NFE Research Group #1 - Gligar,Pignite,Seadra,Servine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oiawesome

Banned deucer.
Introduction:
NFE is a tier where many Pokemon are usable, and there are a ton of different options. Research Group aids in helping explore the tier. Who knows, maybe in future tier changes one of these Pokemon can be incredibly useful, potentially being able to check the new threats well. Maybe one of these Pokemon may find uses in other tiers and is not just a simple throw-away Pokemon, unlike some unfortunate Pokemon in NFE.

Some rules:
  • Be open-minded. Don't just say something is terrible and walk away; at least look into them and see what options they may be able to utilize
  • Feel free to theorymon, but make it clear that you are theorymon'ing. At the end of the week, however, I want discussion to move towards how useful the Pokemon actually are in NFE, and what sets are effective on them.
  • Just because an analysis has been done for a Pokemon doesn't mean there isn't more to explore; it's quite possible that something might have gone unnoticed or is missing.
  • Do not post in this thread complaining about the Pokemon I choose and/or suggesting ones we should do for future weeks. I want discussion to stay on topic about the four Pokemon we are "researching". You'll be able to vote on what Pokemon you want the next Research Group right before it starts (out of a ballot that is determined by me)
The four Pokemon that we will be looking into this Research Group are:

How useful are these Pokemon in NFE? What sets can they run effectively? What gives them trouble? What advantages do they have over other Pokemon? How well do they work in the metagame? If you have anything to say about any of these Pokemon, please post about them! It doesn't matter if you've used them or have just faced them in battle, anything is fine (but please, do try them). Just be sure to back up your posts with good competitive reasoning. Remember, discussion is not limited to this topic, you are encouraged to talk about these Pokemon in #othermetas/#pokemon as well!

APPROVED BY DTC BY PM

Please include more substance in your posts than just "in" and what Pokemon you're using. What sets are you planning on using? What interests you about whatever Pokemon you're using?

mkizzy

formerly kenny
I myself am interested in subseed Servine, though it may be lackluster without eviolite. I'll give this a go.
Servine @ Leftovers
Trait: Overgrow
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]

( please tell me if the EVs/nature suck, I'm totally unsure yet :s )

Oiawesome

Banned deucer.
Ok Eviolite is fully leagle here (it is being suspected though) and so are unreleased dw so the set i would recomend is :
Servine @Eviolite
Trait:Contrary
Set:Offensive sub seed
EVs:252 Hp/252 SpA/4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- HP Fire

Relados

fractactical genius
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Gligar is a freaking beast in NFE.
Gligar @ Eviolite
Set: Defensive support
EVs:252 Hp/4 Atk/252 Def
Impish Nature
- U-Turn
- Roost
- Toxic
- Taunt

With toxic, it can stall out other walls in the eviolite meta, and with Immunity it avoids the same fate. Taunt prevents anything that could threaten Gligar's position, especially Will'O'Wisp, substitute or opposing taunts. I assume the functions of Roost and U-Turn are obvious.

In play, Gligar is near unbeatable physically, being able to tank everything including some ice moves. Gligar still fears the special side like Ice Beam, and while one could invest in special instead and balance Gligar's bulk more, I find it better to specialize and leave a teammate to defend specially, like Chansey.

Gligar also has the advantage of being one of the fastest walls in this tier, allowing it to have more reign over the game. A few EVs could instead be invested in Speed in case you need to outspeed opposing Gligars.

Oiawesome

Banned deucer.
Ok on the topic of Gligar oh god the sub+ sand veil set with AcroBAT is rediculous :
Gligar @ Flying Gem
Trait : Sand Veil
Set: AcroBAT
EVs: 252 Atk/ 252 Spe/ 4 Hp
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- AcroBATics
- Earfquake

God if you know how many rounds of pkmn world cup turned to BULLSHIT because of the same set on a gliscor you know how powerfull this thing is i mean + 2 Fg boosted Acro OHKOS standerd max/ max+ dusion with eviolite.

Pignite @ Choice Band
Set:GG
EVs: 252 Atk/252Spe/4 Hp
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- Wild Charge
-Head Smash

GG.Any way this thing is sooooo brooken it OHKOS or 2HKOS the entire teir bar seadrait 2HKKOS Max/Max+Eviolite Rhydon with superpower(Reguler does 70% and -1 does about 35% This thing needs to be suspected

Gligar @Eviolite
Set : SubRoost
Trait:Either
Evs: 252HP / 252 Def/4Atk
Impish Nature
-Substitute
- Roost
- Toxic
- Taunt/Earfquake

This thing +EVIOLITE Chansey = Wall 2Death Lol but seriously with both of them being immune to status its hard to wear it down CB pignite in sun is its best counter and This thing can wall preety much anything that uses physical attacks(LOL CB Pignite does 60%) but damn eviolite gligar 4NFE UBERZ (JK)

Relados

fractactical genius
I myself am interested in subseed Servine, though it may be lackluster without eviolite. I'll give this a go.
Servine @ Leftovers
Trait: Overgrow
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]

( please tell me if the EVs/nature suck, I'm totally unsure yet :s )
(Theorymonning here, haven't tried Servine out yet)

Seems too general grass to me. To me, other grass types like Tangela are better for seeding and support, and other grass pokemon are better at attacking (chlorophyll sweepers come to mind, considering Vulpix isn't banned). Barring Eviolite for this, I feel Servine would fare better putting investment in Defense and using Coil + 3 physical moves, maybe replacing an attack move with Leech Seed. Doing this, it can wall physically while setting up to attack.

Oiawesome

Banned deucer.
Evreything is done better byu tangela exept Leaf SPAM honestly not going to sugar coat it TANGELA GETS SD
EDIT:IM going to fuck around with mixed contrary with couiil+Leaf SPAM
EDIT 2:Coil + Contrary=Bad Idea

Relados

fractactical genius
Evreything is done better byu tangela exept Leaf SPAM honestly not going to sugar coat it TANGELA GETS SD
EDIT:IM going to fuck around with mixed contrary with couiil+Leaf SPAM
EDIT 2:Coil + Contrary=Bad Idea
Contrary is unreleased, so using that for a reason against the set doesn't make much sense. Servine is forced to use Overgrow for now.

Oiawesome

Banned deucer.
No In NFE technicly evrey DW is released and what I meant was that coil + contrary give you -1s nit +1s so Mixed contrary is dumb to try

I told you could do this idea in the NFE thread. Obviously you would run it a bit differently in the thread so as to not totally derail the thread. Splinter topics for a metagame should not be made unless that particular metagame is really popular.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)