Nintendo Mafia - Heroes win!

Sorry for the lack of activity. TA seemed to be never there when I was on, and Pidge/Rodan were rarely on at the same time, so it was really hard to do everything.

So my role was a wolf safeclaim afterall...
Player info: Claimed Donkey Kong, which was helped by Aura Guardian's constant "Can Donkey Kong please claim to me?", but I think he claimed full night instead of even night BG? Not sure what was going on with that. Killed Staraptor Call and then got lynched, what a waste of 2 good roles
And not to me. Claimed to not be able to prove it until the next night or something. Can't remember when, though.

Yeah, I didn't really suspect Yoshi King even slightly until the whole Eo thing (since there was no way that Eo could be a hero with all the evidence stacked up against him), but this was quickly quelled by the mention of the mole item, and that Yoshi King had supposedly been correct in the inspections of both Rodan and Fangren, who were on opposing factions.

I don't think I contacted anyone else in this game until Day One, when I asked assassinfred a few (probably useless) questions about what he asked n0 since I thought that he might have to be more specific than 'Is user village-aligned' (I thought that he'd have to say something like 'Is user aligned with the Heroes?') It all became redundant anyway since I at this point noticed the flaws with the tennisace role pm, which was what I think lead to the failed lynch of him rather than no lynch.

I didn't do much after that (apart from speak with assassinfred as to why he could vouch for tennisace) until BT asked for a villager to contact him for his 'plan', which was basically just promoting him as a dangerous role. I had no idea who any of the mafia were at this point, and no one had spoken to me except for assassinfred and Blue_Tornado (especially since as far as I know the only ability I was hit with all game was Eo's Night 0 hook). The only thing I could think of would be posting something in the announcement (which would've obviously set of warning sirens in the mafia's heads), or having the wolf, who needed to work with us to have a chance, kill him. Of course this all went belly up after day 2, but thankfully BT was killed next night anyway.

Upon the subbing out of MM87, I quickly contacted Eo, since I wasn't sure if BT could talk or not at this point, and I knew that BT had trusted the former, so I asked him for a claim before I told him about our channel (which we never used anyway, although I didn't know this at that moment in time.) Thankfully Eo responded that he was waiting to talk to assassinfred, who was on vacation at that point. BT also sent round a PM listing Team Aether, Rodan and Lord Jesseus as people who were not on assassinfred's spreadsheet yet. He also suggested Team Aether as a good starting point, and thankfully this turned out well. I already knew (through a slip-up on BT's part) that Sledge, who had also received the message, was inspector, so later in the game this lead for me to guess that Game Freak was a bodyguard of some sort (since the other survivor of the main villager power roles, Sledge, was sent the PM, I figured that Game Freak, the only mystery on the list, was the last one.) To be honest I'm quite surprised that this guess was actually accurate.

So anyway, we lynched Team Aether, Assassinfred was replaced with Yeti and Blue Tornado resurrected. All was well in the village. Blue Tornado contacted me saying that he knew that the Lackeys had a thief due to another role and that that was where the super mushroom had ended up (since BT had earlier told me about Larvitar Star's role, and presumably told him about mine.) The wings were exposed to be on him at his 'death', and we both suspected that there could be a Goomba or something in the Lackeys that still needed the wings. He said that he was sending them to me that day (although I didn't get them until Night 5 in the end.)

From here I didn't do all that much, mostly just asking BT about the Super Mushroom and how inspects on people like Eo and Lord Jesseus (the final user yet to claim) turned out. I don't think I said anything to Yeti other than claiming, and I didn't ever need to speak to many other people.

Overall I had a lot of fun in this game, and I feel that I certainly did a lot better than in Superstars (where I was pretty terrible). My only regret is that my role was kind of useless, so I couldn't really do much to help.

PS: Since when is MGS a Nintendo game? I mean I know Snake was in SSBB but I'm pretty sure it's still not Nintendo..

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
By the time you guys realized my yes/no asking was broken it was almost too late and we found ways around it anyways, such as asking "is ____ in the game?"
That's how BT caught Mekkah and we were going to clean Lord Jesseus.

Yoshi_King shouldn't have suicided, we had no idea he was mafia (or at least I didn't) and he probably could've gotten close to winning.

Yeah kidnapping me was lame o\ are you sure it was only 2 nights it seemed like half the game lol.
PS whoever took my Sapphire Star enjoy your jewed priority LOL
It wasn't very important for me though since I just asked questions.

Combined, BT and I were super broken and could clean people by name (since no hero would be a villain or lackey). Sorry mafia you guys got smashed that way.

I liked that we only had an odd-night BG though, but the mafia never really made use of that.

gg everyone, glad I subbed into this =]

I find it pretty strange that the mafia didn't try to kill off Yeti or Blue_Tornado(after he got revived) just to make sure that they weren't being protected. Anyways, I was very active in the beginning of the game trying to get as much information as I could to get in good protects. By that time, we already had a village leader, so that was moot. I protected those mafia members at the time since assassinfred/Blue_Tornado told me that they were power roles that needed to be protected.

Due to the AP exams drawing near what appeared to be an assured victory for the heroes, I didn't talk much on IRC. Still, I had a pretty good time in this game; though, having a question asker really screws over any moles that makes even the smallest mistake.

This was a fun game while I was in it, although there was a lot of trouble with contacting the rest of my team... I don't know if it was time zone difference, but I'm online pretty much all day when not sleeping and I still rarely saw more than one person on per day. And then I was subbed out, which was quite aggravating because I was thoroughly enjoying it.

Blue Tornado said:
I simply swapped my actions with something that screams "kill me, I might be dangerous" and it got to the right hands: the mafias. I' only assuming the villians decided to kill me after this, activating my role and eventually completely leadingthe village once assassin went inactive.
Actually, you had told me your true role PM, so I knew we absolutely had to avoid killing you at all costs. It was the Lackeys who killed you that night, we had killed Ash. I was also told about the odd-night BG AND the secret village chat (that apparently was never used?), so if BT hadn't been killed, I think we could have had a good chance at winning.

GG everyone, wish I could have been around for more of it.

[22:38:57] -ChanServ- Information for channel #routeer:
-
[22:38:57] -ChanServ- Founder: Blue_Tornado
-
[22:38:57] -ChanServ- Description: router discussion ect ect
-
[22:38:57] -ChanServ- Registered: Apr 01 11:10:09 2010 CDT
-
[22:38:57] -ChanServ- Last used: Apr 03 11:38:18 2010 CDT

...yeah we never used it.

Hey B_T, thanks for the compliment. I decided that I should give up because despite how much you may have trusted me, an unlucky hook (or anything else really, you guys had a lot of tools at your disposal) would result in my loss. If Mekkah hadn't died so quickly, we would've had two kills... which would've increased my chances, but I would have required to eliminate 8-ish people and get lucky enough to steal the mayor item in the process to win. I figured I may as well save everyone time and convenience. :D

Good game while I was in it, and sorry about the vacation thing again! Anyways, my role was completely overpowered, I will admit that, and Blue_Tornado had a pretty OP role as well, ESPECIALLY since he chose me as one of the parents... Still, it was fun while it lasted, and I hope to lead the village fully someday soon. By the way, how was I at leading? I'm just curious to see what I need to improve on.

PS: Since when is MGS a Nintendo game? I mean I know Snake was in SSBB but I'm pretty sure it's still not Nintendo..
Snake was one of the fake claims altair gave our team to use. Anyways I thought the game was really fun. At the beginning of the game our team seemed to have it together but once Staraptor died we kind of fell apart. The only annoying thing is that I wasn't able to get on the computer for 2 days and wasn't able to get my claim and results to yeti and was lynched soon afterward. Thanks altair, p3, and pluff for hosting this great game.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Unfortunately this game ended up being pretty imbalanced in the village's favor, mostly because of Goombella (assassinfred/yeti) and Brock (Blue_Tornado), which was definitely not expected. Still, I think if the mafias/neutrals didn't get so unlucky early, the outcome might have been different. Oh well...
Note to hosts: any time you give village any kind of alliance check + way to duplicate it + legit inspector, murphy's law happens and the wolves/mafia get fucked hard and early.

Player info: Claimed Donkey Kong, which was helped by Aura Guardian's constant "Can Donkey Kong please claim to me?", but I think he claimed full night instead of even night BG? Not sure what was going on with that. Killed Staraptor Call and then got lynched, what a waste of 2 good roles
That was my off-the cuff judgement call, Staraptor Call called me out as a mafia whilst bandwagoning on D1 and said villian specifically, not mafia or mafia/neutral. I figured it was a freudian slip to cover his own ass (and I was damn right!)

Role info:
Wait that's it? You gave me a one time revive? MEHHHHHH especially because Emerald/Sapphire stars cancel each other out which would have sucked had i gotten Sapphire first (though admittedly knowing evan tried to steal from me first while I had no item was a perk).

Player info: I think he stole and/or found a star from somebody every night he was alive (which wasn't very many). Great job as a thief, and the two of them overall did a good job, but they just didn't live long enough and got too unlucky with being randomly targeted and just weren't able to do a whole lot. Sorry guys, I wish you could have done more with these roles...
Yeah I enjoyed screwing with the items a bit. Too bad you gave the village a scavenger so if you wanted to you could recover all of my hard work.

Anyway "gg" everyone even though Genny and I still got boned WE WON IN FRIENDSHIP

WALUIGI OUT

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)