Other New "Serious" Player Custom Rules Tournament Team

Hey, Smogon Community!

First of all, I just want to say how awesome it is that a resource such as this exists.. too cool.

Anyway, a large group of people across the US are hosting an online tournament with their own custom set of bans. They're banning the following:

M-Blaziken
M-Lucario
M-Gengar
All Legendaries

I'm completely new to competitive battling. I've done some research into the roles, as well as the spreads for some of my favorite Pokémon. I'm hoping to list my 6 favorite options for a team and hope you guys could possibly point me in the right direction. I'm playing against what I assume are a bunch of Joe Pokemoners that have 6 level 100s, but probably have no strategy beyond matching super effective line ups. They probably didn't even IV or EV train. But there probably will be a few guys that know what they're doing. I feel like I could possibly just abuse "broken" pokemon and ROFL stomp most of them big time.. i.e. the blaziken baton pass to a mega-kangaskhan? Anyway.. on with it:

1.) Lead
Metagross​

Assault Vest
Adamant
252HP/252ATT/4Spd
Meteor Mash, Earthquake, Stealth Rock, Bullet Punch

I've always loved this pokemon. I feel like his tankiness provides some versatility as a lead. He also has the ability to throw up the stealth rock, and dish out some pretty big damage. This move set provides some decent type coverage.

2.)
Blaziken

Leftovers
Jolly
4HP/252Att/252Spe
Baton Pass, Protect, Substitute, Flare Blitz

Blaziken has been a favorite pokemon since I first popped in my Sapphire cartridge when I was but a wee lad. Ever since reading about the Baton Pass possibilities, I knew I had to try and include this on my team to take advantage of it. Protect and Substitute provide longevity to get as many speed boosts before passing them on to M-Kang or Aegislash
3.)
M-Kangaskhan

Kangaskhanite
Adamant
4HP/252Att/252Spe
Fake Out, Double-Edge/Return, Sucker Punch, Power-up Punch

I figured I can capitalize on dat Parental Bond and dish out some serious damage. I figured with the speed boost out, a fake out, and some power-up punches, this guy (and little guy) will dish out some serious damage. Not sure if I should take Double-Edge or Return
4.)
Blissey - Natural Cure

Leftovers
Bold
4HP/252Def/252SpD
Soft-Boiled, Heal Bell, Toxic, Seismic toss

My first defensive/cleric pokemon to support my team. I figure this thing can take some serious damage, regenerate, clear any status on my team, lay down a toxic to take down an opposing wall. Plus, Blissey brings back memories of Nurse Joy
5.)
Aegislash

Weakness Policy
Quiet
252HP/252SpA/4Spe
King's Shield, Shadow Ball, Flash Cannon, Substitute

This guy is super-banned normally. So I'm going to super-abuse him. I figure this is another good option to pass on the speed boosts to, as my special attacker, from Blaziken. He also can take a good hit to activate the weakness policy.
6.)
Dragonite

Leftovers
Adamant
216HP/64Att/228SpD
Roost,Dragon Claw,Thunder Punch,Extreme Speed
Dragonite was kind of the wild card. I had thought about getting a physical wall, but I feel like my team is already generally super tanky. I wanted dragonite to have some versatility and provide some type coverage, so I gave him the Thunder Punch and Dragon Claw, while retaining extreme speed for those situations where it was needed.

So yeah.. This team is probably TOTALLY stupid, but hopefully you guys get the general idea of the OP, broken team I'm trying to build for kicks. I would absolutely LOVE and APPRECIATE any time you guys could give to provide some tips and recommendations, as well as reasons why this team is terrible.

Thanks a ton!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)