1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

News related to next week's BW Tour and Smogon Tour 12 Finals

Discussion in 'Smogon Tour' started by Bloo, Oct 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bloo

Bloo
    is a Tutoris a Tournament Directoris a member of the Site Staffis an official Team Rateris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris Smogon Frontier's Pike Queenis a Past WCoP Winnerdefeated the Smogon Frontier
    Head TD

I'm posting this thread to avoid the barrage of questions we'll be receiving about how the recently implemented bans / newly released Dream World Pokemon will affect next weeks BW Tour and the Smogon Tour finals.

The answer is simple: Everything that was recently released via Dream World (ie. Sableye, Alakazam, Volbeat, etc.) will be allowed in next weeks tour, as well as the Smogon Tour finals. Additional information on what was released can be found here.

We typically use whatever the current tier list is for the tour. As such, Thundurus and Excadrill will be disallowed from next week's tour / the Smogon Tour finals seeing as they were banned. For more information on the Thundurus / Excadrill bans, check this thread and Jabba's post.
  2. New World Order

New World Order Licks Toads
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

I know I have a -10000% chance at winning, so this doesn't really affect me. However, it'll be interesting to see players scramble to get new teams together, and get a preview from those who think ahead and start using the likes of Jolteon and Aerodactyl or whoever else is now viable.
  3. Steven Snype

Steven Snype
    is a Tutoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

So what's going to happen regarding the simple majority on Baton Pass?
  4. Smith

Smith is a 90's bitch
    is a Team Rater Alumnus

Simple majorities don't affect tiering, it just means its automatically suspect next round.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)