Nintendo Connection Tour (VGC) - Victoria/Australia's winning team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whimsicott @ Focus Sash
Timid
252 hp, 252 speed 4 sp. defense

Charm
Trick Room
Taunt
Beat Up

Terrakion @ Life Orb
Jolly
252 attack, 252 speed, 4 hp

Rock Slide
Close Combat
Quick Guard
Protect

Chandelure @ Fire Gem
Modest
252 sp. a 252 speed, 4 hp

Heat Wave
Shadow Ball
Protect
Trick Room

Conkeldurr @ Flame Orb
Brave
252 attack, 252 hp, 4 def (0 speed ivs)

Mach Punch
Drain Punch
Rock Slide
Protect

(There was no team preview in the Australian NCT; I didn't run a fifth and sixth.)

The aim of the team was to a) disrupt with Whimsicott (Charm, trick room, taunt) and attack with Terrakion. Terrakion's wide guard helps tremendously against fake out leads, but I never use it any time else.

The team abuses trick room, and it abuses beat up/terrakion, but it does not cease to function when they don't succeed; a powerful tool. Beat up and rock slide were only used when Terrakion could outspeed both of their pokemon - and if they had priority, I would simply charm them and then beat up/rock slide the next turn. For instance, at -4 attack, Scrafty was struggling to deal 25% to whimsicott with ice punch. After a charm, Conkeldurr's mach punch deals a manageable amount of damage.

Good job :) Warstory?

I'm expecting that combo a lot, so I've prepared my Bris team for it, after fiddling around with a few suggestions I think I can take out Whimsicott/Terrakion leads 90% of the time. Just attacking Whimsicott tends to do it, unless Terrakion is CS it doesn't pose too much of a problem.

Again, good job!

gg's bro, i over predicted and it got the better of me. still can't believe you didn't use protect on the second turn...

nice work. you got a wild card back in, yeah? what did you lose to?

gg's bro, i over predicted and it got the better of me. still can't believe you didn't use protect on the second turn...

nice work. you got a wild card back in, yeah? what did you lose to?
I didn't lose once; the 'wild card' was a bye in round 5, iirc.

My IV's werent perfect. I made sure to have max where it mattered (speed).

really? i was completely surprised when terrakion survived psychic, and now im even more surprised that i know that. my chandelure was rng'd flawless, and i couldnt recall any terrakions surviving the hit online, either.

completely caught me of guard.

but yeah, nice work, and i hope of a rematch sometime in the future. it would be nice if nintendo held pokemon tournies at least once a year O_o

really? i was completely surprised when terrakion survived psychic, and now im even more surprised that i know that. my chandelure was rng'd flawless, and i couldnt recall any terrakions surviving the hit online, either.

completely caught me of guard.

but yeah, nice work, and i hope of a rematch sometime in the future. it would be nice if nintendo held pokemon tournies at least once a year O_o
Maybe you are thinking about after a close combat?

I ran a calc; 252 sp. a modest (with scarf) vs 0/0 jolly terrakion

Detailed Result:
252 SpAtk Chandelure Psychic vs 0 HP/0 SpDef Terrakion: 79.26% - 93.5%
2 hits to KO

source: http://masara.byethost15.com/SilverlightDmgCalcTestPage.html

You have to download something called silverlight to use it, but it's the easiest and best calc i've seen.

dunno what im getting it mixed up with then.

also, i'm most assuredly not fat ;)

Whenever anyone quotes anyone else, it automatically changes it to "Originally posted by Fat <username>"

I don't know where the joke came from, though.

is this the battle, by any chance?
I hope not....Wonder Launcher is gonna drive me insane and remove some of the strategy....And it's unfair when the enemy can revive their Pokemon....

it's a fan-based tournament if i'm not mistaken, so rules on that sort of thing would probably be slackened
I know that it is in Australia, but did Nintendo / Game Freak mention ANYTHING about Wonder Launcher? Is there any way of testing if its active in the tournament mode thing with the battle box?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)