1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

New policy review members

Discussion in 'Private' started by Cathy, Oct 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cathy

Cathy

I said I would wrap up the objections today.

I've soft deleted the objections thread which you can see here if you are a super moderator. The reason for this is that I don't want its contents to become subject to drama now that a lot more people have access to this forum. If you disagree with this deletion, don't post about it in this thread, which I'm creating for a specific purpose.

There are quite a lot of new members.

Results of the objections thread (open)
    The following 80 users were accepted and have been sent an invitation through private messages by me:
    The following 2 users were rejected:
    • drcossack, with 7 objections (Cathy, Chris is me, Seven Deadly Sins, Firestorm, Synre, skarm, Alaka)
    • FM, with 7 objections (Cathy, Chris is me, Seven Deadly Sins, skarm, Veedrock, Gen. Empoleon, obi)

Now, even though all these candidates have been approved, it's quite possible that some of them do not actually want to participate in Policy Review. Logistically, however, it is simplest for me to add them all tentatively, and then ask them afterwards if they actually want to participate, so here is how I am going to accomplish this. Everybody on the above "accepted" list has been given access to the Policy Review forum for now. However:

If you are a new member of Policy Review and you actually want to participate in Pokemon policy discussions on this forum, then reply to this thread. In your reply, include a summary of what makes you notable in competitive pokemon (e.g. tournaments placed well in, projected participated in, etc.). You will not be judged on this, it is just for interest's sake.

After five days, anybody on the list who has not replied to this thread will be removed. Business can continue as normal on Policy Review during this time.
  2. TheFourthChaser

TheFourthChaser #TimeForChange
    is a Smogon IRC AOPis a Battle Server Moderatoris a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winneris a SPL Winner

I'd like to participate in PR discussions. I've been a Quarterfinalist in Smogon Tournament 6 and was on Team US West in the latest WCoP, if Suspect Tests are counted as projects I've voted in Stage 3-3 as well.
  3. Iconic

Iconic
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

I would like to contribute to Policy Review discussions. I've won two tournaments on Smogon (Tournament of Thieves II and 3v3 Japan Style Tournament) while also being a member of Team Canada for this year's WCoP. I've been #1 on the Ubers leaderboard numerous times and top 5 in OU, UU and Suspect in the past. I voted in Stage 3-2 of Generation IV's Suspect testing as well as voting in Stage 6 of the UU Suspect testing. I'm also an active Tutor.
  4. locopoke

locopoke indulges in unsavory behavior
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

I have a tendency to do well in Smogon Tours (I've won 2 Tours this season and 1 last season) and I was the runner up of st5. I've also gotten far in a variety of other tournaments and was on Team USA East for two years in a row (unfortunately). I have hosted 6 tournaments with 2 more coming up. I also had a 6-2 record in SPL and played in the smogon tour all stars thing (you needed good tour stats to get in).
  5. Stone_Cold

Stone_Cold
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

I would love to participate in the Policy Review. I have been on Team US East two years running, as well as on Team Bigs in Smogon Premier League. I am also in Smogon Superstars holding the best record at the moment with 8-1. I have hosted a total of 2 tournaments with a 3rd one in progress and am a Tutor on Smogon.
  6. undisputed

undisputed
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis Smogon Frontier's Frontier Lackeyis a Past WCoP Winner

I cant wait to participate in PR. Ok so I'm relatively new to Pokemon (in comparison to most badged/PR members), but so far I am notable in Competitive Pokemon because I consistently do well in side tournaments, I became a tutor a round after I was tutored, I was tutored by the best, and I do well in Tournaments against good players. for example I went 5-2 recently in smogon superstars. I also voted once in suspect, but was denied the ability to vote for having too many alts on the forbidden list in the next round.
  7. Heist

Heist
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winneris a SPL Winner

i would enjoy participating in the policy review. i can't say much for tournament success here at smogon, seeing as i rarely used to frequent this place, but anyway. i was in the winning team for wcop this year [record of 4-2] and ive placed fairly well in some minor tournaments [although nothing of huge value...]. i have had fairly good laddering success, but i dont think that is worth mentioning either.
  8. Toaster

Toaster

I would be honored to participate in PR. I had done fantastically in ST6, and was a substitute of Team Canada in World Cup. I also participated in "Project Arceus" and have voted in Stage 5 of UU.
  9. Little Green Yoda

Little Green Yoda

Not sure how I got selected for this (seeing as how I haven't played on a simulator regularly for a while now lol) but I would be happy to participate in PR. I've been looking to get back in the swing of things for one last hurrah before Gen 5 hits anyway.
  10. animenagai

animenagai
    is a Past WCoP Winner

I'm really excited to be part of PR. I'm known mostly for being a starter for 2 years on the winning oceanian team with an overall record of 7-4. Theoretical discussion is very much a strength of mine as I'm sure my world cup team mates can vouch for. I look forward to doing my part in PR!
  11. Pride

Pride

Loving the chance to take part in pr activities. I was part of Smogon's Greatest Brits for SPL, voted in 3-3 suspect test, and a tutor for the site.
  12. Blue_Tornado

Blue_Tornado

Okay.

I'm pretty confident in saying I'm good at adapting to new metagames, be it specialized tournaments or suspect tests. I've gotten far in most of the small tournament's I've entered, winning two of them. Although I'm arguably less active nowadays, I'm still fairly knowledgeable when it comes to DPPtHGSS and I've already learned quite a lot of BW. I'm not sure how well I'll be able to voice my opinion in non-Pokemon topics, but I'll do my best.

Oh, and I've also qualified for 2-3 suspect tests, progressed well in ST6 and participated in SPL and Superstars V.2.

edit: oh yeah, I went 4-0 in WCoP..
  13. 6A9 Ace Matador

6A9 Ace Matador veni, vidi, vici, VERSACE, VERSACE VERSACE

hi!

I've won a tournament on Smogon before, been top of Suspect, UU, Uber ladders and finished first in the previous season of Smogon tour. I'm in the Super 16 of Smogon Superstars currently, and I was also a Smogon tutor for around 10 months. I also participated in four suspect tests but sadly wasn't seen as fit to keep my TC badge, but I'm really eager to participate!
  14. B-Lulz

B-Lulz You ain't gotta love it 'cos the hood gone love it
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Thanks for the oppertunity of allowing me to post in PR discussions! I've won one tournament on Smogon (Random Pokemon Tournament II), and gotten far in many other tournaments, including getting to the last 16 of ST5. I also played for Team Europe in WCoP this year as well as represented Cryonicles in SPL (the team that should have won!). Lastly I have voted in the Shaymin-S suspect test, as well as a few UU suspect tests.

Oh and i've been top of OU and UU leaderboards, as well as in top 5 of Ubers.
  15. firecape

firecape This is the end...
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

I may not be active in tournaments, but I have been, and still am, very active in C&C (I have already earned a badge for this, as you can obviously see). I have also been active in the C&C Arceus project, submitting two analyses for that so far with a third in progress. I am also on the Ubers Quality Control team.
  16. Playa

Playa
    is a Past WCoP Winner

I would love to be able to voice my opinion in PR! I've only won the one tournament on smogon (item restriction) and I went undefeated for US South in this years world cup. This is just what I needed to spark my interest in pokes again!
  17. coyotte508

coyotte508
    is a Programmer Alumnus

I know an awful lot about mechanics because of PO, but I never really invested myself yet in competitive battling as a battler, by lack of time ^^

Yet I would really like to be able to say my opinion in some topics, especially the banlist / no-banlist issue.
  18. _Flygon_

_Flygon_

I'd love to participate in PR topics. Notable achievements:
    -Won 1 OU Tour
    -Semifinals Team Trials 1
    -Congregation of the Classiest team member last season
    -Participated twice in the World Cup for Germany
    -Participating in Superstars #2 now, being top16 atm
  19. blasphemy1

blasphemy1

I haven't been active in any official Smogon tournaments, but I've been involved in the metagame since early RSE and seen the various actions taken by several communities. I'd love to participate in the PR discussions and contribute my opinion on matters.
  20. Slobroking

Slobroking

Well this is a surprise..

I'd like to join in PR discussions. I voted in the Garchomp suspect test, but other than that nothing really notable regarding gen 4. I've joined a lot RSE/GSC/RBY smogon tours, and I think I won a few. I also played in SPL, and some other, mostly old gen tournaments.
  21. iss

iss happily ever after
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

My expertise is mostly in Little Cup, as I have done extensive work in that metagame over the past year. As for my tournament experience, I reached Round 4 in both the noSTAB Tournament and the Mirror Match Tournament. I am also currently co-hosting The Little Cup Tourney IV. Most of my work lies in the Little Cup sections of C&C. I’ve finished 5 Gen IV analyses, and as a result was invited to the Gen V forum. I’ve done 10 skeletons so far, and am working on my 11th. My ladder experience lies in Little Cup and Ubers. I’ve reached #2 on the Little Cup Leaderboard and #6 on the Ubers one.
  22. uraga

uraga Walking the streets with you in your worn-out jeans
    is a Contributor Alumnus

I'd like to participate in PR. I'm mostly a UU battler, and I unfortunately haven't participated in any tournaments here. I have laddered well in UU, peaking at 3rd on the leaderboard, and I won an UU tour in week 3. I also participate in C&C, as I have written or helped write 2 analyses and I am working on 2 more for Gen V. Finally, I'm on the GP team.
  23. DJXO9

DJXO9

I would like to participate in PR discussion. I was involved with the Stage 3 suspect testing, I am currently a tutor on Smogon as well, and have hosted a few tournaments as well. I'm also a member of the GP team in C&C.
  24. tobi10

tobi10

I would feel honored to contribute with the Policy Review. I have many years of experience in Pokémon, and I have been top 5 in OU and Ubers on the ladder. I also played with Latin America for World Cup this year, too (with a 3-2 record.)

Tournament wise, I have not joined any Smogon Tournament yet, because I always miss them! But I think I have tournament experience from other sites / tours!

Thanks for the opportunity.
  25. Delta 2777

Delta 2777 Machampion
    is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 10 Champion

I'd like to thank the current members of PR for allowing me to participate in this forum, and yes I would indeed be interested in participating. As far as tournament success goes, I don't have anything too notable to say. I've participated in SPL, WCOP, and was selected to participate in both Smogon Superstars (currently top 16) and Battle Royale. I've peaked #1 on the OU, Suspect, and Little Cup ladders, and reached top 5 in Ubers (#6 in Underused as well). I've also won several minor tournaments on other websites that probably aren't worth mentioning. Lastly, I'm a tutor here with two tutees under my belt, and I have already contributed three Gen V analysis.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)