New Pokémon silhouette leak (maybe Zygarde form?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they want to give us a 3D Kanto, make it a side-region alongside Kalos. Pokemon K, anyone? c; We already have FRLG, I don't want another Kanto remake.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
I don't want a Kanto remake neither. I think it's starting to get boring by now.
OmegaX and AlphaY sounds cool though.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Please tone down the baseless speculation...

Also, for what it's worth: Remaking Kanto requires GameFreak to mold an entirely new region from scratch (although they have the layout figured out, modelling and texturing the region takes a lot of work). Any follow-up to the Kalos games could have more than 80 % recycled content from X and Y in it. You know, like all the other follow-up games out there.

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Do we really need a Kanto remake in the first place tbh? If I'm going to be quite honest X and Y themselves already honor Kanto in a way by adding in the Kanto starters as available Pokemon (and giving them Megas), adding Pikachu with its anime cry, making Mewtwo and the bird trio catchable, and overall just rolling in the majority of the "original 151" right into the Kalos dex as available Pokemon in the game. X and Y themselves already kind of honor Kanto so a Kanto remake is really unneccesary,

If it's a main series game then it's probably the next Kalos game (hopefully and likely Z, though I wouldn't mind if they go a different route), seeing as how it'll take up a sizeable amount of content from X and Y and those games do in a way honor the Gen 1 games, as I had said, as well as incorporating Zygarde into the game and exploring its relationship with Xerneas and Yveltal, which at this point of the generation still needs to be done. (Plus, it has two hidden signature moves in the dex, so obviously we're in for a Zygarde game lol).

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
The next game is will most likely be the third/sequel Kalos game and the final game for this gen as I think its asking a bit too much if they release another remake.

As for a Kanto re-remake, if they do it:

1. It won't be until next gen for the reason I said above. Also out of all the old previous games Gen IV feels like it may fall into a sort of "too recent" category as its the gen that was on the first of the DS line, started introducing 3D graphics, and was the one that made a very big to the gameplay by splitting the special/physical category so there were move dependent.
2. It'll have to not only be a completely new story but they'd also have to combine it with a Johto second part (though maybe not the Sevii Islands, it'll probably be replaced by a Battle Frontier). I also think it should take place in the "present" (which would probably be after BW2/XY) so they can do what they want without being restricted to what the Unova and Kalos games have said happened in Kanto (mainly BW2's World Tournament). And since so much time has gone by they have no excuse not to re-invent the regions and have new places.

Please tone down the baseless speculation...

Also, for what it's worth: Remaking Kanto requires GameFreak to mold an entirely new region from scratch (although they have the layout figured out, modelling and texturing the region takes a lot of work). Any follow-up to the Kalos games could have more than 80 % recycled content from X and Y in it. You know, like all the other follow-up games out there.
The problem with arguing this is, they already did it once with ORAS. Whatever they're making, they've had the most important parts planned and set in stone probably back when B2W2 was getting released. No matter how many regions they were going to give us this generation, they would have had all the geometry, textures, lighting and interactivity done for each one long before they ever hinted at its release.

So whatever they're working on, and however LGG (and maybe flowers) ties into it, it's not something that they came up with on a whim right after the ORAS launch, new region or not.

Can people stop talking about Kanto remakes? X and Y were the closest thing we will get for a while. We had the Kanto starters, legendary birds, Mewtwo, and "Viridian Forest", I can't imagine Kanto remakes for another 3 generations or something.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Yeah... I'll be locking this if we don't get back to the topic at hand. You guys have gone off on a rather large tangent.

Actually, I think I'm going to lock this anyway. We won't know anymore until the next set of CoroCoro leaks or Nintendo themselves confirm stuff. You guys have had two weeks and have exhausted all potential avenues without new information.

Be patient now. The time will come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)