No u [currently at 1705 G2]

First off, let me acknowledge the fact that my previous post was just about 15 days ago. I don't mean to spam at all.

A peak at the team

What it does...
...is rely heavily on prediction. That's why I tend to lead with the bulky Bronzong. If I see a Victini in Team Preview, I'm pretty confident that I have to switch to Swampert in turn 1. I tend to force a lot of switches, which means I have to switch a lot as well. Blastoise is primarily there to spin away threats after a Wish from Umbreon to heal him after SR/switch-in damage. I tend to take full advantage of Choice-users, switching in to the correct counter and hopefully predict their next move. Protect helps me a lot with this.
The most important aspect of the game is surprise.

The team
The team consists of 4 (semi-)stalling pokemon and 2 Scarfed revenge-killers/late-game sweepers/cleaners, which are now detailed:

Light Mew (Umbreon) @ Leftovers
Trait: Synchronize
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Careful Nature
- Heal Bell
- Protect
- Wish
- Foul Play

-Umbreon is by far the best cleric in UU as of now, and very few Pokemon are a real threat to it.
252 Atk Heracross Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Umbreon: 350-414 (88.83 - 105.07%) -- 31.25% chance to OHKO
Sometimes it sweeps through weakened teams if I spam Foul Play lategame. As I said, prediction is everything, and predicting a switch to Heracross means I get to fire off a Foul Play:
0 Atk Umbreon Foul Play vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Heracross: 95-112 (31.56 - 37.2%) -- 88.21% chance to 3HKO
~34% damage is nice to get in freely on a Pokemon with no means of recovery, especially if SR is up.
Using protect on ScarfCross means I get to switch out to whatever I feel like, but the 2 STABs usually lead me Chandelure.
-I might change the EVs so that Umbreon is sure to survive a ScarfCross CC.

Joim (Swampert) @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Roar
- Protect

-My Swampert is a bit off, but I like him quite a lot. He used to be special with Hydro Pump and Earthpower just for the sheer surprise, but it was risky considering he's my only Raikou counter.
-Not only does he counter Raikou well, he's also great at forcing Victini out, as well as most Zapdos and other major threats.
-Giving him max SpD means he's a safe switch in to many of these threats, including Houndoom's Dark Pulse.
-Roar is an all time favorite, since it's my only counter to set-up-sweepers or passers.
-If you look at Blastoise, you'll notice another Roar. That's how important interruption and stalling is to me.
-Protect, as I said, is important to me because it gives me both a turn to gain 6.5% HP, and lets me predict much easier.

Oarpheus (Bronzong) @ Light Clay
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Stealth Rock
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Gyro Ball

-Bronzong is everything in one. Most dedicated leads, like Azelf and especially Froslass, are completely baffled every time they think Taunt will shut him down, only to get a Gyro Ball on the same turn. That's right, I know you have Taunt, don't think I'm stupid.
-Stealth Rock is quite important, so there's not really any question about that.
-Dual Screens are a great asset to have, especially when I rely so much on forced switches and prediction. I have to be able to tank a hit or two when switching out.
-I'm considering 1 Speed IV, just so I'm faster than other Bronzong, but most of them I see are part of a Trick Room based team.

QoR (Blastoise) @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Toxic
- Roar

-Here she is, Queen of Randoms, and she's just that. Rapid Spin and Scald are quite obvious. I like the burn chance of Scald (Randoms is her last name), and Rapid Spin is to ease switches.
-Toxic I went with because I felt I needed at least some status, and it's quite effective. Even against others with Toxic, because I can switch to Umbreon the turn after and heal Queen off.
-Roar is back, and you should see people's reactions to having two phazers. I would never consider Dragon Tail, because Substitute. The end.

NekoNay (Heracross) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Guts
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Megahorn
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

-Possibly the most standard Heracross set ever, the ScarfCross set. I went with Guts because he usually doesn't stay in enough so that Moxie is effective, and people thinking Will-o-Wisp will stop him amuse me. Please gief moar Toxics tho.

Mikel (Chandelure) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Energy Ball
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Trick

-Chandelure excels at so many things, and if I predict right, common stich-ins like Milotic, Blastoise and Slowbro are hurt badly by Energy Ball.
-Fire Blast is completely insane if I manage to get a Flash Fire boost, so GG if you carry WoW Sableye. Also a common switch-in to lead Sableye, because they tend to Trick me into their choice item, and I can then choose to Trick them back. Trick is hands the ultimate 4th move for Chandelure, as it passes Sucker Punches and cripples walls, specifically Umbreon, Snorlax (which is quite the annoyance to Chandy) and Chansey before the ban.

List of the biggest threats and greatest annoyances
Yes, I will make a dedicated threats post in replies, but that's going to be tomorrow. For now, let's look at the top somethings.

SubSeed Shaymin: God damn this mothertrucker is annoying. I have absolutely no way of passing her. My Spinner is weak to her damn Seed Flare and Chandelure does nothing to her except maybe Trick her, but she'll still be pretty useful and a pain in the ass.

Bulky NP Togekiss: Seriously, if I had to base my opinions on what my team likes, she'd be suspected right now. She's really just that cruel to my team.

SubMasnow: The most annoying Pokemon of all time, SubSeed Abomasnow. With weather blocking my leftovers and damaging my scarfers more than they like he's annoying enough, but think of the children when you choose to Substitute and Leech Seed my dear Pokimuns. My two phazers are Water types, so you can quess who I'll not switch in to break the sub.

Roserade: Unless I predict correctly, Roserade is really mean to me. I have issues bringing in my Chandy at her, because Spikes (I still don't know why, it's only like 12% damage at 1 layer] and Heracross is way too risky, especially when
252 Atk Heracross Megahorn vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Roserade: 307-363 (94.75 - 112.03%) -- 68.75% chance to OHKO
Many Roserade I see have a little more bulk, it appears. And at 85% Acc, and the risk of taking
0 SpA Roserade Sludge Bomb vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Heracross: 123-145 (40.86 - 48.17%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
around 45% damage doesn't really appeal to me.

So why?
Why not? I'm happy with the team, but anything you can tell me to counter these threats better is greatly appreciated. Basically, anything you'd recommend to counter threats I have yet to bring up/realize, or just anything that'd generally change the team to the better. It's carried me a long way, but I believe a few tweaks might carry me further towards the top. Thanks for your time.​

Yeah, I'm gonna have to use my bump here.

I won't bother with the complete threat list if I'm sure about response.

I'd recommend a Swords Dance set for your Heracross. 2 scarfers, although a good strategy on more offensive teams, is redundant on a team as defensive as yours. Using a Swords Dance set, or even a Sub set for that matter, will help ease prediction and help combat the major threats to your team. Hope I helped. GL!

Taking what morningsun said, better than changing Heracross set would be changing Chandelure set. Even though Scarflure outspeed a lot of things while being able to hit hard, Chand's biggest problem will always be things that can outspeed it, and most of them already carry a Scarf by itself (Darmanitan, Heracross and Mienshao are some of them); oddly enough they are all threats that Chand usually switch in, making predicting a bigger thing since all of them carry a super-efective move to Chand, and the ghost isn't what I call a bulky hitter. This way, I think a Specs Chandelure with the same moveset seems a better idea. With a Specs, even with a Timid nature, Chand can 2HKO most things with the proper move: Blastoise and Milotic are 2HKO by Energy Ball, special defensive Empoleon can be taken down by Fire Blast, Umbreon have a 47% of being 2HKO (Timid was used for the calcs). Thing is nothing is a safe switch to SpecsChand, unless it have a resistance to its STABs, and the few one can't take Heracross one-on-one.
Other thing is about Heracross: with Umbreon, I don't see a reason to run Guts instead of Moxie, really; Moxie boosts (only a single one) can be the difference between a KO for you or your opponent. If you still wants to keep Guts run Sleep Talk instead of Earthquake, this way you'll be able to absorb sleep while keeping the Guts boost in use.

This is what I can say about your team! Hope I was of some help, and good luck with the team!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)