1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

New policy review members

Discussion in 'Private' started by Cathy, Oct 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Folgorio

Folgorio I KickTehAss
    is a Past SPL Winner

I'd like to participate in the PR discussions. Some notable things I've done are:

-Won an ubers smogon tour
    -Played UU for the winning SPL team (The Indie Scooters)
    -Runner up in "The good OU tournament"
    -Participated in "Smogon Superstars II"
    -Currently #12 in smogon tour standings
    -Reached top 3 in both UU and Ubers ladder

I was also involved in the stage three suspect testing as well as various UU tests.
  2. Scimjara

Scimjara Bert Stare

I would love to contribute to Policy Review and I thank the current members of PR for allowing me to. I haven't had much tournament success just won many Stark Cups including a few 32 man. Recently I've made it to top 8 in Smogon Superstars II, I have participated in World Cup on Latin America and made it to Semi Finals and recieved 7 badges on Smogon Frontier. I've made #1 on OU ladder and top #5 of Uber ladder. Thanks again.
  3. Mizuno

Mizuno

What makes me notable as a competitive battler? I am not completely sure, but I think I am notable because I have (quietly) been successful in different events (mostly tournaments). I tend to be very calm and analytical, so while I haven't taken part in discussions often, I think that with my previous experiences I will be able to participate on all the different PR topics and contribute in them. I have also been around since the RSE era and have taken part in GSC and RBY events, so I am hoping that experience will help me in the discussions.
  4. Bad Ass

Bad Ass bring me coffee or tea
    is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winneris a GS2 Winner

I got to the round of 32 last smogon tournament, finished 5-2 and am in the top 16 in the superstars tournament, finished 5-2 in spl playing uu, have reached top 5 on the ou and uu leaderboards, was the captain of us south in the world cup, recently won a uu smogon tour, and I have totaled 20+ points in each tour I have participated in.
  5. Kinneas

Kinneas
    is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

I would like to participate in Policy Review. Here is my CV:

- Smogon Official Tournament 6 Semi Finalist
    - Smogon World Cup Team UK for 2 years running
    - SPL Cryonicles Member
    - VGC UK Regional Runner Up
    - VGC World Championship Participant
    - Been playing Competitive since the beginning of RSE
  6. Cyrrona

Cyrrona starlet
    is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

I'd love to participate in Policy Review. As far as personal competitive accomplishments go, I voted in four rounds of Generation 4's Suspect Tests (3-2, 3-3, 3-4, 3-5) under my old username El Blecko, which is enough to qualify for a Tiering Contributor Badge if I remember correctly. (Is there any way to formally apply for that?) I don't have a great deal of Smogon-specific tournament experience, but I did make it to the Semi-Finals of the recent Team Trials Tournament (playing OU) with an impressive W/L record. I'm also a tutor on other sites, and I’ll likely apply for a position here once the B/W metagame begins to take shape and they start accepting applications again.

Definitely looking forward to contributing to this forum. Thanks for the opportunity!
  7. Stathakis

Stathakis I hax people in real life
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis Smogon Frontier's Field Ranger

I'd love to participate. I haven't done all that much, but here is what I can remember, I guess. I made it to the round of 32 in the last official smogon tournament and went 2-1 in the world cup two years in a row. I have been in the top 5 on the OU leaderboard, the top 10 on the Ubers leaderboard, and #1 on the suspect leaderboard towards the end of a testing period (all these positions were held very briefly, though). I think most of my activity in competitive pokemon has been in the team rating forum, where I have regularly voiced my opinion and may begin to do so again.

Like DaPlayaFlow, I am surprised and honored to be considered for Policy Review, and this is just what I need to bring my interest back. Thanks for the consideration!
  8. Bluewind

Bluewind My appearance, ability, and awesomeness strike fea
    is a Contributor Alumnus

I always wanted to do something more important around here, so I think joining PR will be a great opportunity to do that, and I definitely want to be in. My accomplishments are mostly in the UU tier, having played in SPL for the Circus Maximus Tigers, with a record of 6-3; being part of the winning team of Team Trials (I'm not sure if this really matters, but it was a somewhat popular tour) with a record of 5-1 and making into top 16 of Superstar Tournament. I also have a decent participation at Smogon Tours IX and X, and even though my points weren't enough to get me in the top 16, I'm mostly 1-2 points away from that. Outside of that there's not much, I've won a fair share of stark cups but I'm not sure if they are being counted, and was #1 on the UU ladder for several testing periods, #3 on Ubers ladder and #10 on OU ladder (though the latter has been some time ago). Finally, I'm part of the UU Quality Control Team and was a voter in the Raikou / Dugtrio / Froslass / Moltres Suspect stage.
  9. Kannon

Kannon

I'm glad to be welcomed into Policy Review by the members of it, and I'm going to be participating of course. Nothing much to say as far as battling goes, but I am a member of the LCQC team, and have been rolling with the Little Cup metagame for a while. I did participate in the Ubers Tour before it was canceled, but I only managed to get past r1.
  10. ENZ0

ENZ0
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

This is an awesome opportunity to help out! Thanks PR members! I'm relatively new member in comparison to others, but I've done a couple of notable achievements. These are hitting #3 in the Smogon OU ladder for over a month, going 6-1 in SPL with LTDCE, being a part of the Latin American team for WCOP, participating in the Smogon Superstars, I help out in the Battling 101 program, and I've recently been accepted to contribute in the 5th Generation analysis forums. I'm pretty proud of my achievements so far, and look forward to many more in the future!
  11. Nas

Nas Thinking of a master plan...
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Staff Alumnus

I'd like to participate in PR. Unfortunately I can't say much in terms of tournament success, as I haven't played in any tournaments here, but I have participated in OU and UU suspect tests. I'm mainly a UU player here, and have made it in the top 5 on the leaderboard many times.
  12. Megan_Fox

Megan_Fox

I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to participate in PR Discussion. I have hit #1 in OU Leaderboard and #3 in Ubers. I have also had success and have participated in tournaments such as SPL (SGB), WCOP (Europe), Smogon Super Stars, Team Trials 3, Smogon Tour, Fuk Dragon Tournament and several other tournaments. I also actively participate in C&C and am a member of the OU Quality Control.
  13. Pirotechnix

Pirotechnix

I'm interested in participating in Policy Review.

Have not participated in anything related to 4th Gen; regular player of 3rd Gen and below. Went 6-2 playing RBY in SPL, and have participated in various old gen tournaments in the past.
  14. Zari

Zari Xenobladeaholic
    is a Contributor Alumnus

I'd be interested in participating in PR discussion as well.

In response to the credential prompt, while I have not been active as of lately in tournaments and the like, I (unofficially) head the LC research team, and am in the top five of that leaderboard constantly. Outside of LC my metagame experience has slackened somewhat, although I hope to bring that up to shape ASAP. As far as forum participation goes, I've been an under-the-scenes researcher for wifi, I'm a major figure in the current FR/LG RNG research, and have recently started to help out in QC. Other than that, I don't have much of a record, but I'd love to help out and thanks for the opportunity!
  15. Deep Thought

Deep Thought

Sure, I'd love to be able to contribute to site policy discussions and hopefully do some good for Smogon. "Notable" accomplishments:

-Top 16 in Smogon Tours 8 and 9 (and as of last night I am in the top 16 on points for Smogon Tour X as well). 2 tours won, 7 finals reached, 25th overall on wins for Tours 1-9 after only doing the most recent 2.
    -Participated in 2 suspect testing votes (3-1 and 3-3). For 3-3, I met the voting requirements with 4 accounts, which was more than anyone else.
    -Reached #1 on the Uber leaderboard with a team that is now in the RMT Archive
    -Top 32 in Official Smogon Tournament #6
    -Top 16 in Fabbles' BIG tournament based off of Smogon Tour results
    -Undefeated in WCOP V with a 3-0 record
    -First-string Uber player in the first season of the SPL
    -Winning record in Smogon Superstars II
  16. Limitless

Limitless Success is the best revenge.
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
    Battling 101 Leader

I'd be honored to take part in this. Here's some quick accolades that I've built up: 8 accounts 1640+ for OU, 1730 UU rating - twice in the top 3, 1st place in one of the original B101 tournaments, and I've participated in quite a bit of tournaments.

Lastly, I've qualified for three suspect tests. Granted this was awhile ago, I hope to get back into the system and contribute.
  17. Indra

Indra DACODBOSS
    is a Past WCoP Winner

got to finals with team asia/brown for wcop, (3-2 record w/ asia, 5-1 w/brown) Got to finals in OU tour, UU tour, and Ubers tour once each ( never won). Got to top 3 on OU ladder quite a bit. Voted for 3rd stage and some other suspects i forgot. Don't remember the other stuff i've done lol.Not really active with pokemon atm, but im loving 5th gen so i might get back into it. I'd like to discuss 5th gen pokes fosho
  18. snorlax

snorlax

i would like to participate. Im a very active tournament player, having won the drought tournament and the runner up to the ban list tournament. I was also on the previous team US West as a substitute. I was also in SPL as well and was selected for smogon superstars.
  19. askaninjask

askaninjask [FLAIL ARMS]
    is a Forum Moderator

Awesome!

I'd like to be able to contribute to PR, although my Pokemon expertise is limited to LC. I've been on top of the LC leaderboard a bunch of times, and close to it even more times. I haven't been in too many tournaments, as I said, I am pretty much a Little Cup exclusive battler.
  20. DarkLucario

DarkLucario Kämpfe für deinen Traum
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 8 Champion

Hey! Thank you for the opportunity to contribute to Policy Review. Here are some of my accomplishments:

- Winner of Smogon Tour Season 8
    - Participated in the finals of Smogon Tour Season 9
    - Winner of the latest "Point Buy II tournament"
    - Participated in both WCOP IV and WCOP V for Germany
    - Member of Cryonicles (SPL)
    - Reached #1 in OU, Uber, UU and Suspect (ladder)
    - Member of the latest Smogon Council (+ voted in Stage 3-2)
    - Participated in Superstars I, Superstars II and Fabbles' Smogon Tour Tournament
  21. hanke

hanke
    won the 6th Official Smogon Tournament

yea i would like to contribute to policy review too, just some of my accomplishments:

- Winner of Smogon Tournament #6
    - Undefeated in WCOP V with a 6-0 record
    - Semi finalist with the Latin America Team in WCOP V
    - Recieved 7 badges on Smogon Frontier
    - Semi finalist with the Circus Maximus Tigers in SPL
    - Participated in Superstars II
    - Voted in Stage 3-2 and Stage 3-3

Thanks for the opportunity guys! i will do my best to help :D
  22. The_Chaser

The_Chaser RVW
    is a Researcher Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL + WCoP Winner

I would like to take part in Policy Review Discussion. My CV:

- Won WCoP with Oceania
    - Runner Up of SPL with Alpharuiners
    - Currently 12th in Smogon Tour
    - Voted in suspect 3-2
  23. dbolt

dbolt

I'd like to participate in Policy Review.

I voted in stage 3-2, played RBY and GSC for the Bigs in SPL, old gen Smogon Tours (top 8 in tours 4 and 5), and some other old gen tournaments in the past.
  24. Flamewheeler

Flamewheeler

Actually, for a while now, I have been looking for some way to get more involved in the forum. So, thank you for the invitation for starters! ^.^

As far as accomplishments go, I have never really won any tournament outside of the Late Night Tournament, but I have however, made it to the quarter, semi, and finals of a variety of tournaments on more than one occasion. These are including, but not limited to:

-The UU themed tournament (semi-finals)
    -Regional tournament (currently finals)
    -Free rayquaza(finals)
    -Monotype II (finals)
    -I am also taking part in the Superstars II tournament where I am now in the top 16.

Of course, this is not all of them, but to be honest, I can't remember anymore at the moment. xD

I know there are not more prestigious tournament records in there, but I never tried to enter any of them actually.

After, being a part of Smogon since late 2008 (I didn't sign up right away), I think I have gained some knowledge both in and out of the game that I could apply here in policy review. I apologize for not getting into more detail, but I'm actually quite shocked that I received such an invitation. So again, I thank you. =)

Edit: I have also voted in suspect testing in both UU and OU.

-OU: 2-3 ( I think, don't quote me xD)
    -UU: I'm not even sure we had stages. =/ I think it was the cress/pz era actually.
  25. Sixonesix

Sixonesix
    is a Past SPL Winner

I would be interested in participating in Policy Review discussions, thank you for considering me.

I am primarily a doubles/VGC player. In 2009, I placed top 8 in the Pokemon Video Game National Championships, and 10th place at that year's World Championships. As for tournaments hosted on Smogon, I placed first in a 64-man single-elimination VGC 10 tournament not too long ago, and I am currently in the grand finals of a 32-man double-elim VGC 09 tournament.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)