New OU team needs rate

I've came up with a somewhat successful team (I've only played with it for a few hours) and coming with wins so far. I want to post my team here and have people rate before I enable the ladder because everytime I fix a team and test it and play ladder, the first match I lose :( so this time I'll send it here for any weakness checks.

1. Machamp @ Leftovers
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Atk/ 4 Def
Ability: No Guard

Dynamicpunch
Payback
Substitute
Encore

A good lead overall. Slow, somewhat bulky. Perfect accuracy is great as is Dynamicpunch's 100% confusion. Just great because nothing really enjoys confusion. Payback hits Ghost who are immune to Dynamicpunch and Psychics. Encore SR or Spikes allow a sub for Machamp to hide in or free set-up for Zoroark. I used Leftovers over Lum Berry because Leftovers isn't gone after one use and for status I'll just switch to Gliscor (who should be poisoned anyway). Not much else to say.

2. Zoroark @ Life Orb
Nature: Timid
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 SpA/ 252 Spd
Ability: Illusion
Nasty Plot
Dark Pulse
Focus Blast
Extrasensory

NP Zoroark, Illusion is pretty cool. It allows Zoroark to "transform" into the last Pokemon on my team (that not fainted). I fought a guy once and he thought it was my Ferrothorn trying to blast his Heatran with Focus Blast. NP is to boost up on a switch. Dark Pulse is STAB (which I chose over Night Burst because of higher accuracy and flinch over extra power and accuracy drop. Focus Blast is for Steels and Extrasensory is for the plethora of fightings which Zoroark is weak to.

3. Quagsire @ Leftovers
Nature: Relaxed
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 SpD
Ability: Unaware

Scald
Toxic
Earthquake
Recover

Pretty much I use this guy to suck up physical hits. There are only two reason I use this guy over Swampert. First is Recover, which is a wonderful thing and second, Unaware which negates stat boosts from things like Garchomp and Gyarados which is also wonderful. Absorb hits, Toxic, Recover stall or Scald and pray for burn hax.

4. Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Nature: Relaxed
EVs: 252 HP/ 4 Def/ 252 SpD (IVs: Spd: 0)
Ability: Iron Barbs

Stealth Rock
Toxic
Leech Seed
Gyro Ball

Minimizing speed maximizes Gyro Ball's power. The EV distribution allows Ferrothorn to take abuse from both sides. Toxic over t-wave because paralysis ruins Gyro Ball. Leech Seed is steal HP from foes and/or cause a switch while rocks causes damage on every switch. Gyro Ball prevents Taunt emaciation and hits frail sweepers hard. I like how I set up Ferrothorn as a defensive wall while being able to slowly zap away opponent's HP with Rocks, Toxic, Leech Seed and Iron Barbs meaning it will win most stalls against Pokemon without Fire moves.

5. Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 HP/ 4 Def/ 252 Spd
Ability: Poison Heal

Toxic
Protect
Earthquake
Taunt

Great bulky Pokemon who can take physical hits great. Thanks to Toxic Orb Gliscor can heal itself every turn and is immune to status. Protect is for stall and scouting. Taunt prevents set up and other horrible things. Toxic works great with Protect while Earthquake is always a reliable attack. I think this is my third toxic staller :)

6. Gardevoir @ Choice Scarf
Nature: Timid
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 SpA/ 252 Spd
Ability: Trace

Trick
Psychic
Focus Blast
Hidden Power Fire

When making my team I found it was weak to weather teams (Damn you Excadrill and Venusaur) so I was thinking hmm... what Pokemon to place on my team. Then it hit me, with prevalence of weather teams and weather abusers Gardevoir was the perfect revenge killer. High SpA and Trace allow her to copy Chlorophyll and Sand Rush. Choice Scarf is needed to speed Excadrill though which sucks cuz now I'm stuck with one move. It's simple, Psychic is STAB, Focus Blast murks Tyranitar, rock types and more importantly, Excadrill. HP Fire can wipe out Grass type and hurts things like Lilligant. Trick is cool if Blissey or Chancey comes in. It toally ruins them but then again, so does Gliscor's Taunt.

Plz rate my team. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Machamp makes a good lead, but your not using it right. I suggest you switch ice punch and stone edge, for substitute and encore. The idea is to encore a stealthrock or spikes, then simply substitute up when they switch out and then you can fire off dynamic punches off from behind a substitute. I think you need lowered speed ivs or something to hurt some psychic types with payback.

Gardevoir is amazing, I think you need some sort of hidden power over signal beam though, perhaps hidden power fire?

Machamp makes a good lead, but your not using it right. I suggest you switch ice punch and stone edge, for substitute and encore. The idea is to encore a stealthrock or spikes, then simply substitute up when they switch out and then you can fire off dynamic punches off from behind a substitute. I think you need lowered speed ivs or something to hurt some psychic types with payback.

Gardevoir is amazing, I think you need some sort of hidden power over signal beam though, perhaps hidden power fire?
Sounds Great! I guess I forgot HP fire does more under the sun anyways not to mention maims Scizor. I like the idea of hiding under a sub but if that's the case, would Focus Punch be better for max damage? I'll try that thanks :)

I Agree

I agree with the post above your Machamp is tooooo predictable it needs more variety with punch moves, Thunderpunch, Icepunch, Bullet Punch etc.

Zoroark:

Flamethrower over Extrasensory to remove steel types.

Focus blast is just not reliable enough.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)