No Protect ORAS Doubles - Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crestfall

levitate, levitate, levitate, levitate
Approved by Oglemi

Art by the amazing f(x) RIP IN PIECES
small font reads: "lando-t doesn't actually use protect, but we don't talk about that.
No Protect ORAS Doubles!
Intro

A pretty straightforward concept, an ORAS doubles tournament with protect being banned. The idea came up months ago when me and some others were discussing why no one runs Stealth Rock despite some threats that are weak to them in Doubles. I was informed that "needing" protect made you already lose some coverage. The 4MSS is too real in Doubles, so I thought a tour without protect would open up some new strategies and mindgames before moving - especially now that protect isn't there to absorb up a lot of would-be attacks that is. Looking forward to see if weather or some other HO will dominate now.

Standard Clauses
  • Sleep Clause OFF
  • Item Clause OFF
  • OHKO Clause ON
  • Timer Clause ON
  • Moody Clause ON
  • Evasion Clause ON
  • Species Clause ON
  • Endless Battle Clause ON
  • Uber Clause ON
Other Rules

If you use protect/its variants during a match, you are automatically DQd and your opponent will get the win.

Matchups

Deadline/Activity
Round 1 deadline will be 2 weeks from today (June 10th @ 11:59pm EST). Plenty of time to get matches done. Activity calls will be made almost entirely from VM wall contact so make sure you've clearly made proper attempts at scheduling BEFORE asking for an AW.

POST REPLAYS :)

Last edited:
[18:13:47] Yellow Paint: hey, we're paired for the no protect tour
[18:14:12] Lasagne: yo
[18:14:48] Yellow Paint: do you want to wait till later, or schedule a time now?
[18:14:55] Yellow Paint: there's still plenty time till the round ends
[18:15:11] Lasagne: can you play in like 22 hours?
[18:15:25] Yellow Paint: uhh
[18:15:31] Yellow Paint: sure
[18:15:34] Lasagne: sweet
[18:15:44] Yellow Paint: alright, see you then

Crestfall

levitate, levitate, levitate, levitate
do i have to get you the replay since qsns confirmed? id have to search for it, if you want i can send you the teams we were using if you care
you don't have to for proof I just want to see what kind of strategies people bring - your choice; not going to force anyone
yeah the teams is cool if you don't mind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)