1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

No legendaries, no wobuffet.

Discussion in 'BW Other Teams' started by Brown, Feb 16, 2011.

1. Brown

Brown

I'm entering a tournament at an anime convention with only these two rules. There arn't any clauses stated, but I refuse to abuse that fact; although I care about winning, I care more about not being a jerk.

At a glance:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Starmie @ Life Orb
    Natural Cure
    Timid 252 SpA/252 Spe
    -Hydropump
    -Thunderbolt
    -Ice Beam
    -Recover

Leading off with starmie generally fakes people out from laying down rocks, anticipating Rapid Spin. People also assume I'll trick a scarf right away too. I take advantage of this by blasting them with any of Starmie's attacks, relentlessly, punching holes in their team, and putting pressure on them early.

I put recover over rapid spin because people NEVER lay down rocks when starmie's out, and the hp gain is a nice utility.

Salamence @ L.O.
    Intimidate
    Naive 76 Atk/252 SpA/180 Spe
    -Flame Thrower
    -DracoMeteor
    -EQ
    -Outrage

Salamence is great for luring in Garchomp’s counters and constituently obliterating them. I chose mixmence in order to destroy any walls that may be in this teams way, having defined special and physical attackers.

The EV spread was chosen to out speed +Speed Base 90’s. I felt out speeding base 100’s would be pointless as I’m here to break walls down, not sweep. Any fast counters to Mence’ll get pounded by DM, expecting a DD, and any bulky counters are still out sped.

Scizor @ Lum
    Technician
    Adamant 252 Atk/248 hp/8 Spe
    -Bullet Punch
    -U-Turn
    -Super Power
    -Swords Dance

SD U-turn Scizor. This scizor acts like a choice bander, but has the freedom of a swords dancer, and is my premier counter sleep. With this scizor I can poke around for counters, and axe them when the time is right.

I don’t like sleep inducers, and I’d rather them not plague my team. Lum berry allows me to break a sub, take sleep, and make a free move depending on how far into the game we are.

Garchomp @ Lum
    Sand Veil
    Jolly 252 Atk/252 Spe
    -Sub
    -Swords Dance
    -Outrage
    -Earthquake

This garchomp is outrageous. The base concept for this set is to be diverse. It functions like the sub salac set, but with less focus on the need to speed, and a bigger focus on unloading a free outrage (with a failsafe to check sleep inducing teams). Designed to punch holes and clean up.

Bronzong @ leftovers
    Levitate
    Sassy 252 hp/84 Atk/80 Def/92 SpD
    -Stealth Rock
    -Explosion
    -Earthquake
    -Reflect

My premier dragon counter and stealth rocker. I chose Earthquake over gyroball because I don’t want to deal with dragons so hard that I figure I’ll just explode on any that try to set up, and this way I can cause more problems for steals that may switch is; making scizors life nicer, as well as my dragons.

Vaporeon @ leftovers
    Water Absorb
    Bold 248 hp/224 def/36 SpD
    -Surf
    -Protect
    -Wish
    -hp(e)

Standard set meant to fuel Salamence’s L.O., scizor’s popping around, bronzong’s lack of recovery, and garchomp roaming around as he pleases.
    This set is also my main way of dealing with gyarados without sacking any of my pokemon.

The idea of my team is to beat down on my opponent, and sweep when the opportunity arises. I try not to give my opponent much wiggle room to prevent set up, and do my best to control their switching rather than the other way around. I feel bronzong and vaporeon slow my team down a bit, but they are nice ^^.
  2. Ereborus Nyx

Ereborus Nyx

This is a really good team, but i would go for Forry over Bronzong due to it's slightly higher Base Attack, and that it can lay some T.Spikes as well as Stealth Rock. Also, you could try switching Garchomp to something else for a bit more diversety and for a chance to prevent other Garchomps or Salamences taking yours out, so maybe a Frosslass or a Slowking.
  3. Brown

Brown

Bronzong is meant to be my immediate switch into dragons, being able to take whatever they throw at me and countering them. Not only is forettress ground neutral, but 4x weak to fire. Just about all varients of any dragon pwn forry if not outrage locked. I also don't need toxic spikes as vaporeon is my only stalling aspect to this team, and is mainly in there as a buffer rather than a wall.

And wha? Take garchomp out so I'm not beaten by my opponenets garchomp or salamence? For 1) My Garchomp can revenge their garchomp if need be, and take out their unboosted mence 2) If they switch into my garchomp, they switch into a sub, countering scarf varients nicely 3) Garchomp is Garchomp. HOW does Frosslass/Slowking even begin the replace garchomp? Are you serious?
  4. Burkey

Burkey

I would recommend on stamie using expert belt over life orb just so you can maintain the trick scarf illusion a minor thing but it could help you late game when someone thinks your locked in and you proceed to pound them with a speer effective hit.other than that I think its a good team

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)