NNNNNNNN BATMAN! (Weatherless Team Batman Style)

Discussion in 'BW OU Teams' started by matthinchliffe, Aug 5, 2012.

1. matthinchliffe

matthinchliffe

[​IMG]

This is my second RMT (thankyou for the help with the first one) and this is my most successful team to date. I have 41 wins with 10 losses and i reached a peak rating of 1780 on Showdown, 1486 on PO, and am undefeated with on wifi (Cos its easier..) Okay this is a team that i have created and have been rather successful with. I lost my first 4 games but since then i have figured out how to use and abuse this team and now i am currently on a 11 win streak. I recently watched The Dark Knight Rises and thought that Bane was just bad-ass and then i was lookin through OU pokes that i have never used and i came across Metagross (The "Bane" of every other teams existence) i didnt know what sets to run on him as i have never had a problem beating him but after choosing his most offensive set, tweaking it a tad, i decided that with the correct team support that this guy is a neer undestructable wrecking ball. So without further a do here is team........

NNNNNNNN BATMAN!!!

(Its actually called that too....)

Team Building Process:
    I recomend you look at this before rating the team
    Show Hide

[​IMG]

Bane.... This guy is the whole reason behind this team and he has swept from turn 1 and won by turn 8. For unprepared teams he can easily set up and sweep, and even on prepared teams at the right moment it can landslide the game into your advantage and completely turn the tables on your opponent.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Im not gunna lie its coincidence that this guy has levitate that goes with my metagross. The soul reason i put this guy in the team was because he reminded me of the Joker.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Hydreigon.. I added this guy to the team as an experiment (to see if i could make him as fearsome as he looks) I have never managed to find an excuse to use this guy over other dragons... Untill now...

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Now I decided to actually make the team work so i added a core. (a little late to add it, i admit..) A recognizable core that i know will work. And you cant have a batman team without batman and robin can you?

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I then added a speedy attacker to the team so that i could deal good quick damage and revenge kill. So Scarfed Jirachi came in.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I then decided i needed something to take status aswell as a rapid spinner. Starmie fills that roll perfectly. So Slowbro had to go. It turns out you can have a Batman team without Robin. (Cause Robin SUCKS! In the story.. Slowbro was pretty good tbh) I then tried Keldeo over Starmie, but Keldeo couldnt outspeed and kill aswell as Starmie so i kept Starmie.

Okay lets take a closer look at the team

[​IMG]

Scarecrow (Jirachi) [​IMG]@ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Serene Grace
    Jolly Nature
    Evs: 252 Atk/ 252 Spe/ 4 Hp
    Moveset:
    - Iron Head
    - Thunderpunch
    - Ice Punch
    - U-Turn

Scarecrow is my lead 6 times out of ten. And i usually just U-Turn out on the first turn into the appropriate check (To help me figure out the opponants skill, scout his sets and to not overpredict. (Usually Amoonguss))

Nature + Evs: I run a jolly nature so i can outspeed everything and then proceed to annoy and destroy with a Serene Grace STAB Iron Head, or the move i feel appropriate. Also most Jirachis arnt max speed scarfed so they stay in expecting to outspeed and are left rather sad after losing their pokemon.

Moveset:
    Iron Head - STAB move of choice. 100% accurate and very usefull.
    ThunderPunch - Gyarados gets wrecked by this and he otherwise walls this poke,. Even at +1 he gets outsped and OHKO'd.
    Ice Punch - Dragons expect to outspeed and are always get absolutly smaked by this, especially Dragon Flying pokes like Salamence and Dragonite.
    U-Turn - Psychics, Scouting, and gettin the hell outa there!

Playstyle - I usually lead with this guy and then i use him mainly late game after the match is in my favor however i abuse him whenever possible because aslong as he punches some awkward holes in the apponant and forces switches and applies pressure, then he is doing his job and making it easy for Meta to sweep after. ​

[​IMG]

Batman (Amoonguss) [​IMG]@ Leftovers
    Ability: Regenerator
    Calm Nature
    Evs - 252 Hp/ 56 SpA/ 196 SDef/ 4 Spe
    Moveset:
    - Clear Smog
    - Spore
    - Giga Drain
    - Hidden Power (Ice)

Batman is heroic, fast, powerful, deadly, and offensive. All qualities Amoonguss has on lock down.... No But seriously Amoonguss can save the day and thats why he is Batman (Just a slightly fatter version)

Evs: 252 into Hp to improve survivability, 56 into SpA so he doesnt hit quite like a twig (More like a stick now) 196 Into SDef. (Instead of the standard 200) And 4 into Speed so that no luck is involved in Amoonguss vs Amoonguss Spore wars because i have speed advantage.

Moveset:
    Clear Smog - Negate stat boosts and save my ass against so many calm mind users!
    Spore - Zzzzzzz.....
    Giga Drain - To get me that health back whilst showing extremely mild offensive presence.
    Hidden Power (Ice) - Against Dragons this is usefull but also against Gengar as he resists my other moves.

Playstyle - I tend to attack straight off the bat if i feel the substitute is a possibility as if i dont im in a really tight situation and if i do attack and he attacks aswell then i tend to survive the hit anyway, and Spore next turn or switch if neccesary to get my health back with regenarator. Use Clear Smog to rescue the game back.​

[​IMG]

Ra's Al Ghul (Stramie) [​IMG]@ Expert Belt
    Ability: Natural Cure
    Timid Nature
    Evs: 252 SpA/ 252 Spe/ 4 SDef
    Moveset:
    -Hydro Pump
    -Ice Beam
    -Thunder Bolt
    -Rapid Spin

Ra's Al Ghul is a master swordsman, and this guy carrys the Expert Belt and the offensive presence to match. He is my Heatran counter aswell as Rapid Spinner. I often find myself forcing a hell of a lot of switches with this guy, he applies pressure to the foes team and seen as my original Slow and Amoonguss core has been abandoned, a new core to the team has developed. My mid game core, that 8 times out of 10 swings the game into my favor and often gives me the easy 4-0 victory. I hardly ever find myself "wasting" a turn using rapid spin unless absolutely necessary because i try maintain heavy pressure on the opponent and often completely force myself into an easy sweeping position so that i actually dont need to rapid spin. However its always nice to have.

Evs: 252 SpA, 252 Spe for max speed with high attack to cause damage. 4 SDef instead of Hp so that when i come against Porygons, there attack increases instead of their SpA so there Thunderbolt isnt as threatening for Ra's and the rest of the team.

Moveset:
    Hydro Pump - Deals massive damage, is STAB and if the opponent has a rain team that isnt full of water pokes then this attack id MEGA!
    Ice Beam - For coverage and super effective damage against dragons that i easily outspeed (minus some scarf variants)
    Thunder Bolt - Bolt Beam combo part 2. Super effective on waters that resist my other moves.
    Rapid Spin - "Get them rocks outaa here!!"

Play style: Offensive mid game, to try turn the tables on my opponant (or to keep the tables turned my way..) Try to keep alive, dont get too trigger happy unless that final move would guarantee you the match. Play cautiously untill you go on the offense with it, wait till right opening, force switches, dont over predict as this will cost you starmie a lot of the time.

[​IMG]

Two Face (Hydreigon) [​IMG]@ Leftovers
    Ability: Levitate
    Timid Nature
    Evs: 12 Hp/ 244 SpA/ 252 Spe
    Moveset:
    -Substitute
    -Roost
    -Dragon Pulse
    -Flamethrower

Two Face Harvey Dent... Corrupt.. Dark.. And Vicious.. Hydreigon has three faces but is still a huge threat to the enemy. Hydreigon is outclassed by every other dragon in a 1 v 1 (bar Druddigon and Haxorus) But B2W2 brought Hydreigon Roost, and i tried and tried untill i got a set to work and this is it! And it works a F*@%$*G treat!

Evs: 12 Hp/ 244 SpA/ 252 Spe. The 12 Hp Evs are so so that my substitutes have 82 Hp instead of 81.25 Hp. 252 in Spe for max speed. 244 in SpA to boost offensive presence. Simple.

Moveset:
    Substitute - Hydreigon forces switches. A lot of them. It has no trouble grabbing the "free" substitutes and then been a menace to society as it stalls and hurts the enemy. Aswell as sponging the status with the sub.
    Roost: Without Roost this set isnt durable and has has no means of stalling the enemy. With Roost Hydreigon can constantly dish out damage and stay alive whilst doing so. Using Roost from behind the sub mostly.
    Dragon Pulse: STAB. This thing may appear all stally but it really is an offensive threat and thats mainly due to its STAB DP.
    Flamethrower: Great coverage with DP, the combo is only resisted by heatran, and everything else can either be destroyed or out stalled and beat at its own game.

Playstyle - I once played a dragmag team and i expected to get owned by the powerfull dragon type attacks. But Hydreigon can handel itself in all battles. It swept and killed 4 of the enemies pokes. I did that by playing very highly offensive. I bluffed choice scarf by switchin him in on Latias (who normally outspeeds) set up a sub and this thing beats all dragons. It is by far one of the best sets i have ever used/ created. I love this guy. He forms part of my mid game core, and depending on how the opponant plays he can win me the game. This guy is only momenterally walled by chansey and blissey aswell (though it does seem to last forever and i usually get bored and switch.) but Heatran is a nightmare to this guy but i have ways to slaughter him so its all good:D

[​IMG]

The Joker (Gengar) [​IMG]@ Life Orb
    Ability: Levitate
    Timid Nature
    Evs: 12 Hp/ 244 SpA/ 252 Spe
    Moveset:
    -Substitute
    -Pain Split
    -Shadow Ball
    -Focus Blast

The Joker... My final part of my mid game core. The Joker has swept and won 6-0 by himself twice. He has focus blast for heatran and normal pokes that either resist or are immune to shadow ball and it really is just a huge ass threat.

Evs: 12 Hp for sturdier substitutes. 244 SpA for offensive presence. 252 for Speed.

Moveset:
    Substitute - To block status and something to hide behind. 66 hP subs which can hinder an ice shard or a amoonguss.
    Pain Split - Life Orb + Pain Split = bread + butter.
    Shadow Ball - STAB move of choice. Easily denting everything that doesnt resist it.
    Focus Blast - Perfect coverage with Shadow Ball.

Playstyle: Set up a sub and fire off attacks till you need your health back. Its that simple. Play this guy right and youll be "laughing" at your opponant. (If you pardon my amazing pun...) Why so serious?​

[​IMG]

Bane (Metagross) [​IMG]@ Steel Gem
    Ability: Clear body
    Jolly Nature
    Evs: 52 Hp/ 252 Atk/ 204 Spe
    Moveset:
    -Agility
    -Meteor Mash
    -Earthquake
    -Ice Punch

"A fire will rise".. Despite the lack of a fire move this guy is the fire that is talked about. Late game this guy is too good. (well he is too good for the enemy at least.) He is my wall breaker and sweeper. (and another heatran counter) Fear Bane!

Evs: Maximise attack whilst giving a good amount of speed so that he outspeeds most scarf users after a Boost.

Moveset:
    Agility - After one Boost he reaches 498. Enough to outspeed Base 100 scarfed pokemon. Its like priority. Venusaur is a problem in sun though.
    Meteor Mash - STAB... Steel Gem... 369 Atack Stat... 100 Base Power... With a chanse to raise attack stat... This is a very powerful move. The accuracy is the only drawback. And it has cost me this pokemon on a few occasions.
    Earthquake - Heatran + coverage.
    Ice punch - Dragons get caught off guard and dont hinder my sweep.

Play Style - Use late game or when you absolutly have to. Mid game he can be unreliable, but he can also turn the tides of the battle. I have swept from turn 1 with this guy. Some teams just absolutly fall appart against this guy. The item i struggled with but i thought id try something different so i went with steel gem, which does work really quite well.

Threat List:
    Show Hide

There arent many threats to this team as it can outstall the vast majority of teams aswell as power through most offensive teams. However every team has threats, so here are the biggest threats to the team:
    Sun Teams - Chlorophyll users can outspeed my team, which makes my team not function as it out plays everything thanks to its high speed stats. Also sun teams often have heatran which can trouble me. Aswell as Venusaur that can completely destroy my team if carrying HP Ice and EQ. Victini's choice scarf varient is horrible aswell. I usually fodder things, but Starmie doesnt do enough damage in the sun with its super effective Hydro Pump.
    Chansey + Blissey - They just slow my team down as i have to fully out stall them with attacks as i lack toxic. But i do win them fights. Mostly.
    Toxicroak - The Bulk up ones are just a pain. I usually kill them But lose something on the way.
    Volcarona - My lack of stealth rock hurts me in this one scenario. I have Been swept By this thing Before and i dont know what to do with it.
    Tangrowth - In sun the suB seed varient is a horror. I just got 6-0ed By it..
    Thats it for main threats.

Few Final Words:

Okay well thankyou for taking the time to read this RMT, thankyou for the feedBack on it (providing i get any..) And i will try and do another RMT in about a month or two... or three. And i look forward to seeing your responses. If youve enojyed please leave a luvdisc (Greatly appreciated) if you havnt enjoyed then get the hell off this thread!!! (Haha) Im out.

Oh and heres the importable:
    Show Hide

Scarecrow (Jirachi) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Serene Grace
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
    Jolly Nature
    - Iron Head
    - ThunderPunch
    - Ice Punch
    - U-turn

Bane (Metagross) @ Steel Gem
    Trait: Clear Body
    EVs: 204 Spd / 252 Atk / 52 HP
    Jolly Nature
    - Agility
    - Meteor Mash
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Punch

Two Face (Hydreigon) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 244 SAtk / 252 Spd / 12 HP
    Timid Nature
    - Substitute
    - Roost
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Flamethrower

The Joker (Gengar) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 244 SAtk / 252 Spd / 12 HP
    Timid Nature
    - Substitute
    - Pain Split
    - Shadow Ball
    - Focus Blast

Ra's Al Ghul (Starmie) @ Expert Belt
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature
    - Hydro Pump
    - Ice Beam
    - Thunderbolt
    - Rapid Spin

Batman (Amoonguss) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Regenerator
    EVs: 252 HP / 196 SDef / 56 SAtk / 4 Spd
    Calm Nature
    - Clear Smog
    - Spore
    - Giga Drain
    - Hidden Power [Ice]

Im out... again..​
  2. Shining_Latios

Shining_Latios

Cool team dude. I suggest running Leftovers over Expert Belt over Starmie. You don't really lose much from using it and now you gain extra recovery at the end of each turn which will help to keep Starmie alive longer for Rapid Spin support. To patch up your Heatran, Volcarona, and Toxicroak weakness, I suggest trying out Scarf Landorus-T over Jirachi. Landorus-T can still scout with U-turn and wrecks Heatran, Volcarona, and Toxicroak with STAB Earthquake and the Pink Blobs definitely don't appreciate it either.

Landorus-T (open)

[​IMG]
    Landorus-T (M) @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Intimidate
    EV's: 4 HP/ 252 Attack / 252 Speed
    Jolly Nature (+Spe, -SAtk)
    -Earthquake
    -Stone Edge
    -Superpower
    -U-Turn

Victini and Venasaur can still cause some serious trouble so I suggest switching Gengar to Heatran.

Heatran (open)

[​IMG]
    Heatran @ Air Balloon
    EVs: 248 HP / 252 Special Defense / 8 Speed
    Calm Nature
    Moves:
    - Stealth Rock
    - Lava Plume
    - Protect
    - Toxic

Heatran comes and takes Victini's V-Create easily and can proceed to use a Flash Fire-boosted Lava Plume on the switch in also with a chance of causing a burn. Air Balloon is used because some Venusaur carry HP Ground or Earthquake, so it will help Heatran immune to it and if Venusaur tries to pop it, it's just asking for death from Lava Plume. Hope I helped dude.
  3. FSLAR

FSLAR

Life Orb or Leftovers are better on Metagross than Steel Gem. Life Orb mostly because you're going to want a constant boost, or you'll lack power to sweep, and Steel Gem is a one time thing. I don't quite see the point of adding 12 HP to Gengar's substitutes, they'll break from any attack - U-Turn being the only attack that won't unless it's from Scizor. 4 Spe on Amoongus is pretty smart actually, since it's a rising threat and I don't think it really detracts from your bulk. It also helps against other Base 30s.
  4. matthinchliffe

matthinchliffe

I will put the evs into SpA on Gengar.
    Ill try life orb but i fear it will die too quick, so ill try lefties too.
    And Amoonguss has sved my ass in what would be speed ties haha thanks
  5. matthinchliffe

matthinchliffe

Jirachi and gengar are too important to make drastic changes to as that will disrupt the team and they are actually amazing aginst the vast majority of teams. but thanks anyway.
  6. matthinchliffe

matthinchliffe

nice picture though, and thanks for rate
  7. Avatar Korra

Hello matthinchliffe! Cool team you have here.

Right now I'm not so sure how well Jirachi fits in. He isn't reliable for outspeeding all common threats, and he isn't that powerful either. I assume his main role is scouting, however there's a much more effective scouter who's faster, more powerful, and can help with your Sun Pokemon problems, like Heatran, Victini, Volcarona, Blissey. I recommend you swap Jirachi out for Landorus.

[​IMG]
    Landorus @ Choice Scarf
    252 Atk / 4 Sp. Atk / 252 Spe
    Naive
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge
    - U-Turn
    - Hidden Power Ice

Landorus makes a very effective Choice Scarfer, able to revenge kill dangerous Pokemon like Salamence with even a Dragon Dance up. Earthquake and Stone Edge provide great coverage and you're able to hit most Pokemon hard. U-Turn of course is for scouting and keeping your momentum. HP Ice is great, as it allows you to take out many Pokemon that could give your team trouble, such as Salamence and Gliscor.

Landorus would be a great improvement over Jirachi as you'll be able to revenge kill (or switch in if you predict right Heatran, Victini, Volcarona, troublesome Pokemon on your team).

Hope I helped :)
  8. matthinchliffe

matthinchliffe

Just tried this out and i won against a sun team (not convincingly) and then struggled against a rain team and a sand team. The lack of iron head, and thunderpunch really really hurts. I just cant figure out a way to deal with sun teams. Im going to try Ancient Power on jirachi :/
  9. Dragonfruit

Dragonfruit

hi i think you should replace thunderpunch with fire punch on jirachi to kill ferrothorn and foretress also gyarados isnt used enough to have an entire moveslot

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)