General Introduce yourself!

Hello smogon, I'm Jordan. I've played Pokemon since the original Red/Blue days, good times when I didn't know a damn thing about pokemon. I didn't start to get competitive until 4th gen and used smogon extensively for that. I've lurked on the forums a few times, but finally decided to start to use my account. Favorite pokemon is Mew, favorite mega is Sceptile and that's about it. I look forward to playing with you people.

Hello Smogon Users!
My name is Noah and i'm 14(15 feb 24 2015).
i came to this site since it was recommended to me by a friend and I've been hooked ever since may.
I advise you to check out my profile as I've filled out the about myself part for some more information.
My first pokemon game was pokemon Diamond and i've been playing the pokemon franchise ever since those good old days. and i've kept one good old nostalgia friend of mine since platinum to my pokemon alpha sapphire game: my good old friend Gardevoir!
so thats it for now and Thanks for your time.

Hey guys I just made an account and yes shinys are the best I try to breed shinys will no succes but I still try I'm trying to make competive teams but have no idea how! :)

Ay, harro. My name's Carlo and I'm from italy, I'm 20 and the first version of pokemon I've played is blue, I've been on a poke-hiatus ever since playing Sapphire, just trying out the games casually on an emulator but now I've managed to buy a cheap 3DS from my cousin and I just recently started playing AS and I'm now working on a competitive team. I had been previously lurking smogon to learn stuff to apply on shoddy, back in the 4th gen days but now, here I am.
And umh, well, yeah, I guess this is pretty much everything. If any of you have got any question I'll be happy to answer, see you guys around.

Minus

get a dog little longy, get a dog
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
So I figured I'd ask here, because why not.

I see something about mentors and all that in another forum, but it looks like the program itself is closed off. Is that still a thing or no?
It's still around, but less structured. Redew can give you a better answer.
Hey. Returning long-time member here (formerly Phoenix_Wright on the slight, off chance anybody remembers), been lurking on Smogon since late 2006 and signed up a year or so later! I've been playing Pokemon for almost 14 years now - I'm 20, got a yellow GBC/Red for my 7th birthday. I've been on the competitive scene since early DPP. The DexNav inspired me to turn competitive again, and here I am.

Competitive-wise, I'm a bit rusty, but I've got tons of experience. I mainly play OU and I've peaked at #1 on two separate occasions, with a hyper offense team in DPP and an anti-weather team in BW. Looking to contribute and get involved a bit more this time around, maybe with views to becoming a battle mentor.

Glad to be back (and glad to see the smilies haven't changed). :pimp:
That's really cool. If you want to be a Tutuor, check out this thread! Eolcome back :]
Hi all! I'm Conor, a student from England. I'm a big fan of all things Sci-Fi and fantasy, when I'm not searching for a job.

I've been playing Pokémon since the beginning, but only started playing competitively around the XY release. I've had some brief joy on the PS ladder, I can make a solid balanced team, and I'm fairly confident in my abilities. Now, I'm hoping to make the next step up in skill, as well as branch out to other play-styles and finally make an NU team that doesn't get completely crushed/

Good to meet you all. :)
Hey! I started playing around then too :> Good luck and Welcome to Smogon!
Hi, I've been trying to get into competitive for awhile now. I started in gen 1, quit during gen 3, and got back in gen 5. I've started a basic volt-turn team but have been having trouble adapting to the ORAS meta. Also have been having trouble finding players who follow smogon rules, which seem to be a more fair and balanced version of the game (Anyone can dominate with a primal evolution or mega kangaskhan, the game becomes fun without op stuff actually).

I do have the issue of needing a volt turn team spinner/defogger that is attainable after gen 5. Forretress isn't doing it as well as i'd like. Really wish defog would have been tutorable in oras.
You can always play on Pokemon Showdown, Smogon's battling simulator! That way, you don't need to loook for people, you can join a battle automatically (and it's fast). Just keep playing and you'll get used to it. Welcome to Smogon!
Hi I'm Chambs, and I've been playing since 3rd gen Leafgreen. My favorite game was emerald and I am looking forward to getting ORAS. I have put a lot of time into my X game and I just fell in love with wonder trade. I have been looking at Smogon for it's strategy dex and just decided to become a member
That's really cool. Welcome to Smogon!
Thanks for the welcome! Be very cool if you could give some tips on where I could start on the NU subform.

And all else that joined long after me, welcome! Hope we can buddy up someday! :)
You can start by lurking through threads like this one. Once you feel knowledgeable and comfortable enough, go ahead and post!
Hi, I'm Falx. I've been lurking for a while checking out the strategy dex, learning a lot. I've played pokemon since gen1, but was oblivious to how it all really works until around gen 4 when I started trying simulators. It was like my childhood was a lie... Lol.

Anyways, I decided to finally make an account and really see what this was all about.
lol yeah, competitive battling is really different from in-game. Welcome to Smogon!
Hello, I'm Daniel, i'm 21 and i'm new in the world of competitive pokemon battle =) i'm here to learn how to play and build a good team.
Nice to hear! Welcome to Smogon!
Hello smogon, I'm Jordan. I've played Pokemon since the original Red/Blue days, good times when I didn't know a damn thing about pokemon. I didn't start to get competitive until 4th gen and used smogon extensively for that. I've lurked on the forums a few times, but finally decided to start to use my account. Favorite pokemon is Mew, favorite mega is Sceptile and that's about it. I look forward to playing with you people.
That's cool haha. I started competitive battling with XY, and it's been really fun. Sceptile is also a cool mega :>
Hello Smogon Users!
My name is Noah and i'm 14(15 feb 24 2015).
i came to this site since it was recommended to me by a friend and I've been hooked ever since may.
I advise you to check out my profile as I've filled out the about myself part for some more information.
My first pokemon game was pokemon Diamond and i've been playing the pokemon franchise ever since those good old days. and i've kept one good old nostalgia friend of mine since platinum to my pokemon alpha sapphire game: my good old friend Gardevoir!
so thats it for now and Thanks for your time.
Haha nice, I'll be sure to check it out. You must be happy about Mega-Gardevoir, right? Welcome to Smogon!
Hey guys I just made an account and yes shinys are the best I try to breed shinys will no succes but I still try I'm trying to make competive teams but have no idea how! :)
You can always go to Pokemon Showdown, Smogon's battling simulator (http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/), if you don't like to breed haha. Welcome to Smogon!
Ay, harro. My name's Carlo and I'm from italy, I'm 20 and the first version of pokemon I've played is blue, I've been on a poke-hiatus ever since playing Sapphire, just trying out the games casually on an emulator but now I've managed to buy a cheap 3DS from my cousin and I just recently started playing AS and I'm now working on a competitive team. I had been previously lurking smogon to learn stuff to apply on shoddy, back in the 4th gen days but now, here I am.
And umh, well, yeah, I guess this is pretty much everything. If any of you have got any question I'll be happy to answer, see you guys around.
Hey! That's cool haha. Nice to see you got yourself a 3ds. How have the games been? I haven't gotten ORAS myself, but I heard they were really fun. Welcome to Smogon!

and that's everyone \o/

Hey! That's cool haha. Nice to see you got yourself a 3ds. How have the games been? I haven't gotten ORAS myself, but I heard they were really fun. Welcome to Smogon!
ORAS is an eye candy, especially 'cause I haven't played X/Y so I'm not really used to all the fancy graphics and stuff.
But yeah the adventure part is pretty much way too sandbox there is literally 0 challenge throughout the whole game.
But someone can easily object by stating that the game's target is very wide so the game itself being easy is intended and that's fine with me, pvp is there for a reason anyway :3

SUP! I'm Gale, 18, and I've been playing Pokemanz competetively since XY. I've been lurking around most tier sub-forums and laddering for the most part but I haven't posted much. Right now I'm enjoying OU and NU. Pleased to meet'cha! :]

Hello guys and girls, I'm Giles. I'm 19 and I have been playing Pokemon since day one and have played pretty much all the good Pokemon games. Been through all the regions bar kalos which I regret! I'm going to get x and y very soon for Xmas. I'm currently playing omega ruby ( just gt 8th badge) but got a lot to do on the game. I have never been in a competetive match before but I want to give it a shot! I have spoke to a few friends and they say that there is a lot to learn to get good at this but I am more than willing enough to learn the robes of competetive gaming so I can get better and show my potential at Pokemon battles. I have always had a love for Pokemon, playing and watching it for years and years and will never grow tired of it.

I want to know as much as I can about battling as I get a thrill from Pokemon battles that I don't get anywhere else so I hope somebody can guide me to where I can get started on my learning and hopefully because I think I can be a good and competetive opponent for anyone. Anyway enough boring text! Hope everyone is all and well, speak to you all soon :)

Hello everyone! My name is Loyalty1998. I've been playing Pokemon for almost ten years now, and I used to think I was good at it until I found the Smogon community. Thanks to this website, I can finally learn more about competitive battling, training, and breeding pokemon.

I have at least one game from every generation, and have played them through. My most recent one is Omega Ruby, and I'm looking to build a competitive team on Omega Ruby and X.

Minus

SUP! I'm Gale, 18, and I've been playing Pokemanz competetively since XY. I've been lurking around most tier sub-forums and laddering for the most part but I haven't posted much. Right now I'm enjoying OU and NU. Pleased to meet'cha! :]
That's nice, and don't be afraid of posting as long as it's knowledgeable and follows the rules! Welcome to Smogon!
Hello guys and girls, I'm Giles. I'm 19 and I have been playing Pokemon since day one and have played pretty much all the good Pokemon games. Been through all the regions bar kalos which I regret! I'm going to get x and y very soon for Xmas. I'm currently playing omega ruby ( just gt 8th badge) but got a lot to do on the game. I have never been in a competetive match before but I want to give it a shot! I have spoke to a few friends and they say that there is a lot to learn to get good at this but I am more than willing enough to learn the robes of competetive gaming so I can get better and show my potential at Pokemon battles. I have always had a love for Pokemon, playing and watching it for years and years and will never grow tired of it.

I want to know as much as I can about battling as I get a thrill from Pokemon battles that I don't get anywhere else so I hope somebody can guide me to where I can get started on my learning and hopefully because I think I can be a good and competetive opponent for anyone. Anyway enough boring text! Hope everyone is all and well, speak to you all soon :)
That's nice! This should help you :] good luck and welcome to Smogon!
Hello everyone! My name is Loyalty1998. I've been playing Pokemon for almost ten years now, and I used to think I was good at it until I found the Smogon community. Thanks to this website, I can finally learn more about competitive battling, training, and breeding pokemon.

I have at least one game from every generation, and have played them through. My most recent one is Omega Ruby, and I'm looking to build a competitive team on Omega Ruby and X.
That's cool. Why don't you test out your team on Pokemon Showdown first? Welcome to Smogon!

That's nice, and don't be afraid of posting as long as it's knowledgeable and follows the rules! Welcome to Smogon!

That's nice! This should help you :] good luck and welcome to Smogon!

That's cool. Why don't you test out your team on Pokemon Showdown first? Welcome to Smogon!
I wish I could, but my 3DS' SD card ran out of room after I bought SSB4. I can't update the game until I get a new SD card. But thanks for the advice! I'll keep that in mind when I'm finally able to do it :)

Minus

I wish I could, but my 3DS' SD card ran out of room after I bought SSB4. I can't update the game until I get a new SD card. But thanks for the advice! I'll keep that in mind when I'm finally able to do it :)
I didn't mean anything about in-game, I was talking about Pokemon Showdown, Smogon's battle simulator. You don't need anything in-game to play :]

I Had a question maybe someone could help me out or direct me to the right place? So I'm trying to breed a ferroseed with spikes and leech seed I know the only poke in its egg groups with both is cacturne but every time I try breeding a male cacturne with both those moves with a female ferro I only get more cacnea am I doing this right or do they genders need to be switched. A male ferro and female cacturne?

QueBien

Nomad, vagabond, call me what you will
So I figured I'd ask here, because why not.

I see something about mentors and all that in another forum, but it looks like the program itself is closed off. Is that still a thing or no?
Hmm, that's new to me. Try going to the "Smogon Hangout" or "Competitive Tutoring" rooms in Showdown as it is a much faster way of getting a mentor to help you. Just PM one of the users with an "@" or "#" symbols in front of their name and they will be happy to help!

Last edited:

QueBien

Nomad, vagabond, call me what you will
I Had a question maybe someone could help me out or direct me to the right place? So I'm trying to breed a ferroseed with spikes and leech seed I know the only poke in its egg groups with both is cacturne but every time I try breeding a male cacturne with both those moves with a female ferro I only get more cacnea am I doing this right or do they genders need to be switched. A male ferro and female cacturne?
No, you're doing it right. As Bulbapedia says, the resulting Pokemon that will hatch from the egg will be the first evolutionary stage of the mother. Try the "Wi-Fi" room in Showdown or its section of the forums to get some help with your dilemma.

Hello everyone! Not sure how to introduce myself so i'll just say i'm 23 and brazilian. I'm a pokemon player since the old Red and Blue times, having a go at every gen since then, but only got into competitive on the last months of X and Y (was working on my now complete living dex before that).

My favorite type is water and least favorite is probably ice. Anyway, been testing some mons on wifi battle and trying to know some more by battling at Showdown's "random team" battles, and i joined Smogon with the intention of getting better at battling and building good/interesting teams.

Hi everyone!

I took a break from Pokemon ever since diamond/pearl/plat and recently picked up a new 3DS XL and omega ruby. Started in the old R/B times and have lurked smogon in the past before but only recently created an account.

Joined in hopes of getting some shinies/ a trade thread going. As well as to build a proper competitive team!

Looking forward to learning more about pokemon with you all!

Hai everyone !

I've been playing Pokémon since the very first versions, started red, then yellow, and did them all eventually. After it switched to DS, I sadly had to take breaks, then I played on emulators once it was available. I finally got my 3DS XL and am now playing Omega Ruby. I've always wanted to try some competitive content on Pokémon, so here I am. I lurked on Smogon for a little while already, and now that I have what it takes to really create a real competitive team, I've decided to become a bit more present there, to learn faster and participate more !

I'm mostly interested in the UU tier, and I hope I'll have my team running soon ! ^-^

So Im looking forward to battle you all guys !

I'm Kai, I'm 16, and I've been playing since generation one.
When I was really young, my parents got me a GameBoy Advance and Pokemon Red. I've played every other generation and liked the game ever since.

If you've seen my one and only (now deleted) post, then you know I don't know much about competitive battle... Hehe.
But I guess that's why I'm bothering introducing myself!

Just an FYI: I do know about EVs, IVs, and Natures, it's just more of the fine details in competitive play that I don't know about.

Forced anal intercourse!!
Lmfao sorry, but I'm sure it got your attention. My name is Daniel and I've played pokemon since the beginning, I'm 21. I have omega ruby now and it is the first one I've been interested in as far as breeding shinys, catching shinys, and filling the dex. My main reason for being here is to trade pokemon and fill my dex.

Yo, you guys can call me Cyclo. I've been playing pokemon, every gen since Pokemon Crystal. Ever since Gen IV popularized competitive battling, I've been fascinated by the cool strategy and awesome plays I saw on youtube. Totally dedicated a whole summer to watch a whole bunch of wi-fi battles on youtube. Back then I used to watched a lot of random youtubers but slowly kept watching a cool wifi battler known as Xenon3120. Nowadays I watch wifi battles from all poketubers such as shofu and pokeaim.

Though I couldn't understand Evs/Ivs, I didn't get into 4th Gen competitive. It was only in 5th gen is when I understood all of that, building my first competitive team and posted it on the RMT section of smogon. My favorite aspect that attracted me to competitive battles was the awesome plays you can make like double switching and predictions.

Hey there !

I'm Neitral and I breed and play in online battles. I started to play this way on XY, but my first pokemon game was the Red edition so long ago.
I play the AS version so, if you wanna a pokemon from this version/fight with me, just send me a message.

Have a good day,
Neitral

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)