[New UU Warstory] Cro-tomb vs Cro-Steelix

Hello, people! Time for a war story showing the current new face of UU. I happen to be up against a good friend of mine, Fishyman. This warstory will show perspectives from both our views.

My team is shown above, Fishyman's team is shown below.
The following Pokemon have leftovers, and will not be mentioned in the battle: Mesprit, Spiritomb, Cloyster, Clefable, Crobat, Raikou, Umbreon, Venusaur
My comments will be red, Fishyman's comments will be blue.

Rules: Ladder Match, Sleep Clause, Freeze Clause, OHKO Clause, Evasion Clause, Species Clause, Strict Damage Clause
Angel Diva sent out Mesprit.
Fishyman sent out Crobat.

Round one, and it's my tanky Mesprit facing off against a Crobat lead. Crobat leads have been known to taunt to prevent my setting up of Stealth Rock. As I didn't want this to be a wasted turn, I decided to attack straight up.

Looks like it's my Crobat up against Mesprit. I could lead off with Taunt to prevent whatever that Mesprit intends to do. But, Mesprit is known to carry at most three attacks, all which hit Crobat for super effective. I myself can let in a super effective hit too, while going a teammate that easily takes hits from Mespit. U-turn it is.

Crobat used U-turn.
It's super effective!
Mesprit lost 26% of its health.
Fishyman switched in Umbreon.
Mesprit used Psychic.
It doesn't affect Umbreon!

Ok, looks like I ended with a wasted first turn anyway. But at least, I know Umbreon won't be able to stop me from setting Stealth Rock.

Yikes! Angel hit with Psychic straight away! Luckily I didn't Taunt. Anyway, I'm going to Yawn to force Mesprit out and see the rest of her team.

Mesprit used Stealth Rock.
Pointed stones float in the air around Fishyman's team
Umbreon used Yawn.
Mesprit became drowsy.

Umbreon has Yawn. Since he is likely to use Yawn again as I switch, I decided to switch to a teammate to fall asleep. Spiritomb easily takes any hits well.

Unless Angel is going to let Mesprit fall asleep, she'd most probably switch. Hence, I decided to Yawn again.

Angel Diva switched in Spiritomb.
Umbreon used Yawn.
Spiritomb became drowsy.

I shall let Spiritomb fall asleep. Unfortunately, Umbreon walls Spiritomb, so I have to find a way to get rid of him.

Judging from the way Angel switches Spiritomb to take the yawn, I assume that it's Cro-tomb. Cro-tomb doesn't worry my team at all, as Crobat can Taunt it, and Umbreon and Steelix walls it badly.

Umbreon used Yawn.
But it failed!
Spiritomb used Dark Pulse.
It's not very effective...
Umbreon took no damage (healed back by leftovers)
Spiritomb fell asleep.

Oh well...it was worth a try to see how much I can hit for Umbreon. Knowing that I cannot even hurt Umbreon without Calm Mind boosts, I decided bring out a Pokemon whom Umbreon won't like to fight. Go, CB Pinsir!

Nothing much happening this match besides Spiritomb falling asleep. I shall wish to scout her switch-in.

Angel Diva switched in Pinsir.
Umbreon used Wish.
Umbreon made a wish!

Wish on Umbreon might mean there's Protect. Nevertheless, I shall just smack hard with a STAB X-scissor, which is bound to hurt anyone, even when resisted.

And I'm up against Pinsir. Pinsir might give my team some problems, but for now I have no choice but to switch to a Bug resist. Hopefully Pinsir doesn't predict and use Stone Edge.

Fishyman switched in Crobat.
Pointed stones dug into Crobat! (-25%)
Pinsir used X-Scissor.
Crobat lost 19% of its health.
The wish came true! (+44%, full HP again)

Of course, I should have expected Crobat to come in with his quad resistance to Bug. I should've Stone Edged there. Oh well. I have no choice but to switch. No one on my team really enjoys taking Brave Bird, so I shall switch to someone who has the highest defense on my team.

Having a full health Crobat in there immediately grants me control of the match. I can use Brave Bird, but U-turn is such a handy move, allowing me to scout Angel's response to Crobat and act accordingly. Therefore...

Angel Diva switched in Cloyster.
Crobat used U-turn.
Cloyster lost 14% of its health.

Wow! A Cloyster! I haven't seen one of those in a long time! Cloyster is normally about spiking and spinning, and since I have nothing for her to spin anyway, I shall keep Angel Diva on her toes and make sure Cloyster gets no free turns to set up spikes.

Fishyman switched in Raikou.
Pointed stones dug into Raikou! (-12%)

And Raikou is out! Luckily I have two Pokemon that are capable of screwing over Raikou. Time to switch over to one of them.

I expect Cloyster to be switching out, so I shall take the free turn here to set up a sub, and hopefully, sweep with Calm Mind later.

Angel Diva switched in Shaymin.
Raikou used Substitute.
Raikou made a Substitute!

I have no idea what Hidden Power Fishy's Raikou has, but without a boost, I don't think HP Ice can 2HKO. It's time to throw some dirt at the thunder dog!

Oh damn! I run HP Grass, which means that Grass Pokemon totally wall Raikou. On a positive note, I have seen almost all of Angel Diva's team. I shall be switching soon, but not before letting a hit onto Shaymin.

Raikou used Thunderbolt.
Shaymin lost 18% of its health.
Shaymin used Earth Power.
It's super effective!
Raikou's substitute faded!

My gamble paid off well. Raikou had Hidden Power Grass! I'm going to expect a switch to a ground resist now, so time to make my response to Crobat.

Note to self: Switch back to HP Ice. Anyway, I noted Shaymin's lack of leftovers, meaning that it's most probably choiced. Time to switch back to someone who LOLs at Earth Power.

Fishyman switched in Crobat.
Pointed stones dug into Crobat!

As expected, Crobat comes back in. I can try to set up spikes here, but knowing Crobat, it will probably Taunt me. Therefore, I shall hit hard at Crobat with a STAB attack.

Ah, I see Cloyster once again. As I said before, I can't give Cloyster any turns to set up Spikes, so I command Crobat to throw out his worst insults at Cloyster.

Crobat used Taunt.
Cloyster fell for the Taunt!
Cloyster used Ice Beam.
It's super effective!
Crobat lost 81% of its health.
Fishyman's Crobat fainted.
6 - 5

Yay! My prediction pays off. While I didn't get to set up Spikes, I'm still happy that Cloyster managed to get first blood! I'm going to expect Raikou coming back, though.

Damnit, so Cloyster decided to attack after all. And I thought I could've survived Ice Beam and Roost it off later. Well, Cloyster is Taunted so I decide to bring back my response to it in Raikou.

Well, Raikou's definitely not a problem now. Go Shaymin!

So, with Crobat out of action, my immediate Shaymin counter is gone. Still, I have Umbreon, who can take hits from Shaymin, provided that there's no Sp Def drop, so Umbreon, out you go!

Pointed stones dug into Umbreon!

A double switch. I could go with Seed Flare right now. However, he can easily send out another Grass resist. I haven't seen half of his team yet, and I don't want to waste precious Seed Flare PP for no reason, especially with Raikou's Pressure in the wake. So, I decided to make a conservative move and use Umbreon as an opportunity to set up spikes.

I'm not sure how much Seed Flare does to Umbreon, so I shall Wish to scout for damage.

Umbreon used Wish.
Umbreon made a Wish!

I shall use this opportunity to set up spikes.

Oh damn, Cloyster is back. And that means a free turn of Spikes! I could of course, go back to Raikou, but Shaymin will just come back. So, I shall reveal another member that hopefully can put Angel Diva back on her toes.

Fishyman switched in Milotic.
Pointed stones dug into Milotic!
Cloyster used Spikes.
Spikes were scattered all over Fishyman's team!
The wish cam true! Milotic is back at full HP

No leftovers on Milotic. She's probably orbed or has specs. Still, I do have Shaymin in wait, so I shall send Shaymin out to take the predicted Hidden Power.

This seems like a great opportunity to hit Shaymin. I don't think Angel Diva will leave Cloyster in on Milotic, so I shall hit the switch in with a powerful Ice Beam. Hopefull Shaymin comes in.

Milotic used Ice Beam.
It's super effective!
Shaymin lost 51% of its health.
Milotic lost 10% of its health.

Shaymin takes a ton of damage from Milotic's Ice Beam. Nice prediction by Fishyman! Sadly, I don't really have any other way to get rid of Milotic, so I have to sacrifice Shaymin. I can revenge kill Milly with Pinsir later.

Wow! It's a shaky 2HKO. That means that Shaymin probably has a hefty investment in her HP, or Special Defenses. But that means Shaymin either won't be able to kill Milotic, or that it's slower. Hopefull it's the latter. Ice Beam is still a 2HKO anyway!

Milotic used Ice Beam.
It's super effective!
Shaymin lost 49% of its health.
Angel Diva's Shaymin fainted!
5 - 5

Alright, Milotic is no longer at max HP. With Life Orb, I'm assuming Milotic didn't stock up in her defenses, so Pinsir should be able to deal severe damage to Milotic with his STAB move.

Pinsir is out again. Luckily, I still have a bug resist on my team. Once again, I hope Angel doesn't overpredict with Pinsir and throw out a random Earthquake.

Fishyman switched in Steelix.
Pointed stones dug into Steelix. Steelix is hurt by spikes! (-15%)
Pinsir used X-Scissor.
Steelix lost 19% of its health.

Hmmm...looks like Fishyman is prepared for Pinsir, not to mention that Steelix also walls Spiritomb. On the other hand, presence of Steelix means that I can freely set up Spikes. Go Cloyster!

Pinsir will undoubtedly switch out, so I use this opportunity to power up Gyro Ball.

Steelix used Curse.
Steelix's Attack and Defense rose, Speed fell.

Hmm...a Cursing Steelix without leftovers. Could there be a Chesto or Lum Berry on his Steelix? Nevertheless, Steelix can't really do much to Cloyster, so it's time to prepare a surprise...

And Cloyster is back out. I don't want Cloyster setting up Spikes, nor do I want Steelix to take unnecessary damage from a STAB Surf, so I shall switch in the one Pokemon who can threaten to sweep Angel Diva's team now.

Pointed stones and spikes dug into Raikou. (-24%)
Cloyster used Explosion.
Both Cloyster and Raikou were blown to bits!
Angel Diva's Cloyster and Fishyman's Raikou fainted!
4 - 4

I was kinda expecting Raikou to come in. I finally realized that Cloyster won't be getting any free turns to spike anymore, so what the hack? Might as well blow up and bring someone down with me, provided Steelix switches, of course!

My lack of knowledge on Cloyster cost me Raikou. Of course, even if I knew Cloyster can explode, I definitely did not expect it to blow up, probably expecting Spikes or a weak Surf. Nevertheless, I still have another Pokemon that can threaten Angel Diva's team, so go Milotic!

Fishyman switched in Milotic.
Pointed Stones and spikes dug into Milotic.

Well, now that I know Steelix is out, I can safely say that I can ravage Fishyman's team away with a Choice Banded Earthquake. Milotic will be going down anyway.

Looks like I have to sacrifice Milotic to Pinsir. I definitely expect Angel Diva to be throwing out an Earthquake, and none of my team likes taking Earthquake. Therefore, goodbye Milotic!

Milotic used Hydro Pump.
Pinsir lost 95% of its health.
Pinsir used Earthquake.
Milotic lost 46% of its health.
Fishyman's Milotic fainted!
4 - 3

I reeled in shock that Milotic outsped and almost OHKO'ed Pinsir. I suppose this is one of the few times where I shouldn't have use Adamant on Pinsir. Pinsir is almost down for the count, so it's time to let in one final hit on an opponent.

Cool! Milotic is faster than Pinsir! I definitely did not expect that. Unfortunately, she fell short of a kill on Pinsir, meaning that another teammate will have to take serious damage from Earthquake.
Because Steelix is no longer at full HP, I decided to send in my next toughest Pokemon to take on Pinsir. I don't think Earthquake will OHKO Venusaur.

Fishyman switched in Venusaur.
Pointed stones and spikes dug into Venusaur.
Pinsir used Earthquake.
Venusaur lost 60% of its health.
Venusaur used Sludge Bomb.
Pinsir lost 5% of its health.
Angel Diva's Pinsir fainted!
3 - 3
Angel Diva switched in Mesprit.

Unexpectedly, Fishyman reveals his whole team before I do. Since Venusaur is almost dead, it's time to bring Mesprit to finish off Venusaur.

Angel Diva switched in Mesprit.

Well, no use switching Venusaur out anyway, as the spikes and stealth rock will kill him. Instead, time to do a last stand with Venusaur.

Venusaur used Synthesis.
Venusaur restored 50% of its health.
Mesprit used Psychic.
Venusaur lost 55% of its health.
-------
Venusaur used Sludge Bomb.
Mesprit lost 31% of its health.
Mesprit was poisoned!
Mesprit used Psychic.
Venusaur lost 9% of its health.
Fishyman's Venusaur fainted!
Mesprit is hurt by poison!
3 - 2
Pointed Stones and spikes dug into Umbreon.

Venusaur finally goes down, but not before leaving an unpleasant sickness on Mesprit. Fishyman is down 3 - 2, and with my Clefable being able to ruin Umbreon and Steelix, I'd say this game is in the bag.

I still have no idea what Angel Diva's final Pokemon is. But, it ain't over til' it's over! Anyway, Umbreon my best bet, so I shall finish off Mesprit with Umbreon.

Mesprit used Thunderbolt.
Umbreon lost 13% of its health.
Umbreon used Payback!
It's super effective!
Mesprit lost 35% of its health.
Angel Diva's Mesprit fainted!

I'm willing to let Mesprit die, even though Clefable easily handles the rest of Fishyman's team. I decided to force Umbreon to Wish, so that I can Encore it.

Angel Diva switched in Clefable.

Aaargh!!! Angel Diva's last Pokey is that hateful bitch Clefable! I know that I definitely have no way past Clefable, especially if she carries Encore.

Umbreon used Wish.
Umbreon made a Wish!
Clefable used Encore.
Umbreon got an Encore!

Ok, readers. Sorry if this is a bit of an anti-climax, but the remaining turns alternated between Umbreon Wishing and Clefable throwing out Seismic Tosses and some switching around. Steelix' Rest was also Encored, so the remaining turns were rather boring. Spiritomb was asleep throughout this whole ordeal.

In the end, this is what happened.

Clefable's Encore has no more PP!

Umbreon's Wish has no more PP!

Without Wish, Umbreon succumbed to repeated Seismic Tosses.

The remaining turns of Clefable vs Steelix ended up with Steelix getting -4 Speed, +4 Attack and Defense through Rest and Sleep Talk.

Steelix used Gyro Ball. (4 PP left)
Clefable lost 100% of its health.
Angel Diva's Clefable fainted!
-------
Angel Diva switched in Spiritomb.
Spiritomb is fast asleep.
Spiritomb used Calm Mind.
Spiritomb's Special Attack and Special Defense rose.
Steelix used Gyro Ball.
Spiritomb lost 66% of its health.
-------
Spiritomb woke up!
Spiritomb used Sleep Talk.
But it failed!
Steelix used Gyro Ball. (last 2 PP)
Spiritomb lost 34% of its health.
Angel Diva's Spiritomb fainted.
Fishyman wins!

Spiritomb got really unlucky with Sleep Talk there, but with Steelix getting four curses the game was pretty much over for me.

Yea, what a boring match it turned out to be at the end. Thank god my final PP of Gyro Ball managed to finish Spiritomb before it could Rest again.

Props:
Pinsir, Cloyster, Clefable, and Milotic all did well in this battle. Especially Milotic, who killed Shaymin and almost killed Pinsir.
Cro-Steelix for giving the win!
Lack of hax

Slops:
Raikou and Shaymin, the two big names here, did nothing!
Boring ending.

Thanks for taking the time to read my war story!

Great simplistic format, it was very easy to read, but perhaps some pictures at every score update?

I sort of lost interest towards the end, but it was a good warstory nonetheless.

On a side note, never ever say the match was boring! doing so might make the reader think so, which is not good.

I liked the battle, the predictions and the format. The end was less interesting, but as Thorns said, you don't have to say it was boring yourself :) I enjoyed reading it.

i was expecting more of a showdown from the title characters...but still, this is probably a very good indication of the shape of things to come. exciting, says i.

Very nice warstory. I would question what exactly HP grass is expected to kill? Gastrodon or Quagsire pretty much. I dont see either really. HP Ice counters the overload of grassers in the new UU.

Nice to see an UU Warstory. I'll have to start laddering there.

Good job with the double comments normally that doesn't work out so well

The title was misleading, but eh.

Nice predictions, good warstory/format, but you didn't have to put the end of the match down like that.

Pretty good warstory. I do enjoy seeing Cloyster being used effectively. The end kind of sucked though even though I'm sure it was tense to those actually playing.

I've been using Cro-Tomb and man, it wrecks unprepared teams. People switch in Blaziken to resist the Dark Pulse and fire away with Earthquake or another fire move, but Tomb just shrugs off the hits and Calm Minds, then Rests, then sweeps. Too bad you got hit with an external sleep move so the sleep count was unpredictable. Then again, Steelix had several Curses and probably would have won anyway.

Overall, good warstory. Some good prediction and such throughout the early game, and it's always good to see stuff like Cloyster being put to good use :)

Why is it called Cro-Tomb? In fact, why are Calm Mind based sets called Cro-Poke?

But besides that, I enjoyed the war-story. Interesting read.

Cro is essentially Rest/Sleep Talk/stat booster/attack. I think the creator of CroCune had something to do with it.

Congrats on a good warstory. The colours are a bit unpleasant and you made some mistakes along the way but it's a good overall.

"Cro" isn't a prefix that is used to describe all RestTalk + Stat-booster Pokemon. "Crocune" is a reference to a user on Smogon.

HP Grass is definitely a bad choice for Raikou in new UU with Shaymin and Abomasnow. I would actually use HP Fire on Raikou because it hits Steelix and Abomasnow as well as the other Grass-types (read: Shaymin).

I still don't get why you didn't use CC when Pinsir was threatening Mi-LO-tic. It had the same BP as X-scissor.
Other than that, great warstory.

I still don't get why you didn't use CC when Pinsir was threatening Mi-LO-tic. It had the same BP as X-scissor.
Other than that, great warstory.
I don't need CC because EQ hits the same things that I want to hit. I don't like CC reducing Pinsir's good Defense.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)