No weather Full Offensive. 11-1 at 1800 Rating on Showdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
That being said, I'm confident that this is a top tier team. I went 11-1 on my Showdown account : "Always" while testing this team. This full on offensive team makes game really fast paced, usually the match is decided in 15 or so turns, which is why I love it so much. (In reality it's because I have no clue how to use a stall team.)

*Reminder : I am not analyzing in depth every individual member but rather the whole team and what your game plan should be with this team.*

Terrakion @ Focus Sash
4Hp / 252Atk / 252Spe - Jolly
Close Combat
Stone Edge
Stealth Rock
Taunt

It's your typical suicide lead. I might consider Hp Ice for those pesky Gliscors.

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Multiscale
4Hp / 252Atk / 252Spe - Adamant
Dragon Dance
Fire Punch
Outrage
Earthquake / Extremespeed

Although every member is crucial, Dragonite is the absolute MOST important member. Earthquake helps a lot with Jirachi, which my team is weak to several variants of them, and Xspeed is useful in general when I can't get a DD in.

Latios @ Choice Specs
4Hp / 252SpA / 252Spe - Timid
Draco Meteor
Dragon Pulse
Surf
Trick

Draco Meteor and Dragon Pulse are essential, don't try to waste your time suggesting to replace one of them. Explanation later

Breloom @ Life Orb
Technican
4Hp / 252Atk / 252Spe - Adamant
Spore
Mach Punch
Bullet Seed
Low Sweep / Swords Dance

Low Sweep sounds better on paper, since you really don't need more power with the ridiculous power Bullet Seed has. I consider Swords Dance more gimmicky since it can help you make great comebacks but not that useful in general.

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
184Hp / 4Def / 144SpA / 176 Spe - Modest
Thunder Wave
Hydro Pump
Volt Switch
Hidden Power Grass

Ripped straight off Smogon's strategy dex. Deals with a lot of this teams counters. I find Will-O-Wisp pointless as I'm not trying to be defensive with this team, I'd much rather paralyze. HP grass for Gastrodon.

Jirachi @ Expert Belt
80Hp / 252atk / 176Spe
Fire Punch
Ice Punch
U-Turn
Iron Head
~Has surprise value, adds a lot of diversity, momentum with U-turn and checks some counters. Might be the only member I consider replacing since often find its usefulness underwhelming. It used to be a Scizor but I had too much trouble dealing with Gliscor.~

**GAME PLAN**

1. The opening.

Analyze opponents team. If they are a rain team, usually leading with Rotom-W walks all over them. With Hp Grass, there are nothing that are immune to Volt Turn that can beat Rotom-W. The best case scenario they open with something weak to Volt turn, like Politoed, just Volt turn blindly, and you will always win the match up. If you feel like they are going for Ferrothorn, though, go for Terrakion. For any other team, Terrakion is your best bet, since the worst case scenario is you set up stealth rock and hopefully get some damage in, and with some prediction Taunt them so they don't get Stealth Rocks up. If they have something that is very weak to Stealth Rock and they have a spinner, it might be a good idea to keep Terrakion alive until Stealth Rock is no longer needed. In some occasions opening with Latios also works, if you feel like they won't start with a steel type and they don't have a Tyranitar, you can get some free damage.

2. Early game. (Opponent has 5-6 Pokes or total health 400%+ Left)

ANALYZE THE OPPONENTS TEAM

-If they have few steel types that aren't really bulky enough to take a lot of Draco Meteors, then try to dent their steel types as hard as possible while not letting Latios die, by spamming Draco Meteor. Sometimes I Draco Meteor away even if they have a Tyranitar, because I know if they're smart they aren't going to let Ttar die before my Latios does (since Ttar doesn't serve much other purpose with sand in), and there would be no point to keeping Latios alive.

-If there is any chance for a free dragon dance with Dragonite, do it, even if it's early game. There are absolutely no full health Dragonite counters with a DD in, and you are more than likely taking down at least 2 pokemon with Dragonite. Except for some very rare scarfers, keep an eye out for stuff like these.

-Try to switch in Dragonite before they set up Stealth Rocks. Don't think it must be a late game sweeper. In a lot of cases, if their team is very weak to Dragonite, sacrificing Terrakion taunting something just to ensure it doesn't set up Stealth Rock is worth it.

-If there is any chance for Breloom to safely come in on something slower, do it, and Spore. With the exception they have a perfectly healthy Toxic'd Gliscor or Espeon.

Only do the above when you are very certain >95% probability. Because you don't want your Dragons dying early to surprise attacks.

3. Mid game (Opponent has 3-4 Pokes or total health 250-400% Left)

Look at what pokes they have left, Sleeping pokes thanks to Breloom are considered dead. Take note of how much health their steel types have left. When possible, switch in Latios and choose between Draco Meteor and Dragon Pulse, depending on the KO range. If you are doing this correctly, every time Latios is switched in something on their side should die. Determine which of your pokemon is useless against what they have left, and expend them using them as free switches. Use Jirachi and Rotom-W as momentum rollers (as I like to call U-turner and Volt-Switchers.).

4. Late game (Opponent has 1-2 Pokes or total health less than 250%)

By this stage, every step should be like a simple puzzle if you are any good. There usually aren't much to say here. Either Breloom can Mach Punch everything, Dragonite can DD/Extremespeed everything, or Latios can Dragon Pulse everything.

**END OF GAME PLAN**

Problems for my team :

Choice Specs Jolteon. Especially when I somehow can't get Stealth Rock up it can just spam Volt Turn, and when my team is weakened, thunderbolt/thunder.
Gliscor with toxic. Toxicing my Latios and Rotom-W, once these two are out I can't beat Gliscor.

Please leave any suggestions, I'm mostly looking to replace Jirachi. Its main role is to check Outraging/Choiced Dragons, Tornadus, Lucario, U-Turn and be able to dent Gliscor. Scarf Genesect would be perfect if it wasn't uber.

Your descriptions are in violation of the RMT rules, please expand them. If you send them to me in a pm, I'll unlock this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)