New team

well actually, I was pretty good back in pokemon diamond and pearl, 4th gen was my backyard, though I stopped playing during school, kinda lost my touch, though this team did win 21/25 battles, and thanks for the compliment! :)

I use this jellicent:

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
252 Hp , 144 Defence , remaining EV's in speed/special defence as you like

This gives him i believe 270 in specal and normal defece, so makes for a sturdy common wall.
can you please give me a full analysis of jellicent, as what nature?

bold? well, so i should use a set like this:

Jellicent: @Leftovers
Bold Nature
252 HP-144 Sp. defense - 108 Defence
1- Taunt
2- Scald
3- Toxic
4- Recover

I thought toxic would be better since scald can burn.

Yeah that works but scald is unreliable in a way and burn can make it so that jelli can stall a physical attacker out , where he cant stall it out if not burned. Having to do scald several times in a row would make u take more dammage then doing 1 WoW .
Toxic would be better for the Walls but burn still hurts them and in the end it wont matter that much. Therefor i would still say : go with WoW , and maybe take surf over scald so you dont accidentually burn a conkeldurr as this can mean the end .

Yeah that works but scald is unreliable in a way and burn can make it so that jelli can stall a physical attacker out , where he cant stall it out if not burned. Having to do scald several times in a row would make u take more dammage then doing 1 WoW .
Toxic would be better for the Walls but burn still hurts them and in the end it wont matter that much. Therefor i would still say : go with WoW , and maybe take surf over scald so you dont accidentually burn a conkeldurr as this can mean the end .
ehh, I hate that crappy guts ability, also I guess your right, but I do think that toxic can really help with walls, since it does increase damage, while I have to wait 16 turns to kill a pokemon with burn, on 1/16, I dunno, I still need a pokemon that can poison stuff you know.

True but , you can still kill walls with the jelli because of taunt.
Taunt them , then burn stall them out OR taunt them , switch to the salamance i adviced and 1shot them (as most walls dont have anything against a Salamance , but always try to scout out the moveset as some vaporeons do have icebeam wich can turn the tides)

True but , you can still kill walls with the jelli because of taunt.
Taunt them , then burn stall them out OR taunt them , switch to the salamance i adviced and 1shot them (as most walls dont have anything against a Salamance , but always try to scout out the moveset as some vaporeons do have icebeam wich can turn the tides)
Salamence can be easily killed by an ice beam or a rock type move, it has frail defences, i'll stick with dragonite instead, salamence can be burned, toxic, and killed in a sec if he doesn't outspeed anything, also a bullet punch from a scizor can spell doom for salamence, though I guess ur right, though how about I add surf instead of scald and keep toxic? since I have fire type moves that can burn a foe, and vaporeons aren't that hard to deal with.

Well the team has to be your taste.
For my taste Salamance > Dragonite.
Yes salamance can be killed rather 'easy' if used wrong. Dont switch it in if u suspect rock/ice attacks. Switch it in when it feels safe, wich is why i said : scout the oponents move with your walls first.
Salamance never let me down yet , he always managed to do the wallbreaking job it is designed for. Mix mance has a strong fire blast to kill off ferrothorn/forretress/scizor and friends .
(and it wont die to 1 bullet punch if you keep his hp over 200 lets say)

Well the team has to be your taste.
For my taste Salamance > Dragonite.
Yes salamance can be killed rather 'easy' if used wrong. Dont switch it in if u suspect rock/ice attacks. Switch it in when it feels safe, wich is why i said : scout the oponents move with your walls first.
Salamance never let me down yet , he always managed to do the wallbreaking job it is designed for. Mix mance has a strong fire blast to kill off ferrothorn/forretress/scizor and friends .
(and it wont die to 1 bullet punch if you keep his hp over 200 lets say)
Dragonite has multi-scale = Bye bye salamence, i need bulk, and if your logic is right then I'll only be able to use that salamence at the end of the battle, dragonite on the other hand survives any attack whatsoever, except a blizzard from a kyurem with a choice specs, salamence cant be a sweeper, this gen dragonite completely outclassed it in every way, salamence is no longer better than dragonite, if dragonite hits a dragon dance, or even before, salamence is 1HKO, and even if it does have a focus sash, stealth rock will take care of that, wall breaker salamence is now as frail as a 1 year old.

I usually get of a SR at the start of a battle and make sure it doesnt get spinned away. As SR is on my weather starter , it will mostlikely be alive IF SR would be spinned away.
SR = bye bye multiscale = completely useless dragonite :P

I can bring in salamance anything there arent SR , if i feel danger that i might not be able to OHKO the pokemon that switches in i will just switch out to any of my walls.
As i said , Salamance never let me down , and dragonite couldnt be in the role i'm using salamance now as dragonite isnt fast enough to do that without a dragondance. If i'm not wrong ,dragonite also doesnt have the stats to be an effective mixed attacker, where salamance reaches 300+ in both special and physical attack , add life orb to that to make one deadly mixed sweeper.

Dont get me wrong, dragonite is a big threat after a dragondance , beeing a good sweeper if he manages to get that all up.
But it never scared me , if i play it smart my salamance KO's it before he gets a chance to roost back up for multiscale or dragondance to make a sweep.
If he did get off a dragon dance i'll bring in skarmory and whirlwind (skarmory can easely live a +1 fire punch on that matter) , this would make it so that dragonite will have to get off a DD again , but doesnt have the effect of multiscale anymore.
As you see , i have several things to use against a dragonite .
Most players will also have something to possibly counter it in a way.

Enough of that discussion really , in the way i'm using salamance , dragonite wouldnt fit. In the way you like to use dragonite , salamance wouldnt fit. So it goes 2 ways.

Fun fact: Salamance usually roost before any ice attack to land (other then ice shard) , this results in only x2 weakness over x4 weakness , so when predicting right , he cant really die. (dont get me wrong , i'm not pro , i predict wrong ALOT xD)

I usually get of a SR at the start of a battle and make sure it doesnt get spinned away. As SR is on my weather starter , it will mostlikely be alive IF SR would be spinned away.
SR = bye bye multiscale = completely useless dragonite :P

I can bring in salamance anything there arent SR , if i feel danger that i might not be able to OHKO the pokemon that switches in i will just switch out to any of my walls.
As i said , Salamance never let me down , and dragonite couldnt be in the role i'm using salamance now as dragonite isnt fast enough to do that without a dragondance. If i'm not wrong ,dragonite also doesnt have the stats to be an effective mixed attacker, where salamance reaches 300+ in both special and physical attack , add life orb to that to make one deadly mixed sweeper.

Dont get me wrong, dragonite is a big threat after a dragondance , beeing a good sweeper if he manages to get that all up.
But it never scared me , if i play it smart my salamance KO's it before he gets a chance to roost back up for multiscale or dragondance to make a sweep.
If he did get off a dragon dance i'll bring in skarmory and whirlwind (skarmory can easely live a +1 fire punch on that matter) , this would make it so that dragonite will have to get off a DD again , but doesnt have the effect of multiscale anymore.
As you see , i have several things to use against a dragonite .
Most players will also have something to possibly counter it in a way.

Enough of that discussion really , in the way i'm using salamance , dragonite wouldnt fit. In the way you like to use dragonite , salamance wouldnt fit. So it goes 2 ways.

Fun fact: Salamance usually roost before any ice attack to land (other then ice shard) , this results in only x2 weakness over x4 weakness , so when predicting right , he cant really die. (dont get me wrong , i'm not pro , i predict wrong ALOT xD)
I've never lost to a salamence in my life, salamence comes later in the game, during that time dragonite would've already dragon danced and roost, also I tried using a salamence in every possible moveset, but I've had a ton more success with dragonite, his multi-scale isn't the only thing that makes him better than salamence.

As i said , we can keep discussing that.
You dont seem to understand in what role i am using it.
Dragonite wouldnt fit to my team AT ALL , where salamance makes my team beast.
Salamance role is coming in , kill a wall , if it switches out probably killing anything that comes in , then switch out again.
Most of the time , dragonite wouldnt OHKO without setting up , where salamance does (in a mixed role that is) .

But yeah , as i said , lets stop that discussion as its getting us nowhere , your team , if you like dragonite more , then use him.

Yeah I guess, but we all have different teams, depends, so i was wondering, how about we have a battle?

Just keep your dragonite, it will help you alot more, and i find myself having trouble with dragonite's 10 times more the salamence. Just make sure you bring it in early, or when stealth rocks are spun away.

I know but my strategy is to let someone set up, and since forretress is slower, I use rapid spin and switch out, then dragon dance and start sweeping, simple as that.

K, I really need some bit of help, I lost recently more than once to an espeon and a jirachi, espeon set up, while jirachi calm minds and substitute, does anyone have any ideas on how to counter this?

I was thinking of adding brick break, but it doesn't fit on dragonite's moveset, maybe I should change something? or maybe i let him set up too easily.

Letting dangerous pokemon set up is never a good idea.
That is where haze/roar/whirlwind come in handy , if you made the mistake you still have a chance.
But without those you will be swept away in seconds.
But brick break is nice to have to break the dual screen OR if you feel comfortable that you can wait till the dual screens ran out you can just not get brick break.
But beeing a 75 BP move , its as strong as an elemental punch , and can KO Ttars easely.
So it is never a waste of a move slot to say it like that.

I was thinking of adding moves like haze or roar or whirlwind, any ideas on a pokemon which could learn it?

Milotic can be really annoying for an opponent but , what pokemon to replace?
Jellicent is rather important altho your gliscor could taunt if needed.

I dont actually know wich poke's learn haze, roar and whirlwind.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)