Night Visions- an LC RMT by Electrolyte

Electrolyte

Wouldn't Wanna Know
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
NIGHT VISIONS
The last LC Gen 5 RMT by Electrolyte

Hey guys, I'm back.

This is a team that I made before my 3 month complete absence from Smogon / PS, and I had planned on RMT'ing it soon after my unexpected leave. The LC metagame hasn't really changed that much since then, and since XY have been released, I felt that I should post an RMT for this team that I actually really love and have had a lot of great battles with. This is my most successful and solid LC team so far and it's also been real fun to play in Gen 5.
I originally wanted to create a solid, nonweather team that focused around strategies that were not already claimed by other existing LC teams. This was a really difficult task, as most of the reliable ways of dealing with top-tier threats had already been discovered and I kept finding myself just recreating pre-existing teams. However, thanks to some ideas from my chaps in #littlecup, this team was born- and I am extremely impressed by its outcome.

This team uses a mix of reliable strategies and cores that are found on other teams. The famous Foongus / Tirtouga core from Superpowerdude's RMT is present on this team, and so is the powerful AcroGem Drifloon from iss's team and SD Pawniard from Hawkstar's team. The team has gotten a lot of ideas from other already existing successful teams, and brings them together with one little twist that I threw in myself for added fun. It's a relatively offensive team that relies on opportunities and setting up in order to bombard the opposition with so much power that they simply can't keep up. DDance Scraggy is the main destroyer, 2HKOing almost everything in the tier, and Misdreavus supports it by taking out opposing Ghost-types and crippling opponents. Shell Smash Tirtouga and SD Pawniard provide added offense while also giving the team bulk to lean against, and Drifloon adds fast, powerful cleaning late game. Foongus is the defensive backbone, not only preventing the team from getting sweeped by opponents but also crippling the opponent and opening up opportunities to set up and #RECK.

Without further ado, let's get to the team.

Night Visions is a terrific album by Imagine Dragons. I found that it made sense to call a team of 2 Ghosts and 2 Dark type Pokemon "night visions", as the two types are commonly associated with night time and darkness. The "visions" also suggest something good and not unoriginal, like a discovery or breakthrough. That's what I feel the team is; it's really unique yet still effective and that's why I found it so fun to play.

Pokemon Sets & Descriptions

Demons (Scraggy) @ Eviolite
Ability: Shed Skin
Level: 5
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 SDef / 212 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Drain Punch
- Hi Jump Kick
- Crunch

Scraggy is the team's main powerhouse sweeper, and it is extremely essential to the success of the team. Everyone knows how frighteningly scary DDance Scraggy is, so I made it my sweeper. It has terrific bulk with the spread and yet still retains enough Speed and Attack to punch holes. Its bulk lets it tank almost any non super effective hit, nab a DDance, and hit the opponent hard with a STAB move, sometimes healing off lost damage in the process. At +2, Scraggy can pretty much 2HKO any common opponent it meets bar Foongus, which is handled quite easily by the rest of the team. Hi Jump Kick shreds through opposing teams like a chainsaw through tissue paper, and is even more frightening after boosts. Drain Punch is reliable STAB that hits quite hard and replenishes Scraggy's health, making it last longer. Crunch is another STAB move that has perfect synergy with Drain Punch, letting Scraggy hit everything at least neutrally. Crunch also helps Scraggy remove problematic relatively fast Ghosts and Psychic types early on, giving its teammates much more breathing room when it comes to sweeping. Usually, Scraggy can set up at least once and take down at least 2 opponents, more often than not key opposing opponents, pretty much granting me wins. Once Scraggy reaches +2 or 3, my opponent is pretty much down for the count.

In terms of synergy, Scraggy's typing, coverage, and sweeping abilities are extremely vital to the team. Scraggy's weakness to Fighting-type is easily covered by Foongus and the presence of two Ghost-types on the team, and often times I can use Scraggy to bait in Mienfoos and double switch to Floon or Missy for immediate momentum. Scraggy's Dark typing is also useful when it comes to tanking Psychic / Ghost type attacks from Abra or Misdreavus that tend to annoy Floon / Missy / Foongus. Scraggy is really a team playa.

I called the guy "Demons" because that is what he is. #original

On Top of the World (Drifloon) @ Flying Gem
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 36 HP / 200 Atk / 8 Def / 40 SAtk / 8 SDef / 200 Spd
Naive Nature
- Acrobatics
- Shadow Ball
- Hypnosis
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Drifloon is another great Pokemon that I don't usually bring out early unless the opponent has a well played Mienfoo that is guarded by something that cockblocks Misdreavus / Foongus (usually Murkrow.) Flying-type offense is soooo important in LC, as almost every team has at least one Fighting-type and it is essential to remove Fighting-types in order to gain a large advantage against opponents. Drifloon is usually a late game cleaner, as it is pretty much a one time use Pokemon that is still capable of dealing massive amounts of damage to the opponent granted I play it correctly. Flying Gem + Acrobatics + Unburden makes Drifloon the fastest Pokemon on the field after its first Acrobatics, and when coupled with solid offensive coverage and Hypnosis for troublesome threats, Drifloon is extremely difficult to defeat when the opponent is weakened. Acrobatics is an extremely powerful and reliable move that OHKOs weak opponents easily and even deals massive amounts of neutral damage. It's a great STAB move that can also rid unsuspecting Snovers and Foonguses, as well as OHKO Fighting-types such as Timburr that stop Pawniard / Scraggy / Tirtouga. Shadow Ball and Hidden Power Ground are coverage moves that I don't use very often; HP Ground is mainly for sleeping Chinchous or Steel-types that resist Acro, and SBall is mainly to finish off opponents when I don't want to use Acro + Gem just yet. Hypnosis shuts down problematic threats such as Murkrow so I don't have to throw my chances of a win into so much of a tossup of prediction.

Synergy wise Drifloon is the ultimate silver bullet for Fighting types. It's more reliable than Misdreavus and Foongus at this job because it can not only wall them but also quickly remove them from the match before they start dealing too much damage. Drifloon's high speed and immunity to Ground is also really useful against Sand teams, as it can beat Drilbur 1 v 1 and heavily dent Lileep / Hippo. Its ability to remove Grass-types is also really helpful to Tirtouga. Still, I would say that Drifloon is probably the least used member of the team not because it's a bad Pokemon but because solely Misdreavus + Pawniard / Scraggy is enough to defeat most opponents and adding Tirt + Foongus into the play is enough for most of the rest. It's a great Pokemon, though, and it has definitely earned its spot on the team.

Drifloon is "on top of the world".

Radioactive (Misdreavus) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 28 Def / 240 SAtk / 240 Spd
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Trick

obligatory M

Fuck stereotypes. Misdreavus is my little outlier and one of the main reasons why this team is so fun and so successful. Lead Misdreavus is common so most people assume Eviolite standard, but nobody expects being screwed over when their lead Mienfoo / Murkrow gets tricked Specs and basically becomes useless for the rest of the match. This set is gold and I discovered how awesome it was when I tested it for C&C- and immediately I knew I wanted to build a team around it. Trick + Specs absolutely screws almost any opponent in LC, as special attackers are not only rarer but also rely on their coverage in order to defeat opponents. Misdreavus not only gives me immediate momentum but also weakens the opponent's setup and opens up a lot of setup opportunities that often make matches short and sweet against less experienced opponents. While the opponent is scrambling to regain momentum, I can easily pull up a Nasty Plot and start firing powerful Shadow Balls at opponents or double switch to Scraggy / Pawniard and quickly setup for a sweep. Perfect coverage in SBall and HP Fighting make Misdreavus not only disorienting for the opponent but also destructive. Few things can both eat Specs and still wall +2 Misdreavus afterwards, making Missy reliable sweeper.

Synergy wise, everything on the team is helped by Misdreavus. Trick Specs opens up many opportunities and grabs me huge advantages. No more Eviolite Hippo is a lot easier to muscle past and Tricking Specs onto the right opponent will often result in my win. Just like Drifloon, an immunity to Normal / Fighting / Ground makes Misdreavus a reliable offensive counter as well. It provides special coverage too to help whittle away at physical walls such as Hippo. Awesome Pokemon; awesome set.

It's nicknamed "Radioactive" because it getting too close will result in radiation poisoning (Specs) and eventual DEATH.

TipToe (Foongus) @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 124 HP / 156 Def / 76 SAtk / 76 SDef / 76 Spd
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Spore
- Stun Spore

So far, all of my LC teams have had a mushroom on them- and for good reason. Grass-types are really handy in Gen 5 LC due to the prevalence of Sand and Ground-type moves in general. Every team needs one to cockblock Drilbur. Foongus is pretty rad also because of its ability to beat Water / Electric / Fighting types easily. Regenerator makes it last long too, so it can continuously come in and piss off my opponent. It's a great multipurpose wall that can also help cripple my opponent with Spore and Stun Spore, making setup and sweeping much easier. Clear Smog is a big middle finger to assholes that try to actually set up and sweep (I know, how rude) and helps prevent my team from being out-offensed. Giga Drain is great STAB that heals Foongus and also KOs Hippo, Drilbur, and Chinchou, those fuckers.

Foongus's resistances are super important. Chinchou is quite annoying for my team to face, so Foongus steps in and destroys it. SSmash Tirt can be dangerous if it sets up, so Foongus kills it. its bulk and longevity let it sponge attacks for the sweepers of the team and increase overall efficiency.

It's called "tiptoe" because it's small and small things tiptoe. There is no other reason.

Bleeding Out (Pawniard) @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 156 Atk / 36 Def / 116 SDef / 196 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Brick Break

Pawniard was suggested by my friend Aikenka who will probably read this and be so happy that I gave him a shout out. Will, I did. My team was really struggling with a lot of common offensive powerhouses, mainly Murkrow and Snover, and finding a Pokemon for Pawniard's spot was probably the most frustrating part when I made this team. Fortunately, a fitting Pokemon was found, and it was a terrific fit. In OU, my philosophy has always been that every successful team needed a Steel-type setup sweeper- and Pawniard is just that. Its type gives the team a lot of useful resistances and an answer to a lot of top tier threats, patching up a lot of problems. Its movepool and stats let it be a threatening sweeper, and is useful for almost every occasion. Because of its resistances, it can grab Swords Dances quite easily, and can often pull off sweeps mid to late game. A +2 Iron Head hits like a truck and 2HKOs most physical walls easily. Brick Break then takes care of the rest, which is a list basically limited to Steel-types and Water-types. Sucker Punch is another extremely important move not only for the set but also for the team, as it provides a means of revenge killing and a way for Pawniard to KO foes that are faster than it when sweeping.

Synergy wise is blocks Snover and Murkrow and is immune to poison / psychic, which Misdreavus can lure in. That's really all it does but also all it needs to do, as those things by themselves are already problematic enough. As I said before, Sucker Punch is real useful for revenge killing as it's a lot stronger than Tirtouga's Aqua Jet.

It's called "bleeding out" because that's what it makes its opponents do.

It's Time (Tirtouga) @ Eviolite
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 4 HP / 212 Atk / 12 Def / 76 SDef / 180 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge

Tirtouga is another solid Pokemon that was added to the team because of its synergy with Foongus, its sweeping ability, and its ability to offensively cockblock Sand as well as sweep opponents. After just one Shell Smash Tirtouga can rip through weakened teams, and with Solid Rock / Eviolite to back it up it's really tough to take it down in one shot. Waterfall and Stone Edge are two powerful STABs that hit everything bar Ferroseed (who is dealt with by Scraggy / Pawniard / Misdreavus) neutrally. Waterfall is great for removing Ground-types and Stone Edge beats Snover and Murkrow, two big threats to the team. Tirtouga's Aqua Jet is also quite important, as it is a more reliable way to revenge kill Ground / Fire / Rock / Steel / Dark-types than Pawniard's Sucker Punch. It also helps Tirtouga eliminate faster threats, though there usually aren't any after a SSmash. I chose Solid Rock + Eviolite along with the spread to give Tirtouga enough bulk to let it act as a panic button against Snover and Murkrow should Pawniard get weakened.

Synergy wise Tirtouga is the only Fire-resist in the whole team, making it important when the opponent has Ponyta. As stated before, it's also a key player in removing Sand offensive opponents quickly, giving the other Pokemon in the team more chances to set up. In general, I also don't use Tirtouga that much because Stone Edge misses way too much, but it's still a very useful Pokemon to have on the team.

It's called "it's time" because after a Shell Smash it's time for my opponent to lose.
So yeah, that's the team. It's quite solid and super duper fun to play with (trust me, I had SO much fun with Trick Specs Missy) and can handle the metagame well if you know how to use it.

Big thanks to Apt-Get for keeping the team alive when I left.
Also big thanks to Aikenka for the Pawniard idea.
Another big thanks to Kingmidas for being my test dummy.
And one final big thanks to #little cup. You guys are terrific!

I hope you enjoyed my team as much as I did! Cheers for a great Generation 5 and I hope we have an even better Generation 6 :)

Demons (Scraggy) @ Eviolite
Ability: Shed Skin
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 SDef / 212 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Drain Punch
- Hi Jump Kick
- Crunch

On Top of the World (Drifloon) @ Flying Gem
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 36 HP / 200 Atk / 8 Def / 40 SAtk / 8 SDef / 200 Spd
Naive Nature
- Acrobatics
- Shadow Ball
- Hypnosis
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Radioactive (Misdreavus) @ Choice Specs
EVs: 28 Def / 240 SAtk / 240 Spd
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Trick

TipToe (Foongus) @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 124 HP / 156 Def / 76 SAtk / 76 SDef / 76 Spd
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Spore
- Stun Spore

Bleeding Out (Pawniard) @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 156 Atk / 36 Def / 116 SDef / 196 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Brick Break

It's Time (Tirtouga) @ Eviolite
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 4 HP / 212 Atk / 12 Def / 76 SDef / 180 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge

Last edited:

Electrolyte

Wouldn't Wanna Know
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Using this post to store all of my RMT material.

First and foremost- if you have come to this link for an OU, Doubles, or LC team rate or advice for team rating, just shoot me a visitor message on my profile and I promise I will reply as soon as possible :)

Team compilation:
All of these RMTs have importables in them. Feel free to "borrow" them whenever you wish.

BW

OU:
Songs About Jane
The Year of the Serpent
Syndicate
Summer Storm

LC:
Attack of the Pranksters
Night Visions

XY

OU:
[Pkbk] Life in Color

Doubles:
Revolution 909
Just Another Team

LC:
Reunion

Last edited:

GlassGlaceon

My heart has now been set on love
If This team was the U.S government, mixkrow is what shut you down. All awful jokes aside, this team is pretty solid bar some minor nitpicks. IMHO, more than two setup sweepers is just too much. I feel like if you face a smart opponent, he won't let you set up THAT much all over his team. I'd recommend support tirt>bulky SS to not just have a bit more reliable answer to mixkrow or scarf krow, who also does a number on your team from the looks of it. Also you need SR to be able to weaken mixkrow before it has enough health to sweep your team. (Srry if my thoughts get all over the place, I'm terrible at staying on topic) and put stone edge>rock slide to get a little extra smack on pokes that don't die to rock slide, but that's just my personal preference. As rare as it is, LO staryu 2HKO's or OHKO's your entire team, but I wouldn't worry about that. (The tirt set is on the smogon page at the bottom iirc, can't post it cuz on phone ATM) solid team, love the trickspecsNP missy, 2nd favorite set. Here's to helioptile and goomy wrecking gen 6 :]

You have Specs NP good sir, fix it. Other than that, I dont play LC but this is dumb.
If you don't play the tier, then don't say anything because you look dumb when you say ignorant things. No, this set is good, and you have no idea what you're talking about, he doesn't need to change it.

Fantastic team Electrolyte! It's standard with a bit of flavor, haha. :)

GlassGlaceon

You have Specs NP good sir, fix it. Other than that, I dont play LC but this is dumb.
The reason for that is to trick the specs off to a murkrow/other missy check, and NP on the switch. Don't question a set if you don't play the tier AND don't know how it works
Inb4 I play trickspecsNP missy totally wrong

Because I didn't want to run Chinchou, Tirtouga is used to counter MixKrow. Being that MixKrow is usually an early sweeper, Misdreavus can Trick it Specs and cripple it for the rest of the match. Pawniard can also sponge a Heat Wave and reply with a heavily damaging Iron Head.
How are Tirtouga and Pawniard supposed to counter MixKrow, If they're killed by BB/SR/1 Spikes + HP Grass/Heat Wave? They can't even check it, since chances to Krow get a KO after SR are like 80%~90% and you have no spinner.

Tricking with Missey isn't a solution too, since nobody with a brain will let her MixKrow ahead a Missey. And since your team doesn't setup SR, Krow can switch and come back multiple times with no regrets.

The point is not you need to run Chinchou, but it is you need a way to deal with MixKrow. Since your team is 5/6 slower, all your mons are KOed after SR and you don't even have your own SR. I bet well-played MixKrow will always get at least 3 kills vs your team o.o

Electrolyte

Wouldn't Wanna Know
How are Tirtouga and Pawniard supposed to counter MixKrow, If they're killed by BB/SR/1 Spikes + HP Grass/Heat Wave? They can't even check it, since chances to Krow get a KO after SR are like 80%~90% and you have no spinner.

Tricking with Missey isn't a solution too, since nobody with a brain will let her MixKrow ahead a Missey. And since your team doesn't setup SR, Krow can switch and come back multiple times with no regrets.

The point is not you need to run Chinchou, but it is you need a way to deal with MixKrow. Since your team is 5/6 slower, all your mons are KOed after SR and you don't even have your own SR. I bet well-played MixKrow will always get at least 3 kills vs your team o.o
Thank you for your concerns Marcelo DK but Spikes are rarely an issue for this team, and neither is MixKrow. The only two reliable Spikes setters in LC, Lead Dwebble and Ferroseed (who rarely runs hazards other than SR anyway) are easily crushed by the team. Quite on the contrary, facing Lead Dwebble actually benefits the team greatly by providing Misdreavus with something easy to Trick to and from there it's basically set up + sweep. Ferroseed as well can be countered in some way by every member of the team bar Tirtouga, whom I would not usually bring out so early in the game anyway. The chances that either of those are actually paired with a Murkrow- actually, a MixKrow, which is a relatively uncommon set nowadays- are so small that it's not a viable threat. It's true that my team doesn't carry Stealth Rock to help wear Murkrow down, which is why I'm going to consider and test GlassGlaceon's suggestion about making Tirtouga more bulky.

Also, don't you think that BB / SR / Spikes + HP Grass / Heatwave is kind of a stretch? I really can't think of any Pokemon that can switch into MixKrow with SR + Spikes, eat a Brave Bird, AND also eat a coverage move next while STILL being able to KO it or at least cripple it beyond repair. My suspicions are further intensified by the fact that you do not actually provide an solution to your problem, which is the whole point of a rate. Although your concerns are not entirely unjustified, I assure you that my team handles MixKrow and Murkrow in general much better than you appear to think it does, and I really don't know how to take your rate seriously since all you actually said before was "Papai noel sent out MixKrow (Murkrow)!", which is actually not very helpful at all.

Also, don't you think that BB / SR / Spikes + HP Grass / Heatwave is kind of a stretch? I really can't think of any Pokemon that can switch into MixKrow with SR + Spikes, eat a Brave Bird, AND also eat a coverage move next while STILL being able to KO it or at least cripple it beyond repair.
'/' means 'or'

'+' means 'and'

SR or 1 layer of spikes or Brave Bird and HP Grass (for Tirtouga) or Heat Wave (for Pawniard), man...

tl;dr - it just needs SR to 1hko your entire team

Let's see some calcs ignoring SR:

80 SpA Life Orb Murkrow Heat Wave vs. 0 HP / 116 SpD Eviolite Pawniard: 18-23 (85.71 - 109.52%) -- 75% chance to OHKO

80 SpA Life Orb Murkrow Hidden Power Grass vs. 4 HP / 76 SpD Eviolite Solid Rock Tirtouga: 19-23 (86.36 - 104.54%) -- 6.25% chance to OHKO

Last edited:
Hello I’m bored so I’m making a rate

I think this HO team has a couple of problems I’d like to point out.

Firstly, for a team with 3 set-up sweepers (too much imo) you lack a pivot, and thus it’s much harder to get opportunities to set-up.

Secondly, you lack a Volt Switch immunity. Drifloon and Tirtouga are both weak to Electric, and if you try to switch the Foongus they can simply Volt Switch to carry the momentum into something like Murkrow or Clamperl to pile up the pressure.

Thus I’m suggesting Tirtouga-> Chinchou since there aren’t any drawbacks I can think of to this.

Next some mons that cause trouble to your team

Misdreavus is very threatening to the team. There aren’t any solid counters to it and really Scraggy and Pawniard are just stunned by Will-o-Wisp. Specs Missy relies on a speed tie so yeah not a good idea.

Clamperl is something you have no answer to. You don’t have any proper switch-ins to Clamperl so if somehow you manage to be Foongus vs Clamperl, you’re in a heap of trouble. And what if it sets up? You’re entire team is dead (Assuming it has Sub). I see lots of opportunites for it to set up, be it Pawniard, Missy locked into Hidden Power Fighting, or even Scraggy.

I think Specs Missy-> Scarf Missy is a good choice to make, revenge killing a weakened Missy and outspeeding and beating Clamperl.

Misdreavus @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Trick

Standard set

Chinchou @ Eviolite
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 52 Def / 60 Spd / 232 SAtk / 88 HP / 68 SDef
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Heal Bell

Changed the Evs slightly so that Chinchou lives MIxKrow BB + Sucker Punch.

I think the album has been milked enough.

Good to see you back.

In terms of the team, maybe an archen could give you rocks and something of a missy check. Idk, I don't really play lc.

Last edited:
This is a pretty solid team when I look at it. A few questions, though. Why does a Choice Specs Midreavus have Nasty Plot? Shouldn't it have Thunderbolt to kill Clamperl as it sets up? Otherwise, this team is pretty good. I agree with the idea to replace Drifloon with Archen, because it has a powerful EdgeQuake combo as well as Acrobatics. I guess the fourth move could be Roost, to mitigate defeatist somewhat.

This is a pretty solid team when I look at it. A few questions, though. Why does a Choice Specs Midreavus have Nasty Plot? Shouldn't it have Thunderbolt to kill Clamperl as it sets up? Otherwise, this team is pretty good. I agree with the idea to replace Drifloon with Archen, because it has a powerful EdgeQuake combo as well as Acrobatics. I guess the fourth move could be Roost, to mitigate defeatist somewhat.
rmt said:
While the opponent is scrambling to regain momentum, I can easily pull up a Nasty Plot and start firing powerful Shadow Balls at opponents or double switch to Scraggy / Pawniard and quickly setup for a sweep. Perfect coverage in SBall and HP Fighting make Misdreavus not only disorienting for the opponent but also destructive. Few things can both eat Specs and still wall +2 Misdreavus afterwards, making Missy reliable sweeper
Imo read the RMT. Anyway, this looks like a pretty solid team, aside from the fact that Imagine dragons are a bit overrated.
Luvdisc'd!

GlassGlaceon

nothing coutners mixkrow so shut the fuck up already my god

great team, don't listen to these fools
Meh, defensive arceus rock in sand seems like a p good counter, fool. :] I agree with cxinlee's suggestions about chinchou because there are p much 0 drawbacks to it, but you said you didn't want to so I tried to make an alternative for it, but he still needs roks so yeah that's a drawback. Also why not just use the standard restalk Chou? That's more solid than this weird set IMO, and it can't take multiple barrages from murky. So if you're goin to change to Chou, I'd suggest rest talk, even though this is HO. And one huge last thing, I don't like the idea of hp ground on loon because of how situational it is. Evio magnemite still survives hp ground so I don't see the point.
Run d-bond to take out the threats that will OHKO loon like mag and Chou. It also helps against archen who beats acroloon once again gl and cheers for pumpkaboo :]

tcr

sage of six tabs
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hiya lyte! I like this team alot, especially as it gets away from weather and mienfoo and murkrow while still being fun! I like the relatively new and uprising pawniard/foongus/tirtouga core i keep seeing (i first saw it when playing kingmidas awhile back). Anyway, even though its a really solid team (albeit a teensy bit mixcrow weak but no one really uses it anymore as well as its almost uncounterable without building around it) i think a simple EV Change in Misdreavus might help a bit more. Changing it to the rather more defensive 36 HP/ 120 Def/ 80 SpD/ 240 Spe would help add some bulk in, make missy more of an offensive pivot (keep trick+NP). Odds are you'll be gaining an eviolite anyway, and missy still hits verything in the tier for solid damage at +2 (or even with specs) anyway without 240 SpA. Its a pretty unconventional set imo but ive used it very effectively. Good luck with your team, heres hoping for some ladder peaks soon!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)