Other New Resistance / Avalon Thread - Game 6/10 Friday?!

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Discord makes me reconnect like 5-6 times to get a signal a lot of the time, and I know I'm not alone. The sound quality is also worse than Skype.

Of course some people's Skype apparently got cancer (rip DLE) and others just don't have it, plus Discord has the advantage of being a web-client rather than a standalone application. There's definitely perks to both.

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Discord worked fine for me that first time and then I couldn't hear anyone else talking even though their icons showed they were. When I could talk it also had a horrible echo apparently I don't get on Skype bc I have to use my laptop microphone and I usually don't put my headphones in so I can walk around and still hear.

Also sorry if my voice sounds hideous through said laptop mic rofl......

So personally I'm more inclined to just stick on Skype since it works for me even though it's suk. Since I have no clue how to fix the Discord problem.

Bass

Brother in arms
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnus
Virtually all of my friends in the speedrunning community have long since switched to Discord.

Do you guys use the desktop client or web app? If the latter, I highly recommend installing the desktop client. Compared to skype it has given me virtually no issues whatsoever in terms of audio quality and connectivity (and that's true for virtually all of my speedrunning friends as well). That said, you'll probably need to spend a few minutes configuring audio to get it to work decently. Feel free to ask me any questions if you attempt to do so.

Da Letter El

Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
Discord makes me reconnect like 5-6 times to get a signal a lot of the time, and I know I'm not alone. The sound quality is also worse than Skype.

Of course some people's Skype apparently got cancer (rip DLE) and others just don't have it, plus Discord has the advantage of being a web-client rather than a standalone application. There's definitely perks to both.
Discord has similar cancer issues for me sadly. It takes about 2 minutes to connect, I can't use my browser in the meantime, and I frequently can only hear about half of the people in the room :x

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)