New Signature Items

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frosty

=_=
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
granting an ability mean being possibly vulnerable to gastro acid etc. And having one more ability have skill swap repercussions etc.

So...

Casteliacone Deluxe: Boosts the BAP of Rollout by 3 and causes its BAP to also be boosted by non-consecutive usage. Increases Defense and Special Defense by 1 rank. Causes the Pokemon to always move last within its priority bracket, regardless of Speed. The Pokemon's attacks will never miss an opponent and opponents' attacks will never miss the Pokemon. OHKO moves have normal accuracy when used with or against a Pokemon with this item.
Affects: Lickitung, Lickilicky.

Dueling Gloves: Boosts the BAP of Double Hit by 2 per hit. Increases STAB bonus by 1. Boosts Atk rank by 1. Fling causes the target to become taunted for 3 actions. The holder is not considered encumbered.
Affects: Aipom, Ambipom.

WRT Relic Crown, thoughts? I did see Glacier's proposal and I have serious problems to how it boosts too much a typing that Yanmega pretty much doesn't use, Tangrowth uses sparingly and Mamoswine uses quite a lot. Mamoswine has screens, stone edge and some other rock moves. Tangrowth has rock slide, ancient power and reflect (so like half rock utility) and Yanmega has Ancient Power. And that is all. Finally, being good vs sand is useless for tangrowth and yanmega for the most part, since tangrowth will mince rock mons regardless and yanmega will be minced with or without the spd boost.

So yeah, I am heavily against focusing on giving STAB, as it is a very uneven option.

Also, explaining for things: the item gives two 9bap rock moves, one special and one physical. Mamoswine can properly use the physical and Yanmega the special. Tangrowth can use both, so it has a small advantage. That is why I put +1 stab, so Tangrowth gets +1 one type and Yanmega/Mamoswine on two types, possibly evening the difference.

Just to explain.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Does it actually matter what the description says when the proposed has the same meaning? I mean we do not see anyone campaigning to change the description of Lagging Tail to confer the no guard ability due to length, so why should CCD be a special snowflake?

Frosty

=_=
Relic Crown: Boosts the BAP of Ancient Power by 3 and of Rock Slide by 1. Boosts SpD rank by 1. Increases STAB bonus by 1.
Affects: Mamoswine, Piloswine, Yanma, Yanmega, Tangela, Tangrowth.

I will move forward with the discussion. If you still want to bring up Relic Crown, do so soon.

- - - - - - - - -

next on line is

Royal Honey: Increases the DEF and SPD Ranks of the equipped by one (1). "Order" moves cost two (2) less EN to use and have their priority increased by 1.
Affects: Combee, Vespiqueen.

Personally I fail to see reason for more boost. 9bap priority is pretty nifty. Regardless, thoughts?

JJayyFeather

Drifting~
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Vespiquen @ Royal Honey: 100/3/5/3/5/40 ~ Same stats as RC Vespiquen

Attack Order: 9 BAP, 5 EN, Prio 1, Crit Stage +1
Defend Order: 5 EN, Prio 1, Def and SpD Stage +1
Heal Order: 10 EN, Prio 1, Heal 20 HP
(Just in case anyone is wondering what the item effects)

Yeah, this item definitely doesn't need any extra help since it gives RC stats, a 9 BAP STAB priority attack, and a priority defense and healing move.

The problem with Royal Honey isn't that the item is weak, it's Vespiquen. I could see a good argument for dropping the Def and SpDef boost and replacing it with Filter, but having both and the priority boost would be considerably better than Rare Candy's boost.

Also, I feel like being pedantic here: royal honey is not a thing, it's actually called royal jelly.

Jayelt does your thing include STAB reductions for the en?
But yeah the issue is the mon not the item. We put a lid on bug buffs, but I would still love to see 100/4/4 defenses with filter.

Filter just gives -2bap to super effective moves, compared to the -1.5 from the +1def/sdef. However, filter makes it much frailer to neutral attacks.

Frosty

=_=
giving it filter is too good and arbitrary. It will clearly make it pass the RC barrier and then some. Not gonna happen.

I am in doubt tho if the power is good enough. Possibly Lacks punch. Am considering a small boost to Attack Order BAP or something along those lines.

Reactions: FMD
Frosty: filter instead of +defenses is only an effective -0.5 bap to super effective attacks, and +1.5 damage to nuetral and nve attacks compared to +1 defenses

+1bap to Attack order sounds fun for sure if someone ever is forced to use badiquen.

Frosty

=_=
Royal Honey: Increases the DEF and SPD Ranks of the equipped by one (1). "Order" moves cost two (2) less EN to use and have their priority increased by 1.
Affects: Combee, Vespiqueen.

Keeping as is. Unless someone has any serious problem with it (say if you do).

- - - -

Next is:

Rain Brooch: The affected Pokemon enters battle with Hydration activated, regardless of weather. Increases the power of "Whip" and "Tail" moves by 3, and their accuracy by 10.

For the record the list of moves affected is:

Power Whip
Aqua Tail
Dragon tail
Iron tail
Poison tail

thoughts?

JJayyFeather

Drifting~
Hmm, maybe I missed this in the previous thread when the concept was made, but 2 things: Why no stat boosts, and I don't think it matches up very well with RC (which yields 1 Rank SpD and +2 STABs)

Suggestion: +1 BAP to SE moves instead of or in addition to the whip/tail bonus just because Goodra gets a lot of coverage, and majority of it in special attacks

Last edited:
Imo give it sheer force so it can make use of its huge coverage.

Thus:
Hydration active
+1 bap and +10 acc to tail moves
+effects of sheer force

That should make up for no stat boost and give better coverage than just iron tail aqua tail dragon tail (which admittedly is pretty good)

Goodra doesn't care about status
Iron Tail loses its secondary effect and gains +3 bap and 85% acc
Aqua Tail and Dragon tail have 100% acc and gain +1 bap
A lot of Goodra's coverage gains +2 BAP and loses their secondary effects (looking at elemental beams here)

Last edited:
As everyone mentioned before hand, this is fairly weak, considering that Goodra's movepool encourages it to run Quiet.. meaning that the only move in that list that it has any reason to use other than to avoid consec EN cost is Power Whip.
Alternative Proposal:
Rain Brooch: The affected Pokemon enters battle with Hydration activated, regardless of weather. Increases the power of Water-type and Electric-type moves by 1 BAP. Increases the power of super-effective moves by 1 BAP. Increases the accuracy of all moves by 10%.

Also, if you're opposed to mini-ebelt for whatever reason(like the fact that it can just, like, actually run ebelt), replace it with +1 Def

Last edited:

JJayyFeather

Drifting~
Hmm, I like that proposal a lot more just because it makes better use of Goodra's movepool.

For Reference - The major difference here
Original: Whip and Tail moves are all physical which come at R4 Atk, but only 5 moves get boosted. Of which Goodra which only really touch Dragon Tail, Power Whip, and Iron Tail

Phoenix: Provides miniature EBelt, works with the rain a bit more by boosting Water and Electric by 1 BAP [Mostly Tbolt/Thunder, Aqua Tail, Muddy Water]

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
Movepool encouages Quiet? Really? 11 types of Physical Move (10 excluding Poison Tail) vs 10 types of Special (9 if you don't care to count Infestation). I'd say you can run either Brave or Quiet... but my plans don't involve running a Goodra at all atm, so w/e.

Having a 9 BAP STAB Switch Forcer, and a 15 BAP beatstick is very potent - and I believe you're all underrating the power of perma-Hydration.

IMO you maybe need a +1 SpD to match RC, and that'd be it? Note that we're not balancing around Expert Belt, we're balancing around RC.

I have to agree with Dogfish here.

Isnt the big point of the new items to take on the pokemon's unique(ish) qualities to develop something entirely new that also feels useful?

We dont need to create a better Expert Belt because Goodra can just run that item instead. The current proposition to boost "Tail" and "Whip" moves works well with Goodra's movepool and really shouldnt be understimated. Essentially getting a STAB on Grass and Steel, while getting better Water coverage and a 9 BAP Phazing move is a very good way to buff it without, necessarily, outclassing other item options.

At best make the item a bit stronger (Ie, +1 Sp. Def or something), but the Tail/Whip concept is a good one.

Reactions: FMD

Frosty

=_=
So, two options here:

Rain Brooch: The affected Pokemon enters battle with Hydration activated, regardless of weather. Increases the power of "Whip" and "Tail" moves by 3, and their accuracy by 10. Increases SpD by 1 rank.

Rain Brooch: The affected Pokemon enters battle with Hydration activated, regardless of weather. Increases the power of "Whip" and "Tail" moves by 3. Increases accuracy on all moves by 10.

First has the trademark +best stat and the second grants accuracy boost on all moves. ftr the second is similar to our first idea to this move, which is why I added it too.

I am thinking on putting this on the booth. Thoughts?

- - - - -

Also, let's begin the discussion on the last item so I can implement the final changes this year still

Dark Band: Increases Atk Rank by 1. Boosts Iron Fist by 1 BAP. Boosts Dark-Typed damaging moves by 1 BAP.
Affects: Pangoro, Pancham

Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)