Nintendo wants YOU to vote for the next Online Competition

Which did you vote for?

• Total voters
I voted No Megas, if nothing else because I'm a grumpy old man complaining about how "back in my day, we didn't have these new-fangled Mega Kangaskhans! And everything was uphill both ways!"

Though I'm still waiting for a 6v6 Doubles online competition.

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Oh man this one is pretty hard to choose...

Leaning towards Inverse Doubles at the moment. Inverse is probably my favorite battle spot special format, and I bet doubles would throw a MASSIVE twist on that! For example, imagine how Landorus-T would have to deal with actually be weak to Earthquake now, or how Aegislash is suddenly super terrible now, or Mega Kangaskhan's crazy new Fighting resist.

Anything Goes triples sounds NUTS though. before you see "OH GOD NOT DARKRAI", note that Im positive people would bring Klefki! Imagine all those Arceus though good lord...

No Evlutions sounds sorta interesting, though I imagine that would be another metagame where Mega Kangaskhan rules the roost. Maybe people would use interesting single stage stuff like Throh though, since no evolutions limits the playing field a LOT.

I imagine no mega evos would have some strong similarties to gen 5 GBU, except there would be plenty of Aegislash and Talonflame of course.

duckpond

There's no way
is a Tiering Contributor
I think No Evolutions is gonna be Kangaskhan spam because there's almost no reason not to use it and then as a consequence huge Fighting+Ghost spam to counter it.
Honestly by that it seems pretty boring since legends aren't allowed, so no musketeers to counter Kang

EDIT: didn't realize that the only Ghost type are Sableye, Spiritomb and Rotom, so Ghost spam = Sabley spam basically

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)