New Season of Live Tournaments

macle

sup geodudes
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

*Approved by Ditto* *Thanks to UPPERDECKER for the Banner*

The Smogon Live Tournaments are on the IRC channel #smogonwifi. We play these tournaments relatively often so keep your eye on Wifi Tournaments for a thread titled similarly to this one. Also, if enough people are on as well as someone to run the tournament, we could have one at any time. So its a good idea to stay in #smogonwifi participate in discussion and have fun!

Wondering how to get there? Here are some guides:
In browser on firefox, Download for Windows, download for Windows and Linux, Download for Mac.

Or to directly join #smogonwifi in browser just click here.

A new season is starting up soon. I'm posting this to see who wants to host and who is willing to donate some prizes to the tournament.

I'm wondering what times are good for people, if they want them later at night or early afternoon and what days they prefer.

Also what kind of tournaments do people want? I imagine the usual OU and vgc but is there any interests in other tiers / metagames?

Biosci

Danger!?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnuswon the 3rd Smogon VGC Tournamentis a Past SCL Champion
I can definitely host and RNG up some prizes for winners. It would be nice to see some lower tiers/old VGC choice selections(2009 or 2010)

Weekends seem to be the time a lot of people are around and have free time/less work to do

Great to see these back up and running.

My Weekends are usually barren so I'd be happy to host any tournaments on Friday or Saturday. Additionally, I'd love to provide prizes for the winners. As far as what metagames I'd like to see, I think the big ones are VGC and GBU since they take very little time to complete and take much less effort to create than a typical OU team (It's a lot easier to get a Pokemon to level 50 than level 100!)

Yes! I loved participating in these when they were still around for VGC 2009/2010. You will have a great turn out if you have weekly VGC 2012 tournaments, I know that I would definitely join myself, and considering how European Nationals is in 2 weeks and US Regionals is in less than 2 months, there will be a great turn out. Occasional VGC 2011/2010/2009 tournaments would be a lot of fun too. I don't know how I feel about singles tournaments since they generally take a lot more time, and I wouldn't play myself.

As for times, I would prefer Sunday afternoon the most, but Saturday afternoon works as well. I can host if needed.

Okay I haven't used IRC in years, and it was on gamesurge when I was an expert in it. So I was wondering if anyone could help me out with setting up my perform in the syn network. I have went to the website and registed, but I can't find anything about setting up my perform etc... I for some reason can't login to my username either. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

-Ian Lohr

Eiganjo

So who did buy all the stroopwafels?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I could also donate some stuff if need be of course :D
good to see these go up again :)

I can provide prizes (3rd, 4th, or 5th gen Pokemon) if you still need any!

Also, I'm interested in LC but I *highly* doubt there'll be enough players (especially considering it's over wifi) to have an LC tourney. Lower tiers like UU would also be a nice too, Imo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)