No Kyogre for me!

Hey guys and gals, this is my first time making a thread so some feed back would be nice. :) I decided here to make a Sun team that would totally harness the absolute power of Reshiram with specs and how good an Anti lead Latios can be.

Groudon @Leftovers
Adamant nature
252hp/252spd/4SPat

-Earthquake
-Stealth rock
-Thunder wave
-fire blast

Earthquake, The move that all groudons have. Good for stab, and nice to use against a ttar that can be slower than you in the first turn, since there is nothing he can really do to you, Since groudon has that amazing bulk and max HP stats. Stealth rock, just in case that Latios faints and can't use his magic coat. thunder wave to use on incoming kyogre, and can also severly cripple Pokes that are really speedy. Fire blast Is a gift for Ferrothorn that think they can stall out groudon.

Latios @Soul Dew
Modest Nature
252 SPatt/ 252 Speed/ 4 hp

Draco meteor
Magic coat
Psyshock
Thunder

Latios Can deal out massive damage with Draco meteor and with that soul dew Boost(BTW I have tested it out and Draco meteor with Soul dew Can 0ko enemy Groudon with 0 hp EV and 0 spd ev, if Hazards have been set up). Latios can be a great anti lead against ferrothorn and more specifcally, Darkrai. Darkrai can be one of the most annoying poke's in ubers and can deffinitly ruin your day if it can get a sub and nasty plot up while a poke is asleep. Magic coat gives Latios the Priority and can Send Darkrai a test of it's own medicine. It can also reflect incoming stealth rock, spikes, and toxic spikes. This move is amazing because All darkrai users almost NEVER see the Magic coat coming and can force a switch, letting Latios do massive damage against what ever pokemon comes out. psyshock is for getting rid of terrakion and other threats. Thunder is useful for when Kyogre comes out, thinking that he is going 0ko you with Ice beam, which never happens thanks to our lucky sould dew. Thunder can be switched with hidden power fire, to hit any incoming ferrothorn that will switch into a draco meteor.

Arceus-Grass @ Meadow Plate
252hp/ 252spdef/4 Spatt
Calm nature

Grass knot
Ice beam
will-0-wisp
Recover

Now I use grass knot instead of the almighty judgement because it essentially does more damage to Kyogere and Groudon because of their massive weight. Arceus grass is also another great Kyogre counter. It can 0ko any 4hp ev kyogre. Most Kyogres often thinkg that they can take a judgement and send a ice beam to poor arceus and deal massive damage, which they often do but Arceus has that Spdefense investment so he can take ice beams all day and just recover. Ice beam is out for coverage against giratina, Zekrom, Rayquaza, Lati@s, Groudon, and whatever threats that come against it. Will O wisp is a gift for Groudon and Zekrom and Also Rayquaza, which then allow Arceus to recover out all damage it took beforehand and then Ice beam the hell out of the threat. Calm mind can also be used over Will o wisp.

Reshiram @ choice specs
252 Spatt/ 252 speed/ 4 hp
Timid nature

-Blue flare
-Draco meteor
-dragon pulse
-focus blast

Now for the main damage dealer of this team. Blue Flare is the Move that does big damage with the sun and Special attack investment. It can do at least 45%-52% of damage to Giratina and also do alot of damage to rayquaza, despite air lock. It also has a 30% chance to burn Rayquaza which is fine by me. Draco meter to use on other pokes in the uber team that resist blue flare. Dragon pulse is a move that you want to use if Reshiram is finishing off a weakened Pokemon focus blast is a gift for TTar.

Forretress @ leftovers.
252hp/252spdefense/ 4 atack
careful nature

Rapid Spin
Spikes
Toxic spikes
gyro ball

Rapid spin is for the obvious getting rid of Srocks so that Reshiram doesn't take that bad 25% damage on switch in. Spikes and toxic spikes so that other pokes can take more damage upon switch in and take poison damge as well as reg switch in damage. Gyro ball is for when Other speedy pokes come in to set up on forretress. so we can then switch out to arceus grass to scare and switch out opposing pokes that arceus can wall.

Palkia @ lustrous orb
252SpAttack/ 252 speed/ 4 attack.
Mild Nature

Spacial rend
Surf
Fire blast
Dragon claw

Palkia is the 2cnd main check for Kyogre and can actually benifit from the rain AND our sun. Spacial rend is for the great power and good acuracy. Also a good replacement for that nasty special attack drop that draco meteor would've given ya. Surf for that stab and can be used to sweep other opposing pokes if kyogre was taken out by palkia. fire blast for that ferrothorn, which can still be Oko'ed (with hazards) despite the wonderful Rain that ferrothorn relies on to take fire attacks. Dragon claw is for blissey and other chanseys that can wall Palkia's special attacks. can also be used to fake out opponent to switch into a ferrothorn, thinking Palkia might be spec'd or scarfed.

Anyway so that is my team. I am good at battling and have won many times with this team. Despite my skills, i'm not that good at remembering any common threats for this team despite Ekiller arceus.

Thank you for reading this thread! I plan on making more teams in the future and can really use the feedback so that I can improve on my knowledge of the uber metagame since it is my favorite one to play.

Thanks again!

IcyHotDragon

You don't have many pokemon that actually benefit that much from the sun, but if you have won many times it's not my place to judge.

The team looks good so far from what I see; however, that's not saying much because your post is difficult to decipher. It appears that you're new, so let me give you a few tips on posting RMTs:

1) Proofread, proofread, proofread. It's much easier to read a post with as few grammatical errors as possible.

2) Make it look pretty. It doesn't have to be super fancy-schmancy, but a few extra lines and formatting can go a long way. Also, sprites are a very good thing to use--it helps those of us who want to rate to better understand your sets.

3) Try to have some sort of intro and/or team overview so people can see your overall structure and purpose whilst reading the post.

Best of luck!

Hi. I just started playing ubers and I have found that using more than 2 dragons on one team is too many since dragon attacks are everywhere. That said, I think you should replace one of your dragons for ferrothorn - my friend (who's a lot better than me) says every successful team needs a ferrothorn.

Hi. I just started playing ubers and I have found that using more than 2 dragons on one team is too many since dragon attacks are everywhere. That said, I think you should replace one of your dragons for ferrothorn - my friend (who's a lot better than me) says every successful team needs a ferrothorn.
Putting Ferrothorn on a sun team is a risk in itself. Though Ferro in sun takes Kyogre's Water Spouts and Surfs like a pro, it's increasingly at risk from HP Fire, weaker Flamethrowers (since strong ones will kill it anyway) and the rare Heat Wave. There's also no point to running both Ferrothorn and Forretress on the team, especially because Palkia fills the anti-Kyogre check spot well anyway. However, I would replace Dragon Claw with Outrage, as it 2HKO's max HP Kyogre after Stealth Rock provided Palkia is holding Lustrous Orb, and allows you to better counter Kyogre.

blitzlefan

shake it off!
* First of all, going off what sithsniper17 said, it's a lot easier to read RMTs when they look pretty/are well formatted. This way, more people are likely to sit down and spend the time to rate your team. Sprites are handy as well! Also, use the Export Team function on PO (or any exportable really) so people can test your team! (This also makes your RMT prettier!) :)*

OK! Gonna rate your team now! First off, Modest Latios is unadvised. Run Timid instead; this way you outspeed Timid Palkia and can speed tie with opposing Lati@s. Next, run a Hasty nature on Palkia if you really want to go mixed; this way, you outspeed base 90s. I think your Palkia should look a little bit like this:

Palkia @ Lustrous Orb
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Spacial Rend
- Surf
- Thunder
- Fire Blast

Run Stone Edge > Fire Blast on Groudon, and consider running Fire Punch > Thunder Wave as well.

Just some quick stuff I don't have that much time GL

Hey all,

I Got the team layout PO style that blitzlefan Suggested I do.

Groudon @ Leftovers
Trait: Drought
EVs: 252 Atk / 144 HP / 112 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge

Latios (M) @ Soul Dew
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Thunder
- Magic Coat
- Psyshock

Palkia @ Lustrous Orb
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Spacial Rend
- Fire Blast
- Surf
- Thunder

Arceus @ Meadow Plate
Trait: Multitype
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Grass Knot
- Ice Beam
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover

Forretress @ Custap Berry
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic Spikes
- Spikes
- Gyro Ball

Reshiram @ Choice Specs
Trait: Turboblaze
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Blue Flare
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast

Good to see the PO import, it really helps people testing out the team. I really highly recommend putting in sprites into your initial post as well, it makes it easier on the eyes for rates as well as attracting more attention. People are more likely to read a well-organized RMT than one that isn't as much. You can Google Image Search "[Pokemon's Name] sprites" and find them, just copy and paste the original images into your initial post.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)