nj art

Nastyjungle

JACKED and sassy
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
You cease to amaze me Nasty, the best part about your art is that there are so many different styles! I don't know which one to expect when I check your thread for new art. And is there anything I can call you besides Nasty? It sounds nasty :p
Hehe, Nasty is fine, I'm pretty used to being called it.
And thanks a bunch!

Oh, and since I've gotten a few questions or comments regarding how I do things, here's a poor man's tutorial that I threw together for you guys. Hope you find it helpful/informing.

Tutorial

Step 1: Base Sketch

Step 2: Sketch

Step 3: Lineart

Step 4: Base Colors

Step 5: Shadows and highlights

Step 6: Final touches

Phew! Hope it helped/shed a little light on how I do things!

Nice tutorial. I don't have photoshop, so I found it interesting.

The Crimgan is great! I don't like its normal colors that much, but the shiny colors are better; they make it seem Grass/Dragon, which I like very much. Leaf wings and orange thorns. And then there's Bachuru, of course ^_^

This would have been so useful when I still had a working tablet/iScribble (even though that only has 3 layers :B).

Also, heck yeah, Rhapsody.

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Has my request been lost in the mail? I was about to say again, but last time you were working on it so... :D

There's no particular rush, I was just curious.

The way you incorporate texture is very interesting, and now I know how you get your lines so smooth! Thanks for posting that tutorial :)

Nastyjungle

JACKED and sassy
Has my request been lost in the mail? I was about to say again, but last time you were working on it so... :D

There's no particular rush, I was just curious.

The way you incorporate texture is very interesting, and now I know how you get your lines so smooth! Thanks for posting that tutorial :)

Yes it has definitely been lost, I don't recall a request put in by you.

Go ahead and repost and I'll get on it.

whoooooooa.

that texture reminds me of unown or something and it looks so pretty asdfghskja

If Ho-Oh is better then I'm gonna explode with glee soon.

Nastyjungle

JACKED and sassy
yeah i pretty much texture raped this one

i didn't even actually draw with the real brush, just the texture, i feel so cheap

NastyJungle, I love your art. You should definitely opt for professionally illustrating at some point.

Nastyjungle

JACKED and sassy

Edit: Oh and also, I will mostly be working to finish all of my smog art before I finish any more requests. Thanks for the patience.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)