No-Playerlist Mafia - Game Over: Assassins and Unclesam win

Bass

Brother in arms
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnus
King Midas II was found dead. Apparently he was assassinated by a group of bandits. Luckily, in his will, he issued the following decree!

The King, if number 2, will post their celebrity crush on the npl thread
His replacement will be billymills, who is now crowned William III. Please pick your decree.

Bass

Brother in arms
William III has quickly made his decree!

#1 and the king must post Daenym sucks in the NPL thread.
And with that, the third age has ended, and the fourth is about to start. Before that, here are the rankings:

1. jumpluff (6)
2. billymills (6)
3. shade (2)
4. Midou (1)

Decrees Followed: 8/8

The next election is upon us! Please send your votes and decrees ASAP. Don't be a dick and make me wait too long.

Bass

Brother in arms
In an effort to conclude the task, I am going to change the policy on votes. For this election and beyond, voting and decree writing are no longer mandatory. However, failure to do so will forfeit your position as King, regardless of how many votes you get yourself. I will also set a hard deadline for the election at 24 hours from this post. If you voted already and want to take it back in light of this, feel free. Also remember that changing your vote at any time will switch its priority, as I will only count your most recent one. As this is a tiebreaker round, everyone elected as king will have an opportunity to enforce their decrees, and the winner will be picked afterwards if there is one.

Use these facts to your advantage! If you dislike these changes, well... tough luck, I did make a disclaimer at the very beginning that this competition might be unfair. However, I feel that this task has gone on for far too long though mostly because a few of you were inactive, and I really want to move on and present the secret prize to the rightful winner. If there is still a tie at the end of the next election, there will be a new sudden death task. As always, good luck!

The sun rose and all of the Invisibles emerged from their homes, anxious to find the two corpses from the night before. But they didn’t find two bodies. Only one, which had been cut open and carefully preserved.

Role PM said:
Dear LonelyNess Layell,
You are The Invisible.

One of the last enemies encountered in Kingdom Hearts, you are only found in The End of the World. You are probably the strongest non-boss encounter in the game, especially in a group. During battle you often throw your sword into the ground and disappear before using your strongest attack, surrounding your target with flames.

At night you may PM askaninjask and Daenym “NX - Surround <user> with dark flames.” Your target will be too busy dodge rolling out of the way of the fire to complete any other night actions.

You are holding the Cloning Machine. <snip>

You are allied with the Invisibles. You win if the Invisibles outlast the Assassins, the Alchemist, and the Stalinist Coalition for a Better Tomorrow.
As the Cloning Machine fell into LIMBO, everyone lamented the death of another strong role in the community But the biggest news was that there had only been one death during the night. Had it been Layell making some final effort to save someone? Or maybe another force was at work?

Either way, everyone was definitely getting a sense that the end of this conflict, for better or worse, couldn’t be too far out of sight.

Items in LIMBO:

Spy Satellite
_a__i__ P__t
__c__n_ _a__
Paintball Gun
Sticky Hands
Black Jack
Teleporter
White Cape
Force Field
Cloning Machine

It is now Day 7. Have a wonderful 48 hours.

Bass

Brother in arms
The fourth election is over. Our next kings are:

shade
jumpluff

In that order. Rankings since the third age remain unchanged. The decrees that our kings may pick are as follows:

#3 must set the King's avatar to an image of the King's choice.
#4 must post billymills is gay
#1 and king say hi to everyone
And with that, I am happy to crown our next king, shade, as Shadow III. Please pick your decree ASAP!

Bass

Brother in arms
Shadow III selected his decree:

#4 must post billymills is gay
And Shadow III vanished in thin air. Next was jumpluff, now Alice III's decree:

#3 must set the King's avatar to an image of the King's choice.
The fourth age is now over... and we finally have a winner! Congratulations to jumpluff for winning the competition! Your secret prize will be unveiled in this post shortly!

Now it is time for the moment that you have all been waiting for. The of unveiling the the secret prize!

Are you ready?

Hah! Not so fast! Although you are the winner of the competition, you still have not earned the secret prize just yet. In order to receive it, you must complete one more task. A great man once said that you must do the impossible. See the invisible. Touch the untouchable. Break the unbreakable. And fight the power. Just remember all of this advice if you get stuck. You managed to complete the previous four tasks splendidly, so I have high expectations of you. Good luck!

Thanks for hosting, Bass! I had a lot of fun. Thanks also to billymills, shade, and Midou, as well as everyone who gave me information, and sorry that it came down to kingmaker @billy. gg everyone!

ETA: I completed the final task. billy, you should try to complete it too, and let me know how long it took you.

Bass

Brother in arms
Congrats again to jumpluff, not only did she win the competition but she completed the fifth task and found the secret prize in record time! If the rest of you wish to see what the secret prize actually is, you are free to attempt to solve the riddle in my previous post, or jumpluff can reveal it herself.

In any case, expect a postgame to be up... once the NPL postgame is up so I can post it there. That is unless the hosts take 346568884 days to finish it, in which case I will post it somewhere else as I do not want to pull a LonelyNess.

Finally, expect another iteration of this competition in the future. This time, however, it will be a legitimate full fledged game. I plan to kick off sign ups once NPL mafia is finished. Expect it to be very similar to what you have seen in this thread but with completely new tasks and hopefully a lot more people. I think a lot of the tasks I have assigned would have been that much more interesting if there were more competent players.

Anyway, that is all I have left to say about that. I hope you all enjoyed it!

Well, the most interesting thing that happened today was the end of the gameception. So instead of forcing some pointless flavor, I’m going to talk about cookies.

90% of the time, the cookies I’m eating are homemade, either by me or my mom when I’m home to visit. Shockingly, my favorite cookie isn’t chocolate chip, it’s the ginger snap, but that’s a whole different story.

Anyway, while I was at the store, I happened across those packages of cookie dough where you just break off the squares. Having never tried one, I figured the $3 or so was worth it for two dozen, so I went for it. Needless to say, not all two dozen squares made it into the oven. I had a couple of squares of just cookie dough (fuck you, warning on the package! I live on the edge) before baking it.

Long story short (well, it’s kinda already long), despite the time saved not buying all the ingredients (granted I think the only thing I don’t have on hand is chocolate) and not making a huge mess, I’m going to stick with homemade cookies. These just taste so artificial. That said, I’m reminded of the joys of cookie dough. I know I’ve seen some eggless recipes for that before...

Oh. Did I say nothing interesting happened? Well, that was before 5 minutes before deadline.

Fatecrashers finally spoke up, casting a vote for Paperblade, and it looks like Spiffy changed his vote at the last minute, claiming (for the billionth time) that Paperblade is the Alchemist. Otherwise, it was a mixed bag of “who should we vote for?” from others.

But as everyone moved in on Paperblade a creature got in the way.

Role PM said:
Dear LightWolf,
You are a Chimera.

One of the abominations created by Alchemist Shou Tucker, it is hard to say exactly what you are. As a fusion of man and beast you are certainly nothing that belongs in this world, though. Soulless and nearly mindless, you simply go through the motions of life, doing your creator’s bidding.

At night you may PM askaninjask and Daenym “NX - Hook <user>.” Your target will be unable to perform any night actions.

You are allied with the Alchemist. You win if the Alchemist outlasts the Invisibles, the Assassins, and the Stalinist Coalition for a Better Tomorrow.
This was a massive shock for the Invisibles. What did it mean? Was Paperblade really what he had been accused of? And why the stealth lynching? Regardless, the first signs of the Alchemist had been made public.

Items in LIMBO:

Spy Satellite
_a__i__ P__t
__c__n_ _a__
Paintball Gun
Sticky Hands
Black Jack
Teleporter
White Cape
Force Field
Cloning Machine

Night 7 is go. I wonder how many batches of cookies I can bake in 48 hours...

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
WOLFY NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I WILL RECRUIT YOU BACK TO MY MUCH-MORE-ATTRACTIVELY-LED FACTION AND NEVER LET ANYONE HURT YOU LIKE THIS AGAIN :((((((((((

Bumping deadline back an hour or two. This may be because I'm missing a couple of actions I'd rather not be missing.

It's more because I don't feel like writing the update yet.

Edit: Nvm. This post totally worked.

gdi now I have to write the update :/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)