Newbie forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
I apologize if something like this already exists on Smogon and I'm just overlooking it.

I'm starting to get interested in competitive pokemon, but I'm finding it daunting to get in to. I've browsed Smogon off and on for about a year now, but I still don't feel like I fully understand everything. I know the tutoring program exists (which I finally plan to apply for), but outside of that I haven't seen a comfortable place to ask my more noobish questions.

I think Smogon could benefit from a newbie forum where people like me could ask questions, get team advice, etc., that would otherwise cause clutter in other areas of the site. It would be a great way for the more knowledgeable members to help out, and would ease the transition from being a clueless player to being competent.

Shoudn't we at least have a welcome page for newbies saying what they can do on here and linking them to a few sugested pages with a link to that page.

I see that somebody did update it TO-DAY but there are a few more things I would add:

1. Change the name to Welcome to Smogon or Welcome newbies or something because even I passed it and probably never even would of look at it because it was from 2007

and

2. Make a link to the ban list that they are making right now in the "make a real ban list" in the suggestion box.

When I said "with a link to that page" I meant the Ask a simple Question, get a simple Answer page.

Edit. Did you read the stuf in red, good now ignoe it. I did not realise that it was the rules page I was talking about. But still, make a page for newbies and then link them to the rules. Once that is done then any new ideas for the page can come up and so it does not have to be big (at first any way).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)