1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

New UU List (May 2010)

Discussion in 'UU' started by RBG, May 7, 2010.

1. RBG

RBG Got a long list of ex-lovers, they'll tell you I'm insane.
    is a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Super Moderatoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Facebook Manager

Hola Amigos! With X-Act on break, I have taken up the mantle of publishing the new tier lists! Back in January, it was decided that we would only update the tiers 3 times a year, January, May, and September. And luckily, it couldn't have come at a more convenient time for UU! Let's look at the changes due to useage!

Firstly, due to Umbreon barely making it into the OU list this month, it has jumped over BL and straight back to OU.

Next, a few Pokemon have lowered in the stats enough to fall out of UU, which means NU gets some new toys to play with. Drifblim, Nidoqueen, and, Qwilfish all took enough of a dive in useage to no longer be officially UU (but that doesn't mean you can't use them!)

Lastly, Slowking decided it was time to leave NU and go hang out with it's cousin Slowbro in the UU tier. Sorry NUers! (And Miltank has risen as well.)

With all this commotion, plus the Pokemon recently named BL, UU is now down to the following 50 Pokemon:

Code:
    Absol     
    Aggron    
    Alakazam  
    Altaria   
    Ambipom   
    Arcanine  
    Azumarill 
    Blastoise 
    Blaziken  
    Chansey   
    Claydol   
    Clefable  
    Cloyster  
    Donphan   
    Drapion   
    Dugtrio   
    Feraligatr
    Hariyama  
    Hitmonlee 
    Hitmontop 
    Houndoom  
    Kabutops  
    Lanturn   
    Leafeon   
    Ludicolo  
    Mesprit   
    Milotic
    Miltank      
    Mismagius 
    Moltres   
    Nidoking  
    Omastar   
    Poliwrath 
    Regirock  
    Registeel 
    Rhyperior 
    Rotom     
    Sceptile  
    Scyther   
    Slowbro   
    Slowking  
    Spiritomb 
    Steelix   
    Swellow   
    Tangrowth 
    Torterra  
    Toxicroak 
    Uxie      
    Venusaur  
    Weezing  

2. Golden Sun

Golden Sun vale
    is a Pre-Contributoris Smogon Frontier's Dome Aceis a Past WCoP Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 11 Champion

Umbreon gone O_O
  3. Icy Vegeta

Icy Vegeta

Wow, Drifblim gets to be played in NU now. Watch out Hitmonchan!
  4. GMLW

GMLW

UMBREON! NOOOOOOOOOO!

Aww, no drops? While I'm happy for no Heracross or Hippowdon, I was looking forward to Tentacruel and Dusknoir.
  5. Blue_Tornado

Blue_Tornado

R.I.P Slowking, thing's are gonna get interesting with Nidoqueen and Quil back again, and Drifblim of course. Finally Umb is out again, Curseback was just irritating so good riddance =.=
  6. M Dragon

M Dragon The north wind
    is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis Smogon Frontier's Arena Tycoonis the Smogon Tour Season 17 Champion

Oh well, Umbreon is OU now :(
  7. whistle

whistle
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

thanks for taking the initiative and doing tiering stats RBG! I usually kind of miss Pokemon when they go out of UU but damn I really can't say I miss Umbreon at all... the Curse set was* one of the most annoying POS in UU lol -.-
  8. jumpluff

jumpluff princess
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Nothing cool dropped :(
  9. SevveN

SevveN

:( rbg harsh. glad to see raikou gone, umbreon too, although i was suprised tbh.
  10. Revolution

Revolution

I kinda want Heracross to drop. It's awesome IMO and deserves a little love. It could probably become a top-tier UU if it dropped.
  11. Proboscidea

Proboscidea

Until the April stats, I really thought Jumpluff was going to UU. It just has to. Gen2 it was OU. Gen3 it was BL. Let's bring it to UU so it'll follow the pattern of dropping one tier every generation. People need to start using it more.
  12. -Terywj-

-Terywj-

Oh wow. Umbreon gone and headed for OU huh? That's a shame. I'll miss Umbreon.

Thanks for the stats, RBG!
    -Terywj
  13. Heysup

Heysup Monsters are dangerous and kings are dying like flies.
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Now if they would only stop using Roserade.........
  14. IronBullet93

IronBullet93 free as a bird
    is an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor

Man nothing dropped....Heracross I wasn't expecting, but perhaps an outside chance for something like Tenta or Dusknoir....oh well. Roserade coming down would've been fun atleast.
  15. Shining_Latios

Shining_Latios

Umbreon to OU could be a good fit to teams. So glad about Slowking being moved up to UU :D

Poor Nidoqueen and Qwilfish though :( (I don't care about Drifblim, sorry, lol)
  16. Synre

Synre
    is a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

Thanks for doing the math, RBG.

I kinda like how this turns out... stall kinda takes a concession for offensive teams losing Raikou, though stall probably gets the worse end of that trade. I'll take it! Thanks, bad OU players!!
  17. TEA_DEMON

TEA_DEMON

Good riddance Umbreon, you always were a bitch to my teams.

No Slowking in NU? Ok I think it's time for Magmortar to get the banhammer.
  18. froggrunner

froggrunner

I liked Qwilfish =(. Glad that Raikou and Froslass are finally gone though. Now I can finally start using Torterra without being afraid of HP ice when fighting electric types (Besides Magneton, but I can outspeed that.) I'm guessing Torterra usage is going to shoot up because of this, and maybe Altaria
  19. Abutorn

Abutorn

Poor Umbreon I'm going to miss it a lot but now it's in OU I see it doing as much work as it would've done in UU. I was looking forward to seeing Heracross but whatever.
  20. Lucario_Skywalker

Lucario_Skywalker

Umbreon gone? I rather liked its place in UU... oh, well.
    I think Slowkings will get interesting.
  21. Yuggles

Yuggles hey that second guy isn't too bad

Man...I JUST caught on to using Umbreon, and now it's gone. :(
  22. Sceats

Sceats

Goddamn it magmortars gonna be a bitch with slowking gone =/
  23. Shy Glizzy

Shy Glizzy

I think that Quilfish will rise up back to UU quickly with Froslass gone.
  24. Darkvirus

Darkvirus

atleast now we can get a nice UU round without any major drops down to deal with and see who the suspects really are in what looks like it could be a fairly ballanced time now Froslass and Raikou gone
  25. SJCrew

SJCrew Believer, going on a journey...
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

I've been advocating Heracross usage on the OU ladder for a while and I think players are finally starting to understand that he's just as good as he's always been. I will admit that he's been facing some stiff competition between the likes of Infernape, Lucario, and Machamp. Guess there isn't room for everything on your team and when you're thinking of a top-knotch quality sweeper, Heracross isn't exactly the first thing coming to mind. However, in terms of wallbreaking it's easily one of the best in the business.

But I digress. I suppose we'll have to wait for Tentacruel and Roserade, as they're really having trouble fitting in the OU metagame and even stall teams manage to get along fine without them.

protip: LO Roserade is inferior to LO-anything-else.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)