nj art

dat ass

is really really big...

also his right arm is kinda weird looking :x

edit: sorry for lack of clarity i just didnt wanna come across as offensive

the thing is that it looks like he's missing lats completely since there's no crease where the shoulder hits the back. furthermore, his arm doesn't seem to really have a shoulder muscle, as the part that is the ending of the clavicle seems to be too pointy and doesn't curve into the arm as it should. the outline of the arm seems to be too flat. finally, his arm is rotated so it seems like you should see a bicep on the other side, but the shading implies the bicep is on the same side of the whole arm (if this makes doesn't make sense, i'll try to clarify), making it seem like it's a tricep.

this picture kinda shows it (i couldn't find a better one)

edit 2: actually after looking in a mirror it seems his stance is kinda awkward /:

its still a good pic tho! esp the color selection and the feet (which i can never get)

Nastyjungle

JACKED and sassy
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
kinda weird looking isnt a very great critique since it doesnt tell me whats wrong with it, an actual description of the problem would be much more helpful

js

Proportionally, his legs are a little short, makin' him look frumpy. As far as the arm, i'd probably pull his elbow back, making it more linear. The top half looks pushed forward while the bottom doesn't match it as well.

Want a good read? http://www.amazon.com/Figure-Drawin...qid=1344321918&sr=8-1&keywords=figure+drawing . Andrew Loomis is B.A. and has a few reference books out there.

I love your coloring and would love to see you make a trippy adventure comic someday

I envy your drawing skills.... <(*^*<)

Seriously, you're one of the best PokeArtists --and an artist as a whole-- I've seen so far. Love your coloring and style...the lines and the texture! I like almost all of the artworks you posted, especially those paintings and doodles.

Proportionally, his legs are a little short, makin' him look frumpy. As far as the arm, i'd probably pull his elbow back, making it more linear. The top half looks pushed forward while the bottom doesn't match it as well.

Want a good read? http://www.amazon.com/Figure-Drawin...qid=1344321918&sr=8-1&keywords=figure+drawing . Andrew Loomis is B.A. and has a few reference books out there.
nj has written a few good posts on the subject if you are interested. Notable is that Loomis's works are available online for free if you'd like them

I personally don't get in a tizzy over bias in anatomical proportions, especially when they're presented in caricature- or comic-like settings; I think these things are fun to mess with

I happen to think this piece is really cool!!

^baaaaaam
Agree with you, Zracknel. Believe nj was looking' for answer about the "weird" arm. I looked through earlier posts by nj and love seeing the leaps in bounds in style. BaaAam

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)