Nidoking [4F]

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
A small nitpick for the Physical Attacker:

<p>This is more suited for UU competition, however if you wish to use it in OU, there are a few alternative moves to consider. Ice Punch can replace Stone Edge to take care of Dragon-types and Gliscor more easily. Losing Stone Edge leaves you open to Gyarados, so you can replace Sucker Punch with ThunderPunch, which also puts a dent in Skarmory. Fire Punch is also worth considering as it handles Heracross, Bronzong, Skarmory and Forretress.
</p>
The comma after competition should be swapped for a semi-colon. There seems to be two completely different sentences but they go along with each other. A comma doesn't fix that.

EDIT: Over here too for the same issue. It's the Lead set.

<p>Nidoking has trouble with some leads in particular, namely Ambipom and offensively oriented Roserade. To deal with Ambipom, a bulky hard hitting Pokemon is recommended. Rhydon and Relicanth come to mind with their nice damage output, high defense, and resistance to Fake Out. Scarf Roserade is harder to counter outright because of Sleep Powder and unpredictability, however Registeel or a more defensive Roserade are often safe choices, not taking much from any of Roserade's unboosted attacks, while the latter can just switch out of sleep.</p>
It's nice to make sentences a bit shorter than being super long.

EDIT2: EV paragraph.

<p>For the Life Orb mixed attacker sets, Nidoking needs to use both attack stats to break down walls, and can sacrifice some Speed. Make sure your EV stat is odd if you're using Life Orb, so the damage rounds down as well. The Superpower set maximizes its Special Attack, and uses just enough Attack Power to 2HKO Chansey with Earth Power and Superpower with the rest dumped in Speed. The pure wall breaker uses just enough Speed to outspeed defensive Roserade and the rest goes into its offensive stats with emphasis on its Special Attack. The OU mixed attacker set outspeeds Tyranitar, and minimum speed Suciune, and maximizes its Attack stat before investing in Special Attack.</p>
Suicune you mean? And, I think the speed before Suicune should be capitalized.
I also don't like the "can" in the front. It doesn't flow well. Removing it sounds better.

I think that's all.

Thanks for those >.> The suicune one is pretty bad because I just copied that from the original analysis :o.

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I think I should have explained why the "can" should be removed.

For the Life Orb mixed attacker sets, Nidoking needs to use both attack stats to break down walls, and can sacrifice some Speed.
For the Life Orb mixed attacker sets, Nidoking needs to use both attack stats to break down walls.

For the Life Orb mixed attacker sets, Nidoking needs to use both attack stats to can sacrifice some Speed.

That's why it needs to be removed.
Wait, it's not making sense whatsoever, lol. Maybe you should rephrase it to "For the Life Orb mixed attacker sets, Nidoking needs to use both attack stats to break down walls at the cost of sacrificing some Speed." I think that would be better? But if you're still strongly willing to let the "can" stay, I guess you can.

"Can" being there refers to Nidoking "being able" to sacrifice some Speed. I feel it makes sense at the moment, but if anyone else has an issue with it I'll change it.

"Can" being there refers to Nidoking "being able" to sacrifice some Speed. I feel it makes sense at the moment, but if anyone else has an issue with it I'll change it.
I think the issue is what you're trying to convey with that statement. Are you saying that the mixed sets need to run less Speed than the other sets because it has to attack from both sides, or that the mixed sets can run less Speed than what was suggested in order to boost their damage outputs?

If it's the former, then I agree that a change needs to be made to make this clearer. Perhaps something like this?

For the Life Orb mixed attacker sets, Nidoking needs to use both attack stats to break down walls, so it must sacrifice some Speed.
If you actually meant the latter, then the sentence works as you have it (although perhaps you could put "and thus can sacrifice some Speed", sounds a little better to me), but I would suggest putting other Speed benchmarks for Nidoking after it, or maybe expanding more on the pros and cons of ones you already put in the set descriptions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)