nj art

Mafeking

channels his inner Wolverine
is a Contributor Alumnus
Poor Kadabra needs that spoon for overcompensation :(

Though the flaccidity of Kadabra's dick is quite funny, I think my favorite part is how you appear to have given him red nipples on the chestpiece. I know you're not actually going for perfection in appearance with this piece, but I'd like to say that the ears are perfect and delightful to look at. You're so great at contrasting appearances in one picture, it's quite impressive!

(Also I never knew that Kadabra's tail was so large. I thought that you were just making it huge for funny reasons / because it looked kind of like Zekrom's but other art of Kadabra seem to show that the tail is indeed that huge, if a bit more curved in most pictures. Good stuff, madame nj.)

/me very excite
comic looks great, your art style is amazing as always (especially your textures they're lovely), just wait and see how it turns out now :)
gl big nj
also grats on the 200 luvdiscs, too strong

I have to say, though your art is astoundingly good,the most interesting part of reading through the thread was watching your styles grow and change. Quite a contrast between your beginnings and now. I also liked that you constantly mix humor and sillyness with a guarded seriousness amongst other emotions. Your expressions and positioning to convey these contrasting feelings are honestly my favorite part of your style. The only consistant flaw I can see in you artwork (at least without a closer look) is your seeming unwillingness to complete a piece. But I'm pretty much the same so I can't really complain. All in all, great work, and I'm definitely looking forward to the start of your comic.

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
The amount of details in the Clefable picture really seals the deal. The graffiti, the pattern on the suit, the gun, the smoke, the moon in the back, all of it. Clefable looks super larger when compared to the surroundings though, but it's the only thing I can bring myself to point out.

art for the smog, sadly clefable went unused and a different image was chosen for the cover
whaaaaat

outrageous

Clefable as a giant mafioso is amazing. Anyone who can draw pinstripes has my respect. Is the moon in that pic from a brush or did you draw it yourself?

Nastyjungle

JACKED and sassy
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
The amount of details in the Clefable picture really seals the deal. The graffiti, the pattern on the suit, the gun, the smoke, the moon in the back, all of it. Clefable looks super larger when compared to the surroundings though, but it's the only thing I can bring myself to point out.
/me kisses

and yeah, I agree, my perspective is slightly wonky haha

Clefable as a giant mafioso is amazing. Anyone who can draw pinstripes has my respect. Is the moon in that pic from a brush or did you draw it yourself?
/me kisses too

if im remembering correctly im pretty sure I just put a circle there and added the moon texture over the top

That clefable is awesomely badass.

But uh... there are clouds behind the moon?
haha ssshhhhh....shhhh
i know its not correct but it looks barren back there without them!! haha

nj that piece is just so beautiful and detailed, I mean HAND DONE PINSTRIPES jesus how long did they take? Your colouring and shading is beautiful as usual and oh my that sass! Only thing for me is that the lit up windows on the sides of the buildings look like they're angled from a really weird perspective but w/e this piece is awesome. Oh and that blue outline on reshi is sick

Mafia Clefable is awesome, and the level of detail is impressive, but I think I like Reshiram better; the tinted shading is great, and I love the texture on the fire. I cant see all the characters though, which bugs me a little. Great job with both of them.

This is awesome

I am a big fan of studies of the trainer classes from the series

I am also big fan of the roughneck/cue ball character in particular

and then learning the story of this guy (apparently he's the only roughneck trainer in d/p, and he uses cleffa) kind of sealed this as a favorite for me

super cool in color, and I am a big fan of the uncolored lineart as well; I could see it in a children's storybook, haha

big big stuff B)

Mafeking

channels his inner Wolverine
is a Contributor Alumnus
The precursor to Mafia-Clefable? Or something entirely different?

Love the character development evident in the expressions you've given to each of the members of the Clef-family. Cleffa's innocent and joyful grin is a great way to convey the misunderstood message that the Cueball gives across with his big bike and big attitude. Clefairy acting like (s)he's transitioning between childhood and adulthood through the avenue of being a "cool kid" with shades and a toothy smirk is a really nice touch. Clefable's big-boss attitude that makes it look like a direct parallel to its trainer is a nice touch, and I'm a huge fan of the black eye (though the bandaged nose is also quite nice).

I love the small details, like the heart-shaped nose on the skull of the bike, and your tire treads are sicknasty. I've gotta ask, though, how come you made his feet so small? I know artistic license is a great thing and anatomy isn't necessarily the most exciting part of drawing, but the boots just seem way too tiny when contrasted with the bulk of his legs/thighs.

(Also what's with giving your male characters loop earrings? :P)

edit for clarity on boots comment: I know that nj likes to give characters diminutive extremities, it's just that this one seemed particularly excessive and I was wondering if there was any particular reason for that

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
If you look at some of her other work, most of her characters have diminutive extremities. It's just part of her style.

That being said... Clefairy/Clefable are in my top 5 favorites and cyan is my favorite color so I greatly enjoy all of your most recent work. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)