ORAS Ubers No Rocks for my Birds V2 - Stall (Peaked 1 w/ 93 GXE)

Exiline

Banned deucer.
is a Past SCL Championis a Two-Time Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
upload_2015-5-19_17-41-30.png

Thanks Givrix for the banner ;]

Introduction

Hey everybody, I'm back in the RMT sub forum for a new team! This is probably the most successful team i've ever built in Ubers, which allowed me to get the first place in the Ubers ladder with it with 99 wins for 13 loss only (93.1 GXE). If you've already noticed it has the same title (barring the "V2") than one of my precedent RMT, why ? This team is basically a better (I guess) version of my older one.

Teambuilding Process

I started the team with Lugia and Sableye-Mega seeing as how well these two mons check/counter many mons in Ubers especially thanks to its amazing ability sableye that easily prevents lugia from getting Stealth Rocks.

Next up I added a Specially defensive Primal-Groudon because I needed a stealth rocks setter and well, P Don is probably one of (if not the only) best stealth rock user in the game. It also reliably checks many mons such as Xerneas and Kyogre-primal which can really threatning for sableye and lugia.

After that I added Latias as it learns defog and helps me against some powersome sweepers including kyogre-primal, lava plume groudon-primal...

My team were fucking weak to Ho-Oh at this point (lugia just hates being burned) and arceus is a god. Enter Rockceus, which is able to Defog as well! It's pretty useful at checking Yeltal though.
Now considering i had Defog on Arceus, i switched Latias' set into a CM one (that helps me against most of defensive arceus form and bulky teams in general.

The last member of the team was choice banded Ho-Oh as it helps me a lot against some special attackers and versus more balanced teams. Also Ho-Oh is one of my favourite mons in ORAS Ubers.

Latias → Latios as I prefered power over bulk. This is No Rocks for My Birds V1.

PISTOLERO suggested me an unaware clefable, it's a very nice idea seeing as it provides me a great wish support and heal bell, although it helps me a lot against dark types (especially darkrai), Geomancy Xerneas and CM + Refresh Arceus.

ReVeR ThE KiNg (a guy in a private room, thanks bro ^^') suggested me Physically defensive Ho-Oh and arceus-ground over arceus-rock because one of the major problem of this team is offensive Groudon with SR that can be very annoying because sableye is 2HKOd by groudon-primal. Arceus-ground can easily clean entry hazards over it (also lava plume can burn sableye) and it helps me against gengar-mega + groudon-primal core (which is very hard to deal with especially considering lugia might be trapped).

Arceus-ground is a cool mon but it leaves me super weak to Ho-Oh and Specs Kyurem-White, that's why i finally ended up using arceus-water as it checks groudon in the same way as arceus-ground while still handling Ho-Oh and Kyurem-White. Oh, and it helps me a lot against kyogre.
This is the last version of the team!

In Depth

Sableye (F) @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Def / 136 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Foul Play
- Magic Coat
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover

The Birds Protector !

Foul Play: Foul Play is a standard move on Mega Sableye in Ubers, and the reason is simple. Foul Play hits harder many mons because in Ubers a lot of them have a great attack stat and then it prevents eventual sweepers from setting up (hi arceus ekiller).

Magic Coat: "Magic coat on a magic bounce mon...It's useless bro..." This is what you think right ? But no, Magic coat is really useful against offense with deoxys skill swap.

Will-O-Wisp: W-o-W is a very cool move, reducing your opponent's attack by 2 steps and making residual damage: it is really strong.

Recover: Recover is mandatory for Sableyes staying power, I don't need to explain this point.

Why did I choose this Pokémon ?

Sableye is a really cool mon in Ubers thanks to its amazing typing (Fuck every mewtwo, arceus, deoxys, kangashkan...) and its amazing (again) ability (bounce lugia, klefki, deoxys, defensive yveltal...'s status moves)
It's one of the key mons of the team, given that the absence of hazard on your field is one of your major preoccupation when you play this team.

Item, Evs and Nature:

Sableye's mega stone is mandatory, I don't need to explain this.
248 and 136 Evs invested in HP and SpDef are really useful to check Mega-Mewtwo Y, I invested the rest in defense with a Bold nature to check arceus, kangashkan and other physical attacker...

Other options:

Fake out (to mega-evolve safely against mons like Xerneas, getting little damage or turn off Will-o-Wisp/toxic) or Toxic (better residual damage than Will-o-Wisp) can be used over magic coat.

Somes calc:

252 Atk Life Orb Arceus Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 124+ Def Mega Sableye: 91-108 (30 - 35.6%) -- 30.3% chance to 3HKO

252 SpA Mega Mewtwo Y Fire Blast vs. 248 HP / 136 SpD Mega Sableye: 128-151 (42.2 - 49.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252 Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 124+ Def Mega Sableye: 109-129 (35.9 - 42.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

0 Atk Dark Aura Yveltal Foul Play vs. 248 HP / 124+ Def Mega Sableye: 73-87 (24 - 28.7%) -- 97.2% chance to 4HKO

252 Atk Mega Mewtwo X Ice Punch vs. 248 HP / 124+ Def Mega Sableye: 74-88 (24.4 - 29%) -- 99.7% chance to 4HKO

4 Atk Deoxys-A Knock Off vs. 248 HP / 124+ Def Mega Sableye: 54-64 (17.8 - 21.1%) -- possible 5HKO

252 SpA Deoxys-A Ice Beam vs. 248 HP / 136 SpD Mega Sableye: 99-117 (32.6 - 38.6%) -- 98.9% chance to 3HKO

4 SpA Spooky Plate Arceus-Ghost Judgment vs. 248 HP / 136 SpD Mega Sableye: 120-142 (39.6 - 46.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252+ Atk Griseous Orb Giratina-O Dragon Tail vs. 248 HP / 124+ Def Mega Sableye: 84-99 (27.7 - 32.6%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

0 Atk Klefki Play Rough vs. 248 HP / 124+ Def Mega Sableye: 110-132 (36.3 - 43.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Lugia @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Whirlwind
- Roost

The Great Wall !

Ice Beam: His only offensive attack, why this over Stabs ? It's simple Aeroblast has very bad PP and Psyshock hit nobody (execpt gengar). Ice beam can make big damage on salamence and rayquaza, decent damage on yveltal...And it also can freeze.

Toxic: It's the principal Lugia weapon for kill opposing pokemons. I don't really need explain this point.

Whirlwind: Very cool move phaze set-up mons (or just make Stealth rock damage/make your foe lose the momentum), It also avoid the trap by non taunt gengar-mega.

Roost: Roost is mandatory for Lugias staying power, I don't need to explain this point. I choose roost over recover for reduce the rock and electric move when i'm faster.

Oml this mons has insane bulk with multiscale, lugia check lot of threat like Arceus, groudon, blaziken, salamence....he literally check the half off the metagame.

Item, Evs and Nature:

Leftovers is the best item for boost lugia's staying power.
96 speed is for outspeed the pokémon with 90 BS speed and 252 Evs with a neutral nature in speed (like Ho-Oh, groudon or kyogre).
The rest is for HP (248 and not 252 for stealth rock damage) and defense for take hit from salamence, arceus, groudon etc better.

Other options:

None.

Ho-Oh @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 192 Def / 52 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Brave Bird
- Toxic
- Recover​

Burn Everyone !

Sacred Fire: The first stab and one of the most broken move in the game, 50% burn is really broken. it's very useful to burn Ho-Oh switch in.

Brave Bird: The second stab, I dont need to explain this point.

Toxic: Toxic is very useful for reduce the staying power of mon like arceus-water/rock, groudon,, giratina.. etc

Recover: Recover is very useful for Sableyes staying power, I don't need to explain this point. I choose recover over roost for beat no stone edge/rock slide groudon-primal.

Ho-Oh is an amazing mon in Ubers, I choose the physicaly defensive set for sponge the Ho-Oh's sacred fire (i hate being burned) and I have lugia and arceus for brave bird, also with his natural specially bulk it help me against powerful Special attacker.

Item, Evs and Nature:

Leftovers is really cool for boost Ho-Oh's staying power.
With 248 Hp and 52 SpDef Evs Ho-Oh live one Thunder from Xerneas at +2. 16 Evs speed is a little creep for other Ho-Oh. The next going in defense with an impish nature for take hit better from Ho-Oh.

Other options:

Choice band Ho-Oh can be used over this Ho-Oh.

Somes Calc:

+2 252+ SpA Xerneas Thunder vs. 248 HP / 52 SpD Ho-Oh: 350-414 (84.3 - 99.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Darkrai Dark Pulse vs. 248 HP / 52 SpD Ho-Oh: 117-138 (28.1 - 33.2%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
252+ SpA Life Orb Dark Aura Yveltal Dark Pulse vs. 248 HP / 52 SpD Ho-Oh: 165-196 (39.7 - 47.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Latios Draco Meteor vs. 248 HP / 52 SpD Ho-Oh: 211-249 (50.8 - 60%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Dread Plate Arceus-Dark Judgment vs. 248 HP / 52 SpD Ho-Oh: 100-118 (24 - 28.4%) -- 96.2% chance to 4HKO
252 Atk Adaptability Mega Lucario Close Combat vs. 248 HP / 192+ Def Ho-Oh: 116-137 (27.9 - 33%) -- 88.3% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 240 HP / 252 SpD / 16 Spe
Careful Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Dragon Tail
- Rest
- Stealth Rock

The Metagame !

Precipice Blades: The stab, with his 120 BP and 180 BS atk, that hit hard even without attack investissment.

Dragon Tail: very useful move for phaze setu-up mons and make residual damage with SR, also make decent damage on lati twins and salamence.

Rest: I choose rest because my team is very weak to kyogre and if groudon get poison'ed, my opp can wear down him relatively easily. Also this move help me against other stall for pp stall my opponent.

Stealth Rock: Stealth rock, the mandatory move in everyteam, I don't need to explain this point.

I choose groudon because my team has not stealth rock setter and it can check darkrai, kyogre, klefki, Xerneas etc...

Item, Evs and Nature:

I have not the choice for the item, only red orb can be run with groudon-primal.
240 Evs in Hp and 252 Evs in Spdef with a careful nature for take special hit from kyogre, darkrai, xerneas...better. And the last 16 Evs in speed for speed creep other groudon.

Other options:

None.

Somes calc:

252 SpA Life Orb Darkrai Dark Pulse vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Primal Groudon: 136-161 (33.7 - 39.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
+2 252+ SpA Xerneas Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Primal Groudon: 223-263 (55.1 - 65%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Primal Kyogre Origin Pulse vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Primal Groudon: 0-0 (0 - 0%) -- aim for the horn next time (lol)

Arceus @ Splash Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 124 Spe
Bold Nature
- Ice Beam / Judgement
- Toxic
- Defog
- Recover

The God Of The Game !

Ice beam / Judgement: His only attack move, Ice beam is nice for OHKO salamence and make damage on groudon-primal but you can also use judgement because this team is little weak to Substitute Ho-Oh and make damage on steel type is cool too.

Toxic: Very useful for kill P Don, P Ogre, other arceus, lati twins...

Defog: A hazard remover is mandatory for this team. (also i don't miss toxic after defog...)

Recover: Recover is mandatory for Arceus's staying power, I don't need to explain this point.

I absolutely need a defoger and arceus check kyurem-w, Ho-Oh, Groudon-primal, salamence-mega...
Item, Evs and Nature:

Splash plate because I want an arceus-water.
124 speed is for outspeed max speed 90 BS pokémons (like groudon, Ho-Oh and kyogre). The rest going in HP and Defense for take the hit better.
Other options:

Will-o-Wisp but it's not very good imo.

Clefable (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect

The Cleric And Glue Of The Team !

Moonblast: His stab, hit darkrai, yveltal and Xerneas very nicely (thanks fairy aura!), I don't need to say more on this point.

Heal Bell: Very ery useful for heal statuts.

Wish: Wish is mandatory for Clefable's staying power, Also she can heal my other mons (especially P Don)

Protect: When you use Wish, you need protect.

I need a solid check to darkrai and CM + Refresh Arceus, Also a Wish and heal bell user is very useful for a stall team.
Item, Evs and Nature:

Max HP and Max Spdef with a calm nature for take darkrai and xerneas better, I don't need to say more for this point.
Other options:

None.

Last edited:

Exiline

Banned deucer.
is a Past SCL Championis a Two-Time Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
Threat List

Red: Big Threat
Orange: Little Threat
Green: Not a threat

S Rank

S+
  • Groudon-Primal: Groudon is ok, the lava plume version can be annoying if it get the burn on arceus-water, SD version is check by lugia but if lugia is gone it can make big holes in the team. Arceus can defog on groudon. If he has rest, it generally lack rock move and Ho-Oh can beat hit.

S
  • Arceus-normal: Arceus is ok, sableye check it very well between Will-O-Wisp and foul play (i have a priority W-o-W also), lugia can toxic stall/phaze arceus too.
  • Salamence-mega: Lugia check it very well, Arceus-water can tank a hit at +1 and OHKO mence with ice beam. Also I have a priority will-o-wisp with sableye before mega-evolving. Dragon tail on groudon can prevent set-up (Also it tank a hit after one dragon dance)
  • Xerneas: I can deal with geomancy, scarf and defensive variants relatively easily relatively easily with Ho-Oh, Clefable and Groudon-primal (I have also lugia and arceus which can deal with it) but the life orb version (especially witth rock slide) can be more problematic (but groudon check it very well and it have rest).

A Rank

A+

• Arceus-Ghost: The sword dance variant is one of the biggest threat to the team, sableye make HUGE damage on ghostceus with foul play but it is OHKO by shadow Force (unless min roll), Groudon take 1 shadow force at +2 and can phaze/damage it, Ho-Oh tank one hit at +2 (unless max roll) and toxic it/pray for the sacred fire burn. Also Lugia (with multisquale) and arceus-water tank 1 hit and can toxic arceus-ghost.
  • Darkrai: The Nasty Plot life orb variant is very dangerous, Ho-Oh and groudon take a hit at +2, sableye can bounce his dark void and clefable is only 3HKO by sludge bomb at full life and after protect + lefties recovery.
  • Kyogre-Primal: This mon is very dangerous if Groudon is weaken (this is why i use rest) or if his climates goes on groudon's (I can switch out on arceus-w or lugia and toxic it/back with groudon). Also the resttalk variant can be difficult to kill.
  • Ho-Oh: The band variant is ok: Ho-Oh take easily the sacred fire (and brave bird make ~60/70%) and Arceus-water and Lugia can take brave bird really easily. For the no band variant the best way for kill it is poison Ho-Oh with your own Ho-Oh or lugia/waterceus. (and this why the sub version is annoying).

A
  • Arceus-Ground: The special version is not problematic at all: just toxic it with Ho-Oh/Arceus-w/lugia and wait damage it with Ho-Oh/Arceus-water. The physical variant is more problematic but lugia can toxic stall it/phaze it. Also arceus-water is a good check to the physical variant.
  • Gengar-mega: Damn, this mon is really awful :/ The offensive variant (2 attacks + Taunt and Destiny bond) can kill 1 mon (2 sometimes) in the team...and the perish trapper, this thing can kill everything (barring sableye and lugia).
  • Klefki: Klefki is really annoying, when you are against a klefki try to mega-evolving sableye as soon as possible for prevent spikes setting, also groudon and Ho-Oh are good for kill it. For the statuts spamm you have sableye (magic bounce), groudon (rest) and clefable (heal bell) for it.
  • Latios: Lugia and Ho-Oh take hit from latios very well and can toxic stall/kill it with brave bird. The most problematic latios is CM: it can make big holes if the rocks are on my fields.
  • Latias: Same as latios but less stronger :].
  • Lugia: Lugia are not really a threat, i have sableye-mega for bounce his attacks, many toxic user and a heal beller.
  • Mewtwo-Mega-Y: With his special defense investissement, sableye can check it very well (it's only 3HKO by fireblast and foul play OHKO mewtwo without min roll). Also lugia check it well if it hasn't taunt. groudon can take his psystrike relatively well.
  • Mewtwo: Same as MMY with life orb recoil and a little more power.
A-
  • Arceus-Rock: The best way to beat rockceus is toxic it with Ho-Oh (it's a great lure) and pressuring it with waterceus or groudon.
  • Arceus-Water: Toxic it with lugia/Ho-OH and pressuring with groudon (thanks rest).
  • Deoxys-Speed: Lol it does nothing to Sableye-mega.
  • Dialga: Offensive Dialga can be really annoying if it has stone edge (btw Ho-Oh take a stone edge from Life orb dialga at full life), Ho-Oh, lugia and arceus-water tank hit very well (but if it has thunder it can be really dangerous).
  • Giratina-o: Just toxic it and wait his death. Ho-Oh and clefable are the best answer but Groudon and arceus can take his hits relatively easily.
  • Rayquaza: Same as Salamence-mega but it learn Sword dance (and dragon dance too) and it can OHKO Groudon with aqua tail.
  • Sableye-mega: The best way to kill sableye-mega is burn it and spamm brave bird it with Ho-Oh or spamm moonblast with clefable.
  • Tyranitar: Tyranitar does nothing to sableye (and it can bounce his stealth rock), also arceus can toxic it and defog on tyranitar. It does not many damage with pursuit on Ho-Oh.
  • Yveltal: Ho-Oh check offensive and defensive variants very well. Sableye check very nicely the defensive variant and Clefable counter all the variant. Arceus-water is a good check too.

B Rank

B+
  • Arceus-Dark: Not really a problem, Clefable simply destroy it. Ho-Oh can also pressure it.
  • Arceus-Fairy: Ho-Oh can toxic/burn it and pressure it. Also groudon can pp stall it and clefable ignore CM boost.
  • Diancie-Mega: With the previous version of the team i'm very weak to this but now i have arceus-water that is a good check. Also P Don can take moonblast and diamond storm very well and OHKO diancie with precipice blades.
  • Deoxys-A: Sableye totally wall it, Also lugia and arceus can take his hits correctly.
  • Excadrill: Excadrill lead is very annoying, it can para everythings and set-up his stealth rocks relatively easily (mold breaker). The best way to kill it is Ho-Oh (or arceus-water if you have judgement). The sand version is less problematic Arceus-water check it very well. Also lugia can take his hits well.
  • Ferrothorn: Ferrothorn is completely wall by Sableye (magic bounce), Also Ho-Oh can destroy it with sacred fire (or you can get a free toxic on the switch). But this mon can wall the half of my team :/.
  • Mewtwo-Mega-X: Sableye totally wall it, Also Lugia can take his hits very well. (Arceus water can be 2HKO if the stealth rocks are on my field).
  • Skarmory: Sableye totally block it. Also Ho-Oh can make huge damage on skarmory.
  • Shaymin-Sky: Ho-Oh and lugia takes his hits very well and they can OHKO skymin in return, but fuck flinch omg.

B
  • Aegislash: Sableye call wall it and it "immune" to aegi's toxic after mega-evolving, Groudon-primal and Ho-Oh are good check but they can being toxic'ed.
  • Blaziken / Blaziken-Mega: Lugia and Arceus-water can check it very well (especially lugia for the SD variant). Groudon-primal can be also a "light" check. For the baton pass version lugia just whirlwind it.
  • Clefable: Ho-Oh and Groudon-primal check it very well, Also i can pp stall his heal bell with lugia/arceus-water/sableye.
  • Forretress: Sableye just totally stop foretress (magic bounce is so good against forretress offense^^')
  • Groudon: Sableye can block his rocks (regular is less stronger than groudon-primal and can being burned). Also lugia and arceus-water are good check (arceus can defog on groudon btw).
  • Jirachi: Ho-Oh and Groudon check it very well, Sableye check it well too and it can bounce his stealth rock (if it has).
  • Kyurem-White: Damn the spec variant is a MONSTER, Ice beam OHKO lugia, 2HKO groudon, 2HKO Ho-Oh, 2HKO clefable, 2HKO sableye...And Draco Meteor can OHKO Arceus-water after stealth rock. Try to toxic him and revenge kill with Ho-Oh. Arceus-water can help a lot against him thanks to his water type (ice resist). The other variant is less problematic.
  • Palkia: Clefable, Arceus-water, Groudon and lugia can check it but attention the thunder variant can be very annoying.
  • Wobbuffet: Wobbufet can only kill clefable in my team, it's not the biggest threat (but it can be annoying if paired with darkrai).
  • Zekrom: Damn this mon is HUGE, I have 0 switch in to the life orb version (with earth power) try to revenge kill it with groudon-primal/toxic. The scarf version si less problematic but really annoying. When you play against a zekrom, you need playing very smart if you want win.

B-
  • Aerodactyl-Mega: Arceus-water check it extremy well, lugia can also toxic stall it/pp wast his stone edge.
  • Blissey: Blissey can be pressuring relatively easily by sableye/groudon-primal (rest and the toxic spamm.
  • Cloyster: When you face a offense with cloyster just lead with sableye or arceus water. if you lead with sableye Will-O-Wisp it and foul play it. if you lead with arceus-water, toxic it and spamm defog.
  • Genesect:Groudon and Ho-Oh checkt it very nicely, Also it don't make amazing damage on lugia and arceus-water. Annoying Only if I have stealth rock on my side.
  • Greninja: Lead with sableye for blocks his toxic spikes, and pray for no scald burn/gunk shot poison.
  • Kangashkan-Mega: Sableye and Lugia check it very well. Arceus-water is also a good answer to kang.
  • Metagross-Mega: Sableye can will-o-wisp it, Groudon and Ho-Oh (without rock slide) are good check.
  • Sableye: Ho-Oh, Groudon-primal and Clefable check it very well.
  • Scizor-Mega: Ho-Oh, groudon-primal and sableye check it very well.

C Rank

C+

C

C-

D Rank

Matchups

Standard HO
- This is actually a pretty easy match-up, Sableye blocks the stealth rocks from deoxys, and the foes's sweepers can't really sweep without the rocks. The only mon that can win the game is darkrai but with clefable + groudon-primal + ho-oh it's very hard for your opponent to sweep.

Stall
- Not the most difficult matchup, toxic ho-oh and rest groudon help a lot, to win the best strategy is to spam toxic (and waste the opponent's heal bell pp)

Balance
... - really depens of what your opponent use, I can't really explain what are you doing for win but you can refer in the threal list.

Replays

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-233407120 - against a balance
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-233387143 - against a hyper offense with SD Ghostceus
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-233379901 - against shrang
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-198928119 vs standard offense
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-201657539 vs stall (and why stall team need Ho-Oh Check)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-199376226 vs standard offense with deo-s skill swap
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-206135938 interesting replay vs balance.

Shoutouts
Erza98 Thanks for the grammar check <3
Givrix Thanks for the banner bro n_n
Scythe. Lord Outrage Panure Dlanyer Kenichaw Gros orteil davidTheMaster santaK Didoy75 LetMeShine- skysoki Roi Pika SkyrioDlanyer Vinc608 ... French Frens <3

Importable

Fuck The Meta (Sableye) (F) @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Def / 136 SpD
Bold Nature
- Foul Play
- Magic Coat
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover

The Great Wall (Lugia) @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Whirlwind
- Roost

Phoenix (Ho-Oh) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 192 Def / 52 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Brave Bird
- Toxic
- Recover

Ban me plz (Groudon-Primal) @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 240 HP / 252 SpD / 16 Spe
Careful Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Dragon Tail
- Rest
- Stealth Rock

Arceus - Ice (Arceus) @ Splash Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 124 Spe
Bold Nature
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Defog
- Recover

Pink = Fat (Clefable) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect

~Exiline

Last edited:
Hey Exiline! Solid team you have here and I'm nowhere near being good enough to tell you any big changes. The only thing I wonder about is why have Magic Coat > Taunt on your Sableye? Prankster lets you move first anyway and Magic Coat is extremely rare on Deoxys-S who also carry skill swap. Taunt also prevents PDon switch-ins who want to set up rocks on your switch and Xern who could geomancy in your face or even Darkrai who may try to NP in your face. If I'm missing something about magic coat then I'm sorry, but taunt seems like the better move to me!

Exiline

Banned deucer.
The threat list is added (only S and A rank but the next comming tomorrow).
Also Scythe. make a second grammar check, big thanks bruh <3

tenefix yes taunt is a decent move on sableye but I guess magic coat or fake out (or toxic) are better because: For xern and darkrai i prefer burn they over taunt (clefable op^^). and for P Don arceus-water can defog really easily against it and it can't switch everytime on sableye because foul play make good damage. Thanks for the rate.

Last edited:
one thing i have noticed with this team is that there is no real win con, i mean, its good, but without any real ways to win, ubers can be a very steep uphill battle

haxiom

God's not dead.
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey Exiline,

First of all, let me say this: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-ubers-33751
I'm reluctant to rate this since this is the second RMT of yours that's questionable in that regard, but it's a pretty straightforward build and I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Twice.

Anyways, the team is pretty solid. You cover most stuff well and Mega Sableye+Water Arceus functions well to keep entry hazards off of your side. I do think that Darkrai has the potential to annoy you- you can play around it with Mega Sableye and Clefable but you lose 2+ mons to a simple mispredict. Additionally, Mega Gengar is threatening, though this is a nearly impossible fix due to the lack of space to fit a Pursuit user on this build.

I have a few suggestions for you. I think that running Choice Band Ho-Oh is your best option, helping out against Darkrai while giving this team a lot more offensive presence against bulkier builds. Ho-Oh ends up a bit more annoying, so I think you should also run Judgment Water Arceus. Lugia pretty much beats Primal Groudon and Mega Salamence for you, especially since the team deals with entry hazards pretty well. Judgment allows Water Arceus to be a much more reliable check to Ho-Oh, because it can threaten with a super effective Judgment (and take Sacred Fire well as it resists). I'd also go with Taunt > Magic Coat on Mega Sableye, as it has so much more general utility and still beats Skill Swap Deoxys-S once. I don't love that Primal Groudon set, but it's serviceable. I can't really do much to fix the Mega Gengar weakness, but I think that this is overall a better build than previously.

Ho-Oh @ Choice Band
EVs: 248 HP / 196 Atk / 52 SpD / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Brave Bird
- Earthquake
- Sleep Talk

Good luck!

Exiline

Banned deucer.
Hey Haxiom,

Overall thanks for your rate

Damn everyone has this team (lord outrage has a similar team too).

I have already used choice band Ho-Oh, it's pretty cool and it can be used over physically defensive Ho-Oh but I prefer defensive Ho-Oh because it help me agaist other Ho-Oh (who is a big threat because Sacred Fire Burn is just awful ]: ) and mon like lucario or mawile without stone edge (but CB Ho-Oh check it too) and toxic Ho-Oh is really useful and for darkrai with Ho-Oh + P Don + Clefable (+ sableye which pressuring my opp). I generally going to sleep/death the less important mons between these 3 (but all they can survive^^). Yh i agree gengar is a HUGE threat especially the perish trapper (thanks god it can't trap sableye and lugia and it's less used in ORAS, love you salamence and groudon). But you are right, I can't really make this team better against it :/ using donkey team
I using magic coat on sab because deo-s + darkrai is very annoying but taunt/toxic/fake out/metal burst (cuz OHKO P Don is reallt cool^^') are good option too.
For Arceus water, judgement and ice beam are 2 good moves, depens on player's preference n_n

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-236927910 here a replay which show the utility of rest groudon and toxic Ho-Oh.

Hope commenting here is not too late

So i am one of those players currently playing this team and really enjoying it. My question is Magic Coat, what does it reflect that really worries you that magic bounce does not?

Secondly, have you developed this team any more recently?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)