Nightmares

Hi this is my first RMT so let me know what you think of the team.

I started this team about three months ago and i was not sure how well this team would do but after further testing i found that it was a very successful
team and have had trouble topping it. Now after various changes this team has given me phenomenal success. I have also wanted to add some weather
because this team struggles in the sun and i can OHKO ninetales very easily but i need my own weather like rain to setup afterwards but i don't want to change too much. So please be polite and read my descriptions before posting.

Swampert@Choice Band (Adamant)
EVs 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe Ability: Torrent
~Earthquake
~Waterfall
~Superpower
~Ice Punch

Swampert serves as my anti-lead and it works pretty well. He is also what i started and built the team around.
But being Choice Banded is kinda annoying because sometimes i think to my self "Certain death is right in front of you
but that can't happen because of a stupid piece of cloth" although the Choice Band allows it to 2HKO Politoed and Tyranitar.
Plus i really like Swampert because it's a axolotl thing.

Heatran@Leftovers (Calm)
EVs 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe Ability: Flash Fire
~Lava Plume
~Stealth Rock
~Protect
~Toxic

Heatran serves as my special wall. it is mainly used to it also serves as my main hazard setter
and also has some offensive presence. And also is my go-to-guy for absorbing Solar beams from Ninetales
and most priority moves like Ice Shard, Extreme-speed, Bullet Punch, ETC. And
Lava Plume really puts a hurt on Breloom.

Rotom-W@Choice Specs (Timid)
EVs 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe Ability: Levitate
~Volt Switch
~Hydro Pump
~Signal Beam
~Thunderbolt

Rotom-W serves as my special attacker. Rotom-W is very important on this team
for one reason Signal Beam it is much preferred over HP Ice while still hitting ground types and the lati twins
it also hits the ever annoying Cresselia making it a very helpful pokemon. I also love to ruin setup sweepers
by tricking away the choice scarf and then Volt Switching into the proper counter. And it has levitate
preventing Earthquake from becoming to devastating to my team.

Hitmontop@Leftovers (Adamant)
EVs 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD Ability: Intimadate
~Rapid Spin
~Foresight
~Close Combat
~Sucker Punch

Hitmontop serves as my main physical attacker.
I started with Gallade an RU pokemon and then i try'd Conkeldurr
and after a ton of heavy thinking i've decided to settle on the middle class
pokemon, Hitmontop it is a very reliable spinner as it has Foresight allowing it to get
past a ghost type and then killing it with Sucker Punch (took me forever to beat platinum to get the move)
and then going after steel types that resist Sucker Punch with Close Combat. I love Hitmontop!!!

Amoonguss@Rocky Helmet (Calm)
EVs 252 HP / 28 SpA / 228 SpD Ability: Regenerator
~Spore
~Giga Drain
~Sludge Bomb
~Clear Smog

Amoonguss serves as my only physical wall being able
to reset Scizor and Lucario's Swords Dance or Sigilyph's Cosmic Power. It can also
use Giga Drain for ever just damaging the foe's with Rocky Helmet. It also resists water
which is why i had replaced Gliscor with Amoonguss. It is also handy that it resists Mach Punch
and the rare Aqua Jet the only priority moves Heatran can't handle.

Porygon-Z@Choice Scarf (Timid)
EVs 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe Ability: Adaptibility
~Tri Attack
~Dark Pulse
~Psychic
~Trick

Porygon-Z serves as a revenge killer on this team. Porygon-Z is one of my favorite pokemon
while being one of the most powerful special attacker in the game Porygon-Z is DEADLY.
First i'd like to tell you why i'm using Psychic over the recommended HP Fighting
the reason for that is because of fighting types, people will switch in to say Hitmontop
BOOM Psychic they won't see it coming. Making Porygon-Z a excellent RK.

Threatlist

my teams known threats are:

~Tormentran The only Heatran my team has trouble with is Tormentran because of my many choice users.

~Terrakion who does not have trouble with this guy?

~Latios its fast and can for the most part 2HKO bulky sweepers.

~Landorus-T is a huge threat it's turned the tables so many times that i can't count them :(

~Dragon Dance Gyarados is the biggest threat my team has because its Gyarados

So thank you for your suggestions i hope my descriptions were detailed enough.
I apologize for any misspelling/incorrect grammar. So that's Nightmares.
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated and i will bump the team as it changes.

first off I would like to ask why you are using a Swampert in the OU metagame as a attacker. If you are to use it I recommend that you use it as a defensive wall with SR instead of the all out attacker that you currently have. Your genesect set looks strong (rock polish is a personal fave). You might want to use a stronger choice scarfer such as terrakion as it revenge kills much more efficiently. Heatran you might want to replace with another special wall that resists fire if you give swamper SR but if you choose to keep Swampert the same you should keep the Heatran set. Gliscor looks good but you have no water resistance in your team. Finally for magneton you should upgrade it to a magnezone with choice specs for a stronger HP fire.
Good Luck!!!

Swampert is great in the Ou metagame a Cband set is brilliant and i wouldn't be supprised if that is the very set smogon suggests for an Ou set if they do give a new set. Its coverage is great and he can wall many common threats such as Jolteon, Thundurus-T, Tyranitar, Hippowdon and Heatran (though some occasionally run HP Grass. Heatran serves as the only real Gensect counter capable of taking all of its attacks excluding the uncommon HP Ground.

Scarfesect would be usefull as i can't see Gallade being a solid scarf abuser in Ou but either way i would defintly try out a differant pokemon such as Terrakion or Concelduur. Conckelduur with a choice band is maybe a good option for taking out your problems. Nothing will take a Cband Drain Punch very easyly not even pokemon resisting it. And if needed you could use payback to solve your problem of Latios.
You will probably find that most Latios users are usually scarfed any way and Conckelduur can take a Psyshock i beleive from a Timid/Modest scarf varient.

Your team also struggles with sun so keep that in mind.

Thanks, i will have to try the conkeldurr, and change genesect to scarf. And i'm aware of the sun problem but am unsure how to approach it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)