- unique typing
- can check many of the premier physical attackers in the tiers
- above average bulk
- good support moves in toxic spikes, dragon tail, roar
- has roughly 112 special attack factoring in sheer force, making it not set up bait
- can run surprise offensive set
- gets fucked by psychic and ground types that are great in the tier.
move 1: Toxic Spikes
move 2: Earth Power
move 3: Flamethrower / Ice Beam
move 4: Dragon Tail / Roar
ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SpD
- good bulk with good defensive typing
- toxic spikes are cool for slowly wearing down opponents. good on stall teams
- earth power for reliable stab move with good damage
- flamethrower beats bronzong and roserade
- ice beam hits flygon who otherwise beats you
- Dragon Tail does damage while while phasing, but sub users such as mismagius and Cobalion make roar a viable option
- is great for walling mons such as heracross, crobat, hitmontop, slowbro, machamp and other things.
- can use stealth rock but illegal with sheer force, so must use with poison point. using physical moves is better when using poison point
- generally used on a stall team for its ability to set up and absorb toxic spikes
- hippopotas is cool because it lets you sand stall
- wish support from something like umbreon and togekiss is useful because it doesnt have recovery.
- a ground resist like bronzong is great to take hits that nidoqueen cannot take as well as set up stealth rock
name: Special Attacker
move 1: Earth Power
move 2: Sludge Wave
move 3: Ice Beam
move 4: Fire Blast / Thunderbolt / Focus Blast
item: Life Orb
ability: Sheer Force
evs: 240 HP / 216 SpA / 52 Spe
- surpirse to most people expecting something bulky
- hits as hard as nidoking
- great type coverage hitting everything for neutral damage
- sheer force is a great boost to nidoqueens attacks
- earth power primary stab with superb coverage against many key mons such as darmanitan, victini, chandelure and rhyperior
- Sludge wave is stronger and is mainly used for rotom-h who would otherwise wall you. used despite bad type coverage
- ice beam hits flygon zapdos and other flying types.
- Fire Blast has a chance to OHKO Bronzong after Stealth rock and also a chance to OHKO roserade after sr.
- Thunderbolt hits water types like Milotic and blastoise who could easily hit you for good damage back. suicune also
- focus blast hits special walls like umbreon snorlax and clefable hard but its low power is offputting
- a lot bulkier than nidoking. can take many physical hits from mons like heracross and stoutland.
- can check cm raikou due to its inability to OHKO with +1 hp ice, while having only a small chance to 2hko at +0
- check to lo zapdos, who fails to OHKO with hp ice. shaymin fails to OHKO with earth power
- has the bulk to take a hit easily unlike nidoking
- evs made to give nidoqueen good bulk while still hitting hard. outspeeds 8 speed milotic
- optional ev spread of 176 HP / 216 SpA / 116 Spe to outspeed SpD Roserade and easily 2hko it before it gets 2 layers of spikes down
- hazard support is great from pokemon such as deoxys-d bronzong rhyperior frosslass and quilfish
- bronzong in particular can easily take anything aimed at nidoqueen.
- flamethrower over fireblast but is kinda weaker
- shadow ball to kill deo-d who is an annoying fucker! mismagius resists both your stabs so its useful for that too
- walled by things like umbreon deoxys-d and snorlax
- enjoys physical attackers like heracross are good to kill special walls.
- other good teammates are krookdile, Cobalion, weavile, darmanitan
- taunt but too slow
- toxic but toxic spikes is better most of the time
- physical set but weak af
- counter but not that good
- powerful attackers like victini Shandera and Darmanitan can overpower Nidoqueen, but have trouble switching it.
- subcm raikou can set up on nidoqueen without roar
- roserade can set up on the defensive set or kill it with a lo leafstorm
- ground types like rhyperior and flygon beat it with super effective earthquakes
- deoxys-d, mew, azelf, and other great psychic types completely screw it over
- rotom-h can come in with impunity and hit it hard with overheat or keep momentum with volt switch. trick also beats it
- constantly causing nidoqueen to switch with hazards sucks for it because it has no recovery
- suicune and milotic can come in and destroy it
- togekiss can set up a nasty plot and air slash to death
- weavile sharpedo hit hard with STAB SE attacks that nidoqueen cannot take