General Introduce yourself!

Evening, or Morning if you will, it's half three here in the UK.
I'm JT, or Jimmy, and I'm 22. Been playing pokémon since '97 when I first got my hands on Red version from a friend who's dad bought if for her in america, I then got yellow, blue and continued into Gold, Crystal, Ruby, Emerald, Leaf Green, Diamond, SS, W, W2 and then X (still got a 5 day wait for ORAS here in the UK!) so as you can tell I've played a lot. That said I never really got into the IV/EV/Nature side of things until SS and even then it wasn't really for comp play as such, more so I could whoop my 6th form friends that also played.

Come XY I decided to get a bit more into the comp side of things, learnt how to breed properly and consulted smogon more that previously to get move sets, EV spreads and the like, however I only ever had limited success on battle spot and things. This is believe is partially down to the fact I don't really know how to build teams all that well, I built one consisting of TTar, M-Chomp, Defensive Gastrodon, AV Goodra, CB Talonflame and Stick Web Gavantula. The idea being that Gav would sticky web, with a Sash then if possible either threaten what was before it or Volt Switch out. Gastrodon and Goodra formed my defensive mons, able to take a few hits, inflict status and when able let off some damage. Ttar and M-chomp were then my sweepers, DD Ttar setting up Sandstorm and blowing as many holes as possible so that with Stick Web support I could bring Chomp into the storm, M-Evolve get the sword dance off and wreak. With Talonflame being there to break things. It worked when everything went to plan however anyone with different weather setters, fast non-grounded mons, or simply hyper offensive pressure that could prevent my setup tore it to bits.

My other draw back I guess is that I am a HUGE Dragon fanboy * and I have been since Gen 1. My league team on Blue was funnily enough identical to Lance's - Gyarados, Charizard, Aerodactyl and 3 Dragonites (you wouldn't believe the money I spent at the game corner!) Which usually leads me to creating teams of either entirely (psudo) dragons, or megas that gain the dragon typing. I had yet more limited success with a hyper offensive team consisting of MegaZardX, Multiscale Dragonite, Latios, Garchomp, CritDra, and either MixMence or Gyarados. As you can imagine any seasoned player with a decent ice or fairy could tear holes in me if I didn't get my setup. Of course sometimes it did go very well and I'd take an ice beam on Multiscale Weakness Policy Dragonite giving a + 3 Atk an +1 Speed in a single turn however priority was always an issue, not to mention hazards.

Heh I realise I am going on and on, sorry about that. I guess what I'm really looking for on Smogon, besides of course the community side (none of my friends play anymore it is somewhat saddening) is a greater knowledge of team building and how to create decent synergy between mons that I enjoy while still covering weaknesses and the like.

* just to iterate how much of a fanboy I am for dragons - I have already bread a 5IV team for AS when I get it consisting of: 31/31/31/x/31/31 Jolly Bagon, 31/31/31/x/31/31 Jolly Trapinch, 31/x/31/31/31/31 Modest Horsea, 31/x/31/31/31/31 Modest Swablu, 31/x/31/31/31/31 Timid Trecko and finally an old Dragonite HM slave - JUST for my playthrough, each of them carrying as close to their final moveset as I can give them in their lowest forms (tailored a little to promote ease of gameplay - i.e substituting the low PP hard hitting moves for their 85-95 Power alternatives, Fire Blast to Flamethrower and the like) - ALL dragons, or will be and for the most part native to the original RS. I wanted to try and regain some of the feel of the first time I played Ruby.

TL:DR Im Jimmy, I love Dragons, I played all Gens, I'd like to get better at team building. OU is probably where I'll stay. Cheers!

Last edited:
Greetings, Smogon community.

My name is Brandon, but I'll be known as GildedByte here on Smogon. I'm 20 years old, and I've been playing Pokemon for 12 years or so. (since Ruby version)

I play Pokemon for the thrill and adventure of exploring new lands, but in Fifth Gen I started to consider, and play competitively. It was also around that time I came across Smogon, and started reading up on some of the discussions about the metagame at the time. With joining Smogon today I only hope to better myself as a player, and improve upon what I know. I hope we can get along and and strive to improve ourselves in this wonderful world of Pokemon.

Cheers!

hello... well i pretty suck at presenting myself so i will try to be direct. first of all sorry if any grammar spelling mistake (english is not my native language) second although i have been playing pokemon since fire red i dont know advanced breeding mechanics nor building a competitve team. i got the desire to aim for advancing my skills. also i admired this page and all the people who spent time on pokemon and take it serious. thanks for the opportunity to join smogon and i hope that at the end i will be usefull for smogon.

Hello im new i just made a smogon account but i just wanted to know how this thing works and also you should friend me on the 3ds i play omega ruby and i mainly use uu or nu tiers sometimes lower i rarely use ou or ubers but i do like to battle so if u use nu or uu plz friend me

Hey. I'm Ununhexium, and I've been a member since January. I'm 15 and from New Hampshire. I'm mostly a UU player though I dabble in OU and I'm a large participant in the CAP Project (currently serving on the Policy Review Committee). That's pretty Mich all you need to know about me.
Hey we should play with each other for battles i mainly use uu and nu barely ever ou or ubers but i have pokemon omega ruby

Hey i like battles like that too we should battle do u have a 3ds on omega ruby or alpha sapphire?
hi
I'm 17 and I have been on this site for quite a bit of time. The areas I specialize in are Ru and Nu (and pu if you are into that) and I am an official b101 tutor so I can help you with battling and stuff like that. I can also help to begin writing analysis so just vm/pm for any of the above.
I also speak Italian if you aren't very confident with your english so don't be afraid! :)
s

Hi, my name is Raven, and I am here to try to learn how to put together a successful Competitive Team with some of my Favorite Pokemon that I like to use!
I have a small, general idea of how EV's and IV's work, and I really hope to get some wonderful help from the community!

I have a rival who is also into Competitive teams, and since we have been childhood rivals, I really want to be successful!

W
Hi, my name is Raven, and I am here to try to learn how to put together a successful Competitive Team with some of my Favorite Pokemon that I like to use!
I have a small, general idea of how EV's and IV's work, and I really hope to get some wonderful help from the community!

I have a rival who is also into Competitive teams, and since we have been childhood rivals, I really want to be successful!
What i do is put 1 pokemon on the team and work from there i see his weaknesses and put another on there to counter it and keep doing it till they all cancel out there weaknesses but natures Ivs evs are important to and make sure u have special defensive pokes defensive attacking and special attacking and then teach them moves that goes with there stats and will get rid of every weakness the u r in a battle u can predict the switch or call there bluff and attck i hope this helped

W

What i do is put 1 pokemon on the team and work from there i see his weaknesses and put another on there to counter it and keep doing it till they all cancel out there weaknesses but natures Ivs evs are important to and make sure u have special defensive pokes defensive attacking and special attacking and then teach them moves that goes with there stats and will get rid of every weakness the u r in a battle u can predict the switch or call there bluff and attck i hope this helped
Ah, that is really helpful! But it is also the movesets of Pokemon that I deeply struggle with. I have the ability to breed 5 IV Pokemon and to pass Natures along from parent to child if they are good. Also, another problem I have is that I tend to want to use some of my favorite Pokemon. I always think to myself, "What's the point of winning if I can't use the Pokemon I really enjoy?"

Well u can use the pokemon u want but its better to put them into different teams if they don't do well together but if they do u can put them on a team and if u cant figure out what moves to use u can look up on smogon tiers different sets like a defensive umbreon or an special attacking
Ah, that is really helpful! But it is also the movesets of Pokemon that I deeply struggle with. I have the ability to breed 5 IV Pokemon and to pass Natures along from parent to child if they are good. Also, another problem I have is that I tend to want to use some of my favorite Pokemon. I always think to myself, "What's the point of winning if I can't use the Pokemon I really enjoy?"
u can use the

I got ruby we should friend each other i like uu and nu battles or lower tiers but my friend code is on my account
Cool! I'm getting Ruby, since I tend to buy the red versions- though might see if I can get Sapphire over christmas, I want a spare gen 6 game for replaying/nuzlocke purposes. I've been hanging around orange islands, trying not to spoil myself too much though!
ruby we should friend each othe my friend code is

Hey im new and i really like to battle in omega ruby on the 3ds i like nu or uu tiers or lower tiers i rarely go into ou or ubers so if u like the same thing friend me my friend code is in my account also i trade i have tons of legandary and shinys

Hi all! I've playing competitively for 1 years about and now I've made this account for discuss with you about the various metagame, especially for the OU meta.

TheEnder

a petal in the wind
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Hi all! I've playing competitively for 1 years about and now I've made this account for discuss with you about the various metagame, especially for the OU meta.
Hi there :) I joined this community one year ago, which also when I started my competitive playing, so we're much alike :] The OU subforum is a great place to discuss a lot of things, and it's the subforum I idle in. Shout out if you have any questions n_n

Last edited:
Hello everyone. Its been a long time since I last played competitive Pokemon. I started back in 2007 and used to play on smogon's shoddy battle server. I stopped playing late 2009. A lot of the old forums and sites I used to use are dead now, so I thought that this would be the best option to get back into Pokemon again. A lot of people I knew back in the day regularly used the forums, I'm not sure if they're still around but I'm hoping to meet some new people and learn the game again.

antemortem

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head
Metagame just so you know, you can click the reply button on everyone's post that you want to reply to and then it'll all be in one of your posts so you don't post multiple times in a row, which is often frowned upon on Smogon. take care to not do that in the future. :)

Hello everyone. Its been a long time since I last played competitive Pokemon. I started back in 2007 and used to play on smogon's shoddy battle server. I stopped playing late 2009. A lot of the old forums and sites I used to use are dead now, so I thought that this would be the best option to get back into Pokemon again. A lot of people I knew back in the day regularly used the forums, I'm not sure if they're still around but I'm hoping to meet some new people and learn the game again.
Hi there! I'm also an old player of Smogon's Shoddy server and I share with you the whole "taking a break" aspect and then also "getting back into it." It's definitely really fun nowadays, sometimes even more fun than the old stuff you might be used to. Anything in particular you want to start doing competitively?

Hi there! I'm also an old player of Smogon's Shoddy server and I share with you the whole "taking a break" aspect and then also "getting back into it." It's definitely really fun nowadays, sometimes even more fun than the old stuff you might be used to. Anything in particular you want to start doing competitively?
I'd like to get back into standard Ou play and possibly once I get the hang of things again try out for some tournaments and what not. First I have to learn what Pokemon are good again.

Lord Wallace

Hentai Connoiseur
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Sup guys, I'm 18, and I've been on Smogon for a while, since 2011, and have grown a lot since then as a battler (which I'm thankful to the community for) but have just never been consistently active on IRC or the forums enough to truly get involved or recognized.

I mostly post in RMT either posting teams or rating them. I could've probably had a team rater badge by now but like I said I just haven't had the time to be consistent about it. But if you do need another opinion on a OU, UU or VGC team feel free to VM me.
More recently I also post on competitive discussion threads (mostly OU) and I hang around Orange Islands from time to time too.
My favorite and best tier in 6th Gen is UU despite usually being more involved on OU threads but oh well. I'm also becoming more active in the VGC scene, since I have connections to a couple really good VGC veterans that have given me advice this season including Enosh Shachar who played at Worlds this year.
I also admin the largest active Pokemon wifi community on Facebook, with almost 30,000 members.
That's pretty much all there is to know about me.

If theres anyone who likes nu or uu battles on the 3ds in pokemon omega ruby or alpha sapphire add me as a friend my friend code is on my account info

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)