No Haxmons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
No Haxmons Main Threatlist

All Notable Pokemon and Pokemon in OU that got a Buff

Alakazam

Gets no miss Focus Blast

Blissey

100% Accuracy Move in Sing and can cure your team of sleep

Chandelure

Best user of Inferno

Chansey

See Blissey

Dragonite

Lots of buffed moves like Dragon Rush, Thunder, Blizzard, Hurricane, Aqua Tail, Fire Blast, Draco Meteor etc.

Durant

Hustle has no acc. drop anymore

Garchomp

Gets Dragon Rush, Aqua Tail, Stone Edge and Fire Blast

Gengar

Gets Hypnosis and Focus Blast

Heatran

Gets no miss Magma Storm

Infernape

Gets no miss Fire Blast and Focus Blast

Keldeo

Gets no miss Hydro Pump

Latias

The fact that there are no Crits makes setting up with it way easier

Magnezone

Gets Zap Cannon

Moltres

No miss Fire Blast and Hurricane (even on sun)

Nidoking

Sheer Force still works and gets to use it with better moves

Nidoqueen

See Nidoking

Ninetales

No miss Fire Blast, WoW, Hypnosis and Inferno

Politoed

No miss Hydro Pump

Porygon2
See Porygon-Z

Porygon-Z

No miss Zap Cannon and Blizzard which gives it good coverage and it can Paralyze things faster than it as well as having an easier time setting up Trick Room or setting up without critical hits

Regice

Gets no miss Zap Cannon, Blizzard and Focus Blast, also is hard to take down with special moves without random critical hits

Reuniclus

No crits making set-up easier and no miss Focus Blast

Sableye

No miss WoW and no crits makes absorbing hits and stalling way easier for it

Skymin

127 Speed + a sleep move and good coverage

Starmie

Gets Hydro Pump, Blizzard and Thunder for high powered coverage

Terrakion

No miss Stone Edge

Thundurus-Therian

Gets Thunder and Focus Blast

Togekiss

Gets Hustle Espeed and various non-missing attacks like Fire Blast and Air Slast

Tornadus

Gets Hurricane, Focus Blast and Priority Taunt to stop Sleep moves

Tyranitar

Gets a lot of buffed moves like Stone Edge, Aqua Tail, Blizzard, Thunder, etc.

Venusaur

Gets no miss Sleep at incredible speed, also no miss Leech Seed

Volcarona

Gets no miss Fire Blast and can use Hurricane as coverage

Weavile

Gets DynamicPunch to give it great coverage and can annoy opponents to death

Whimsicott

Priority sleep is good, as well as tons of support and other good no miss Status like Leech Seed and Stun Spore

Zapdos

Gets no miss Zap Cannon and Thunder

Even though this list doesn’t look like it, a ton of defensive Pokemon are viable, most of them just didn’t get really notable buffs, but they can handle this metagame better and no crits boost every defensive Pokemon, as well as the fact that most status moves got more accurate, please say it if I forgot something :].

Buffed moves:

All Sleep moves

- This can be defensive and offensive as you guys probably know)

Hurricane

Thunder

Blizzard

Fire Blast

Stone Edge

Hydro Pump

Focus Blast

- These are all offensive moves, although most pokemon don’t get much of them

Toxic

Leech Seed

WoW

Taunt

- These are all defensive moves that are way better now, Taunt as so much Pokemon use sleep moves, having Taunt is good

No Crits

- Boosts set-up sweepers and defensive Pokemon

No Secondary effects

- Most Pokemon enjoy this

Zap Cannon

DynamicPunch

Inferno

Magma Storm

- These moves seem offensive but are usually used defensive (besides DynamicPunch) as they can hinder foes very well

Abilities

Buffed:

Sheer Force, no effect lose anymore as it won’t effect anyway, but you still keep the boost

Prankster, this just gives so many possibilities, it was already good, but with all the sleep moves and taunts around this meta, it is required for any team to beat them, also Defensive teams must have an answer to Tornadus and Sableye like Skarmory with Brave Bird or Blizzard or Rain Tentacruel

Status Abilities and Magic Guard as they let allow the user to be a status absorber with a Status Orb

Magic Bounce: With the ton of status moves flying around it is nice to have somethign that can turn them around

Debuffed:

Serene Grace, well none of these will affect anyway unless you use moves like Rock Smash with it, so it is almost useless

Any ability that has an effect that is not guaranteed to happen.

Well this was my oversight of No Haxmons, if anyone sees something I missed please say it! I hope it helps you guys getting into the metagame and although some descriptions might’ve been lacking I hope I summarized it all a bit :)

Edit: @Zyphirex, I unbanned it already

Last edited:
I'd say that the abilities Guts, Flare Boost, Quick Feet, Toxic Boost, Poison Heal, Magic Guard, Vital Spirit, Magic Bounce, Hydration, Natural Cure and Sap Sipper have all been buffed indirectly by the buffed accuracy of status moves. Guts variations, Poison Heal and Magic Guard let the user take advantage of status orbs, and turn the user into a good status absorber, Magic Bounce reflects those moves back at the foe, Vital Spirit and Insomnia prevent the user from going to sleep, Hydration gives the user immunity to status in rain, Natural Cure prevents the user from being permanently crippled by status moves, and Sap Sipper gobbles up the Grass Whistles, Sleep Powders and Stun Spores from opposing grass types, (most notably Whimsicott).

Snaquaza, Ninetails gets Inferno from Vulpix's level up movepool. May want to add that to your list.

Trick Room seems like it may fare better in this meta then in standard. Porygon2 and Ridicules both got their movepools buffed, and an abundance of Zap Cannon and Stun Spore will only help TR sweepers.

Also, as far as I can tell, Regice is the only special attacker to gets Zap Cannon, (STAB) Blizard, and Focus Blast.

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
thnx @PokemonMasterDebater I'll add them to my list and yea, we've tested Regice today and its pretty annoying as it can tank a special hit and paralyze you while hitting hard

I'll make some more teams to test Pokemon out ^_^

Edit: I'd like comments on Zweilous, it might have a niche

Last edited:
Instead of removing secondary effects, I have an idea.
My suggestion is that secondary effects should work like this,
Body slam has 30% chance to paralyze, so if you use Body Slam for 4 turns:
turn 1 hits the foe then gets to 60% (it did not paralyze the foe)
turn 2 it gets to 90% (did not paralyze)
turn 3 it gets to 120% (did paralyze the foe)
turn 4 it's back to 30% and didn't paralyze.

Basically in the end of each turn the "chance" for a secondary effect to occur increases by it's original value, the effect will never occur until it's "chance" is >= 100.

If you still didn't get here's another example for a move with 40% chance secondary effect, say, move 'Foobar' has '40%' chance to burn the foe.
turn 1 - dunsparce uses foobar, didn't burn, chance to burn is now 80% (+40%)
turn 2 - dunsparce uses foobar, didn't burn, chance to burn is now 120% (+40%)
turn 3 - dunsparce uses foobar, foes gets burnt, chance to burn is now the original, 40% (resets)

Also, this does not need to be a combo, for example if you used another move on turn 3, chance for foobar to burn is still at 120%, the stack resets once you switch out.

Therefore, moves with 50% chance to occur would occur once each 2 times.
turn 1 - doesn't happens, turn 2 - happens, turn 3 - doesn't happens, turn 4 - happens, and so on...

Confusion and infatuation would be the same thing.

Just my little thought on this =)

SpartanMalice

Y'all jokers must be crazy
@Kyubey I get what you're trying to say but I think that takes away the point of No Haxmons in the first place.

@PokemonMasterDebater Magic Guard's buff is only slight though. Alakazam doesn't get haxed, but he's still slowed down, and he didn't take any damage from status before. Reuniclus, on the other hand...

Zweilous is probably outclassed by Kyurem-B, which has superior stats in every regard, even with Hustle and Eviolite factored in, (except special bulk, which is about equal). It's too slow to destroy opposing teams without a Choice Scarf, or Tailwind/Trick Room support. With 252 speed EVs and a jolly nature, Scarf Zweilous hits 354 speed, which is good enough to outspeed jolly Lati@s, but it would lose to other scarfers and priority. The only "advantages" that it might have over Kyurem-B is that it has a secondary physical STAB attack, (which is still weaker than 4 Sp Atk Kyurem-B's Blizzard unless you use a adamant nature), and it gets Dragon Rush so it doesn't have to lock itself into Outrage like Kyurem-B does, (which is good, but it isn't as big of an advantage as it might seem. You're using a weaker attack on top of your comparatively weaker attack stat, and using Outrage no longer comes with the risk of hitting yourself in confusion after your outrage ends).

Its niche role would have to be as a Trick Room sweeper. It out slows all other noteable dragons save Druddigon, who is weaker and also doesn't get Dragon Rush, (which is a shame, because if it did, it could get a Sheer Force boost on it).

SpartanMalice

Y'all jokers must be crazy
The thing about Cube is he's still weak to rocks and it's a hard time spinning in this meta with Gengar around, plus his still shitty movepool. Sure Zweilous doesn't get much more either but he has more than just Outrage, Dtail, Dclaw and Fusion Bolt. Zweilous has: Outrage, Dragon Rush, Superpower, Crunch, Aqua Tail, Fire Fang and Head Smash, and even facade if you want it to absorb status (I think cube has it too though). Heck, Zweilous even gets a physical Ice move, something cube doesn't have.

So basically Cube: Superior stats and more speed, which is still average + same old predictable movepool, even if it can use Blizzard and/or special filler. While Zweilous has a still shallow, yet wider movepool than cube and just a little less attack than Adamant Max Kyurem-B. But Cube will mostly use a speed boosting nature and if running 4 SpA would have to use Hasty or something that lowers defenses, so even then you have to get rid of some of it's bulk.

Snaquaza

KACAW
I think I'll test this Zweilous

Zweilous
@Eviolite
Trait: Hustle
Nature: Adamant
EV's: 252 HP / 252 ATK / 4 DEF
- Dragon Rush
- Thunder Wave
- Superpower
- Crunch

If anyone is interested in testing with me go to the Tervari server or PM me if I'm AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)