New New Name and Profile Change Requests [READ THE OP]

Name Changes for Regular Users
  • you only get 1 name change;
    • you must provide a REASON;
    • you may revert back to your old name after 3 months, but you will be ineligible for future changes;
    • removal of numbers or other distracting text (eg. tennisace0227 -> tennisace) will not count as a name change;
      • you can't request to ADD distracting text or request a username that includes distracting text, that's completely counterproductive and makes it makes it more difficult to tag users.
    • there is a SMALL chance for an exception to made if you seriously want a second name or regret an old change, etc. but it will be permanent and under no circumstances will it ever be changed again. ever.
  • you may not get a name change if you have an active infraction or are Wi-Fi blacklisted;
  • you may not request a name change if you have less than 100 posts total;
  • you will receive a custom title with your former username so that others may identify you;
  • you may not take the username of an existing account under any circumstances;
  • new/alternate accounts are against the rules, so you will be infracted if you create one instead of using this thread.
Name Changes for Badgeholders
  • badgeholders - all of the above applies to you;
  • you may take the name of an existing account ONLY IF
    • the account with the username you want has not been logged into for 3+ years, AND
    • the account with the username you want has less than 10 posts.
Profile Changes:
  • you may request birth date and related information to be changed only once;
  • we will not fulfill avatar or custom title requests;
  • badges and banners are earned, not given.
General Rules:
  • LOOK UP THE USERNAME BEFORE YOU REQUEST IT, as from here on out, you are likely to be denied future name changes if you attempt to request a name that is taken (TIP: use the search function or just take the URL of a profile [ such as http://www.smogon.com/forums/members/antemortem.192841/ ] and replace "antemortem.192841" with the username you want... if you get redirected to the main members page, the name is free! if the profile DOES appear, you may NOT request it unless you are a badgeholder. you have been warned);
  • do NOT ask super moderators or admins on their profiles OR in private message to change your name or to check the thread or anything of the like, as the point of the thread is so that you may request and so that we will get to it when we have the time to do so;
  • joke requests will not be tolerated and I'll probably just infract you if you do it at this point, have some sense.
  • you will be profile locked for a month after getting a new name. Remember to ask a Super Moderator or Admin to remove the lock after a month, it will not come off automatically.
Archive of old name changes (yes, if you were restricted from future changes five minutes ago, you're still restricted from future changes, so don't ask): http://pastebin.com/yn4BbHUC / https://puu.sh/wJ8gn/93d75c1441.txt
old thread

BattleDragon -> 1v1
Honey Luis -> Thanys
RazorLeaf420 -> RazorLeafVGC
hector hard mode -> dream light
10th Squad Taichou -> Za Meowdo
Serpi386 -> Serpi386
Klang -> Klang [old]
Kl4ng -> Klang
TheGawddss -> Go0d
The Fifth Whisper -> Play on Birds
Why Nerdy -> Chopin Alkaninoff
Azfar -> The_Powerz
JakeMoran12 -> Tech Froakies
bug.catcher -> Spring Blossoms
Lieparite -> Auresi
yondie -> yond
Rainyman123 -> Yveltal for PU
Avocado -> Arctis
Timman47 -> Toy Time King

page 1

Specterito -> Gaerys
Arikado -> Avocado
theuntalented -> Ghost Cream
chenkovsky -> Mymble
the mj show -> menusaur-vega
RIPMyLifeFIR -> KindaStupid
Melon -> Melon [old]
WaterlessMelon -> Melon

page 2

Declarity -> Haakunite
Prague Kick -> Slimmer
Jordn -> Jrdn
Samuel L. Jesus -> omgocd
Kennyth -> Romanticist
Yogibears -> Rwby
PokemonmasterTj -> TJ

page 3

anto -> ant
Ant -> [old] Ant

gummy -> gummy [old]
Gummysaur -> Gummy
Opgqy -> Opjqy
Boyeraj17 -> Aaronboyer
DownAbove -> Inidigo Plateau
Leooo_33 -> Leo
Oibaf cune -> Oibaf
axel -> axel [old]
axel10 -> axel
JoycapJoshST -> 6ft Torbjorn
marcop -> Gilbert arenas

page 4

Lizardman -> Warped Worlds
Hot Dog Pizza -> Lemon Ginger
Hasukura -> Tera Melos
Lord Sample Team -> LordST
Corrin -> Johta
SiTuM'parleT'mort -> SiTuM
Victor S. Court -> S. Court
The Ruins of Alpha -> drampa's grandpa
Gastro -> Terrakion. (revert)

page 5

Gastrik -> fourmi
I'm the Batgirl -> Shadow Assault
ItsYaBoi1337 -> Flamestar (revert)
Sugarcult -> Zenobu
dukevesper -> vesper
Fannyfan -> Fanyfan

page 6

Branflakes325 -> branflakes
RedEmptionMc -> RedEmption
Fardin -> Isotonex
AnishSomani -> Anish
Sae Sae -> Sae
Jqded -> Djokra
Lord Esche -> esche
TraceofLife -> Trace
Trace -> Trace [old]

page 7

Klefkwi -> Dream
Dream -> Dream [old]
Heathcliff -> Teclis
Darklatias92 -> Cresselia92
Dundies -> dundies
Infamy -> infamy
Spoof -> DaSpoofy
Mr. Perry -> perry
Allstar -> Abejas
s0me1 b0red -> Blue Lobster
Evanile -> PrincessGardevoir
sassyaccident -> Hacci
littlelucario -> LL
askov -> Askov

Page 8

BPGXMG -> Aldertz
Old_Gregg -> Tonberry King
darktheskrub -> BandedLoom
Shadowtex1 -> BladeofFriendship
Inactive~ -> Inactive
InActive -> InActive [old]
cellgoondude -> Iura
blazenix -> Blazenix
Le teamribou -> Jeffv
Natalie. -> Nat
Nat -> Nat [old]
-Snow -> Snou
Ezio -> hyperbeem
haru. -> Miere

Page 9
femen -> azogue

Last edited:
Hi, I got an odd situation and I'm trying to follow the rules.

So, I've been using this account for at least a year (not crazy active, but now a regular), and it used to match with my PS name BattleDragon. For a while now however, I've been using the PS names Iv1 and 1vI (I'm a regular 1v1 OM player) and people now recognize me by that name.

I just decided to make a new account by the name of Iv1 to keep things clear. However, it totally didn't come to mind that you're not supposed to have two accounts (I haven't read the rules in at least a year, my mistake), and a fellow PS+Smogon user just pointed that out to me. Some people told me just use the new account, that its not a big problem, and some told me I should to clear this up, so here I am.

So, could this account please get a name change to 1vI or Iv1? Also, what should I do with the other account? Thank you, and sorry for my mistake.
The other account has been banned and the account BattleDragon will be renamed to 1vI

Hi, i would like to change my nickname in Gaerys because i'm gettin tired of being called Specterito, a name invented when i was a kid.
I found out the PS Name is unregistered so i would like to change it only in this forum.
Honestly i don't have other reasons about this request of change of the nicknames. I still hope it's enough.
Thank you.

done - hikari

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello I would like my username to be changed to Aeollus. I regret choosing my weird name and use Aeolus or Aeollus on nearly all my other forum sites and usernames. I am aware that the profile Aeolus already exists so the second l differentiates me and has an interesting reading in having an II in the middle of the name makes me Aeolus 2 essentially. As the name is originally of Latin origin. I learned of the name upon completing a translation of the Aeneid by Virgil from Latin to English. Heck my email for the site us Aeoluskingofthewinds. I hope all of this is enough to have the name changed.

Hello I would like my username to be changed to Aeollus. I regret choosing my weird name and use Aeolus or Aeollus on nearly all my other forum sites and usernames. I am aware that the profile Aeolus already exists so the second l differentiates me and has an interesting reading in having an II in the middle of the name makes me Aeolus 2 essentially. As the name is originally of Latin origin. I learned of the name upon completing a translation of the Aeneid by Virgil from Latin to English. Heck my email for the site us Aeoluskingofthewinds. I hope all of this is enough to have the name changed.
you may not request a name change if you have less than 100 posts total;

avocado

queen vados
is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Requesting name change to the following: avocado

the user with the name changed his name recently so it should be free. I've been using the name avocado on discord ever since I joined it (like ~9 months ago or something), anyone from the RU community can confirm

done - hikari

Rapture

we are so かっこいい
is a Tutoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
would it be possible to take the name of the Rapture account? hasn't been used in 6~ years and i used to go by Rapture. on forums until i changed to my current name. The NU community still refers to me as Rapture for the most part if that gives any legitimacy to my request.

done - hikari

I would like to request a name change to Cynara

I have checked and I don't think it's taken on Smogon.

I originally got a name change in the past to help protect my identity and it didn't work out very well, but Cynara is what I would like to use as my main account on PS and it would be a much preferable and suitable name to have since I wanna migrate to use this username everywhere. I fully understand that I won't be able to change my name again, that's absolutely fine and I'm content, if you could do this that would be brilliant.

Thanks in advance

done - hikari

I would love to have my name changed to "solve me" (without the " and in lower case)

"solve me" is my main account on showdown! and I haven't used BigGameHunter in a year, also since that HearthStone card got nerfed nobody uses it anymore. So the name is not really iconic anymore.

I checked and couldn't find anyone with that name on smogon yet.

Mercie :)

I would love to have my name changed to "solve me" (without the " and in lower case)

"solve me" is my main account on showdown! and I haven't used BigGameHunter in a year, also since that HearthStone card got nerfed nobody uses it anymore. So the name is not really iconic anymore.

I checked and couldn't find anyone with that name on smogon yet.

Mercie :)
you may not request a name change if you have less than 100 posts total;

I would like a name change to Angelite and I have checked that this name isn't taken on smogon yet.

I've gotten a name change before, but it is one I regretted to use and I've used Angelite more a lot mainly on discord and sometimes on ps. I want to be known as Angelite starting from today and I know it's hard to ask and I know that I won't be able to change names ever again, but I'm willing it to do it. Thank you if you can be able to do it.

Requesting a name change to: Mymble

The name chenkovsky comes from my personal life at a point when I was a very different person. I don't want to have it be associated with me any longer.

done - hikari

requesting name change to: menusaur-vega

This name is the one i generally prefer to use on pokemon showdown and various other sets and the mj show tends to get confused with other people. although it pertains to my name initials, i feel its time to change my name to something i like.

done - hikari

May I get my name changed to Haaku? I created that account not knowing you couldn't have two alts. It would be ideal if you could delete/get rid of that account and change this one to Haaku. Thanks :>