NO STATUS

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I swear Wobb is now just a better Gothitelle as opposed to having a different role...

without stall there for it to destroy, idk what use it has as it just dies to any hard hit.

DoW

formally Death on Wings
I swear Wobb is now just a better Gothitelle as opposed to having a different role...

without stall there for it to destroy, idk what use it has as it just dies to any hard hit.
Goth can trap things like Amoonguss and Slowbro, however its role is very limited compared to Wobbuffet.

Martin

is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Goth can trap things like Amoonguss and Slowbro, however its role is very limited compared to Wobbuffet.
May I ask what Amoonguss doing w/o spore? The only thing I can think of is AV w/ Clear Smog to stop Contrary/PuP/Charge Beam shinanigans...

As for Slowbro, it just gets blown back by Mirror Coat anyway.

DoW

formally Death on Wings
May I ask what Amoonguss doing w/o spore? The only thing I can think of is AV w/ Clear Smog to stop Contrary/PuP/Charge Beam shinanigans...

As for Slowbro, it just gets blown back by Mirror Coat anyway.
Both mons are pretty good due to regen, giving the closest thing you'll get to reliable recovery. While Wobb generally deals with both as well, it's not as certain a counter: sometimes either pokemon can run Foul Play making it a 50/50 between wobb's two moves while Slowbro can also run Magic Coat, allowing it to beat Wobb if it gets a burn with scald at some point. But yes, it would be very uncommon to run a team that involves Wobb and not Gothi.

Last edited:

Martin

Both mons are pretty good due to regen, giving the closest thing you'll get to reliable recovery. While Wobb generally deals with both as well, it's not as certain a counter: sometimes either pokemon can run Foul Play making it a 50/50 between wobb's two moves while Slowbro can also run Magic Coat, allowing it to beat Wobb if it gets a burn with scald at some point. But yes, it would be very uncommon to run a team that involves Wobb and not Gothi.
Magic Coat is a status move, so idk how its planning to stall wobb out. It also doesn't get mirror coat if it was a typo, so it isn't taking on Wobb any time soon.

DoW

formally Death on Wings
Magic Coat is a status move, so idk how its planning to stall wobb out. It also doesn't get mirror coat if it was a typo, so it isn't taking on Wobb any time soon.
Sorry, derped and got this confused with mirror coat which I thought it got x_x
Still, the rest of the post is valid I think.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)