would be able to bring something that no other physical Swift Swim user has brought before; bulk. This will allow Mega Swampert to function as a physical tank while also being extremely fast, firing off powerful Earthquakes and Waterfalls. The problem is that Ludicolo would still be the optimal choice in most situations, as it means

Mega Slowbro:
If this thing's ability has been confirmed, then I haven't heard about it, but something tells me it won't be keeping Oblivious. No Oblivious means vulnerable to Taunt, and vulnerable to Taunt means outclassed.
Mega Sableye:
Magic Bounce is a great ability, but unfortunately, Mega Sableye doesn't have any field moves to really make it work. Hopefully they'll give it Trick Room like they gave Heracross Bullet Seed, because Fake Out + Magic Bounce + Trick Room + Prankster pre-Mega Evolution = <3
Mega Salamence:
With Intimidate for its base forme, Aerilate, and a most likely sky-high Attack stat, this will most likely be a very powerful setup sweeper. Amoonguss can redirect attacks so this can set up, and even if it wasn't out on the field, Intimidate will really help it better take attacks. I don't think anything would enjoy taking a +1 Return, lol.

Mega Altaria:
This thing seems very similar to Salamence except without Intimidate and most likely not as fast / powerful. What it does have, however, is an overall better defensive typing and most likely more natural bulk. While this thing will have some competition, I can definitely seeing it having a strong niche :]
Mega Metagross:
Two weaknesses to two of the most common spread moves and lack of Clear Body will make this thing a little annoying to use. To be honest, I think this thing will be as good as its Speed increases; if it goes to like 110, expect a monster, but if it's only to like 90 then I feel like Mega Mawile and Mega Scizor will just be better Steel-type choices overall. Reduced Knock Off damage is nice though n_n

Mega Lopunny:
Ehh, I don't know. Really Will-O-Wisp and Intimidate vulnerable, and faces a hell of a lot of competition from Mega Kangaskhan. Being able to hit Ghost-types with both its STABs is really nice, though. Also, this thing better get Close Combat, or it'll probably be worthless lol.

Mega Audino:
Basically seems like Chansey 2.0. Without any increase in its offensive stats, this will probably be another passive mon which isn't usable in Doubles.

Mega Diancie:
I haven't really heard much about this thing, and I know even less about how its base forme preforms right now, lol. I've heard from the Doubles chat that its typing is pretty shit, so that kinda sucks :/ I guess I'd have to know what stats are getting buffed to know what opinion to form on it.
Just a tip: i saw on your mega sabelye comments that you were hyped about prankster/trick room. If you were thinking that'll give trick room priority, think again: trick room has -6 priority, so prankster will get it to -5, equally worthless. You'll still always go last. Not sure if that's what you were actually suggesting or not, but it seemed that way from the way i read it. If you were only mentioning trick room for after you mega and get magic bounce, then yes, that would be a good ability to prevent getting taunted setting it up. But just FYI for anyone out there who might get the wrong impression: trick room/prankster DOES NOT WORK!

Just a tip: i saw on your mega sabelye comments that you were hyped about prankster/trick room. If you were thinking that'll give trick room priority, think again: trick room has -6 priority, so prankster will get it to -5, equally worthless. You'll still always go last. Not sure if that's what you were actually suggesting or not, but it seemed that way from the way i read it. If you were only mentioning trick room for after you mega and get magic bounce, then yes, that would be a good ability to prevent getting taunted setting it up. But just FYI for anyone out there who might get the wrong impression: trick room/prankster DOES NOT WORK!
Oh, sorry, that's not what I meant! It was more along the lines of if your opponent didn't have a Taunt / Sleep Powder / etc user out, you could stay as normal Sableye and use Prankster to spread Will-O-Wisps. If they did, you'd then have the option to Mega Evolve, bounce back those things, and reliably set up Trick Room :]

Hope that makes sense, haha :]

Oh, sorry, that's not what I meant! It was more along the lines of if your opponent didn't have a Taunt / Sleep Powder / etc user out, you could stay as normal Sableye and use Prankster to spread Will-O-Wisps. If they did, you'd then have the option to Mega Evolve, bounce back those things, and reliably set up Trick Room :]

Hope that makes sense, haha :]
I kind of figured you were going for something more along those lines; but I just wanted to make absolutely sure that no one tried a prankster/trick room set, because they'd REALLY be in for a bad time when they realized that didn't work. But yeah, that kind of set would be a really good way to provide status support that can instantly switch to status defense, which would be a really effective combo all in one pokemon.

One thing I really wish we knew was their base stats. What will mega swampert's speed be? Will it be better with the doubling from rain or under trick room? It's design looks like it will be very slow. What about metagross's speed? I agree with the idea that it will need at least base 101 speed to be not worthless. Out of all of them, I'm most interested in Mega-Audino. If it gets the right base stat increases, it could be nearly on par with cresselia. I can almost guarantee that it will be either E rank or A rank, entirely depending in it's stats. Does Lopunny get fake out? If it does, then it may have a niche of being a (hopefully) decently powerful ghost faker-outer. Altairia will be great if it keeps a similar balanced stat spread because you won't know weather it is running a physical or a special set until you face it.

I kind of figured you were going for something more along those lines; but I just wanted to make absolutely sure that no one tried a prankster/trick room set, because they'd REALLY be in for a bad time when they realized that didn't work. But yeah, that kind of set would be a really good way to provide status support that can instantly switch to status defense, which would be a really effective combo all in one pokemon.
Remember though, you cannot undo mega evolving mid battle so you have to be very careful with the timing of the mega evolution.

Edit @ LughtningLuxary: yeah, I didn't think of it that way. But healer is a definitely good niche. And as I said; it is also really up to the base stats (for all of them). My excitement was due to how it could be really good, or really bad. It. Aye be an option on a bulky team that already uses a psychic or ghost type and doesn't really want to compound it's weakness.

Last edited:
One thing I really wish we knew was their base stats. What will mega swampert's speed be? Will it be better with the doubling from rain or under trick room? It's design looks like it will be very slow. What about metagross's speed? I agree with the idea that it will need at least base 101 speed to be not worthless. Out of all of them, I'm most interested in Mega-Audino. If it gets the right base stat increases, it could be nearly on par with cresselia. I can almost guarantee that it will be either E rank or A rank, entirely depending in it's stats. Does Lopunny get fake out? If it does, then it may have a niche of being a (hopefully) decently powerful ghost faker-outer. Altairia will be great if it keeps a similar balanced stat spread because you won't know weather it is running a physical or a special set until you face it.
The problem with Audino is it seems almost entirely outclassed by Cresselia. I mean, the fact that it takes up you mega slot is HUGE, meaning that if you run Mega Audino, that means no Mega Khan, no Zard Y, no Mega Ttar, etc. There's also the fact that Audino can't hold Sitrus Berry, meaning if it wants any kind of recovery, it'll need to run Wish or Pain Split, which takes up an entire support moveslot. Finally, the only real notable move it has that Cresselia doesn't is Encore, which isn't even that good. All in all, Audino seems like it'll be very outclassed, unfortunately.

I looked it up, and it turns out Lopunny does get Fake Out. I still think Mega Kangaskhan will outclass it, though, as it can use Scrappy Fake Out in its base forme if it really feels the need to.

3 new megas were leaked today!

Mega-Gallade (hate the design :P)
Looks like it will get VERY powerful, but loose out on speed.

Mega-Sharpedo gets strong jaw
Sounds like a beast under rain. If it can snag a speed boost + a SD, then it's gg no re for your opponent. Strong jaw crunch will kill anything, and with rain boosted waterfalls... This thing will be tough to handle if you don't check it fast.

Mega-Camerupt gets sheer force (Looses speed)
TR gets a new mega. It also synergies decently well with aegis, amoongus and bronzong, so TR will probably be even better than it is now.

I'll edit this post in soon with thoughts, but what does everyone else think?

Last edited:
mega sceptile will have a niche on rain (if for some reason you want to forgo mawile / sciz / ludi) if only to be paired with something a sswimmer and prevent thundy from spamming twaves. seems pretty meh outside of that though considering you can't use ludi OR a steel mega and like the only other steels are slow (i guess ferro / esca / aegi are legitimate choices but holy shit one of them should get follow me).

Grim

The Ghost
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Sounds like a beast under rain. If it can snag a speed boost + a SD, then it's gg no re for your opponent. Strong jaw crunch will kill anything, and with rain boosted waterfalls... This thing will be tough to handle if you don't check it fast.
Sharpedo doesn't learn Swords Dance. Why does everyone assume this? lmao

I just read that it gets inner focus. The picture I saw of it looked bulky and slow... So could it be good as a fake out proof TR setter?
That could be somewhat nice, but it doesn't look that slow imo. I think they're going to buff its speed to 100 like they did with Gardevoir, along with a special defense and attack boost.

For a Trick Room setter immune to Fake Out you're probably better off using Dusclops/Noir, or just a Pokemon with Protect.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)