1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. Click here to ensure that you never miss a new SmogonU video upload!

New New Name and Profile Change Requests [READ THE OP]

Discussion in 'Profile Requests' started by Hikari, Jul 14, 2017.

1. Hikari

Hikari
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
    UU Leader

Name Changes for Regular Users
    • you only get 1 name change;
      • you must provide a REASON;
      • you may revert back to your old name after 3 months, but you will be ineligible for future changes;
      • removal of numbers or other distracting text (eg. tennisace0227 -> tennisace) will not count as a name change;
        • you can't request to ADD distracting text or request a username that includes distracting text, that's completely counterproductive and makes it makes it more difficult to tag users.
      • there is a SMALL chance for an exception to made if you seriously want a second name or regret an old change, etc. but it will be permanent and under no circumstances will it ever be changed again. ever.
    • you may not get a name change if you have an active infraction or are Wi-Fi blacklisted;
    • you may not request a name change if you have less than 100 posts total;
    • you will receive a custom title with your former username so that others may identify you;
    • you may not take the username of an existing account under any circumstances;
    • new/alternate accounts are against the rules, so you will be infracted if you create one instead of using this thread.
    Name Changes for Badgeholders
    • badgeholders - all of the above applies to you;
    • you may take the name of an existing account ONLY IF
      • the account with the username you want has not been logged into for 3+ years, AND
      • the account with the username you want has less than 10 posts.
    Profile Changes:
    • you may request birth date and related information to be changed only once;
    • we will not fulfill avatar or custom title requests;
    • badges and banners are earned, not given.
    General Rules:
    • LOOK UP THE USERNAME BEFORE YOU REQUEST IT, as from here on out, you are likely to be denied future name changes if you attempt to request a name that is taken (TIP: use the search function or just take the URL of a profile [ such as http://www.smogon.com/forums/members/antemortem.192841/ ] and replace "antemortem.192841" with the username you want... if the profile doesn't appear, the name is free! if it DOES appear, you may NOT request it unless you are a badgeholder. you have been warned);
    • do NOT ask super moderators or admins on their profiles OR in private message to change your name or to check the thread or anything of the like, as the point of the thread is so that you may request and so that we will get to it when we have the time to do so;
    • joke requests will not be tolerated and I'll probably just infract you if you do it at this point, have some sense.
    • you will be profile locked for a month after getting a new name. Remember to ask a Super Moderator or Admin to remove the lock after a month, it will not come off automatically.
    Archive of old name changes (yes, if you were restricted from future changes five minutes ago, you're still restricted from future changes, so don't ask): http://pastebin.com/yn4BbHUC / https://puu.sh/wJ8gn/93d75c1441.txt
    old thread

BattleDragon -> 1v1
    Honey Luis -> Thanys
    RazorLeaf420 -> RazorLeafVGC
    hector hard mode -> dream light
    10th Squad Taichou -> Za Meowdo
    Serpi386 -> Serpi386
    Klang -> Klang [old]
    Kl4ng -> Klang
    TheGawddss -> Go0d
    The Fifth Whisper -> Play on Birds
    Why Nerdy -> Chopin Alkaninoff
    Azfar -> The_Powerz
    JakeMoran12 -> Tech Froakies
    bug.catcher -> Spring Blossoms
    Lieparite -> Auresi
    yondie -> yond
    Rainyman123 -> Yveltal for PU
    Avocado -> Arctis
    Timman47 -> Toy Time King

page 1

Specterito -> Gaerys
    Arikado -> Avocado
    theuntalented -> Ghost Cream
    chenkovsky -> Mymble
    the mj show -> menusaur-vega
    RIPMyLifeFIR -> KindaStupid
    Melon -> Melon [old]
    WaterlessMelon -> Melon

page 2

Declarity -> Haakunite
    Prague Kick -> Slimmer
    Jordn -> Jrdn
    Samuel L. Jesus -> omgocd
    Kennyth -> Romanticist
    Yogibears -> Rwby
    PokemonmasterTj -> TJ

page 3

anto -> ant
    Ant -> [old] Ant

gummy -> gummy [old]
    Gummysaur -> Gummy
    Opgqy -> Opjqy
    Boyeraj17 -> Aaronboyer
    DownAbove -> Inidigo Plateau
    Leooo_33 -> Leo
    Oibaf cune -> Oibaf
    axel -> axel [old]
    axel10 -> axel
    JoycapJoshST -> 6ft Torbjorn
    marcop -> Gilbert arenas

page 4

Lizardman -> Warped Worlds
    Hot Dog Pizza -> Lemon Ginger
    Hasukura -> Tera Melos
    Lord Sample Team -> LordST
    Corrin -> Johta
    SiTuM'parleT'mort -> SiTuM
    Victor S. Court -> S. Court
    The Ruins of Alpha -> drampa's grandpa
    Gastro -> Terrakion. (revert)

page 5

Gastrik -> fourmi
    I'm the Batgirl -> Shadow Assault
    ItsYaBoi1337 -> Flamestar (revert)
    Sugarcult -> Zenobu
    dukevesper -> vesper
    Fannyfan -> Fanyfan

page 6

Branflakes325 -> branflakes
    RedEmptionMc -> RedEmption
    Fardin -> Isotonex
    AnishSomani -> Anish
    Sae Sae -> Sae
    Lord Esche -> Esche
    TraceofLife -> Trace

page 7

Klefkwi -> Dream
    Heathcliff -> Teclis
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2017
    nv, drumstick, Aalbaniaa and 3 others like this.
  2. Hikari

Hikari
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
    UU Leader

The other account has been banned and the account BattleDragon will be renamed to 1vI
  3. Gaerys

Gaerys

Hi, i would like to change my nickname in Gaerys because i'm gettin tired of being called Specterito, a name invented when i was a kid.
    I found out the PS Name is unregistered so i would like to change it only in this forum.
    Honestly i don't have other reasons about this request of change of the nicknames. I still hope it's enough.
    Thank you.

done - hikari
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2017
    Flamestar likes this.
  4. Umen Berker

Umen Berker

Hello I would like my username to be changed to Aeollus. I regret choosing my weird name and use Aeolus or Aeollus on nearly all my other forum sites and usernames. I am aware that the profile Aeolus already exists so the second l differentiates me and has an interesting reading in having an II in the middle of the name makes me Aeolus 2 essentially. As the name is originally of Latin origin. I learned of the name upon completing a translation of the Aeneid by Virgil from Latin to English. Heck my email for the site us Aeoluskingofthewinds. I hope all of this is enough to have the name changed.
  5. Hikari

Hikari
    UU Leader

6. 3.14dgeot-Mega

3.14dgeot-Mega

Hi, I changed my name like 5 months ago, so I would like the CT removed, unless the 100 posts thing applies to everything.
  7. avocado

avocado rising high without faking
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

Requesting name change to the following: avocado

the user with the name changed his name recently so it should be free. I've been using the name avocado on discord ever since I joined it (like ~9 months ago or something), anyone from the RU community can confirm

done - hikari
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2017
    Colonel M likes this.
  8. Ghost Cream

Ghost Cream

9. Rapture

Rapture we are so かっこいい
    is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor

would it be possible to take the name of the Rapture account? hasn't been used in 6~ years and i used to go by Rapture. on forums until i changed to my current name. The NU community still refers to me as Rapture for the most part if that gives any legitimacy to my request.

done - hikari
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2017
    Earth likes this.
  10. Hikari

Hikari
    UU Leader

Decem is your banned alt.
  11. avocado

avocado rising high without faking
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

avocado with lowercase a instead of capital A please :(
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
  12. Ghost Cream

Ghost Cream

Then may I have the name Ghost Cream? Decem got banned because I was unaware that making 2 alts was against the rules.

done - hikari
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2017
  13. Cynara

Cynara Even further beyond
    is a Tutor

I would like to request a name change to Cynara

I have checked and I don't think it's taken on Smogon.

I originally got a name change in the past to help protect my identity and it didn't work out very well, but Cynara is what I would like to use as my main account on PS and it would be a much preferable and suitable name to have since I wanna migrate to use this username everywhere. I fully understand that I won't be able to change my name again, that's absolutely fine and I'm content, if you could do this that would be brilliant.

Thanks in advance

done - hikari
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2017
    Dream, Max. Optimizer and Exiline like this.
  14. BigGameHunter

BigGameHunter

I would love to have my name changed to "solve me" (without the " and in lower case)

"solve me" is my main account on showdown! and I haven't used BigGameHunter in a year, also since that HearthStone card got nerfed nobody uses it anymore. So the name is not really iconic anymore.

I checked and couldn't find anyone with that name on smogon yet.

Mercie :)
  15. Hikari

Hikari
    UU Leader

16. vesper

vesper formerly dukevesper
    is a Tiering Contributor

Requesting a name change to "vesper". This is an existing alt that has been inactive for almost 5 yrs and only has 1 post in the CAP archive. http://www.smogon.com/forums/members/vesper.154546/

The reason behind is that duke in front seems kinda gimmicky and everyone refers to me as simply vesper.
    Indigo Plateau and Finchinator like this.
  17. Hikari

Hikari
    UU Leader

[​IMG]
    Leru likes this.
  18. Velvet Blood

Velvet Blood

I would like a name change to Angelite and I have checked that this name isn't taken on smogon yet.

I've gotten a name change before, but it is one I regretted to use and I've used Angelite more a lot mainly on discord and sometimes on ps. I want to be known as Angelite starting from today and I know it's hard to ask and I know that I won't be able to change names ever again, but I'm willing it to do it. Thank you if you can be able to do it.
  19. Mymble

Mymble

Requesting a name change to: Mymble

The name chenkovsky comes from my personal life at a point when I was a very different person. I don't want to have it be associated with me any longer.

done - hikari
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2017
  20. menusaur-vega

menusaur-vega

requesting name change to: menusaur-vega

This name is the one i generally prefer to use on pokemon showdown and various other sets and the mj show tends to get confused with other people. although it pertains to my name initials, i feel its time to change my name to something i like.

done - hikari
  21. Sharp Ladder UU

Sharp Ladder UU

Iv had my CT for way over a month I was wondering if I could get it removed :) thanks!
  22. Haakunite

Haakunite

May I get my name changed to Haaku? I created that account not knowing you couldn't have two alts. It would be ideal if you could delete/get rid of that account and change this one to Haaku. Thanks :>
  23. Flamestar

Flamestar formerly ItsYaBoi1337

Requesting formerly CT to be removed, its been 1 month and 10 days, thanks in advance.
  24. RIPMyLifeFIR

RIPMyLifeFIR

Name to change to KindaStupid? I made an alt 'RIPMyLifeFIR' a while back but forgot my password so KindaStupid has become my main account I've done all Smogon Tour matches on
    Pearl likes this.
  25. Melon

Melon
    is a Tutor

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)